但我没想要杀任何人
but I didn’t mean to kill nobody.
我想他们应该就快要处决我了
I think they’re gonna set my execution soon.
上一个律师说
Last lawyer said
他也无能为力了
there ain’t nothing left to do.
不到最后一刻 就还有转机
There’s always something that we can do.
无论你做了什么 你的人生都意义非凡
Whatever you did, your life is still meaningful.
我会竭尽所能
And I’m gonna do everything possible
阻止他们抹煞你人生的意义
to keep them from taking it.
现在告诉我 到底发生了什么
Now, tell me everything that happened.
曾经法庭给我指派了一个律师
I was given a court-appointed lawyer,
他太卑鄙了
and he was pretty pitiful.
从没跟我讨论过辩护策略
Never really talked to me about setting up a defense.
我见了那家伙也就三次吧
I probably met the dude three times.
一点不夸张
Literally.
他说对我最有利的就是
He told me that it would be in my best interest
不要反驳所有的犯罪指控
to plead no contest to all of those charges.
我打算以无罪抗辩
I’m gonna plead not guilty.
我说了我没做过这些事
I said I didn’t do it.
这和我一点关系都没有
I didn’t have nothing to do with that.
“你现在20岁 认罪之后
“You’re 20 right now, if you take this plea
再老老实实服刑
and you do the whole time,
45岁就放出来了”
you’ll only be 45 when you get out.”
我的审判过程只持续了45分钟到1个小时
In the middle of my trial, which only lasted
这也是闻所未闻了
45 minutes to a hour, which is unheard of.
他不让我站在证人席上作证
He wouldn’t let me take the stand.
所以判决就是我有罪
So, they ended up finding me guilty.
法官嘲笑我 说
The judge laughed at me and said
“改过自新”是个老掉牙的笑话了
rehabilitation was a 70-year-old joke.
我的律师
My lawyer,
站在那里却一副事不关己的样子
he was there, but he wasn’t there.
好像我自己在为自己辩护
It was like I was by myself.
我的上一个律师 就坐在你坐的位置 说
Last lawyer I had, sitting where you sit, said,
“约翰尼·D 别担心
“Johnny D., don’t worry about nothing,
一切都会好起来的”
everything gonna be all right.”
然后他们判了我死刑
Then they put that death sentence on me.
家里花光了所有的钱
Family run out of money.
钱花光了 他也跑了
Money run out, he run out.
你又有什么不一样的
What you gonna do different?
我们要做的第一件事
Well, the first thing we could do
就是申请重审
is apply for a retrial.
我申请过 被驳回了
I already did that. They denied it.
你文件里能找到
It’s right there in your files.
好 我们可以再申请复议
Okay, then we can ask for a reconsideration on that.
再不行直接向刑事上诉法♥院♥上诉
Then a direct appeal to the Court of Criminal Appeals
想办法把案子送到州最高法♥院♥去
and work our way up to the State Supreme Court.
如果依然被驳回 可以根据第32条再申请
If we get denied there, we could file a Rule 32.
主要内容为课刑与判决
包括撤销或变更缓刑或监视释放
Rule 32是指美国联邦刑事诉讼程序规则32条
再是联邦人身保护令
Then a federal habeas petition.
人身保护令程序是联邦法♥院♥审查各州刑事程序的重要途径
主要适用于死刑案件
可视为死刑的复核程序
如果全都失败了 麦克米利安先生
And if all that fails, Mr. McMillian,
我们还可以把你的案子
we could take your case
想尽一切办法送到最高法♥院♥
all the way to the Supreme Court.
你不知道你来这儿干什么 是吧
You don’t know what you into down here, do you?
你以为单靠说这些漂亮话
You think all of them fancy words
就能让你在阿♥拉♥巴马州有所成就吗
gonna get you somewhere around here in Alabama?
这只会把你生吞活剥 再把残渣吐出来
All they gonna do is eat you alive and spit you out,
当你的表现超乎寻常 他们就会像对待
just like every other black man they do,
其他黑人那样对你
when they step out of line.
你来到这儿 西装革履
You coming around here with them fancy suits,
说得冠冕堂皇
talking all white,
这些人都他妈的不在乎
these people don’t give a damn about that.
