Oh, well, it is part of our ethos
最聪明的人才
to attract the best and brightest.
两位博士
Doctors.
尊敬的大名鼎鼎的萨特勒博士 格兰特博士
Respected, renowned Dr. Sattler, Dr. Grant.
你好 我…哇 真的荣幸
Hi. I’m… Wow, this is big.
我是…刘易斯 -道奇森 你好
I’m-I’m Lewis. – Dodgson. Yeah.
你好 -你是刘易斯∙道奇森
Hi. – You’re Lewis Dodgson?
是的 你好
I am. How do you do?
没想到在这能见到本人
We didn’t expect to actually see you here.
这个吗 我哪都不会去
Oh, well, I wouldn’t be anywhere else.
你呢 -一样
Would you? – No.
在这里所有的人都在改变着世界
I mean, the people you see here are changing the world.
要不要拍张合影…
Would you mind if we, um…
呃… -哦
Uh… -Oh.
只是…这对我意义重大 要不…
Just to… It would mean a lot. If…
你呢 要不要…
Do you want to, um…
啊 太好了非常感谢 -啊…
Oh, great. Thank you so much. – Oh, uh…
可以了 很好 谢谢
Th-That’s good. That’s good. Thanks.
今天你们会看到一些了不起的东西
So, you are going to see some remarkable things today.
我们正在解开基因组的真正力量
We are unlocking the true power of the genome.
就快成功了 相信我
We’re this close. Believe me.
真的那你们要发大财了
You’ll make a fortune with that.
不 这跟钱无关
No, it’s not about money.
不 我们已经开♥发♥出
No, we’ve already identified
几十个远古基因
dozens of applications for paleo-DNA.
应用项目 治疗癌症 阿尔兹海默症
We’re talking about cancer, Alzheimer’s, autoimmune.
自身免疫性疾病拯救生命 但是…
We will be saving lives, but…
可以了
I bet.
不管怎样 我也想亲自带你们转转
Um, anyway, I wish I could take you around myself,
但是 就是这样…
but, uh, it’s, uh…
拉姆齐肯定能照顾好你们的
So, you’re in more-than-capable hands with Ramsay.
他可以说…是年轻版的我
He’s basically a… a young me,
只不过更聪明 还更高…
only smarter and, uh, taller…
你有吃的吗
Do you have food?
营养棒之类的 -什么 啊…
Like, one of my bars? – Pardon? Um…
不 那算了 我自己去找点
No, never mind. Uh, uh, I’ll find something.
这样待会咱们再聊
So, uh, I want to do more of this,
如果可以的 呃…
um, later on if we, um…
我订了私人座舱
Oh, we booked you a private pod
为了好让你们参观 所以… -好吧
for the trip out, so… – Right.
很漂亮 保你们喜欢
It’s beautiful. You’ll love it.
穿过洞穴什么的
Through the caverns and everything.
你们快去吧 讲座开始了
Uh, you better hurry. Malcolm’s on.
伊恩爱泼冷水 但我喜欢
He’s a bit of a contrarian, but I like him.
他让我们不敢懈怠
He keeps us on our toes.
不管怎样…
Anyway…
感谢你们 真的…
Thank you for being here. It’s…
那好 请跟我走吧
Okay, um, follow me, please.
什么意思
What?
我们人类跟其它生物一样 并没有
Human beings have no more right to safety or liberty
更多的享有安全和自♥由♥的权利
than any other creature on this planet.
我们不仅缺乏对自然的支配
We not only lack dominion over nature,
我们还屈从于它
we’re subordinate to it.
现在我们有机会
And now here we are
改写我们指尖上的生命
with the opportunity to rewrite life at our fingertips.
就像核能一样 没人知道基因工程
And just like nuclear power, nobody knew what to expect
会带来什么 但人们按下了按钮
with genetic engineering, but they pressed the button
抱着乐观的态度
and hoped for the best…
你们现在就是这样做的
just like you are doing now.
对 就是你们
Yep. You.
你们掌控着我们在地球上生存的未来
You control the future of our survival on planet Earth.
你们认为基因工程能解决一切
According to you, the solution is genetic power.
但是这种力量也能切断粮食供应
But that same power could devastate the food supply,
制♥造♥新型疾病
create new diseases,
进一步加剧气候变化
alter the climate even further.
引发我们意料之外的后果
Unforeseen consequences occur.
