Look at them pine trees.
在我们出生前它们就已经在茁壮成长了
They’ve been growing since ‘fore we was born.
在我们死之后还会继续成长
And they gonna keep growing even after we gone.
它们经历了我们所经历的一切
And they done been through the same shit we done been through.
但他们还能在微风中起舞
But they still dancing in the breeze.
你看到它们了吗
Can you see ’em?

Yeah.
很好
Good.
现在我要你别想其他事了
Now I want you to think about nothing else.
就想着那些树
Just keep your mind on that.
一切都会好的
And everything gonna be a’ight.
我需要史崔克兰对华盛顿案
I need Strickland v. Washington,
谨呈最高法♥院♥
赫布特 李 理查德森
还有赫布特的巡佐的口供
and the affidavit from Herbert’s sergeant.
发出去吧
Let’s send it.
赫布特 李 理查德森上诉人

阿♥拉♥巴马州答辩人
现在怎么办
Now what?
等吧
We wait.
EJI 这里是布赖恩 史蒂文森
EJI. This is Bryan Stevenson.
史蒂文森先生
Mr. Stevenson,
法♥院♥刚刚对895395号♥案件下达指令
the court has just entered an order in case number 895395.
暂缓执行的动议
The motion for a stay of execution
和调案复审令的请求
and petition for writ of certiorari
都被驳回了
have been denied.
我们马上会将命令函复印件传真到你办公室
We’ll fax copies of the order over to your office shortly.
-谢谢 -谢谢
– Thank you. – Thank you.
他说过要我过去陪他
He asked me to be there.
好吧
Okay.
我开车送你
I’ll drive you, then.
来吧 赫布特 要走了
Come on, Herbert. We gotta go.
我能跟朋友道个别吗
Can… Can I say bye to my friends?
当你承受不了的时候
When it get too much for you,
你就深呼吸
you take them deep breaths.
想点别的
Let your mind go.
希望我不用独自面对
Wish I didn’t have to do this alone.
你不是一个人 赫布特
You ain’t by yourself, Herbert.
我们和你在一起
We all with you.
是吧 雷
Ain’t that right, Ray?
对 赫布 你还没离开我们
That’s right, Herb. You ain’t rid of us yet.
你一直都是很好的朋友
You’ve been a good friend.
第一次来处决室啊
First time in the chamber, huh?

