我们得努力让他听我们的意见
We’re gonna have to try and make him.
我今晚就开始行动
I’ll get started on the motion tonight.
-喂 -好的
– Hello? – Okay.
妈妈 找你的
It’s for you, Mom.
谢谢亲爱的 喂
Oh, thank you, sweetie. Hello?
你是和那个黑人律师工作的贱♥人♥吗
You the bitch working for that nigger lawyer?
你是谁
Who the hell is this?
有人在你家下面埋了炸♥弹♥
The guy who put the bomb under your house,
如果你还坚持帮那个黑鬼约翰尼·D.的话
gonna blow your family all to hell,
你和你家人等着被炸飞吧
if you don’t stop working for that nigger Johnny D.
所有人 快出去
Everybody, out of the house.
-怎么了 -外面说
– What’s going on? – I’ll tell you outside.
他们什么都没找到
They didn’t find anything.
确定吗
And they’re sure?
他们说他们确定
They said they’re sure.
他们检查过地下室吗 像你说的那样
They checked the basement, too, like you said?
他们说已经检查过了
Said they checked the basement.
好的
Okay.
好了 我们可以撤了
All right, we’re gonna move on now.
好了 宝贝 上♥床♥睡觉了
Okay, baby, let’s get you to bed.
走了
Yo, come on.
你让我和你一起做这事的时候
When you asked me to do this thing with you…
我知道我会失去朋友
I knew that I’d lose some friends.
会有人诋毁我 背着我
Have people talk shit behind my back,
或者当面说
or to my face.
我不需要人们喜欢我
I don’t need people to like me,
只要我所做的事是正确的
as long as I’m doing what I’m supposed to do.
但是威胁我的家人
But threatening my family…
伊娃 我绝对不会怪你的
Eva, you know I’d… I’d never blame you
如果你决定不做了
if you needed to stop.
我不希望我的儿子长大后得知
I don’t want my son growing up knowing that
他的妈妈因为害怕疯狂分子
his mom stopped doing what was right
就不去做正确的事情了
just because she was scared of some crazy bigot.
好吗
Okay?
麦克米利安的事我们怎么办
What are we gonna do about McMillian?
我们从零开始重新调查
We start the investigation from scratch.
找找看这里有没有愿意谈论这件事的
Find anyone in town who’s willing to talk.
也许人们意识到我们的魅力之后
Maybe people will stop trying to kill us
就不想杀掉我们了
once they realize how charming we are.
关于隆达·莫里森的谋杀案
I just wanted to ask you a couple questions
可以问您几个问题吗
about the Ronda Morrison murder.
这只是
It’s just, uh…
几年前在隆达·莫里森案件庭审中
You were on the witness list
你是证人之一吧
for the Ronda Morrison trial a few years back.
不好意思 帮不到你
Sorry. Can’t help you with that.
你有什么事情
Is there anything, anything at all that you feel
-方便说吗 -听着
– comfortable talking about… – You know, look…
如果你不是为了帮助那个可怜女孩的家人的
if you are not working for that poor girl’s family,
我就没什么好说的
then I ain’t got nothing to say to you.
不好意思
Sorry, sweetie.
伊克纳警官
Officer Ikner?
我不是警♥察♥了
I ain’t no officer no more.
我是约翰尼·D. 麦克米利安的代理律师
I’m a lawyer representing Johnny D. McMillian.
我了解到您是首先到达谋杀现场的警官
I understand you were the first officer on the scene.
我说对了
I was right.
炸鱼日是11月1日 星期六
The Fish Fry was on Saturday, November 1st.
与谋杀是同一天
The same day as the murder.
11月1日炸鱼日全天 为教堂捐赠5元钱吧
他们把这个贴的到处都是
They put these up all over town.
我可真想亲你 黛比
I could kiss you, Deb.
我们打算把事情做大
We’re planning to grow this into something
让整个国家都在谈论这件事
the whole country will be talking about.
你可以说 这是从你的房♥子里起步的
And you can say that it all started in your building.
你究竟是做什么工作的
What exactly kind of work do you do?
我们就是帮助别人
We’re just helping people.
Equal Justice Initiative
看着不错 完美
It looks good. It’s perfect.
