法官 法官 他不是在反抗
Judge! Judge! He’s not resisting.
约翰 他什么都没做
John! He ain’t do nothing.
别反抗了
Stop resisting.
听见我说话没 别让他们击垮了你
You hear me? Don’t you let them get you.
会没事的
It’s gonna be all right.
行了 我们回家
Come on. Let’s get you home.
拜托 别搞得很难看
Come on, man, don’t make this hard.
行了
Come on.
不 别这么做 麦克米利安 行了 进去
No. Don’t do this, McMillian. Come on. Go in.
约翰尼·D 行了
Johnny D., no! No!
约翰ny 行了
Johnny D., no!
约翰尼
Johnny…
放松 放松
Relax. Relax. Relax.
胳膊给我 给我
Give me your arm. Give me…
把他铐起来 铐起来
Get him cuffed! Get him cuffed.
放松
Relax.
干得好
Good job.
这是你
亲爱的米妮
没有人想要记得
Nobody wants to remember
这里是成千上万被迫为奴的人
that this is where thousands of enslaved people
被运抵 和沿街售卖♥♥的地方
were shipped in and paraded up the street to be sold.
而离这儿30里地的地方
Just ten miles from here,
黑人从自己家被拉出来 处以私刑
black people were pulled from their homes and lynched.
没人会谈这些事
Nobody talks about it.
而现在 这个来自特拉华的黑人男孩
And now this black boy from Delaware
走进他们的法庭
walks into their courtrooms
希望他们承认
and expects them to admit
他们判了一个无辜的黑人有罪
they convicted an innocent black man.
我承诺过整个社区
I promised that whole community
我要带着他回家
I was gonna bring him home.
然而我却把事情搞得更糟了
Then I just made things worse.
我听许多律师说
I’ve heard a lot of lawyers say
和自己的客户联♥系♥紧密并不好
it’s not a good idea to get close to your clients.
距离产生美
Distance is healthy.
但是与你共事让我知道了那就是扯淡
But working with you showed me that that’s bullshit.
你选择接近他们每一个人
You choose to get close to every one of them.
你爱他们就像他们是你的家人
And you love them like they are your family.
所以当你的家人受伤时 你也很难过
And when your family is hurting, you’re hurting.
我无法完全理解
There is no way that I could fully understand
你所经历的那些事
what it is that you’re going through.
但我相信
But I am pretty sure that
你对这个社区的意义比你想得要大得多
you mean a lot more to this community than you think.
沃尔特 我很抱歉
Walter, I’m so sorry.
被逮捕的那一天 我想着没什么大不了
Day I got arrested, I thought I was gonna be okay.
因为我知道真♥相♥
‘Cause I got the truth.
只要他们和跟我在一起的所有人谈过了
Soon as they talk to everybody that was with me,
他们就会放了我
they gonna have to let me go.
然后警♥察♥就一直叫你杀手
Then the police keep calling you a killer.
某些白人说 他看见是你干的
Some white dude say he saw you do it.
新闻上的人说是你干的
News people saying you did it.
法官和陪审团说 是你干的
Judge and jury saying you did it.
然后你在死囚牢房♥待了
Now you on the row…
两年 三年 四年
two, three, four years.
你的朋友和孩子
Your friends and your kids
不再像过去那样联♥系♥你
ain’t calling you like they used to.
再过一阵 你开始想
After a while, you start wondering
他们是怎么看你的
what they think about you.
你开始想 你怎么看你
You start wondering what you think about you.
真♥相♥已经不那么明晰了
The truth ain’t so clear no more.
但过去这几天
But these last few days,
我一直在想迈尔斯
I can’t stop thinking about Myers up there.
告诉大家是怎么到这地步的
Telling everybody how it went down.
这是我被关押以来
That’s the first time I feel like myself
第一次找回自我
since I’ve been locked up.
第一次 我记起来我是谁
The first time I remember who I is.
这些蠢货要做什么就做什么吧
These fools gonna do what they gonna do.
但是如果他们今天要带我去那把电椅
But if they take me to that chair tonight…
我要微笑着走出去
I’m going out smiling.
