Okay, kids. Let’s go. The hot dogs are ready.
小朋友 别玩了 热狗好喽
Hey. Where were you just now?
你在想什么?
Come on. Okay.
来吧 好
Hey, kids, come on. Wash up.
小朋友 别玩了 去洗手
Josh. Now come on, quit teasing the dog.
贾许 别老逗那只狗
Josh, let’s go. Settle down now.
听到没 别闹了
Here we are.
来啦
Oh, park that right here.
放在这里
Boy, that looks terrific. That looks great.
看起来好香 看起来真棒
Steve, how was, uh, how was your trip up from Princeton?
从普林斯顿开上来 交通怎样
Not too bad.
还可以
We even stopped by to see Michael.
我们顺便去看迈克尔
Oh, that was nice of you, Sis.
麻烦你们了 妹妹
Quite a detour for you guys.
绕那么一大段路
Well, it was his birthday.
刚好是他生日
I know it was his birthday.
我知道他过生日
I sent him a card and a nice, uh,
我照例寄了一张卡片…
a nice, big check as usual.
和一张支票过去
It wouldn’t kill you to pick up the phone every once in a while…
偶尔打通电♥话♥给你儿子
and talk to your own son.
不是那么难吧
Thank you, Abby. You wanna pass the potato salad, please?
谢了 麻烦把马铃薯沙拉给我
There you go.
你的沙拉
By the way, I put him through Dartmouth.
是我供他上的大学
He knows how to pick up a phone too.
他为什么不打给我
I’m thinking of inviting him for Christmas. Oh, great.
我想请他来过圣诞节 太好了
He spends Christmas with his mother.
他圣诞节要跟他妈过
He won’t come here.
他不会来的
How do you know? When was the last time you asked him?
你怎么知道 你什么时候问过他了?
Am I on the couch here, or what?
我变成病人了
You want a beer?
要不要啤酒?
Please and thank you.
麻烦你
You want some more?
还要吗?
Can I have corn, darling?
亲爱的 给我一根玉米
Steve, I, uh,
史蒂夫 我…
I have a rather unusual favor to ask you.
我想请你帮个忙
What can I do you for, Dr. “P”?
帮什么忙? 鲍威尔医生
Well, I have a patient.
我有个病人
Sit down. I have this patient, who, uh,
坐 这个病人他…
seems to know quite a bit about your field.
对你那行非常有研究
A patient who’s an astronomer?
你的病人是天文学家?
So, tell me about this patient of yours.
他是个怎样的人
Well, he, uh, he claims to come from a planet he calls K-PAX.
他自称 来自一个 叫K派克斯的星球
What kind of name is that? K-PAX?
好奇怪的名字 K派克斯?
He says it’s a thousand light-years away, near the constellation Lyra.
说是在天琴座附近 距离地球一千光年
Uh-huh. Bighead? Green? About this high?
大头 绿皮肤 大概这么高
Yeah, I think I know the guy.
我想我认识他
No, he’s, uh, he’s very convincing.
不 他说得煞有介事
I mean, of course, he’s, uh, he’s human.
当然 他是人类
It’s just that he’s, um,
只是他…
well, he’s-he’s the most convincing delusional I’ve ever come across.
是我碰过最有说服力 的妄想症病人
If I can prove to him that this K-PAX is just a figment of his imagination,
要是我能向他证明 K派克斯根本不存在
then maybe I can find out who he really is.
也许我就能查出他真正的身份
Well, sure. I can give you a whole list of questions to ask your fella.
我可以列出一些问题让他回答
Wonderful.
好极了
All his books and papers and everything…
他的书和报纸
are spread all over the desk like always, but he’s just sitting there.
照样摊在桌上 他只是呆坐着
Someone change his medication?
有人改了他的药
I gave him his usual, Anafronil, 250 milligrams.
我还是给他 二百五十毫克的镇定剂
Hmm. Well, something’s wrong with him.
他不太对劲
An obsessive-compulsive doesn’t just sit there looking out the window.
强迫性精神病患 不会呆坐看着窗外
Howie?
豪伊?
Good morning, Dr. Powell.
早上好 鲍威尔医生
Good morning. But are you looking for something?
早啊 你…在找什么
Bluebird.
青鸟
The bluebird?
青鸟?
The bluebird of happiness.
象征幸福的青鸟
Prot told me to find the bluebird of happiness.