他们想看到黑人穿的衣服
The only suit they wanna see a nigga in
就像我穿的一样
is the suit I got on.
麦克米利安先生 我知道这个过程很难
Mr. McMillian, I can see how that could be hard…
你不知道
No, you don’t!
你不知道 你压根不知道
No, you don’t. No, you don’t. No, you don’t.
你一个哈佛毕业的富家子
You a rich boy from Harvard,
你不知道这里都发生什么
you don’t know what it is down here.
当你从出生的那一刻起就心怀愧疚
When you’re guilty from the moment you born.
你能和白人有幸结识
And you can buddy up with these white folks
为他们提供娱乐
and make them laugh,
不管你做什么都是想让他们喜欢你
and try to make them like you, whatever that is,
你只说“好的 先生 不 女士”
and you say, “Yes, sir. No, ma’am.”
可轮到你的时候
But when it’s your turn,
没有指纹也可以
they ain’t got to have no fingerprints.
没有证据也可以
No evidence.
而他们唯一的证人也是编出来的
And the only witness they got made the whole thing up.
这些都不重要 此刻他们想的都是
Ain’t none of that matter, when all y’all think is,
我看上去就像
is I look like a man
是个杀人犯
who could kill somebody.
可我不是这么想的
But that’s not what I think.
你知道有多少人能从阿♥拉♥巴马州的死囚
You know how many people have been freed
牢房♥中被放出来吗
from Alabama death row?
一个都没有
None.
你凭什么觉得自己有本事改变这个局面
What make you think you gonna change that?
我也不会再傻呵呵地相信了
I ain’t doing this shit again.
-守卫 -麦克米利安先生
– Guard. – Mr. McMillian…
我们结束了
We done here.
麦克米利安先生 别走
Mr. McMillian, please.
我是来帮你的
I’m here to help.
啥事啊 约翰尼·D
What’s up, Johnny D.?
打个招呼啊
Say hello!
兄弟 最近咋样
How’s it going, my brother?
一切都好吗
How’d it go?
你是怎么满足他们的 操♥你♥妈♥的
How you treating them needs, motherfucker?
约翰尼·D
Johnny D.?
约翰尼·D 在吗
Johnny D., you there?
来一口吗 赫布
‘Sup, Herb?
雷在吗
Ray there?

Ray.
这一刻真是美妙极了
Unavailable at the moment.
你神游到哪了
Where you at?
白金汉宫 我正和女王喝茶呢
Buckingham Palace. I’m having tea with the Queen.
她是一位十分和蔼的女士
She’s a very nice lady.
喝完了我会告诉你的
I’ll let you know when we done.
约翰尼·D 你觉得那个律师怎么样
Hey, Johnny D., what you think of the lawyer?
我觉得他还是个孩子
I think he a kid.
太幼稚不知道自己在说什么
Don’t know what he’s talking about.
许下了一堆自己无法
Making all these promises
兑现的承诺
he ain’t gonna be able to keep.
我觉得他人挺好的
I thought he was nice.
他人好
Nice?
你要个好心的律师干嘛
The hell you want a nice lawyer for?
心地善良有个屁用
Nice ain’t gonna get you shit.
看看约翰尼·D
Look at Johnny D.
善良得像个小狗 可是却和我们关在一起
Nice as a puppy, yet he in here with us.
好吧 我没想到 雷
Well, I didn’t know
你居然觉得我像个小狗
you thought about me like that, Ray.
我是说你真的太善良了
I mean, just you nice and everything,
虽然你比不上拉托亚 杰克逊
you not as nice as La Toya Jackson,
拉托亚 杰克逊 美国摇滚音乐歌♥手
但在死囚牢房♥的老男人里 你是大好人
but for an old man on the row, you a’ight.
你不是说我算是一个善良的老男人吗
Hey, I thought you said I was the old man.
约翰尼·D是老男人 赫布是老古董
Well, Johnny D. Is old, Herb, you more ancient.
抱歉让你失望了
Sorry to tell you.
赫布 把音乐打开
Herb, turn that music up.
没问题
You got it.
好的 这里
All right. Here…
布赖恩
Bryan,
你昨晚睡了吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!