你…
You…
你将在哪里养家?
Where will you raise your family?
在那山坡上
On that hillside.
那会是你的一块地吗?
Would that be your plot of land?
你…
You…
那里的那块地,在那些树之间…
That field there, between those trees…
如果你想要的话,那就是你的
that’s yours if you want it.
这是肥沃的土壤,适合种植
It’s rich soil, good for growing.
你们所有人,每个人,都会得到他的那份
All of you, each and everyone of you, will get his share.
你已经为它工作了
You’ve worked for it.
上帝保佑,我们已经把我们的灵魂奉献给这个地方八年了
By the gods, we’ve given our souls to this place for eight years.
在我们把他们弄回来之前,我们不要放弃
Let’s not abandon before we get them back.
打开大门!
Open the gate!
我以前告诉过你,我会再告诉你:凯撒的战争是犯罪
I told you before and I’ll tell you again: This war of Caesars’ is a crime.
他代表罗马发动战争,我们委托他与高卢人作战
He’s waging war on behalf of Rome. We commissioned him to fight the Gauls.
不是所有的!
Not all of them!
他开始在边境与叛乱分子作战,并开始谋杀
He started fighting the insurgents at the borders and moved on to murder…
向罗马纳税和进贡的和平的罗马盟友高卢人
peaceful Roman allies Gauls who pay taxes and tribute to Rome.
我害怕上帝,先生们
I fear the gods, gentlemen.
凯撒不是苏拉,他不是在与罗马人作战
Caesar is not Sulla. He’s not fighting the Romans.
他在和高卢人作战
He’s fighting the Gauls.
他没有威胁我们,是我们在威胁他
He’s not threatening us. We are threatening him.
凯撒担任执政官后,有多少次他在没有批准的情况下强行通过了一项法律
Once Caesar was consul, how many times that he pushed through a law without having it ratified?!
他不尊重我们
He has no respect for us.
最好做点什么。。。
Something had better be done…
马上
and right away.
我建议我们什么都不做
I propose we do nothing at all.
凯撒
Cassius.
你说整个高卢都在团结起来反对他
You say all of Gaul is rallying against him.
面对这样的数字,他不可能获胜
He can’t possibly win against such numbers.
武器!
To arms!
就是这个
This is it.
弓箭手!
Archers!
门口的士兵们!
Soldiers at the gate!
他试图欺骗我们,在这里聚集我们的军队
He’s trying to fool us into gathering our troops here.
你怎么知道他会怎么做?
How do you know what he’ll do?
因为那就是我要做的
Because that’s what I would do.
我会在这里等待维钦托利采取行动
I will wait here for Vercingetorix to make his move.
他的人无力攻击我们的主阵营
His men are to weak to attack our main camp.
他将把骑兵移到这里并试图突破主墙
His men are to weak to attack our main camp.
他将把骑兵移到这里并试图突破主墙
He will move his cavalry here and try to break through the inner wall…
而他的盟友则从外面进攻
while his allies attack from the outside.
不能让这两股力量合在一起
We cannot let these two forces join together.
如果这样,我们将无法生存
If they do, we will not survive.
跟我来
Follow me!
我们必须坚持住!
We must hold on!
Go!
撤退!
Retreat!
凯撒,你的人在找你
Caesar, your men are asking for you.
我非常悲伤地把这封信写给你,亲爱的丈夫
“It is with great sadness that I write this letter to you, my dear husband.
你的茱莉亚早产了 她遭受了一些痛苦
“Your Julia gave birth early and she suffered some pain in doing so.
医生在那里 尽他们所能减轻她的痛苦
“The doctors were there and did what they could to ease her suffering.
是个男孩,但身体虚弱 他们的努力救不了他
“The child was a boy but frail. Their efforts could not save him.
他看起来像凯撒,脸上有贵族气质
“He looked like you, Caesar. There was nobility in his face.
你的女儿努力在这种悲惨的出生里活下来
“Your daughter struggled to sustain this tragic birth,
但最终她还是走了
“but in the end she could not.
庞培让自己远离元老院,把自己孤立起来
“Pompey has kept himself from the senate, preferring instead to pass time in no company.
他一次又一次地绕着墓地走来走去,
“He walks around the graveyard again and again,
在她的坟墓上保持新鲜的花环
“keeping fresh garlands on her tomb.”
明天早上我们就攻下阿莱西亚
We attack Alesia in the morning.
打开大门
Open the gate.
我知道你唯一的敌人是一个人,他现在就站在你面前..
I know your only real enemy is one man, and he is standing before you now.
凯撒,我向你投降
I’m giving myself to you, Caesar.
我们的女人为我们而死
Our women died for us.
我给你我的生命 这样你就会让我的人活着
I give you my own life so that you may let my men live.
如果我的人死了,高卢空无一物,
If my men die, there will be nothing left of the Gauls,
没有人留下来崇拜我们的神
and no one left to worship our gods.
我请求你
I beg you.
如果你需要,奴役我的人♥民♥
Enslave my people if you need to,
但让他们活着
but let them live.
