Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢你 博士
Great. Let me introduce You to Prot.
让我替你们介绍波特
It’s a pleasure to meet you, Prot. I’m Dr. Becker.
幸会 波特 我是贝克博士
This is Dr. Flynn.
这是弗林博士
Drs. Patel and Hessler.
派德博士跟贺索博士
Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor.
博士 博士 博士 博士
How many doctors are there on this planet?
地球上到底有多少个博士
Cool!
真酷
Here, Prot. Have a seat.
这里 波特 请坐
“Have a seat.” Oh, shit!
请坐 哇 厉害
Feel at home?
有家的感觉?
We found your notes quite interesting, Prot,
你字条上的答案非常有趣
and we’d like to ask you some questions, if that’s all right.
我们想请教你几个问题
Be my guest.
随便问
Good. Then I’ll jump right in.
那我就切入正题了
Make sure you can swim.
确定你的话锋够犀利
Yes, well,
那好…
let’s start with this idea of light travel, shall we?
从光束旅行开始好了
What can you tell us about that?
关于这方面 你有什么要说的
Absolutely nothing.
什么都没有
If I told you, you’d blow yourselves up.
说出来 你们会炸死自己
Or worse, someone else.
甚至炸死别人
You’d be surprised how much energy is in a beam of light.
光束包含的能量大到让你吃惊
Well, then,
那好
maybe you could show us how this light travel works.
也许你可以表演一下 你所谓的光束旅行
You mean a demonstration.
你希望我示范
That would be… fine.
可以的话
Adios. Aloha.
再见 欢迎
Well, when are you gonna…
你什么时候开始…
I’m already back.
我已经回来了
See, where I come from, Prot,
在我家乡
that’s called “the fastest gun in the West” routine.
这叫迅雷不及掩耳
Well, I don’t come from where you come from, Dr. Becker.
我不是来自你的家乡
Prot, you’ve indicated in your notes that your planet K-PAX…
你在字条上表示K派克斯
orbits around the twin stars of Agape and Satori, near the constellation Lyra.
靠近天琴座 环绕双子星的轨道运行
Well, frankly, we’re a bit mystified…
老实说 我们觉得奇怪
as to how you gained knowledge there’s such a planetary system around these stars.
你是怎么得到这方面的资料的
Professor, where I come from, that’s common knowledge.
在我家乡 那是常识
This was taken from the Hubble.
这是哈勃望远镜拍摄到的照片
We’ve computer enhanced it, based on Dr. Patel’s readings…
我们根据从智利 夏威夷 望远镜取得的数据
from telescopes in Chile and Hawaii.
用电脑加以放大
It’s the clearest picture we have of where you come from.
是我们手上最清晰的K派克斯照片
What we’d like is if you could diagram on the light pad…
你可不可以在光板上
the orbital pattern that your planet takes through this system.
画下你星球的运行轨道
My pleasure.
很乐意
I think that’s right.
大概是这样
Steven, could you input that?
史蒂夫 麻烦你输入进去
Already on it.
正在输入
Wh-What’s going on?
怎么回事?
I take it my calculations help explain the “protabations” You’ve been seeing…
双子星自转模式所出现的摄动
in the rotation pattern of your binary star,
你们大概一直百思不得其解
but have been unable to explain until…
我想我的计算应该解答了
this moment.
你们的疑问
How…
你…
How could you know this?
你怎么可能知道?
How could you…
你怎么…
Every K-PAXian knows this.
每一个K派克斯人都知道
Just as every child on Earth knows…
就像地球上每一个小孩都知道
that your planet revolves around your sun.
地球环绕着太阳运转
It’s common knowledge. Isn’t it?
那不是常识吗?
What, um, what happened in there?
到底怎么回事?
I mean, you…
我是说 你…
He could be a savant.
他可能是个专家
There-There are savants who have painted flawless copies of Rembrandt,
有些专家能模仿伦布兰特的画
who couldn’t…
却无法…
who couldn’t remember their own names.
却无法记住自己的名字
You don’t believe him, Steve.
你不是相信他吧?
I don’t know what I believe, Mark,
我不知道要相信什么
but I know what I saw.
我只知道我看到什么
I moved. I moved. It’s your move.
我走过了 轮到你
Bluebird.
青鸟
Bluebird.
青鸟
You just wait till next game. Bluebird.
不然再玩一盘 青鸟
Bluebird!
青鸟
Bluebird!
青鸟
Bluebird! Bluebird! Bluebird!
青鸟 青鸟 青鸟
Howie! Bluebird! Bluebird!
豪伊 青鸟 青鸟
Bluebird! Bluebird! Bluebird!
青鸟 青鸟…
Howie. Bluebird. Bluebird. Bluebird.
豪伊 青鸟 青鸟
Okay. Okay. Bluebird!
好 好 青鸟
Where’s the bluebird?
青鸟在哪儿?
Look, bluebird! Bluebird! Bluebird!
你看 青鸟 青鸟…
Oh, my God.
我的天
Bluebird! Bluebird!
青鸟 青鸟…
Howie! Howie, get back here!
豪伊 回来
Bluebird! Bluebird! Bluebird!
青鸟 青鸟 青鸟
Do bluebirds bite, Sal?
赛尔 青鸟会不会咬人?
Nah, they don’t bite, stinkhead.
不会 它们不会咬人 臭头
Hey, Bess, it’s a bluebird.
贝丝 有一只青鸟
Shit!
他妈的
Disturbance on two.
二楼发生骚动
It’s the bluebird! Bluebird! Bluebird!
是一只青鸟 青鸟 青鸟
Bluebird! Bluebird!
青鸟 青鸟
Bluebird! Bluebird!
青鸟 青鸟
It’s mass hysteria.
集体歇斯底里
Betty! Betty, what the hell is going on here?
贝蒂 到底发生什么事
Come here! Come here!
过来 过来
Dr. Powell, come and see!
鲍威尔医生 过来看
You see it? Do you see it?
你有没有看到?
Lookit! Lookit! Lookit!
你看 你看
What’s going on here, Dr. Powell?
发生什么事? 鲍威尔医生
What on Earth is out there?
外面有什么?
Just a bluejay.
有一只蓝知更鸟
A bluejay?
蓝知更鸟?
A bluejay.
一只蓝知更鸟
Off the chair. Everybody, get off the chairs.
下来 快从椅子上下来
Mrs. Archer… come out of her room.
阿彻太太从她房♥间出来了
Bluebird?
青鸟?
It’s a bluebird?
是一只青鸟?
Come on over here.
过来
I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
You’re the bluebird.
你就是青鸟
Good night, Bess.
晚安 贝丝
And how are we today?
你今天好吗?
Oh, just fine.
我很好
That’s good, Maria.
那就好 玛丽亚
My man.
兄弟
Excuse me. Mm-hmm.
失陪一下
About that light travel thing.
关于那个光束旅行
I was wondering if maybe You could show me how to do that.
我在想你可不可以教我
I put up with the stinkin this place for ten years.
我忍♥受这里的臭味忍♥了十年
I wanna get out, if you know what I mean.
我想走 你明不明白
I used to be the doorman at The Plaza.
我以前在广场酒店看门
F-Fifteen years. That’s when I started to notice it.
看了十五年 我才开始注意到
Notice what? The smell.
注意到什么? 臭味
They all stank.
他们都很臭
I-I tried to tell ’em, but, uh,
我试着告诉他们…
they put me here.
结果被送了进来
And, um, and-and…
而且…
And this-this place smells worse than all.
最臭的地方是这里