You’ve been in the basement of the Louvre?
你去过卢浮宫的地下室?
Oh, yes.
去过
I was an art history major at Vassar.
我在大学主修美术史
And so, what’s down there?
那儿有什么?
Well, that’s where the real show begins.
真正的艺术品
Unspoiled by dilettante.
没被外行人破坏
DaVinci, Michelangelo, David, Chardin.
达文西 米开朗基罗 夏丹
Allow me to assist you, Patrice. Oh, let me light that for you, Monica.
让我来帮你 碧翠 我帮你点烟 莫尼卡
What, this? This is my family crest.
这是我的家族徽章
Been in the family for
代代相传
Oh, in the basement?What do they have in the basement? Why, the works of
地下室? 地下室有什么? 都是
da Vinci, Michelangelo, Chardin, David
达文西 米开朗基罗 夏丹的作品
all surrounded by great coral sponges to absorb the moisture.
到处都有海绵吸收湿气
Just for the record, I was working it.
拜托 我很神 我都搞定了
I was in the zone and I would have gotten her number
我就快拿到她的号♥码了
if you hadn’t turned the evening into a guided tour of the Louvre.
你却把今晚变成罗浮宫导览
My apologies.
很抱歉
Let’s get one thing straight. Patrice, she thought you were cute
你要搞清楚 碧翠觉得你很帅
probably gay and cute.
她也觉得你是同志
And cute, Leo, that’s the kiss of death.
那是你的致命伤
Perhaps.
也许吧
Perhaps? Certainly.
也许? 那是一定要的啦
I believe this is her number.
这是她的号♥码
As I see it, Patrice has not an inkling of your affections. And it’s no wonder.
在我看来 碧翠不知道你喜欢她 而且毫无疑问的
You, Charles, are a merry-andrew.
查理 你是个丑角
A what?
什么?
Everything plays a farce to you.Women respond to sincerity.
别一直搞笑 女人不吃这一套
This requires pulling one’s tongue from one’s cheek.
她们喜欢有诚意的男人
No one wants to be romanced by a buffoon.
没有人想跟小丑约会
Now, that number rings her.
这是她的电♥话♥号♥码
Yes.

So ring her tomorrow.
明天打给她
I can’t. She gave the number to you.
不行 这是她给你的
Only because I told her of your affections.
我跟她说你喜欢她
Wha…What did you say?
你怎么说?
Merely that you admired her but you were hesitant to make an overture
你很仰慕她却不敢向她表白
since you’ll been told she was courting another.
因为你听说她有别的追求者
Shit. That’s good!
棒呆了
Wha…What did she say?
她怎么说?
She handed me the napkin.
她把纸巾递给我
Charles, it’s quite late.
现在太晚了
No, no, no, she won’t be home yet.I get her machine,
她还没到家 我要先留言
I leave a message ball’s in her court.
把球发给她
You’re ladling calculation upon comedy.
这么做就太傻了
The point is, to keep the ball in your court.
你最好保留发球权
You’re right. You’re right.
你说的对
Okay. Nothing need be done till tomorrow.
好 今天什么也别做
Tomorrow. Then I make my move.
明天我就采取行动
An overture, Charles. Make your intentions known.
你要表白 向她表明♥心♥意
Think of pleasing her, not vexing her.
取悦她 不是骚扰她
No vexing.
不能骚扰她
You’re intoxicated. We should retire.
你醉了 回去休息吧
I’m sure Kate will be home.
凯特一定早就回家了
I doubt it.
才不会呢
But it’s nearly midnight.
就快午夜了
You like her, don’t you?
你喜欢她 对吧?
Who?
谁?
Kate.
凯特呀
You do!
你喜欢她
Oh, Charles, Charles.
别说了
You like my sister! Well, you made your intentions known, right? Right?
你喜欢我老姐 太明显了 是不是?
You’ve been drinking.
你喝多了
Leo, Commune right around the corner.
餐厅就在附近
We could stop in, you could give me a couple of pointers
你不如去示范给我看
pull out a chair or two you could throw out a gesture here or there.
教我几招该怎么当大情人
Yeah, see, it’s one thing with Patrice. You don’t give a shit.
你对碧翠没意思 才会那么轻松
It’s a whole other ball of wax when it’s a girl you like, huh?
碰到喜欢的女孩就完全不同
Yeah, who’s the merry-andrew now?
现在谁才是丑角?
You want to vex my sister!
你想泡我老姐
I have to confess that I’m a little bit confused.
我有点被搞混了
No. Thank you.
不 谢了
When you asked me to dinner tonight
我以为
I was under the impression that we were here to discuss…
你请我吃饭是想谈…
The merger.
并购案
Yes. Right. Yes.
没错
And a possible promotion. Yes.
还有升职的事
Yes, that, too.
对 没错
And, well, dinner is winding down and we haven’t really discussed
我们都快吃完了却还没聊到
anything even remotely relevant to what I thought we came here to
这顿饭应该谈的话题
I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you this flustered, Kate.
我没看过你这么紧张
You haven’t even kissed me yet.
你都还没亲我
Yeah. Right. Well
是呀
I like you, J.J., I do. I like you quite a bit.
我满喜欢你的 老实说
Um, as a matter of fact I think you would agree that a working
一个良好的工作关系
a successful working relationship requires a great deal of…
需要很多的…
What exactly is our working relationship?
我们到底是什么关系?
Hi, Kate!
凯特
Hi, Charlie. Well what are you doing here?
查理 你跑来干嘛?
We just thought we’ll come by to say hi. J.J., right?
我们只是过来打声招呼
Right.
你是JJ吧?
Kate. Might I have a word with you? Now?
凯特 我想跟你谈谈 现在?
I’m charlie, the actor.
我是查理 我是演员
In private.
私下谈谈
No! No.
不行
Mr. Margarine.
玛琪琳先生
Please please join us.
一起坐吧
And where did you say it is?
你说在哪儿?
In Sussex.
索塞克斯
Near Ballmour.
在博摩附近吗?
Yes.

Built in the 18th century.
18世纪兴建的?
Early 18th century.
18世纪早期
Really? Are you quite sure?
是吗? 你确定?
Yes.
确定
He’s got pictures, Leopold.
他还有照片
Perhaps you were swindled, because I can assure you
你一定被骗了
as of the late 19th century there’s nothing
因为到19世纪末
but farmland near Ballmour.
博摩附近全都是农田
You’re mistaken.
你搞错了
That’s not possible.
不可能
Well, it’s quite possible, Leopold,that you are mistaken.
你当然有可能搞错
No, it is not.the only manor house in the county.
博摩是当地唯一的庄宅
I know because I grew up there.
因为我在那儿长大
Leopold, it wasn’t
那不重要
Leo, do you enjoy opera?
你喜欢歌♥剧吗?
I do. And do you?
喜欢 你呢?
Oh, yes. It keeps keeps me alive.
没有歌♥剧我活不下去
Do you have a favorite?
你最喜欢哪一出?
Boheme. La Boheme.
波希米亚人
I’ve seen it 12 times.
我看过12遍
That’s that’s how I learned to speak French.
我靠它学会法语
You speak French?
你会说法语?
Fluently.
很流利
What did he say?
他说什么?
How sweet your face looks gently encircled by the soft moonlight.
你的脸庞 仿佛被月光轻轻覆盖
Oh, I like that.
我喜欢
From the opening scene of Boheme. A stunning duet.
来自波希米亚人的男女对唱
Andre sings it to Mimi.
安卓唱给咪♥咪♥听
Andre
安卓?
I invited Kate to the Met next week. She’s never been.
我邀请凯特 跟我一起去歌♥剧院

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!