Could you point him out for us?
我想再问一遍刚才的问题
I’d like to ask you that question one more time.
你在沃尔特·麦克米利安的庭审中
Was the testimony that you gave
所作证词是真实的吗
at Walter McMillian’s trial true?
不是 先生 一点也不
No, sir. Not at all.
肃静
Order, please.
在隆达·莫里森遇害的那天
Did you see Mr. McMillian on the day
你见过麦克米利安先生吗
Ronda Morrison was murdered?
没有 先生
No, sir.
那天你开着他的卡车去了蒙罗维尔吗
Did you drive his truck to Monroeville that day?
没有 从来没有
No. Never did.
你走进杰克逊洗衣店
Did you go into Jackson Cleaners
看到麦克米利安先生
and see Mr. McMillian
站在隆达·莫里森的尸体旁边了吗
standing over the body of Ronda Morrison?
绝对没有
Absolutely not.
谢谢
Thank you.
我没有问题了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
迈尔斯先生
Mr. Myers…
我们怎么知道
how do we know
你这么做不是出于对之前的协议不满呢
you ain’t upset with the deal you got,
你觉得改变说辞
and you feel like somehow by
也许能帮你脱身呢
changing your story, might help to get you out?
因为那是无稽之谈 先生
Because that just don’t make no sense, sir.
你觉得谁能来决定我的命运
Who do you think is deciding what happens to me?
我是生是死
If I live or die?
不是我 也不是约翰尼·D
It ain’t me. It ain’t Johnny D.
而是你们这些人 所以
It’s all y’all that’s deciding that, so,
我的说辞
how’s my saying what I’m saying
怎么能帮我脱身呢
gonna help to get me out?
如果有任何作用 也只会害我进死囚牢吧
If anything, it’s gonna help get me to death row.
但我不在乎 你们想对我做什么都可以
But I don’t care. Y’all can do what you want with me.
因为我
‘Cause me…
我可以看着你的脸
I can look in your face
或其他任何人的脸 问心无愧地说
or anybody else’s face, dead eye to eyeball,
我所说的任何关于麦克米利安先生的事情
and say that anything I told about Mr. McMillian…
都是谎言
was a lie.
他今天在这里都是因为我
He’s here ’cause of me.
我会感激你们送他回家
And I sure would appreciate you sending him home
回到孩子身边
to his kids where he belongs.
我们递交一份那天恰好经过烤鱼聚会的
We submit a copy of the official log
警员的日志
from the police officer that stopped by the fish fry,
证实沃尔特·麦克米利安当时和家人在一起
confirming Walter McMillian was there with his family.
迈尔斯先生说尸体面部朝上
Mr. Myers said that the body was faceup
在前台附近
near the front counter.
但是我发现她时面部朝下
But I found her facedown in the back,
在后面的洗手间里
by the bathroom.
向法庭呈交拉尔夫·迈尔斯
Submitting exculpatory records from Ralph Myers’ stay
在泰勒·哈丁精神病院的无罪辩护记录
at the Taylor Hardin psychiatric hospital.
这份记录检方并未向辩护律师公开
Which the State did not disclose to defense counsel.
迈尔斯先生当时是我的病人
Mr. Myers was my patient at the time
他多次声称
and he claimed on numerous occasions
被人用电刑椅威胁
that he was being threatened with the electric chair,
如果他不说出
if he didn’t say
当局想听到的话
what the authorities wanted to hear.
检察官想让我作证说
The prosecutor asked me to testify
她被人从前面拖到了后面
that she had been dragged from the front to the back.
我告诉他 “我不会在法庭上撒谎”
And I told him, “I ain’t gonna lie in court.”
接下来 几周之后
And then, well, a few weeks later,
我被开除了
I got fired from the department.
今天呈交的所有证据
All of the evidence presented today
都对这个案子的结果至关重要
would have been critical to the outcome of this case.
将这些证据排除在外明显违反了
And its exclusion is a clear violation
布雷迪诉马里兰案
of Brady v. Maryland
布雷迪诉马里兰案:布雷迪和同伴波布利特被马里兰检方以谋杀罪起诉。
同伴波布利特在证词中承认只有自己实施了谋杀,但这份证词被检察官扣下未公开。
布雷迪虽未杀人却被判处死刑。之后布雷迪上诉到最高法♥院♥,认为隐瞒证词的行为
违反了他接受正当程序审判的宪法权利。
和麦克米利安先生的宪法权利
and Mr. McMillian’s constitutional rights.