波特叫我找幸福的青鸟
Prot told you.
波特叫你找的
It’s a task.
是一项任务
The first of three.
三项任务之一
I don’t know what the other two are yet.
我不知道其他两项是什么
He’ll tell me.
他会告诉我
If I complete all three,
如果完成三项任务
I’ll be cured.
我的病就会好
There. Maintain your breathing.
好 继续呼吸
That’s it. Now you see?
对了 你看
There are none of these ammonia particles that you’re so worried about.
哪有什么阿摩尼亚微粒
In the first place, I would be able to see them. And I don’t.
如果有我肯定是第一个看到的 可是我没有
Ringed monkey, 7:00.
飞猴出现 七点钟方向
Take a bath. Take a bath.
洗澡 洗澡
Ernie, could you excuse us for a moment, please?
恩尼 我有事找他谈
Good to, uh, see you outside, Ernie.
你出来我很高兴
Thank you. Oh, Ernie, you stink.
谢谢 恩尼 你好臭
Prot, it’s one thing to take an interest in your fellow patients.
波特 关心病人是一回事
It’s quite another to make them think that you can cure them.
说你能治好他们是另外一回事
You seem overly upset, Mark.
你太紧张了
To borrow a phrase from Navarro, You need to chill.
套句纳罗的话 放轻松
For your information, all beings have the capacity to cure themselves, Mark.
凡是生物都有治愈自我的能力
This is something we’ve known on K-PAX for millions of years.
K派克斯人几百万年前就知道了
Listen to me. On this planet,
听我说 在地球上
I’m a doctor, you’re a patient.
我是医生 你是病人
Doctor. Patient. Curious human distinction.
医生 病人 奇怪的区别
It’s not your job to cure Howie. Or Ernie,
治好豪伊 恩尼
or Maria or anyone else. It’s mine.
玛丽亚 还有其他人 是我的工作
Then why haven’t You cured them yet?
那你为什么还没治好他们呢?
Oh, by the way, here are the answers to the questions you asked me.
还有 我回答了你给我的问题
I hope they meet Your satisfaction.
希望你满意
I don’t know what to say, Mark.
我不知道要说什么
I mean, this is… this is pretty wild stuff.
这实在是…太夸张了
Gibberish, huh? Well, not exactly.
他乱答一通? 不算乱答
I mean, see,
我是说…
Your patient indicates his planet, K-PAX,
你的病人说他的星球K派克斯
orbitingan eclipsing binary star system… Agape and Satori.
环绕着双子星系的轨道运行
Yeah.
对
Near the Constellation Lyra.
靠近天琴座
He could have looked that up, right?
这可以从书上查到 对不对
That’s the funny thing, Mark. Not really.
怪就怪在不可以
I mean, except for my boss, Duncan Flynn,
我是说 除了我的上司 邓肯弗林
one of the foremost astrophysicists in the world…
他是全球首屈一指的天文学家
and maybe two or three of his colleagues,
还有他两 三位同事之外
nobody knows much about the possibility of planets in this star system yet.
就没人了解这方面的事了
It hasn’t even been reported in any journals.
期刊上面也没报导过
Tell me, honestly,
老实告诉我
did Duncan put you up to this?
邓肯是不是在搞鬼
You know… You know, like a joke?
叫你来…跟我开玩笑
No. It’s no joke, Steve.
绝对不是开玩笑
Uh, tell me,
告诉我
do you know of any missing astrophysicists?
是不是有什么 天体物理学家失踪了
Can’t say I do.
应该没有
But there’s one or two around here who’d sure like to meet this fella of yours.
不过有几位专家想见你的病人
Thanks a lot, Steve. I sure appreciate it.
史蒂夫 谢谢你帮忙
But unlike you humans, the reproductive process…
可是不像你们人类
is an unpleasant one for us. Start again.
我们生殖的过程并不愉快
What way is it unpleasant?
为什么不愉快?
It’s a pain…
是一种痛苦
Good. Not too fast. Okay.
好 不要太快 好
So, this is Your neighborhood, huh?
这就是你住的地方
Hello, gentlemen. Sure appreciate you meeting with us.
谢谢各位抽空跟我们见面
Thank you, Dr. Powell.
欢迎
We’d like to get to the bottom of this just as much as you.
我们和你一样 想把事情弄清楚