我的客户 赫布特 理查德森
My client, Herbert Richardson,
因为在越战战场拆解了炸♥弹♥
was recommended for a Medal of Valor
而被授予了勇敢勋章
for disarming a bomb in Vietnam.
我们得到消息
We got a tip that
你的一些员工可以为他的不在场证明作证
a few of your employees could back his alibi.
维维安·克拉克是在你们机构
Vivian Clark was one of the teenagers
收到性侵害的孩子之一
who were sexually abused at your facility.
不 我不是律师
No, I’m not an attorney.
但我向你保证 我们会好好对待你儿子
But I promise you, your son is in very good hands.
我们会通知你的
We’ll let you know.
很高兴与您交谈
Good talking to you.
公平倡议 我是布兰达
Equal Justice Initiative. This is Brenda.
好的 马上
Yeah. Okay. Yes. Uh-huh. Just one moment.
达内尔 休斯顿找你
Darnell Houston.
喂 达内尔
Hello, Darnell?
等等 等等 慢点 慢点说
Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Slow down, slow down, slow down.
你在哪
Where are you?
-你还好吗 -不 先生 我不好
– Are you okay? – No, sir, I’m not.
达内尔 我们车上说 好吗
Okay, Darnell, let’s go talk in the car. Okay?
他们凭什么把我关起来诬陷我作伪证
How in the hell they locking me up for perjury,
我说的全是事实
if alls I did was say the truth, hmm?
我就知道不该签证词
I knew I shouldn’t have signed that paper, man.
我就不该听你的
Shouldn’t have listened to you.
不 他们对你做的完全是不合法的
No. What they did to you was completely illegal.
好吗 我要去和地检说
Okay? Now, I’m gonna talk to the DA
让他撤销对你的指控
and get all these charges dismissed.
再也不会发生这种事了
This will never happen again.
你怎么会知道啊
Well, how the hell do you know, hmm?
你又控制不了那些人
You can’t control these guys.
他们在我上班的时候逮捕的我
They arrested me in the middle of my shift,
当着我老板的面
in front of my boss.
我甚至都不确定 我的工作是不是还在
I don’t even know if I got a job tomorrow.
他们对约翰尼·D.做的事 我很心痛
I feel bad, what they doing to Johnny D…
但我也只是想要生存下去
but I’m just trying to survive.
我对抗不了他们 兄弟
I can’t fight these guys, man.
你还是去找别人吧
Go on and find somebody else.
听着 达内尔 想想约翰尼·D.
Listen, Darnell. Think about Johnny D, okay?
想想他的家人 他们需要你
Think about his family. They need you.
给我点时间让我处理掉这些事
Give me some time to work on this.
接我的车来了
That’s my ride.
告诉约翰尼·D. 我很抱歉
Tell Johnny D. I’m sorry.
我需要跟你谈谈
I need to speak with you.
嘿 布赖恩
Oh, hey, Bryan.
你见过泰特警长吗
Have you met Sheriff Tate?
是谁下的令逮捕我的证人
Who ordered the arrest of my witness?
人们在这个案子中作伪证的话
When people make false statements concerning this case,
他们是会被追究责任的
they’re gonna be held accountable.
没有证据的话
You can’t arrest someone for perjury
你不可以因为作伪证而逮捕他
without evidence that a false statement has been made.
等等 你现在也是休斯顿先生的律师吗
Hang on. Are you representing Mr. Houston now, too?
我是
Yes, I am.
他的证词与比尔 胡克斯的证词截完全冲突
His statement contradicts Bill Hooks’ entire testimony.
胡克斯并不是这案子的主要证人
Hooks ain’t the State’s main witness.
拉尔夫·迈尔斯才是
Ralph Myers is.
阿♥拉♥巴马第12-21-222号♥法案
Alabama Code 12-21-222
需要两人及以上的证词才能确认有效
requires corroboration of accomplice testimony.
所以如果没有胡克斯的证词
So, without Hooks,
定罪则是无效的
the conviction wouldn’t be valid.
我昨天
You know, I went down to see
去看望了隆达·莫里森的母亲
Ronda Morrison’s momma yesterday.
她以泪洗面啊
And she’s in tears.
一直问我 为什么一个从北方来的律师
She kept asking me why some lawyer from up north
会来到这里
would come down here
要让他们从地狱再走一遭
and make them relive all this hell again.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!