‘Cause the snitch cut a deal with the cops.
他们因入室盗窃把他关起来了
They had him locked up for burglary.
他给供词的那天 就被无罪释放了
And the day he give his statement, he walk out free.
所有指控都撤销了
All charges dropped.
我们告诉过其他律师
We told one of the other lawyers,
但他们什么也没做
and they ain’t do nothing about it.
你愿意签署一份可以在法庭上用的声明吗
Would you be willing to sign a statement we could use in court?
警♥察♥会看到我的名字吗
Police will see my name?
会记录在案的
It’d be on the record.
达内尔 像这样暴露自己并不容易
Darnell, exposing yourself like this is not easy.
但有了你的证词
But with your testimony,
我们就可以提出动议重开约翰尼·D的案子
we can file a motion to reopen Johnny D.’s case.
达内尔
Darnell,
我们需要你
we need you.
好吧
Okay, yeah.
好的 那就好了
Yeah, that’ll do it.
好了
All right.
早上好
Good morning.
谢谢你再次见我
Thanks for seeing me again.
我知道我们上次见面的时候
I know the last time we met,
事情没有像我想象的那样发展
things didn’t go quite the way I was…
真不敢相信你去见了我家人
I can’t believe you met my family.
开在那条土路上
Drove down that dirt road,
挤在那间小房♥子里
crammed up in that little house,
和我的人说话
talked to all my people,
说你会为我而战
say you gonna try to fight for me.
这对我意义重大
That mean a lot.
这也对我意义重大
It meant a lot to me, too.
米妮想让我把这个给你
Minnie wanted me to give this to you.
如果你不介意的话
And if you don’t mind,
我有东西想给你看看
I have something I wanna show you.
这是达内尔 休斯顿的声明
It’s a statement from Darnell Houston,
上面说凶案发生时
saying that he was with Bill Hooks
他和比尔 胡克斯在五公里之外的地方
three miles away at the time of the murder.
所以他不可能在那看到过你的卡车
So, there’s no way he could have seen your truck there.
这是好事 对吧
That’s good, right?
这很好
That’s very good.
我会把这个和重审的动议一起提交上去
I’m gonna submit this with a motion for a new trial.
我知道你和米妮聊过了
I know you talked to, uh, Minnie.
她告诉你我对她做的事了
She told you what I did to her.
出轨一个这么好的女人
I ain’t got no excuse for cheating on a woman
我找不到什么借口
good as that one, good as she been to me.
我不知道她为什么还在支持我
I don’t know why she’s standing by me.
她支持你是因为
She’s standing by you
她知道你不该在这
because she knows you shouldn’t be in here.
我也这么想
And so do I.
我知道你没有杀隆达·莫里森
I know you didn’t kill Ronda Morrison.
如果你愿意 我可以在法庭上帮你证明
And I can help you prove that in court if you’ll let me.
你见过我所有的家人了
You know, you done met my whole family.
你对他们了如指掌
You know everything about ’em.
但我对你一无所知
I don’t know nothing about you, though.
-你想知道什么 -我想知道一切
– What would you like to know? – I wanna know it all.
比如 你为什么要这么做
Like why you… Why you doing this?
-我为什么做律师吗 -不不不
– Why am I a lawyer? – No, no, no.
为什么你要在阿♥拉♥巴马州做律师
Why is you a lawyer down here in Alabama,
接这些没人给钱的案子
taking these cases that ain’t nobody gonna pay you for?
我也在一条和你一样的路上长大
I grew up down a road just like yours.
我和猪和小鸡一起
I played soccer in a dirt field
在泥巴地里踢足球
with the pigs and chickens.
以前在院子里抽污水
Used to pump sewage from my yard.
我十几岁时 我的爷爷被杀了
When I was a teenager, my grandfather was murdered
为了一台黑白电视
over a black-and-white TV.
我们一直在等着有人来帮忙
We kept waiting for someone to show up to help.
从没人来
They never did.