你的人会活下去的
Your men will live.
我亲爱的妻子,
“My dear wife,
在我们再次聚在一起之前,你必须再等一会儿
“we’ll have to wait a bit more before we’re together again.
你看到罗马有些人会给我打上罪犯的标签
“You see, there are those in Rome who would have me branded an outlaw,
所以我派马克安东尼代表我与元老院交谈
“so I have sent Mark Antony to talk to the senate on my behalf.
因为从来没有像我这样统帅
“Since there has never been a soldier with an army such as mine…
带着一支军队返回罗马而不用武力占领她,
“who would return to Rome without taking her by force,
我也必须计划这样的攻击,
“I too must be planning such an assault.
但我的罪行会更重
“But my crime is worse…
因为我回来了 不是耻辱,而是胜利
“because I return not in dishonor, but in triumph,
这是元老院无法容忍♥的
“and this the senate cannot tolerate.”
苏拉不久前带着他的军队进城,
How long ago did Sulla ride into town with his army,
打破了神圣的罗马法律!
breaking the sacred Roman law stating that no man…
没有人再带着军队渡过鲁比肯河进入罗马
must bring armed men past the Rubicon into Rome?!
流血事件中你的回忆有多新鲜?请小心点
How fresh in your memories does bloodshed have to be for you to show caution?!
凯撒为罗马所做的事情比历史上任何其他将军都多
Caesar has done more for Rome than any other general in its history.
而你是怎么回应的?
How do you respond?!
你在他缺席的情况下剥夺了他的执政官资格,没有任何解释
You strip him of his consulship in his absence without explanation.
在过去的八年里,他的罗马规模增加了一倍多,你还要求他做什么
He’s more than doubled the size of Rome in the last eight years. And what do you ask him to do?
放下武器
Lay down his arms.
凯撒不是罪犯.
It’s not Caesar who is the criminal.
这元老院才是!
It is this senate!
这个元老院代表了罗马人♥民♥
This senate represents the people of Rome.
这个元老院,代表着自己的利益
This senate represents its own interests.
苏拉也说了同样的话
Sulla said almost the very same thing.
如果他这么说,他是对的
If he said it, he was right.
但苏拉和凯撒的区别在于
But the difference between Sulla and Caesar is:
人们害怕苏拉,而爱凯撒……
The people feared Sulla. Caesar they love..
你完全不了解
You know nothing…
人们的感受
of people’s feelings.
没错,我不知道
You’re right, I don’t.
让我问问他们好了
Let me ask them.
罗马人,我带着凯撒的问题来找你
People of Rome, I’ve come to you with questions from Caesar.
他需要知道你们想要什么,这样才能更好地满足你们的需求
He needs to know what you want so he can better serve your needs.
元老院称他们代表了人♥民♥
The senate says they represent the people,
但元老院希望凯撒放下武器,然后作为一个平民回到罗马,而不是一名士兵
but the senate wants Caesar to lay down his arms and return to Rome as a man, not as a soldier.
当他到达时,元老院会宣布他叛国罪
And when he arrives the senate will find him guilty of crimes against the state.
凯撒的罪行是离开罗马在外战斗了八年,
Caesar’s crime is spending eight years in battle, outside of Rome,
没有任何我们每天过的理所当然的舒适生活, 而是面对敌人的威胁。为什么?
with none of the comforts we all take for granted, and with a daily treat to his life. Why?
因为他可以为罗马人♥民♥带来财富
So he can bring wealth to the Roman people.
寺庙,图书馆,假期和游戏……
Temples, libraries, holidays and games
都是由凯撒在高卢的战利品资助的 然而,元老院怎么看?
are all funded by Caesar’s levies in Gaul. Yet what do they think in the senate?
他们认为他这样做是出于个人利益……
They think he’s doing this for personal gains.
我问你
I ask you:
如果他这样做是为了私利, 他为什么留在高卢?
If he’s doing this for private gain, why does he stay in Gaul?
他为什么住在帐篷里?
Why does he live in a tent?
我知道他为什么这样做
I know why he does it.
他这样做, 所以我们罗马人可以生活得更好
He does it, so we Romans can live well.
你打算怎么办?
What are you going to do about this?
无论这些人怎么想,
Whatever these men may think,
其中一些人从未骑过马背,
some of whom have never been up on a horse’s back,
我从未见过有人比他对罗马的敌人更强硬
I have never known a man tougher on the enemies of Rome,
也没有人对自己的朋友比他更温和
nor gentler to his friends.
当我称自己为罗马人时,
When I call myself a Roman,
让我最自豪的是,
the thing that makes me most proud…
可以与这样一个人分享这个头衔
is to share that title with one other man.
与这样一个人并肩战斗
A man whom it is been my privilege to fight beside.
他一次又一次的展示出他爱自己的生命比爱你们的更少
A man who has shown time and again that-
-他爱自己的生命比爱你们的更少
-that he loves his own life less than he loves yours.
他的名字叫盖乌斯·尤利乌斯·凯撒!
His name is Gaius Julius Caesar!
凯撒!