因为我寻回了关于自己的真♥相♥
‘Cause I got my truth back.
你把它交还给我了
You gave that to me.
交还给我和我的家人了
To me and my family.
而没有任何一个人能夺走它们
And ain’t nobody gonna take that from us.
你不会退缩的 对吧
You ain’t quitting, is you?
不会
No, sir.
那么 你就没有理由感到抱歉
Then there ain’t no reason for you to say you’re sorry.
我知道上场听证会很令人失望
I know how disappointing the last hearing was,
但那不是结局
but that’s not where this is gonna end.
我们正准备一项动议
We’re preparing a motion
要把我们的证据提交至
to submit our evidence
蒙哥马利的州最高法♥院♥
to the State Supreme Court in Montgomery.
他们有权推♥翻♥上一次审判
They have the power to reverse the last decision
迫使巡回法庭重新审判
and force the circuit court to give us a new trial.
你觉得他们会那么做吗
You think they’ll do that?
什么都没法保证
Nothing’s guaranteed.
但我不相信 一个郡外法庭
But I can’t see how an outside court
会忽略我们所拥有的证据
can ignore the evidence that we have.
然后呢
And then what?
就算他能出来
Even if he do get out,
除了我们的所有人也认为他有罪
everybody but us still gonna think he guilty.
就算他们在里面杀不了他
If they can’t kill him in there,
也可以让他在外面社会学死亡
they can still do it out here.
这个我们也考虑过了
We’ve been worried about that, too.
我们在努力 让真♥相♥大白天下
And we’re working on something to help get the truth out.
等你准备好我们就开始 布莱德利先生
We’re rolling. Whenever you’re ready, Mr. Bradley.
好的 布赖恩 你准备好了吗
Okay, Bryan, you ready?
好了
I am.
《60分钟》 美国著名电视新闻杂♥志♥节目
他的名字是沃尔特·麦克米利安
His name is Walter McMillian,
他的朋友叫他约翰尼·D
known to his friends as Johnny D.,
而他已经在阿♥拉♥巴马的霍尔曼监狱
and he’s been on death row in Alabama’s Holman prison
待了快六年
for almost six years.
陪审团相信他们抓对了人
A jury was convinced they got the right man.
但如果你听了这个故事 也许不这么认为
But you may not be after you watch this story.
被谋杀的职员
The clerk who was murdered…
嘿 大点声 我听不见了
Hey, hey, turn that up! I can’t hear it.
约翰尼·D说他们想处决的是错误的人
Johnny D. Says they want to execute the wrong man.
你没有杀死隆达·莫里森吗
You didn’t kill Ronda Morrison?
没有 先生 我这辈子就没见过隆达·莫里森
No, sir. I never seen Ronda Morrison a day in my life.
上帝知道我没有
God knows I ain’t.
谋杀当天 你有去过蒙罗维尔吗
Did you ever go into Monroeville on the day of the murder?
没有
No, sir.
你没去
You never went in…
没去蒙罗维尔 句号♥
Never went to Monroeville, period.
我告诉他们 我看见一个年轻女孩
I told them I had seen a young girl
张着嘴 躺在地板上
laying on the floor with her mouth open.
约翰尼·D站在她边上
Johnny D. Standing over her.
这是真的吗
Was it true?
不 绝不是 一点真的都没有
No, sir. Not at all. Nowhere near true.
如果麦克米利安的处决日定下来了
If an execution date is set for McMillian,
那一日来临
and that day comes,
他将走上电椅
and it’s time for him to go to the electric chair,
你会畅快吗
will you be comfortable?
会的
Yes.
我会感到舒畅
I’d be comfortable with it.
你觉得那是公平 正义吗 他在
Do you think it’s fair, just? He had his…
他在法庭上有过机会
He had his day in court.
他经过陪审团审判了
He, uh, was tried by a jury.
他们听了他的证言 然后相信了
They heard his testimony and they believed it.
查普曼说他将以伪证罪起诉迈尔斯
Chapman says he’s going to indict Myers for perjury.
不是因为他在庭审时说的话
Not for what he said at the trial,
而是因为他现在说的话

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!