And you might not think you wanted it,but you know you really did.
你可能觉得,你不想要,但你知道,你其实真的很想要。
– Please give a Grand Ole Opry welcome to June Carter Cash.
-让我们大歌♥剧院现场,热烈欢迎琼.卡特.卡什。
– And then they would start shouting for June.
-然后他们就会开始,为琼大喊大叫。
– Thank you very much.
-非常感谢你们。
Gosh, what a big room.
天呐,好大的房♥间啊。
– You know she had to feel vindication.
-她必须要为自己,赢得认可。
– Oh, thank you.
-哦,谢谢你们。
– You know that she…
-你知道,在她…
in her final years, people are screaming for June.
在她最后的岁月里,人们将为她欢呼雀跃。
– Oh, thank you.
-哦,谢谢你们。
You’ve almost made me cry.
你们都快让我哭了。
– She is standing up there giving us a life lesson
of what it means to stick it out.
-她站在那里,给我们上了一堂人生课,告诉我们,什么是坚持到底。
– OK, son?
-行了吗?儿子。
– Let’s do one more.
-我们再来一遍。
– Press on, Norman.
-继续坚持,诺曼。
– And then she was back in the studio again…
-然后她又回到了录音棚中…
In Virginia at the house where she was raised.
在弗吉尼亚,那所她成长的房♥子中。
– #Oh, give to me a winding stream #
-哦,给我一条蜿蜒的小溪
– She gave it every bit of energy she had,14 songs within three days.
-她竭尽了全力,三天内录了14首歌♥。
– #But I will dance, I will sing #
-但我要跳舞,我要唱歌♥
#And my laugh shall be gay #
而我的笑声,是发自内心的欢乐
– You know, moss did not grow on my mama’s feet.
-告诉你们,我妈妈是个停不住脚步的人。
She had a lot of energy.
她精力充沛。
Her work ethic,period, was like…
她的职业道德,在那个年代,就像…
she was like a superwoman to me.
我说,她就像个“超人”。
– #But I’m longing to see him and regret the dark hour #
-但我渴望见到他,后悔这黑暗的时刻
#It’s gone and neglected #
这将消失殆尽
OK, I’m ready to press on, son.
好了,我的《继续坚持》录毕,儿子。
– One second. – OK.
-再稍等一下。 -好的。
No… I’ll tell you how it is.
不…我来告诉你,这是怎么回事。
I’ll just tell you again.
我再跟大家说一遍。
We don’t want to think about death,but sometimes I do.
我不会去想到死亡,但有时我会。
Sometimes I feel like I’m on a hill,
and it’s John’s grave I’m kneeling on.
有时我觉得,我在山上,这是约翰的坟墓,我跪在地上。
And if you can imagine me just sitting there trying to talk to him.
如果你能想象,我只是坐在那里,和他说话。
#When death shall close these eyelids #
当死神让我阖上双眼
#And this heart shall cease to beat #
而这颗心,也停止了跳动
#And they lay me down to rest #
这些都是让我,在鲜花丛中
#In some flowery #
躺下长眠
#Bound retreat #
注定要凋零
#Will you miss me? #
当我离去的时候
#Miss me when I’m gone #
你会想念我吗
– #Will you miss me? #
-你会想念我吗?
#Miss me when I’m gone #
当我离去时,想念我
– #Will you… #
-你会吗…
– I remember my mother was coming out the door.
-我记得,我看见妈妈从录音棚门里走出来。
And I remember seeing her get in the car and her telling me,
我记得,看着她坐上汽车,她告诉我,
“I’ve got to go to the hospital.”
“我还得去趟医院。”
I look back now, and I remember the look in her eye.
我现在回想起来,从她的眼神中能看出来。
It was this joy,but such sadness
那是一种欣喜,但又苦涩
and weakness at the same time.
同时,还有一些虚弱。
And she went to the hospital.
然后,她去了医院。
Um…
嗯…
– #And come sit along… #
-来坐下…
– When I got the phone call, I was shocked
-当我接到电♥话♥时,我很震惊,
because John had been the one.
因为是约翰打来的。
(艾米露.哈莉丝,乡村音乐家)
I think everybody kind of expected John
我想,在过去的十年里,
from his illness over the last ten years,
每个人都认为,约翰会是第一个离开,
that he would be the first to go.
因为他有这种或那种病。
– #Will you miss me? #
-你会想念我吗?
#Miss me when I’m gone #
在我离开时,想念我
– Her death was sudden.
-她的死,很突然。
And it hit all of us really hard, the whole community.
它打击了我们所有人,乃至整个社区。
– It was just confusing.
-这只是让人困惑。
It was like, oh, no, there goes the tent pole for everybody, you know?
就像,哦,没了,每个人的主心骨都不见了,你知道吗?
It was a hard one. It was a hard one.
这是痛心的,这真的痛心。
– #But I could not hide my sorrow #
-但我无法掩饰,我的悲伤
#when they laid her in the grave #
当他们把她,安放进坟墓时
#Can the circle… #
这个圆圈会…
– It’s hard even now remembering that whole few days.