面对这些后果 每一回每一次…
And every time, every single time…
我们还装作没想到
…we all act surprised?
因为没有人 发自内心的
Because deep down, I don’t think that any of us
相信这些危险真的存在
actually believe that these dangers are real.
为了促成革命性变革
In order to instigate revolutionary change,
我们必须改变人的观念看法
we must transform human consciousness.
马雅姆 -嗯
Mayam? – Mm-hmm.
可以帮签一个吗 -非常好
Dr. Malcolm? – Very good.
给你签好了
There-there you go.
我可不能扔下朋友 谢谢
Hey, I don’t want to be rude to my friends. Thank you.
我走时再来找我 谢谢各位
Catch me on my way out. Thanks, everybody.
看看你们
Look at you,
看看我们 再看看你们
and look at me, and look at you.
哇 太不真实了
Wow, this is so trippy.
你看起来过得不错啊
You look like you’re doing well.
我有五个孩子
Well, I got five kids, you know,
我爱他们胜过生命 所以…
whom I adore more than life itself, so…
开销也变大了
uh, expenses add up.
你呢 艾伦 你…你…
You, Alan? Are you… are you…
你是成家了还是…
You have any family or…?
没有
No.
我得和你聊聊
So, uh, I need to talk to you.
我也要和你聊聊
Yeah, I need to talk to you, too.
私下聊 -你们俩经常聊天吗
Privately. – Do you two talk a lot?
他给我发过私信 -什么信
Uh, he slid into my DMs. – He did what?
情况紧急 伊恩 -到底是什么
It’s urgent, Ian. – What did you do?
“离午夜还有七分钟”之类的
“Seven minutes to midnight” stuff.
世界末日可能是快到了
Uh, the Doomsday Clock might be about out of time,
不过常言道 熬过最黑暗的时刻
but as they say, it’s always darkest
离彻底灭亡就不远了
just before eternal nothingness.
什么
What?
蝗虫 被白垩纪的基因改变了
Locusts, altered with Cretaceous-era DNA.
是啊 可我不研究这个
Yeah, that’s not my field.
对 但如果它持续繁殖
Yeah, but if these things continue to multiply,
连锁反应可能会波及整个生态系统 伊恩
we’re talking about cascading system-wide effects, Ian.
天哪 真无聊
Gosh, that’s a drag.
无聊 你是哪有问题吧
What is the matter with you?
怎么 你想让我做点什么 就做你该做的
Why? Is there something special you want me to do?
是啊 你还在乎吗
Yeah, how about give a damn?
你知道吗 我不能不在乎
You know far too much not to care.
嘿 这么多年来 我一直坚持自己的观点
Hey, I-I gave my opinion robustly for years.
不出所料 人类的努力最终导致
As expected, the sum of our human endeavors
自取灭亡 现在唯一能做的
has led to our annihilation, and the only play now
只有把握仅剩的时间
is to take the time that we have left and, uh,
像往常一样挥霍光阴
you know, just like we always do, squander it.
老实说 伊恩 那是胡扯
Honestly, Ian, that’s bullshit.
你们要来点咖啡吗
Can I offer you guys some joe?
泰勒 请给我两杯卡布奇诺
Uh, Tyler, please, two cappuccinos.
我不要卡布奇诺
I don’t want a cappuccino.
我可以做可塔朵或者玛奇朵
Uh, well, I could do, like, a cortado or, like, macchiato.
相信我 倒时差很难受
Trust me, it’s real tough, that jet lag.
喝杯咖啡清醒下
It’s gonna perk you right up.
这些蝗虫是一个名为”六足动物联盟”
The locusts are part of a larger project
的大型项目的一部分
called Hexapod Allies.
谜底跟你猜的一样
You’re right about their intent.
六周前我听说了这事
I started hearing rumors six weeks ago.
我看了你的文章 然后拼凑出了真♥相♥
I read your piece on decadence and put two and two together.
我没有提高音量
I was not raising my voice.
你开始了 现在声音不就大了吗
You’re beginning to. It’s crescendoing, isn’t it?
他们在疯狂增殖
They’re proliferating wildly.
比正常存活时间长了三四周
They’re lasting three, four times longer than they should.
我所有的模型都显示
And all my models are pointing toward a global
会出现全球性生态崩溃
ecological collapse, Ian.
去楼下 地下六层
Downstairs, sublevel six.
那是他们放蝗虫的地方