– June’s daughters,Carlene and Rosie.
—琼的两个女儿,卡琳和罗茜。
– When Mom and John got married,Rosie and I were grooving.
-妈妈和约翰结婚的时候,我和罗茜正在跳舞。
We were really excited about having some sisters.
我们很高心,会有更多的姐妹。
(卡琳.卡特,女儿,乡村歌♥手)
We were gonna have four sisters.
我们共有四个姐妹。
(卡琳.卡特,女儿,乡村歌♥手)
It was like, “Yeah.”
好像我说,“是的。”
And God love them, they were not that thrilled,and I don’t blame them.
上帝保佑她们,她们没有那么激动,我不怪她们。
– I remember at 12 when that happened.
-我记得这事发生时,我12岁。
It broke my mother’s heart.
这让我的妈妈伤透了心。
In some ways, I think it broke my dad’s heart.
在某种程度上,我觉得这伤透了我父亲的心。
It was giving up a certain idea of his life.
这让他放弃了,自己生活中的某种信念。
I think there’s times in your life where you know that
this is the fork you’re gonna take and that you have to take.
我认为,在你的生活中,你知道,这是你要走的路,也是你必须走的路。
It doesn’t mean there’s not grief for what you lose.
这并不意味着,你不会为失去的东西,感到悲伤。
– Your four daughters are in school in California,
-你的四个女儿都在加州上学
and they wanted to say hello to their daddy.
他们想向他们的爸爸,打个招呼。
– The family is really important to me,all of the girls. – Hi, Daddy.
-家庭对我来说,很重要,所有的女孩。 -嗨,爸爸。
We love you very much,
我们非常爱你,
and we hope you have a wonderful day.
我们希望你有一个美好的一天。
– Roseanne and Kathy and Cindy and Tara are all John’s girls.
-罗珊妮、凯西、辛迪和塔拉,都是约翰的女儿。
– So long for now, Daddy.
-再见了,爸爸。
– It took a little time for us all to become family,
-我们花了一段时间,才成为一家人
and it was kind of decided amongst everyone
这是那种当着所有人说,
that it was too complicated to say this is my step-sister.
这是我的“异父异母姐妹”,这种场景太复杂了。
It was just, “This is my sister.”
但只要说,“这是我的姐妹。”就行了。
So it seemed like the most normal thing.
这似乎是,最正常的事情。
– On the far end is our daughter Rosie,
-另一头那个,是我们的女儿罗茜,
over there, then our daughter Carlene,
在那边,然后是我们的女儿卡琳,
our daughter Roseanne…
我们的女儿罗珊妮…
– Because people want to ask, “Well, whose kid is that?”
-因为人们想问:“那是谁的孩子?”
– Miss June Carter. Yeah!
-琼·卡特小姐。是啊!
#There’s a dark and a troubled side of life #
生活总有黑暗和麻烦的一面
#There’s a bright and a sunny side too #
也有光明和阳光的一面
– #And though we meet with the darkness and strife #
虽然我们在黑暗和冲突中相遇
#The sunny side we also may view #
阳光的一面我们也可以看到
– My mother was told that she could not have another baby.
我妈妈被告知,她不能再生孩子了。
But by 1969, she’s 40 years old,
但到了1969年,她40岁了,
and she’s pregnant.
并且怀孕了。
– #It will brighten all the way #
它照亮所有的道路
#If we’ll keep on the sunny side of life #
如果我们保持生活的光明面
– And they saw that as a miracle in itself,
that I was able to come into the world.
他们认为,我能来到这个世界,本身就是一个奇迹。
– #If we’ll keep on the sunny side of life #
如果我们保持生活的光明面
(约翰.卡特.卡什,儿子,音乐制♥作♥人)
– Your and June’s son, John Carter Cash.
-你和琼的儿子,约翰·卡特.卡什。
– Hey, Johnny Carter. Hi, sir.
-你好,约翰尼·卡特。你好,先生。
– There’s your son, John. – Hi, sir.
-有你的儿子,约翰。 -你好,先生。
– John Carter. – How you doing?
-约翰.卡特。 -你好吗?
– All of us felt like we were having that baby too.
-我们都觉得,自己也要生那个孩子了。
It was like, “oh, John and June “are having a baby together.
This is so wonderful.”
这就像,“哦,约翰和琼”正在一起生下这个孩子。这太棒了。
Because it was like the icing on the cake somehow.
因为这就像是蛋糕上的糖霜。
– Thank you. – Thank you, girls.
-谢谢。-谢谢,姑娘们。
– I’ll sing to you.
-我想和你一起唱。
And I think that I’m the best.
唱支我认为是你最好的歌♥。
– You had so many things going for your career
when you and John got married.
-当你和约翰结婚的时候,你的事业上有很多事情要做。
And I realized your career has gone on in its own right,
我意识到,你的事业靠自己的力量,继续发展,
but do you ever think that perhaps,
if you hadn’t married John Cash,
但你有没有想过,如果你没有嫁给约翰·卡什,
you might be a bigger star individually?
你可能会成为一个更大的明星?
– Well, I think I had to make a decision
-嗯,我想我必须做出决定,
when it came to John,and when I decided
当我决定要嫁给约翰的时候,那就是
that I wanted to marry John,that that’s what I wanted to do,
我想要做的,我确实做了一个决定,
I did make a decision that where he goes,
他去哪里,我就去哪里,
I will go, and what he does, I will do.
