Our vet Elif down the road thought Gamsiz was in love with her.
因为曾有那么一段时间
Because at one point we
我们每两周就会去看一次兽医
were making a trip to the vet every two weeks.
总是有这样那样的问题
Constantly getting in trouble.
他或是发生意外受伤 或是真菌感染
He’d have an accident, get hurt, or develop a fungal infection.
有那么几个月我们每两周就要去看兽医
For months, we visited the vet every two weeks.
有一次他整个冬天都在兽医那里
Once he spent a whole winter at the vet.
那样不会花很多钱吗
Doesn’t that get expensive?
我想会 但是我们在兽医那里都先记账
I guess it does. But we all have running tabs at the vet.
社区里还有一些跟我们做一样事的
There’s a bunch of us in the neighborhood.
几乎每个兽医那里我们都有挂账
We have an open tab at pretty much every vet.
我们还会募捐一些钱来支付这些费用
We also collect donations which help with these expenses.
小费盒子里的钱都会用来帮助猫
Whatever is in our tip box goes to the cats.
乐天派有点儿像个小混混
Gamsiz is a bit of a thug.
他非常活跃 是街区的狠角色
He’s feisty, the tough guy of the neighborhood.
但如果你要晚上出门约会
But, if you wanted go out at night,
他就是那种你会选择的类型
he’s the one you’d want to go out with.
他就是那样的 他很有趣
He’s that guy. He’s fun.
他很喜欢街对面的拉辛
There’s Laçin across the street – he really likes her.
她跟我说
She’s told me that he
他会到她的窗边 要求进屋
comes to her window and demands to be let in.
或者从前门走进大楼
Or he’ll go up to the front door if he wants to enter the building.
她说有时他还会在那儿过夜
She says sometimes he even spends the night.
如果他想吃香肠 就会去找菲利兹
When he wants sausages, he goes to Filiz.
每个人能提供的东西都不同
Everyone offers something different…
但也有一些是猫们自己选择的
but there are also the people that cats choose for themselves.
乐天派的选择范围很广
Gamsiz has a wide range.
我是他生命里的主要人类
I’m the main human in his life
其他都是配角
others are supporting actors.
因为我在一楼
Because I’m on the first floor,
猫很容易就能爬上来
it’s easy for cats to come up here.
我家有很多猫咪访客
My place has many visitors
但我尽量不让他们进来
but I try not to let them in
因为我自己养着一只猫
because I have a cat of my own.
穆拉特不只照顾一只猫
Murat doesn’t take care of just one cat.
他照顾很多只而且熟知他们的性格
He cares for many and knows all their characters.
我在咖啡店遇到乐天派 他躺在沙发上
I met Gamsiz at the café, he was lying on the couch.
我要坐下时 他用爪子拍我
And when I tried to sit down, he smacked me.
我们就这样认识了
That’s how we met.
那之后我当然开始给他很多很多的爱
After that, I smothered him with love, of course.
他们马上就能感受到 知道吗
They take note of that immediately, you know.
他们记得你是不是跟他们建立了联♥系♥
They remember if you made a connection.
后来他来这里 刚开始我没让他进来
As a result, he came up here. At first I didn’t let him in.
但跟别的猫不一样 乐天派会侧着站
But unlike anyone else, Gamsiz stands sideways.
像这样
Like this.
举着一只爪子
A single paw in the air.
他好像是在这样敲门
He seems to be knocking like this.
他总是这样
He’s always like that.
然而所有其他的猫 包括我的猫
Whereas all other cats, including mine,
都是面对前方站
stand facing forward.
可他不管是到前面还是后面的窗户
But this guy, whether he comes up to the front or back window
总是摆着这个侧着的姿势
always has this sideways stance.
他特别喜欢用这个迷人的姿势
He strikes this charming pose.
还有那爪子 总是能引起你的注意
And with that paw, he somehow gets your attention.
如果你不理他 他反而会更执着
If you ignore him, he gets even more persistent.
特别是你正好在他想进来的地方
Especially if you’re right where he wants to come in
他会变得非常吵闹
he gets really rowdy
最后迫使你让他进来
and eventually forces you to let him in.
因此我特别佩服他
I respect him a lot because of that.
他非常特别的一点就是他总是志在必得
What’s really special about him is that he’s a go-getter.
一旦他下定决心做什么
Once he makes up his mind about something…
比如说他决定要进来 吃小夜的食物
let’s say he’s decided to come here and eat Gece’s food
那就是他今天的任务
that’s his mission for the day.
什么都不能阻止他
There’s no stopping him.
过来 小夜
Come, Gece!
好了 够了 大家都出去吧
OK, that’s enough. Everybody out.
