I feel like people say to me all the time,Johnny Cash wrote “Ring of Fire.”
我感觉人们总是对我说,是约翰尼·卡什写了《火环》。
But June wrote “Ring of Fire.”- She wrote “Ring of Fire,” OK?
但确是琼写了《火环》。 -是她写了《火环》,记住了吗?
– #And the flames went higher #
-火焰越升越高
#And it burns, burns, burns #
而它一直燃烧,燃烧,燃烧
#The ring of fire #
这个火的圆环
– My father heard this beautiful song.
-我父亲听到了这首美妙的歌♥。
– And the story goes, he had a dream
-故事就变成了这样,他做了一个梦,
that he heard Mexicali trumpets on the “Ring of Fire.”
梦见在“环形火山带”上,听到墨西卡利的喇叭声。
– #Love is a burning thing #
-爱情是一种燃烧的物质
#And it makes a fiery ring #
它会形成一个火环
#Bound by wild desire #
被野性的欲望挑动
– There’s no country song better-known than “Ring of Fire,”I don’t think.
-我想没有一首乡村歌♥曲,比《火环》更出名了。
– #I fell into a ring of fire #
-我坠入了一个火环
– It’s a song that is everlasting.
-这首歌♥是永恒的。
– I mean, “Ring of Fire,”when Johnny recorded it,
-我是说,《火环》,当约翰尼录制的时候,
you’re talking about this thing that came from this really deep,
like, I’m going to hell.
你可以说,这是发自他内心深处的东西,就像,我要下地狱了。
I’m in a ring of fire.
我在火环里。
I’m gonna burn in hell because of what I feel.
我会因为我的感受,而下地狱。
And then you have this angelic chorus of these Carter girls up there.
然后你就有了这些卡特女孩的,天使般地副歌♥合唱。
– #The ring of fire,the ring of fire #
-火环,火环
– The Juxtaposition of it,
-这种副歌♥并列,
there are just so many things that shouldn’t work,
从很多方面来说,可以说它不起作用,
and yet it works because it is unusual.
但它依然起作用,说明它不同寻常。
That’s the wonderful thing about music.
这就是音乐的美妙之处。
Sometimes those things that seem like they don’t fit
有时候,那些看起来不合适的东西
are what make the magic of the music.
正是音乐的魔力所在。
– #I fell into a burning ring of fire #
-我坠入了一个火环
#I went down, down, down #
我往下,往下,往下掉了
#And the flames went higher #
而这火焰,却越来越高
#And it burns, burns, burns #
它一直,一直,一直在燃烧
#The ring of fire,the ring of fire #
火环,火环
– She felt like the world was just gonna
swallow her up during that time period.
—她觉得世界在那个时期,就会把她吞下去。
– So many religious people think, well, you stay married,is what you do.
-所以很多宗教人士认为,好吧,你要保持婚姻,这就是你要做的。
And I’m thankful to them if they can manage to do that,
如果他们能做到这一点,我很感激他们,
but that time came in my life
但在我的生命中,
when I couldn’t manage to do it.
有一段时间我做不到。
– She took me and Rosie to New York
-她带我和罗茜去纽约
to see the World’s Fair, and she told us
参观世界博览会,她告诉我们
that when we went home,
that Daddy Rip wouldn’t be there anymore,that he was gonna be
回家后,里普爸爸就不在了,他要去别的地方
living somewhere else.
和别人一起住了。
– I got a divorce,
-我离婚了,
and I got it so quietly that I didn’t tell John
我很低调,有两三个月的时间
or any of them that I was divorced for about two or three months.
They didn’t know it.
我都没有告诉约翰,或他们任何一个人,我离婚了。他们都不知道。
I was very ashamed of it.
我对此感到很羞愧。
– She was following her heart, having the courage,
-她跟着自己的心走,凭着勇气,
when back then, I’m sure people thought
我敢肯定,当时大家都认为,
she was a whore, you know?
她是个妓♥女♥,你知道吗?
– I understand him.
-我理解他。
We understand each other.
我们互相理解。
I understand his pain.
我理解他的痛苦。
– Well, she had fought that pill habit that I had.
-还好,她和我一样,也戒掉了服用药物的习惯。
She had fought it with everything she knew,
她用她所知道的一切,与我内心的
that demon in me.
恶魔作斗争。
I thank God for people like her
that still believed that there was a little good in me.
我感谢上帝,因为还有像她这样的人,相信我,还有善良的一面。
– I flushed things down the commode.
-我把毒品,都冲到马桶里了。
I flushed down his amphetamines and his barbiturates.
I did everything that I could.
我把他的安♥非♥他♥命♥和巴比妥酸盐都冲掉了。我做了我能做的一切。
And I did things that I would have never done ordinarily,
我做了一些,平时不会做的事,
but I think I did it only because I didn’t know what else to do.
I thought he would die.
