来吧,琼,你好。
Hey, will you do a song for us?
你能给我们唱首歌♥吗?
– So when they got to doing more and more dates together,
-所以当他们要做越来越多的约会时,
John offered her a job as to be in his band.
约翰给了她一份工作,让她加入他的演艺团队。
– Goes, “Love is just a thing of beauty,
-唱首“爱情是一种美,
and beauty is a blossom.”
而美是一朵花。”
– If you want to get your finger bit,poke it at a possum. – No.
-如果,你想让你的手指被咬到,就伸出它们去逗老鼠。 -不。
– Sing one.
-唱吧。
#Well, it takes a worried man #
这需要一个忧心忡忡的人
#To sing a worried song #
唱一首忧心忡忡的歌♥
#It takes a worried man #
这需要一个忧心忡忡的男人
#To sing a worried song #
去唱一首忧心忡忡的歌♥
– By the time Johnny puts together his road show,he’s a superstar. – Hi, folks.
-当约翰尼准备好巡回演出的时候,他已经是超级明星了。 -大家好。
This is Johnny Cash.
我是约翰尼·卡什。
And we’re gonna tear the place up.
我们要把这地方,闹翻天。
Y’all stick around late.
你们都在这儿,呆到很晚。
#And I lay down to sleep #
我却要躺下睡觉
– He’s this man in black, this iconic figure who commanded a stage.
-他就是那个神秘黑衣人,那个指挥舞台的标志性人物。
– #I had shackles on my feet #
-我要戴上脚镣
– When Johnny Cash came out,he just had that magnetism.
-约翰尼·卡什刚出道的时候,他就很有魅力。
It was… I don’t know.
这是…我说不清。
There was just some kind of a magic.
就是有某种魔力。
– #People gonna stoop and bow #
-人们会弯腰鞠躬
#All ’em women gonna make me #
所有的女人都会让我快乐
#Teach ’em what they don’t know how #
教给她们不懂的东西
#I’m going to Jackson #
我要去杰克逊城
– It just got to me, you know?
-我就是这么想的,你知道吗?
And I got the biggest crush on him.
我对他最大的迷恋。
You would not believe it.
你不会相信的。
I even thought about him when I was at home,
我在家的时候,连我也会想他的,
and you know, when I was in sleeping or whatever,
你知道,当我睡着的时候,
I’d think about Johnny Cash.
我就会想起约翰尼·卡什。
– #Yeah, I’m going to Jackson #
-是的,我就要去杰克逊城
– His name is Johnny Cash.
-他的名字是:约翰尼.卡什。
He and June Carter, they’ve been touring
他和琼·卡特,他们一直在
around the world.- Oh, she’s very good, Pete.
世界各地巡演。 -她唱得很好,皮特。
Very proud of her. We went all over the Far East.
我为她感到骄傲。我们走遍了远东。
And she was so homesick, I guess,
她很想家,我猜,
that she asked me to go up to see her old home place
她让我去看她在弗吉尼亚州
up at Macy Springs, Virginia.
梅西斯普林斯的老家。
Golly.
天呐。
– All right.
-没问题。
#Oh, I’m thinking tonight of my blue-eyes #
哦,今晚我在想我的蓝眼睛
#Who is sailing far over the sea #
他正航行在远洋
#Yes, I’m thinking tonight of him only #
是的,我今晚只想着他
#And I wonder if he ever thinks of me #
我不知道,他是不是会想起我
– This was a time I woke up one morning,
-有一天早上我醒来,
and I came to the realization that I thought,
突然意识到我在想,
“Oh, my goodness, I think I’m falling in love with Johnny Cash.”
“天哪,我想我爱上约翰尼·卡什了。”
#For the pleasures we’ve both seen together #
为了我们俩已经眼瞅着的快乐
Scared the daylights out of me.
这一想,吓得我魂飞魄散。
It was not an opportune time.
这可不是合适的时机。
I thought, “This is not gonna work
because we had two lives of our own going in other directions.”
我想,“这行不通,因为我们有各自的生活,正在各奔东西。”
And it wasn’t convenient.It just wasn’t.
这念头断不可取。这不合适。
– She was married,and he was married.
-她是已婚的,而他也是已婚的。
He had four girls.
他有着四个女儿。
– My mom was truly in love with my dad,
-我妈妈真的很爱我爸爸,
and they made a life together,
他们一起生活,
and my dad was gone all the time.
可我爸爸总是不在。
June was there.
琼当时出现了。
(罗珊妮.卡什,乡村音乐家)
They had this thing about being on the road
他们的血液里流淌着一种“永不停歇”
(罗珊妮.卡什,乡村音乐家)
in their blood, this constant motion,
的感觉,这种持续的运动,
this striving. They were both artists.
这种奋斗。他们都是艺术家。
– #Won’t you come, dear, and shed just one tear #
你愿不愿意来,亲爱的,哪怕一滴眼泪
#And say #
并说
– Everything was wrong.Everything was crazy.
-一切都错了。一切都很疯狂。
He was off on another planet somewhere.