阿黄是这个街区的新面孔
Ginger is new to the neighborhood.
最近我们才开始注意到他
We’ve only recently started seeing him.
但他已经决心要收服这个街区
But he’s really determined to take over the neighborhood.
他总是在为争地盘打架
He’s fighting over territory.
「我的街区」
“My hood.”
「也许我是新来的 不过我是猫中强者」
“I might be new here, but I’m a cat of strength.”
「我是猫中高手」
“I’m a cat of quality.”
「等着瞧 我会控制这个街区」
“You’ll see, I’ll gain control of this territory.”
这就是他的态度
That’s his attitude.
我一开始很崇拜猫
That’s what I first admired about cats…
就像崇拜蜘蛛侠或超人那样的超级英雄
the way I admired superheroes like Spiderman or Superman…
我相信猫也有超能力
I believed cats had superpowers too.
我一直对他们心生敬畏
I never stopped being in awe of them.
猫有九条命 还能四脚落地
Having nine lives, or being able to land on all four feet…
要是我们也能四脚落地多好
If only we could land on all fours.
我们双脚落地而且还像树枝一样易断
We land on two and they snap like twigs.
昨天我不得不提前离开
I had to leave early yesterday.
我很难过没有带来足够的食物
I was sad I couldn’t bring enough food.
晚饭都没有吃好
I couldn’t eat my dinner with a clear conscience.
一想到他们在这里饿肚子我就很难受
It’s overwhelming when I think of them back there.
我有很多朋友知道我来这里做的事
I have a lot of friends who know what I do here…
但他们不能理解我为什么要做这些
but they don’t understand why I take it upon myself.
他们觉得上帝会供养他们
They think God will provide for them.
我说 「当然 但我是中间人」
I say “Sure, but I’m the middleman.”
更何况 这比在咖啡厅打发时间要强
Besides, it’s better than spending my time at the café.
虽然他还很小 他更喜欢吃鱼
Even though he’s young, he prefers fish.
有一只有些眼部感染
One of them has an eye infection.
所以我要给他滴一些抗生素药水
So I have to give him antibiotic drops.
看过这么多次兽医后我们也学到不少
We’ve picked up a few things after so many trips to the vet.
我很清楚他们的状况
I know all of them.
我知道她妈妈 她阿姨 上下五代都熟悉
I know this one’s mother, her aunts, all five generations.
我记得她所有的家庭成员
I remember all her family members.
那只刚生了宝宝
The one that just gave birth…
她是这只的姐姐
she’s this one’s little sister.
冬天 他们栖身于那些石头下
During winter, they find shelter under those rocks.
依靠海水的热度存活下来
They stay alive with the warmth of the sea.
除此以外 他们无家可归
Other than that, they don’t have a home.
刚生过小猫的那只不在这呢
There’s one missing here. The one that just gave birth.
去看看能不能叫她出来
Let’s see if she’ll come when I call.
2002年时我的精神状况很糟糕
I had a nervous breakdown in 2002.
从那时起 我开始照顾他们
That’s when I got more involved with cats.
这使我得到治愈
Doing this cured me.
我当时非常低沉 非常迷茫
I was really caught up, I was really lost.
他们治愈了我
This truly is therapy.
我现在很幸福 这都得感谢他们
Now I’m happy, honestly. Thanks to them.
如果没有他们 什么药也治不好我
I wouldn’t be otherwise. No drug was able to save me.
他们都在这里等我 吃饭时间快到了
They’re all waiting for me here. Their feeding time is near.
我相信是照顾他们让我重获健康
I believe I got healthy again by taking care of them.
以前 我沉默又严肃
Before, I couldn’t talk or laugh.
但现在
But now…
这么说吧 他们让人重获爱的能力
let’s just say, they make you fall in love again.
当你注意到猫时 他也注意到你
Just as you notice the cat, the cat notices you.
这是相互的
It’s very mutual.
这种相互作用令人痴迷
I think that mesmerizes me a little, that it’s so reciprocal.
就像镜子
It’s like a mirror.
杜曼和斯莫基已经陪伴我们两年了
Duman – Smokey – has been with us for two years.
我猜他是被别人抛弃的
My guess is that he was kicked out of some place,
因为他出现的那晚
because the first night he showed up
我看到他走在街上
I saw him coming down the street
大声抱怨着
he was complaining very loudly.
他并不会像其他宠物猫那样
He won’t let himself be a pet like other cats.
他从不向我们的顾客讨食
He never harasses our customers for food.
渐渐地 我了解到他与其他猫的不同点
In time, I came to realize that he was different to other cats.
他很懂礼貌
He’s a cat with manners.
不管有多饿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!