You know I have nothing to give you.
我知道, 并且我接受.
I accept.
我想要一个委任
I want a commission.
高卢 – 高卢?
– Gaul. – Gaul?
它已经被别人拿去了
It’s taken.
卡西乌斯
By Cassius.
我需要战功
I need a victory in battle.
你没有战争经验而且你还要军团
Your not experienced enough in warfare and you need legions.
你的军团……
Your legions.
她是我的全部,…她值得5万
She’s all I got. I want 50,000 for her.
5万塔兰特?
Talents?
5万士兵
Soldiers.
你怎么能这样做的?
How could you do it?
你怎么能把已经给我的委任收回?
How could you take my commission away?
因为我认为凯撒是高卢的合适人选
Because I think Caesar’s the right man for Gaul.
但是我已经投入相当大的费用来准备人手
But I’ve already put myself to considerable expense preparing my men.
– 你会得到补偿的. – 什么?
– And you’ll be reimbursed. – What?
你会重新获得 – 什么?
我将会提议你去监督驻军
And I’ll propose that you look after the garrison.
驻军? – 这不够,庞培
– The garrison? – This won’t do, Pompey.
你还没把这件事提请元老院…….
– 我们不要在我的婚礼上
– You didn’t even put this before the senate. – Let’s not talk business…
谈生意……
at my wedding.
这可会招来厄运
It may tempt bad luck.
我要坦白一件事
I have a confession to make.
什么?
What’s that?
我们之前确实见过面
We did meet before.
更确切地说…
Or rather…
…我见过你 但你没见过我
I met you, but you didn’t meet me.
在庞培的凯♥旋♥式上
It was at the Pompey’s triumph.
你昏倒了
You fell.
除了我以外, 没人看到
Nobody saw it but me.
我抱着你是为了确保你不会伤到自己 -谢谢
– I held you to make sure you wouldn’t hurt yourself. – Thank you.
这让我很惭愧
It shames me.
我永远不知道它什么时候会发生
I never know when it’s going to happen.
许多人相信那些有这种特殊状况的人
Many people believe that those who have the condition…
是神圣的
are holy,
收到了众神祝福
blessed by the gods.
也许吧
Perhaps.
你认为我们两个面孔混合在一起的孩子会是什么样子?
What do you suppose a child of both our faces blended together would look like?
我认为它看起来会很漂亮
I think that it would look rather beautiful.
你觉得呢?
Do you?
你想一探究竟吗? -想
– Is it something you’d like to find out? – Yes.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
就像我知道我的名字一样确定.
I am less sure about my own name than I am about this.
我的住所很杂乱 – 没事, 我们有仆人
– I am terrible around the house. – We have servants.
我不喜欢聚会,因为上♥床♥很早 – 我和你一起
I’m not one for parties. I go to bed early. – I’ll follow you.
凯撒…
Caesar…
你必须给我一个承诺 – 只要能让你高兴
– You must make me a promise. – Anything you like.
你要活着从这场战争中回来
Come back from this war alive.
我向你保证
I promise you.
还要快.
And hurry.
这可是两个承诺
That’s two promises.
还要获胜.
And win it.
这是三个承诺了
That’s three promises.
现在轮到你答应我一件事了
Now it is your turn to promise me one thing.
我离开前你愿意嫁给我吗?
Will you marry me before I leave?
死了多少人? -大约23,000 凯尔特人
– How many dead? – In the region of 23,000 Celts.
罗马人呢? – 112
– And Romans? – 112.
我得准备他们在罗马的葬礼
I’ll have to prepare the burial back in Rome.
我们还不回罗马
We’re not returning to Rome.
我们要往北走
We’re going further north.
外面罗马的土地还有很多
There’s a lot more of Rome out there,
只是还没被叫做罗马而已
it just isn’t called Rome, yet.
罗马人!
The Romans are coming!
我们必须让凯撒撤退
We must tell Caesar to retreat.
我不会撤回我给了凯撒的东西
What I gave to Caesar, I will not revoke.
等等!放下你们的刀
Wait! Put down your blades.
你们为什么来这里?
Why have you come here?
这片土地是我们的,你们无权在这里
This land is ours, you have no right to be here.
你叫什么名字?
What is your name?
韦辛格托里克斯
Vercingétorix.
你留下来独自战斗? – 这是我的房♥子
– You stayed to fight alone? – This is my house.