但我想我这么做,只是因为,我不知道还能做什么。我以为他会死。
– There were people that said to me
– 有人对我说,
that the only person in the 1960s
在20世纪60年代,唯一相信
(马克.斯蒂尔帕,卡特卡什家族历史学家)
who believed in Johnny Cash was June Carter.
约翰尼·卡什的人,就是琼·卡特。
That there was no one else,
没有其他人,
that no one saw any light
没有人看到
at the end of Cash tunnel,
卡什的光明,
except for June.
除了琼。
June believed.
琼相信了。
– I just never did let go.
-我从来没有,放手不管过。
I think if you really feel that way about somebody,
我想,如果你真的对什么人,有过这种感觉,
you just cannot leave them.
你就不能离开他们。
How can you leave them?
你怎么能离开他们呢?
You don’t care if it hurts.
你不在乎,会不会受伤。
You go on through it,from my point of view,
从我的角度来看,你要继续,
because I loved him.
因为我爱他。
– And I told him, if he could stay clean for six months,
-我告诉他,如果他能戒毒六个月,
then I would consider marrying him.
我就会考虑嫁给他。
– When my father turned his life around
当我父亲在20世纪60年代末
in the late 1960s, he went to the Carters
改变他的生活时,他向卡特家族
for help because they had so much love to lend.
寻求帮助,因为她们非常乐意提供帮助。
– #Oh, have you seen #
哦,你见过吗
– He loved my grandma and grandfather.
-他喜欢我的外公外婆。
He stayed at grandma and granddaddy’s house.
他住在外公外婆家。
He had his own room there,
他有自己的房♥间,
and they were just trying to get him straight
老俩口只是想让他
and keep him straight.
改邪归正。
– My mother and father and a couple of other friends,
-我的父母和其他几个朋友,
we did a lot of praying and fought a lot of demons.
我们做了很多祈祷,和很多恶魔搏斗。
#The storms are on the ocean #
海上掀起风暴
– During that time, her deep faith
-在那段时间里,她深深的信仰
was something that she communicated
是她经常与约翰尼
a lot to Johnny.
交流的感情。
– In my troubles in my sorrows and in my confusions in life,
-在我生活中的烦恼、悲伤和困惑中,
I’ve looked to that higher spiritual plane.
我仰望更高的精神境界。
– #The world may lose its motion, love #
-世界就会失去它的运动,亲爱的
#If I prove false to thee #
如果我在欺骗着你
– I’m the luckiest man alive.
-我是世上最幸运的人。
I don’t think there would be another man alive
我想,再也没有一个人
that’s as lucky as I am to come through.
能像我这样,幸运地活下来了。
– I would like to introduce to you
-我想向你介绍一个
a family that I am very close to,and they are very dear to me.
我非常亲近的家庭乐队,他们对我来说,非常亲密。
Let’s make welcome Mother Maybelle,
让我们欢迎梅贝尔妈妈,
Helen, June, and Anita… the Carter family.
和海伦,琼,和安妮塔…卡特家族乐队。
Hi, Mother. Hi, how are you doing?
你好,妈妈。你好,你们怎么样啊?
Hi, girls.
你们好,姑娘们。
– I was standing with my family
-我和家人,站在
in front of about 7,000 people in London, Ontario, Canada.
加拿大安大略省伦敦市的7000多人面前。
– #Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side #
保持向阳的一面,永远向阳
– And he walked up to the microphone and said,
“Will you marry me?” Just like that, on the stage.
他走到麦克风前说:“你愿意嫁给我吗?”就像那样,在舞台上。
– What did you say? – I choked.
-你说什么? -我哽咽了。
I said, “You’ve got to be kidding,” you know?
你猜得出吗?我当时说了句,“你在开玩笑吧。”
I said, “Quit. This is not happening to me.
我说,“别逗了,这事不会发生在我身上的。
Shut up. Hush.”
你闭嘴吧,嘘。”
You know, I wanted to answer with some kind of glamour,
but there’s no glamour to it.
你知道,我想用某种调侃来回答,但调侃不成。
It’s yes or no.
只有:是或否。
So the show must go on, and I said yes.
而演出节目必须继续下去,我就答应了。
#Clouds and storms will,in time, pass away #
乌云和风暴总会过去的
#And the sun again will shine bright and clear #
太阳将再次闪耀明亮而清澈
#keep on the sunny side,always on the sunny side #
保持向阳的一面,永远向阳
– Well, I got married in March the 1st, 1968.
-我是在1968年3月1日结婚的。
– Here’s your lovely wife, June Carter.
-这是你可爱的妻子,琼·卡特。
– #It will guide you all the way #
它会一路指引你
#If we keep on the sunny side of life #
如果我们保持生活的光明面
– June, you’ve been a guiding light and inspiration in John’s life.
– 琼,你在约翰的生活中,一直是一个指导光明和激励的人。
– I had the two daughters,Carlene and Rosie,
-我有两个女儿,卡琳和罗茜,
and we took our suitcases,
我们带着我们的行李箱,
and we went out to live with John.
我们去和约翰住在一起。