-即使现在,回想起那几天,也很难过。
– #Lord, by and by #
-主啊,不久之后
#There’s a better… #
会有个更好的…
– When we went to June’s funeral,Johnny Cash was so sad, oh, my God.
-我们去参加琼的葬礼时,约翰尼·卡什很伤心,哦,我的天啊。
He just could hardly sit there.
他简直都坐不住了。
– I just remember him saying,”I put her in a blue dress because of her eyes.”
-我只记得他说:“我让她穿蓝裙子入葬,是因为她的眼睛。”
And then when I walked past him in the church,
然后当我在教堂从他面前走过时,
(凯特.艾尔德曼.约翰逊,家族好友)
he said, “Is that Katie?”
他说,“那是凯蒂吗?”
– It was agonizing to watch him go through that experience.
看着他遭受那样的经历,真让人痛苦。
It was really tough.
这真的很难受。
She was so full of life.
她充满了活力。
– We wave to her from this shore as she drifts out of our lives.
-当她从我们的生活中漂走时,我们向她挥手告别。
What a legacy she leaves us.
她给我们留下了,多么宝贵的遗产啊。
– It still, to this day, kills me for her to be gone.
-直到今天,她的离去仍然让我心痛。
She was my dearest friend and my mommy.
她是我最亲爱的朋友,和我妈妈。
– Under a June blue sky waving her scarf to greet us.
– 琼在蓝天下,挥动着她的围巾迎接我们。
– I just had this vision of June.
– 我刚看到了琼的幻象。
Almost her whole life flashed before me.
她的一生几乎都在我眼前闪过。
And I almost felt like this song
我几乎觉得这首歌♥
just… she just dropped it in my lap as she was flying over.
就像…就像她飞过来,把它丢在我腿上了。
Like, here, I’m going to give you one more thing.
好像说,给你,这是我再次送你的一件礼物。
And I wrote this song called “The Strong Hand.”
于是,我写了这首歌♥,叫《强壮的手》
#She was a strong hand #
她是个强壮的手
#A good sister and a daughter #
她是个好姐妹和好女儿
– I was standing next to John Carter.
-我站在约翰·卡特旁边。
And I had my arm around him.
我搂着他。
– Lisa Kristofferson was there to support me.
-丽萨.克里斯托弗森在身旁扶着我。
– At one point, his knees were collapsing.
-他的膝盖,在那一刻几乎要瘫软下来。
And he’s a large man.
他是个大块头。
– It’s like she could tell right when I emotionally cracked,
because I did emotionally crack.
—这就像她能看出,我情绪快崩溃了,因为我确实情感崩溃了。
– And I heard June say,”I’m right here, son.”
-我听到琼说:“我就在这里,儿子。”
– #And it’s a miracle #
-而这是个奇迹
#How one soul finds another #
一颗心灵如何找到,另一颗心灵
– And I had this super strength,I held up this huge man.
我有了这个超级力量,我扶起了这个巨大的男人。
– Lisa held me with such love.
-丽莎如此地爱我。
Lisa held on to me like a mother.
丽莎像母亲一样照顾着我。
– #As they walk this world together #
-当他们一起走过这个世界的时候
– She was a holder upper in that moment,
-在那一刻,她是一个支撑者,
you know, in a dimension that I don’t really know or understand.
你知道,在一个我真的不知道,或不理解的维度。
But there is no doubt in my mind that it was real.
但毫无疑问,在我的心中,这是真的。
– After June died, John would call me a lot.
-琼去世后,约翰经常给我打电♥话♥。
And he was really down.
他真的很沮丧。
And I could tell.
我可以劝解他。
And, you know, we’d talk about this thing or that thing.
你知道,我们会谈论这个或那个话题。
But what he was really wanting to do was
get somebody to take his mind off of the whole thing.
但他真正想做的是,让某人把他的注意力,从整件事上转移开。
– He really struggled.
-他真的在挣扎。
I mean, all of us children were holding our breaths,
like he’s not going to last long without her.
我是说,我们所有的孩子都屏住了呼吸,好像没有她,他活不了多久。
And he didn’t. He lasted four months.
他没有多久。他持续了四个月。
– One of the last things he wrote on a plain piece of paper was,
-他在一张普通的纸上写下的最后一句话是:
“I love June Carter.She is an angel.I am not.”
“我爱琼·卡特。她是一个天使。我不是。”
– #Oh, it’s a sad thing #
-哦,这是一件悲伤的事情
– Here she is right now, Miss June Carter!
-她就在这里,琼.卡特小姐!
– #The other and fly up where the voice rings #
-另一只,飞到声音响起的地方
– She was very special.
-她非常特殊。
And, you know,there’s nobody that can replace her.
而且,你知道,没有人能取代她。
– She was a very free spirit.
-她是个很自♥由♥的人。
There was a great depth of love of the people.
有一种伟大的深爱的人。
At the heart of it, there is this enduring personality
在它的核心,有一个持久的个性,
that is there of a young girl riding