我用自己的双手建造了它
I’ve built it with my own hands.
而你会把它烧掉
You’ve burned it down.
你可以走了
You’re free to go.
给我一匹马
Give me a horse.
你听到了
You heard him.
给他一匹马
Give him a horse.
亲爱的凯撒,
“My dear Caesar,
人们钦佩地谈论你
“the people speak of you with admiration.
人们钦佩地谈论你
有人称赞你的伟大 就像他们称赞庞贝一样
“Some call you ‘The Great’, as they called Pompey.
在市场上,当人们经过时,人们有时会向我低头
“In the market people sometimes bow to me as they pass.
我想你也会很高兴
“It will also delight you to know,
知道从政♥治♥开始的婚姻已经发展成为浪漫
“that the marriage that began as an advantage, has blossomed into romance.
看着茱莉亚和庞培一起,让我感到高兴和悲伤 你不在这里
“Watching Julia and Pompey together delights me and saddens me that you’re not here.
没人可以能比你的妻子更感到骄傲,凯撒
“No one could be prouder to be your wife, Caesar,
但在离开你这么久之后,
“but after so long without you,
我担心自己已​​经习惯了孤独
“I fear I’m getting used to my solitude.
快就回家 亲爱的
“Come home soon, my darling.
我会一直等你
“Until then I will be waiting.”
凯撒已经杀了30万凯尔特人
Caesar has killed 300,000 Celts.
凯撒杀死了30万凯尔特人
他袭击了那些向罗马和平纳税的村庄
He attacked peaceful villages, villages who pay taxes to the Roman state.
这简直难以容忍♥!
– It’s beyond toleration!
这就是你如何感谢罗马的伟大将军的吗?
– This is how you thank a great Roman general?
凯撒送了10万名奴隶回罗马
Caesar sent 100,000 slaves back to Rome.
你敢说你一个也没从里面拿吗
Are you saying you haven’t taken any of them?
从来自他那里来的,我本来也会从其他地方得到它们
If they hadn’t come from him I would have got them from somewhere else.
庞培,你必须感到担心
Pompey, you have to be worried.
他已经用你的军团战斗了三年
He’s been away three years fighting with your legions.
他加倍了他们的薪资
He’s doubled their salary.
他们现在完全忠于他
They are totally devoted to him.
各位大人,正如西塞罗所说的那样:
My lords, as Cicero has put it so well:
竭尽全力 保护国家
“Strain every nerve for the preservation of the state.
当心每个角落的可能来的风暴
“Look in every corner for the storms.
如果你没有及时看到它们,它们会突然袭击你
“They will burst upon you if you do not see them in time.”
我才想起他是谁!
I’ve just remembered who he is.
你在说什么?
– 那个人
– What are you talking about?
– That man.
马克安东尼?
– Mark Antony? – Yes.
逃离他的罗马债务人 在各省寻找财富
Running from his debtors in Rome to find wealth in the province.
像我们所有人一样 – 我可没有
– Like all of us. – Not me!
我带领的骑兵遭到了袭击 – 由谁?
– My cavalry has been attacked. – By who?
高卢部落的人, 他们死了14,000人 – 14,000?
– Gallic tribesmen. 14,000 dead. – 14,000?
还有很多人受伤 他们在一个人的领导下战斗
And many more wounded. They’re united under one leader.
他的名字是韦辛格托里克斯
His name is Vercingetorix.
他在哪? – 在阿莱西亚
– Where could we find him? – In Alesia.
行军多长时间? – 八天
– How long is the march? – Eight days.
韦辛格托里克斯就在城里, 他有18,000人
Vercingetorix is in there with 18,000 of his men.
它是高卢最强大的要塞
Its the most invincible stronghold in Gaul.
我们永远无法攻破它 – 我们不必攻破它
– We’ll never break it. – We won’t have to break it.
我们将围绕他们的城市建造一堵墙
We’ll build a wall around their city.
我们会把他们困在里面,饿死他们
We’ll trap them inside and starve them.
没有人建造过这么长的防御工事
Nobody ever built a fortification of that length.
那我们将成为第一个
Then we will be the first.
我们再不要浪费时间了
Let’s not waste time.
你想要什么?
What do you want?
我是来看庞贝的 -这里
– I’m here to see Pompey. – This way.
加图…… – 庞培
– Cato. – Pompey.
茱莉亚…
Julia.
什么风把你吹到比萨?