他做什么,我就做什么。
– Thank you.
-谢谢你。
#If I were a carpenter #
如果我是个木匠
#And you were a lady #
你是个淑女
#Would you marry me anyway? #
你愿意嫁给我吗?
#Would you have my baby? #
你愿意为我生孩子吗?
– #If you were a carpenter #
-如果你是个木匠
#And I were a lady #
而我是个淑女
#I’d marry you anyway #
我无论如何都要嫁给你
#I’d have your baby #
我要怀上你的孩子
– #If a tinker was my trade #
-如果补锅匠,是我的营生
#Would I still find you? #
我还会找到你吗?
– #I’d be carrying the pot you made #
-我会端着你补的锅
#Following behind you #
跟在你后面
#Save your love through loneliness #
用爱解脱你的孤独
#Save your love through sorrow #
用爱排解你的苦恼
– Would you folks here at Opryland join me
in welcoming Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Cash
-奥普里乐园的朋友们,你们愿意和我一起欢迎约翰尼.卡什夫妇吗?
to “Pop! Goes the Country”?
听他俩唱《流行音乐!就得去乡村》
– During the time she was married to Carl Smith,
-在她与卡尔·史密斯结婚期间,
she didn’t take on the name June Carter Smith.
她并没有使用“琼.卡特.史密斯”这个名字。
The same when she married Rip Nix.
她嫁给里普·尼克斯时也是这样。
She did not take on Rip’s last name.
她没有随瑞普的姓。
– #And your soft shoe shining? #
你柔软的鞋子,闪闪发光?
#Save your love through loneliness #
用爱解脱你的孤独
– She becomes officially and commercially
-她正式成为商业人物,
and makes a statement to the world
向全世界宣布
that I am June Carter Cash.
我是琼·卡特·卡什。
– I’m very pleased to be any place that my husband is
-我很高兴,能像我丈夫那样生活,
because I’ve been completely totally happy,
因为我一直都很快乐,
and I guess the word is liberated,since I’ve been married to Johnny Cash.
我想“快乐”这个词,已经解放了,自从我嫁给了约翰尼·卡什。
– #And you were a lady #
-而你是个淑女
– She felt that when she gave up her independence,things were different then.
-她觉得当她放弃了独♥立♥,事情就不同了。
I mean, she even, like,would change her voice.
我是说,她甚至会改变她的声音。
– Since I’ve become Mrs. Johnny Cash…
-自从我成为约翰尼·卡什太太…
I’ve been happy since I’ve come to that conclusion in my life.
自从我得出这个结论以来,我一直很快乐。
I used to have great ambition,
我曾经有过雄心壮志,
and I used to want to be this or want to be that,
我曾经想要要这样,或想那样,
and now I’m just happy being Johnny Cash’s wife.
现在我只是想成为约翰尼·卡什的妻子。
– She would say,”I just pal around
-她会说:“我现在只想陪伴着约翰尼。”
after Johnny now.” And it’s like, “What? No.”
就像,“什么? 不会吧。”
– #Well, go on down to Jackson #
-那么,就进入杰克逊城
– #Go on down to Jackson #
-去杰克逊城
– #Go ahead and wreck your health #
-继续走,别管你的健康
#Go play your hand,you big talkin’ man #
如果你是个爱吹牛的人,就去玩一手扑克牌
#And make a big fool of yourself #
把你自己当成一个大傻瓜
#Yeah, go to Jackson #
好吧,去杰克逊城
And I’m not gonna feel bad about the situation at all
我不会为这种情况,感到难过
because by the time I came into his life,
he had so many miles on him, there’s no way
因为当我进入他的生活时,他已经跑了那么多路了,
I’ll ever catch up with him. – Whoa! Whoa!
我不可能追上他。 -哇!哇!
– June understood that she was very important
琼明白她对他的支持是非常重要的,
to holding him up and that Johnny Cash
没有琼·卡特的支持,约翰尼·卡什
(玛丽.布弗瓦克,作家,社会学家)
was not Johnny Cash without June Carter.
也就不是现在的约翰尼·卡什了。
– I think she was his lifeline,and he knew it.
-我觉得,她是他的救命稻草,他也知道这点。
– #I’m going to Jackson #
-我要去杰克逊城
#You turn-a loose-a my coat #
你松开我的外套
#Honey, I’m going to Jackson #
亲爱的,我要进杰克逊城
– When I was born,my father was at the very top of his career.
-我出生的时候,我父亲正处于事业的顶峰。
– #Well, they’ll laugh at you in Jackson #
-那么,他们会在杰克逊城嘲笑你
– They had the live television show.
-他们在电视上,有自己的真人秀节目。
– Hello, I’m Johnny Cash.
-你好,我是约翰尼·卡什。
– They were on the tongue tip of everyone in America.
-这几乎成了,每个美国人的热门话题。
And Dad could also go to Germany, England, Ireland,
爸爸也可以去德国,英国,爱尔兰,
Australia and sell out many, many tickets.
澳大利亚的演出门票已经热销。
– At one time, he was the fifth most recognizable human on this planet.
-他曾是地球上,被公众的辨识度,位居前五名的人物。
– #Oh, you big talkin’ man #
-哦,你是个爱吹牛的人
– And so they decided they would just take me with them.
-所以他们决定,带我一起去(环球巡演)。
– #Well, now we got married in a fever #