那一刻我才意识到
And that’s when I realized that,
在我的社区之外 没人在乎
outside my community, nobody cared.
对他们来说 他只是另一个黑人
‘Cause to them, he’s just another black man
做工程时死了
killed in the projects.
我知道生活在阴影中是什么感觉
I know what it’s like to be in the shadows.
所以我在做这些
That’s why I’m doing this.
这理由真不错
That’s a pretty good reason.
好吧
Okay.
好什么
Okay…
我们开工吧
Let’s get to work.

Okay.
嘿 约翰尼·D
Hey, yo, Johnny D.?
你和那个律师签约了吗
You signing up with that lawyer?
我要试一试
I’m gonna give him a try.
看来现在牢里的人都在和他合作
Seem like everybody on the row working with him now.
我觉得被冷落了
I’m starting to feel left out.
他真有那么厉害吗
Is he really that good?
希望如此
I hope so.
你觉得呢 赫布特
What you think, Herbert?
我该踹了我那个人 换成他吗
Should I just dump my guy and make the switch over?
赫布 你听到了吗
Herb, you hear me?
你在吗
You there?
我在这
I’m here.
赫布 你还好吗
Herb, you okay?
他们定了我的日子
They set my date.
听着 赫布 现在什么也别担心了
Look here, Herb, don’t you worry about nothing now.
一切都会好起来的 好吗
Everything gonna be a’ight. Okay?
还没结束呢
Ain’t nothing over yet.
布赖恩现在在帮你办事
You got Bryan working for you now.
我可不像你们
I ain’t… I ain’t like you guys.
我罪有应得
I deserve what’s coming.
好了好了 听着 赫布
All right, now, see, Herb…
你又在胡说八道了
there you go talking out your ass.
你为这个国家战斗过
Now, you fought for this country.
然后他们就像垃圾一样把你扔了
And they threw you in the bag like the trash.
是战争让你的脑子不正常的 老兄
That war made you sick in your head, man.
你该在医院待着
You supposed to be in the hospital.
不该在这
Not here.
我和抓我的警♥察♥说我是无辜的时候
When I told the cops that stopped me I was innocent,
你知道他们说了什么吗
do you know what they said?
“是你们其中一个黑鬼干的
“One of you niggers did it
就算不是你
and if it wasn’t you,
你也要帮你朋友担罪”
then you taking one for your homie.”
约翰尼·D的检察官说他知道是他杀了那女孩
Johnny D. prosecutor say he know he killed the girl,
是因为他立案照片上的样子
because of the way he looked in his mug shot.
你才没有比我们更罪有应得 赫布
You don’t deserve this shit more than any of us, Herb.
一个女孩因我而死
A girl is dead because of me.
就算这样 别人也无权杀你
That don’t give nobody the right to kill you back.
赫布特参加越战时才18岁
Herbert was 18 when he went to Vietnam.
他是一次伏击中的唯一幸存者
He was the only survivor in an ambush
那场伏击杀死了整个排的人
that killed his whole platoon.
阿♥拉♥巴马州 原告

赫布特 李 理查德森 被告
之后 他精神崩溃并企图自杀
After that, he had a mental breakdown, attempted suicide,
并被光荣地遣送回家
and was sent home on an honorable discharge.
回家后 他继续做噩梦 哭泣
Back at home, he continued to suffer from nightmares, crying fits,
跑出自己家
running out of his house,
向邻居大喊”敌人来了”
screaming “incoming” to his neighbors.
他的律师根本就没有向陪审团提到
His lawyer didn’t even mention military service,
他服兵役的经历 或是他的精神状况
or mental trauma to the jury.
庭审结束后几个月
A few months after the trial,
他因为行为不端而取消了律师资格
he was disbarred for misconduct.
当然会被取消
‘Course he was.
那我们能做什么
Okay, what can we do?
因为他已经上诉过了
Well, since he’s already been through the appeals process,
诉讼时效已经过了
the statute of limitations
这会让法官很难再听我们解释
is gonna make it hard for a judge to listen.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!