Yeah.
别想太多 你会受不了的
Don’t think too much. You’ll lose your shit.
还需要什么吗 理查德森先生
Need anything, Mr. Richardson?
你会放我的歌♥吧
You still gonna play my song?
已经准备好了
Got it cued up and ready.
谢谢你
Thank you.
今天很奇怪
It’s been a strange day.
今天来问我如何帮助我的人
More people asked how they can help me today
比我一生加起来都多
than ever asked in my whole life.
我看起来好笑吗
Do I look funny?
我不知道他们要把我剃光
I ain’t know they were gonna shave off everything.
你看起来挺好
You look fine.
大多数人不会有机会坐在那想
Well, most people don’t get to sit and think all day
这是他们活着的最后一天
about it being their last day alive.
跟越南不一样
It’s different than Nam.
至少我在那还有机会
Least I had a chance there.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你是唯一一个愿意为我辩护的人
You the only one cared enough to fight for me.
因为我没有家人
Since I don’t have family,
我告诉军队把我的旗帜送给你
I told the army to send my flag to you,
如果可以的话
if that’s okay.
是我的荣幸
I’d be honored.
你能跟我一起祈祷吗
Can you pray with me?
当然
Of course.
他们准备好了
They’re ready.
♪ 在远远的山坡上 ♪
♪ On a hill far away ♪
♪ 立着个老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ Stood an old rugged cross ♪
♪ 苦难与耻辱的象征 ♪
♪ The emblem of suffering and shame ♪
♪ 而我爱着那老十字架 ♪
♪ And I love that old cross ♪
♪ 此爱至深 ♪
♪ Where the dearest and best ♪
♪ 因为这是迷失的罪人被杀的世界 ♪
♪ For a world of lost sinners was slain ♪
♪ 而我会珍惜 ♪
♪ And I’ll cherish ♪
♪ 这老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ The old rugged cross ♪
♪ 一直到我俯伏主脚前 ♪
♪ Till my trophies at last I lay down… ♪
你 赫布特 李 理查德森
You, Herbert Lee Richardson,
因在1977年8月16号♥谋杀
shall be put to death by electrocution
雷娜·梅柯林斯
in the state of Alabama
根据法官杰里·M·怀特的命令
as ordered and decreed by Judge Jerry M. White,
你将在阿♥拉♥巴马州
for the murder of Rena Mae Collins
被执行电刑
on August the 16th, 1977.
即将执行
So ordered.
理查德森先生
Mr. Richardson,
你还有什么遗言吗
do you have any final words you’d like to say?
♪ 那老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ Oh, that old rugged cross ♪
♪ 被世界所鄙视 ♪
♪ So despised by the world ♪
我没有不适
I have no ill feeling.
我也没有异议
And I hold nothing against anyone.
♪ 而我会珍惜这老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross ♪
♪ 这老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ The old rugged cross ♪
♪ 一直到我俯伏主脚前 ♪
♪ Till my trophies at last I lay down ♪
♪ 我会背负这老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ I will cling to the old rugged cross ♪
♪ 终有一天拿它来换公义冠冕 ♪
♪ And exchange it someday for a crown ♪
♪ 老旧的十字架啊 ♪
♪ To the old rugged cross ♪
♪ 我会永远真诚 ♪
♪ I will ever be true ♪
♪ 甘愿受世人轻视辱骂 ♪
♪ Its shame and reproach gladly bear ♪
♪ 主有一天会呼唤我 ♪
♪ Then he’ll call me someday ♪
♪ 去远方的家 ♪
♪ To my home far away ♪
♪ 主的荣福 ♪
♪ Where his glory ♪
♪ 我会永远分享 ♪
♪ Forever I’ll share ♪
我们跟你同在 赫布特
We with you, Herbert!
我们都和你同在
We all with you!
我们爱你 赫布
We love you, Herb!
我们都爱你 赫布
We all with you, Herb.
我跟你一起上路 大赫布
I’m walking with you, Big Herb!
相信你的心 赫布
Believe in your heart, Herb.
我们跟你同在 兄弟
We’re with you, buddy!
坚强点 赫布
Be strong, Herb!
♪ 我会背负这老旧的十字架 ♪
♪ I will cling to the old rugged cross ♪
♪ 终有一天拿它来换公义冠冕 ♪
♪ And exchange it someday for a crown ♪
我们爱你 赫布
We love you, Herb!
沃尔特·麦克米利安 被告
我希望你这个重要信息
Well, I hope this important news of yours
会附带吃的
comes with some food.
因为我要饿死了
‘Cause I’m starving.
坐下 迈尔斯先生
Sit down, Mr. Myers.
你上次可友好多了
You was a lot nicer the last time.
我听过了你6月3号♥的
I heard the recording of the first statement
录的第一次口供
you gave on June 3rd.
没有呈上法庭的那份
The one they didn’t present in court.
你告诉警长
You told the sheriff
你对约翰尼·D或是谋杀毫不知情
you didn’t know anything about Johnny D. or the murder.
你告诉他你不想陷害一个无辜的人
You told him you didn’t want to frame an innocent man.
你记得你说过这话吗
Do you remember saying that?
我好奇的是
Now, what I’m wondering is,
你是怎么从6月3号♥对谋杀的毫不知情
how do you go from knowing nothing about a murder on June 3rd,
变成三个月之后的关键目击证人的
to becoming the State’s key witness three months later?
是什么让你改变了想法
What changed your mind?
那是什么
What’s that?
赫曼监狱的入狱日志
Intake log from Holman prison.
在1987年8月1号♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!