他在另一个星球的什么地方。
– You were singing one back there in the dressing room
-你刚才在更衣室里唱了一首
about the family. That’s what I understood.
关于家庭的歌♥。这就是我所理解的。
That within three years…be back in a second.
三年内…我马上就回来。
– Ooh, pardon. – There we go.
-哦,对不起。 -没事。
– Your lighter, I assume.
-我想是你的打火机。
– #Sometimes, it causes me to tremble #
有时,它使我颤抖
#Tremble, tremble,tremble, tremble #
颤抖,颤抖,颤抖,颤抖
– By the time he and June were falling in love and she was traveling
-当他和琼坠入爱河时,她和他一起旅行,
with him, he was a full-blown addict.
他是一个成熟的瘾君子。
– I tried to encourage him to get clean.
-我试着鼓励他戒毒。
He would try.
他愿意尝试。
And I wouldn’t see him for a long time.
我要很长一段时间,都见不到他了。
He had come back on the road, and he’d be using again.
他又重新上路了,可他又开始复吸(毒)了。
– #When they nailed him to the cross #
-当他们把他钉在十字架上
– It was a terrible cycle that he was in.
-他陷入了一个可怕的恶性循环。
– Rosie and I would say our prayers every night,
-罗茜和我每天晚上都要祈祷,
and Mama would always say,”Don’t forget tonight,
妈妈总是说:“别忘了今晚,
pray for Johnny Cash, because he’s a good man.”
为约翰尼·卡什祈祷吧,因为他是个好人。”
So these little girls are praying for Johnny Cash,
这些小女孩在为约翰尼·卡什祈祷,
who’s not their daddy.
他还不是她们的爸爸。
– #Tremble, tremble, tremble, tremble, tremble, tremble #
-颤抖,颤抖,颤抖,颤抖,颤抖,颤抖
– I didn’t want to fall in love with him,
-我不想爱上他,
didn’t mean to fall in love with him,
也不是有意爱上他,
was scared to death of him.
只是怕他,怕得要死。
So I did a lot of just running and trying to sit in a corner
所以我跑了很多次,试着一个人坐在角落里,
by myself because I wouldn’t even admit it to myself for a long time.
因为很长一段时间,我都不愿承认这一点。
– Johnny Cash & The Tennessee Three!
—约翰尼·卡什和田纳西三人组!
– I didn’t want to hurt anybody.
-我不想伤害任何人。
I didn’t want to do anything that would hurt him
我不想做任何会伤害他
or his family or me or my family,
或他的家人,或我,或我的家人的事情,
and I’d always been raised a real religious girl.
而且我一直都是一个,真正的笃信宗教的女孩。
– June was a good Christian girl.
-琼是一个笃信基♥督♥教的女孩。
(艾米露.哈里斯,乡村音乐家)
I mean, you didn’t go to bed with somebody
我是说,除非你结婚了,否则
unless you were married.
你是不会和别人上♥床♥的。
– And I had never in my life
-我这辈子从没想过
meant to be married more than once.
结一次以上的婚。
– Mr. Johnny Cash.
-约翰尼·卡什先生。
And yet, she was deeply, deeply,
然而,她深深地、深深地、
fiercely in love with John.
强烈地爱着约翰。
So there was a real conflict going on there.
所以,这就发生了,真正的冲突。
– I tell you, you can kill people like me when something like this happens.
-我告诉你,这种事发生时,你可以杀了我这样的人。
One night, I know I woke up in the middle of the night,
一天晚上,我知道我在半夜醒来,
and I was crying when I woke up,
我醒来的时候哭了,
and I thought, “I can’t do this. I can’t.This is driving me crazy.”
我想,“我做不到。我不能。这快把我逼疯了。”
Because all I could feel was pain.
因为我能感觉到的,只有痛苦。
And I’d been writing songs with a guy
我和一个叫梅勒.基尔戈的人
named Merle Kilgore, a great songwriter,
一起写歌♥,他是个很棒的词曲作者,
and he had encouraged me to write.
他鼓励我创作歌♥曲。
– OK, we ready?
-我们准备好了吗?
Give me a minute.
给我一分钟。
– The next morning, Kilgore came in,and I said,
“We’ve got to hone a little bit on this,
第二天早上,基尔戈进来了,我说:“我们还需要再打磨一下,
but I really think I’ve written a great song.”
但我真的觉得,我写了一首很棒的歌♥。”
– Here we go. Now…
-现在,我们开始…
– All right, we’re just pressing on.
-好吧,我们要抓紧了。
– I’m gonna sing this song for you,and I’d like to try my version,
-我要为你唱这首歌♥,我想试一下我的版本,
the way it was written in the beginning.
就像一开始写的那样。
#Love is a burning thing #
爱是一种燃烧的物质
#And it makes a fiery ring #
它会形成一个火环
#Bound by wild desire #
被野性的欲望挑动
#I fell into a ring of fire #
我掉进了这个火环
– You know, I don’t know if a lot of people know that she wrote “Ring of Fire.”
-我不知道,有多少人知道她写了《火圈》。