你可以告诉她
Well, you can tell her it’s because
是因为约翰尼·D.没有杀她的女儿
Johnny D. Didn’t kill her daughter.
真正的凶手
And whoever did
并没有被绳之以法
is still out there somewhere.
我知道你一定特别希望证明
I know how desperate you must be
你对于我们的猜测是正确的
to fulfill your fantasy of who we are down here.
我们就是南方腐♥败♥的种族主义者
Just a bunch of corrupt Southern racists
诬陷黑人们谋杀
framing niggers for murder.
你就是来拯救世界的
And you here to save the day.
你想要相信什么随便你
Well, hell, you can believe that if you want to,
但我知道 那个女孩就是约翰尼·D.杀的
but I know that Johnny D. Killed that girl,
而且他一定会受到惩罚
and he’s gonna answer for it.
你是如何知道的呢 你连直接证据都没有
And how do you know that? You have no hard evidence.
你的整个案件都是基于
You based your entire case
一个被起诉的重刑犯的证词
on the word of an indicted felon,
他的动机很大
who had every incentive
你想听什么他都会告诉你
to tell you what you wanted to hear.
拉尔夫·迈尔斯是自愿作证的
Ralph Myers testified on his own accord.
但这并说不通
And it made no sense.
他说的话都是自相矛盾的
He couldn’t finish a sentence without contradicting himself.
针对达内尔 休斯顿的指控也是毫无依据的
Now, the charges against Darnell Houston are baseless.
在法庭上根本站不住脚
They’ll never stand up in court.
应该被即刻撤销
They should be dropped immediately.
好吧
Okay.
你有问题吗 汤米
Is that okay with you, Tommy?
没问题
Sure.
这事完全不重要
Well, it doesn’t really matter,
因为法庭已经驳回了你重审此案的请求
now the court denied your motion to reopen the case.
等等 什么
Wait, what was that?
你没收到传票吗
Oh, you didn’t get the order?
法官现在在莫比尔呢
Well, the judge is down in Mobile now,
而且有时候邮寄会出问题
so, you know, sometimes they have mail issues.
你去告诉休斯顿先生
Listen, you can tell Mr. Houston
对他的指控已经撤销了
the charges against him are being dropped.
我能做的就是这么多了
I can do that much for y’all,
但其他的问题得在上诉时提出来
but anything else will have to be raised on appeal.
谢谢你来一趟 律师
Thanks for stopping by, Counselor.
什么事吗 警官
Something wrong, Officer?
下车
Step out of the vehicle.
我不明白 我没有超速
I don’t understand. I wasn’t speeding.
我说让你下车
I said step out of the vehicle.
我可以下车
I’ll get out of the car,
但你得告诉我你为什么拦住我
but first can you tell me why you stopped me?
-赶紧他妈的滚下来 -等等
– Get out of the goddamn car! – Whoa!
等等 好的 好 马上下
Whoa, whoa. Okay, okay. Hold on.
-快点 -好的
– Come on! – Okay.
好 我解一下安全带
Okay. I’m taking off my seat belt.
出来 快点
Get it! Come on!
好的 我在开门了
Okay. I’m opening up the door.
-我出来了 -快点
– I’m stepping out. – Faster!
-快点 -好吧 我手里什么也没有
– Come on! – Okay. I have nothing in my hands.
-转过去 -是的
– Turn around! – Yes.
-好的 好的 -手放车上
– Okay. Okay. – Hands on the car!
你没必要拿枪指着我
You don’t have to have the gun pointed at me.
我对你没任何威胁
I’m not a threat.
小子 闭上你的臭嘴
Shut your damn mouth, boy.
哥们 听我说
Hey, brother…
脑袋被抢顶着的时候
you ought to be careful with your words
说话可得小心点
when you got a gun at your head.
约翰 走吧
Let’s go, John.
你们为什么拦我
Why did you stop me?
让你走了
We’re letting you go.
你就庆幸吧
You should be happy.
即使他们撤了指控
Even if they drop them charges,
达内尔经过这一遭
Darnell ain’t gonna testify
也不可能再出来作证了
after what they done done to him.
我知道这对咱们是当头一棒 的确是
I know we took a big hit. We did.
-但我们得继续收集证据 -不可能的
– But we just need to gather more evidence – No, no.
-来准备另一个计划 -他们会阻止的
– for another motion. – They gonna block it.
他们会阻止的 如果他们让我
They gonna block it. If they can put me
连续一年不受审
on the row for a year without no trial,
他们就能为所欲为了
they can do whatever they wanna do.
他们在审判前就把你送进死牢了吗
They put you on death row before your trial?

Yeah.
警长亲自把我送去的
Sheriff drove me himself.
他说 “要么坦白交代”
Said, “I’m gonna give you a little taste of what it’s like
“要么我给你点颜色看看”
unless you confess.”
你为什么现在才告诉我这些
Why are you just now telling me this?
这里都是这样的
This is how it is down here.
从我记事起就这样了
Been like this long as I can remember.
他们把你耍了 是吧
They messing with you, ain’t they?
是啊 他们确实没让我好过
Yeah, they are. They’re not making it easy on me.
不过我倒有个主意
I got a plan for you, though.
洗耳恭听
I’m all ears.
我是这么盘算的
Here’s what I think we should do.
我觉得你得再培养个律师
I think you should train up another lawyer,
万一你完蛋了
’cause I’m gonna need somebody
好有别人接着替我辩护啊
just in case they take you out.
这样吗
It’s like that?
就是这样 就这样
Like that. It’s like that.
我还以为你是我朋友呢
Thought I had a friend.
这里可毫无朋友可言
Ain’t no friends in here.
-世态炎凉啊 -是啊
– Cold world. – Yeah.
那么 咱们失去了达内尔
So, we ain’t got Darnell.
下一步怎么办
What’s the next move?
我们应该找拉尔夫·迈尔斯谈谈
I think we should talk to Ralph Myers.
-沃特 -不
– Walter… – No.
先听我说两句
Just listen to me for a second.
我知道这很冒险
I know it’s risky,
可唯一能搞清他知道什么的法子
but the only way to find out what he really knows
就是让他自己开口
is for me to get him talking.
我知道他知道什么
I know what he know.
你可知他对我做了什么
You know what that man did to me?
拿我的命
Took my life away from me…
换他自己的命
to save his own ass.
他开口说的只有谎言
All he gonna give you is lies.
我一定会小心的
I promise I’m gonna be careful.
过来排队
Get in line.
迈尔斯先生
Mr. Myers.
你是鲍比吗
You Bobby?
我是布赖恩
I’m Bryan.
等会儿再来这套吧
Maybe later.
好吧 你要坐下吗
Okay. Do you wanna sit down?
你能先去给我买♥♥个饮料吗
You gonna buy me a Coke first?
还是说你要让我
Or you gonna make me stare
一直眼巴巴地盯着售货机
at them vending machines all day?
行 你想要什么
Sure. What do you want?
新奇士橙汁
Sunkist orange.

Okay.
再来点水果软糖 要是还有卖♥♥的
And some Jujyfruits, if they got ’em.
迈尔斯先生 很感谢你能见我
I just want to say thanks for meeting me, Mr. Myers.
我们可以从
Can we start by talking about
你对约翰尼·D.的证词开始谈起吗
your testimony against Johnny D.?
不能
No.
我不想谈他
I ain’t talking about him.
可他是我来此的唯一原因
That’s the only reason why I’m here.
你要是不乐意 那就走吧
You don’t like it, leave.
别这么沮丧
Don’t look so sad.
咱们可以聊点别的呀
We can talk about other things.
我喜欢聊天
I love to talk.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!