这个案子的真♥相♥尚未浮现
The truth has not been told in this case.
我知道事情已经过去很久了
And I understand a lot of time has gone by,
但我相信
but I personally believe
正义永远不会太迟
that it’s never too late for justice.
我们请求法庭批准我们的提议
We ask the court to grant our motion
下令重审麦克米利安先生的案子
and order a new trial for Mr. McMillian.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 律师
Thank you, Counselors.
等我有时间看完所有的东西后
We’ll reconvene at a later date,
我们再继续开庭
once I’ve had time to look through everything.
全体起立
All rise.
说实话
Tell you the truth, I didn’t think
我没想到他会这么做
he was gonna go through with it.
老实说 有那么一瞬间 我也觉得他不会
Honestly, for a second there, I didn’t think so either.
我不知道怎么形容现在的感觉
I can’t even tell you how I feel right now.
谢谢你
Thank you.
如果你们想打个招呼 还有几分钟时间
We got a few minutes if y’all wanna say hi.
我们5分钟后离开
We leave in five minutes.
你怎么样 老家伙
What’s up, old man?
-你做的很棒 -谢谢
– You did great. – Thank you.
查普曼今晚应该会联♥系♥你
Mmm-hmm. Chapman ought to call you tonight
告诉你他会撤销所有的指控
and tell you that he’s dropping all them charges.
我不抱什么希望
Yeah, I wouldn’t hold my breath.
在宣读我的决定之后
Upon the reading of my decision,
我希望法庭内保持秩序
I expect the rules of decorum in this courtroom to be upheld.
一个月后
拉尔夫·迈尔斯曾出庭作证
Ralph Myers took the stand before this court,
宣誓会说实话
swore to tell the truth,
接着就推♥翻♥了之前庭审上的
and proceeded to recant most, if not all,
大部分相关证词
of the relevant portions of his testimony at trial.
显然他要么在庭审中
Clearly, he has either perjured himself at trial,
要么在本次法庭前做了伪证
or in front of this court.
经过仔细审查
After careful review,
本庭认为
it is this court’s opinion
并无确凿证据证明
that conclusive evidence has not been provided
拉尔夫·迈尔斯在初审中作出伪证
that Ralph Myers perjured himself at the original trial,
且证人因出庭作证受到的压力
and that pressure put on him since his trial testimony
而做出的改变陈词不可采信
could tend to discredit his recantation.
因此 本庭判决
Therefore, it is ordered, adjudged and decreed
拉尔夫·迈尔斯的庭审证词
that the trial testimony of Ralph Myers
并未发现有伪证
is not found to have been perjured testimony
并且不再在此
and no new trial shall be granted…
-还没完 -进行新的审判
– It’s not over. – …at this time.
沃尔特·麦克米利安应当即刻返回
Walter McMillian shall be returned
霍尔曼惩教所
to Holman Correctional Facility
在那里 他将接受电击死刑
where he is to face death by electrocution.
你不能再这么对我们了 法官
You can’t do this to us again, Judge.
坐下 年轻人
Sit down, young man.
-约翰 -这是我的爸爸 先生
– John… – This is my dad, sir.
约翰 我请你立刻坐下
John. I want you to sit down now.
他什么都没做错
He ain’t do nothing wrong.
听你父亲的话 别在这里闹
Listen to your father. Not here.
他什么都没做错
He ain’t do nothing wrong.
立刻坐下
Sit down right now
否则你会因藐视法庭被捕
or you’ll be arrested for contempt of court.
法官 稍等 拜托了 法官
Judge, just give me one second. Please, Judge.
-稍等 -坐下 约翰
– Hold on one second. – Sit down, John.
我不会再说第二遍 坐下
I won’t say it again. Sit down!
你毫无缘由就要杀死我的爸爸 我才不坐
Not if you gonna kill my dad for no reason.
你毫无缘由就要杀死我的爸爸 我才不坐
Not if you gonna kill my dad for no reason.
他什么都没做错
He ain’t do nothing wrong!
别在这里 别这样
Not in here. Not like this.
你要杀死我的亲人 先生
You killing my family, sir.
你要杀死我的亲人 先生 你
You killing my family, sir. You!
约翰
John!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!