我不能跟你走
I’m not coming with you.
我要留在这
I’ll stay here.
他们会把你钉上十字架的
They will crucify you.
你已经长大成一个善良
You’ve grown into a fine woman,
有智慧,
intelligent,
充满了那些使罗马伟大的所有特质的女性了
full of everything that makes the Romans great.
但是我终究不是罗马人, 茱莉亚
But I am not a Roman, Julia.
– 我是一个奴隶.
– 你再也不是奴隶了!
– I am a slave.
– You’re not a slave any longer.
你自♥由♥了, 我现在就给你自♥由♥
You’re free. I’m freeing you now.
自♥由♥不是能被给予的
Freedom is not something you can be given.
他是你要自己去争取的
It’s something you have to take.
我应该早这样做的, 你很久以前就可以自♥由♥了
I should’ve done it earlier. You could’ve been free years ago.
我应该要问过我的父亲的
I should’ve asked my father.
他肯定会准许的
He would’ve granted it.
我从来没想过这有什么不同
But I never thought it would make a difference.
你一直都是自♥由♥的
It felt as that you were free.
我以为你很幸福
I thought you were happy.
是的, 我很幸福.
I was.
但是我追求的不是幸福
But it’s not happiness I’m seeking.
而是另一个东西
It’s something else.
是什么?
What?
尊严
Dignity.
你一直对我很好
You’ve been good to me.
你一直是我的家人
You’ve been my family.
但是现在, 他们也是我的家人
But they’re my family now.
我们都知道我们各自属于哪里,
We both know where we belong,
我应该在里面, 和他们在一起
and I belong in there with them.
有一天你会明白的, 亲爱的茱莉亚
One day you’ll understand, my dear Julia.
别了
Goodbye.
– 母亲……
– 嘘……休息
– Mother…
– Shh… rest.
我在那时,发生了一些事
Something happened to me there.
这仅仅是一个病痛, 没有别的
It’s an affliction, no more, no less.
你的祖父曾经遭受了同样的诅咒但是他活到了晚年
Your grandfather suffered the same spells and lived into old age.
不不, 还有别的
There’s something else.
在它发生之前, 我看着庞培
Before it happened I was watching Pompey.
他曾经是我的朋友
He’s been a friend to me,
我们像兄弟一样轻松地交谈
and we speak together easily like brothers,
然而,我们却大不相同了
yet we couldn’t be more different.
他是一位伟大的军队领袖
He’s a great army leader.
他的行省使他成为最富有的人, 罗马最有权势的人
His province has made him the richest and most powerful man in Rome.
你父亲希望你成为一名政♥治♥家,现在你是罗马的一个执政官
Your father wanted you to be a statesman and now you are a consul of Rome.
这已经超出他的期望了
That would have been beyond his dreams.
我需要一支军队
I need an army.
来把自己变成庞培?
To turn yourself into a Pompey?
你如何支付和养活这样一支军队?
How would you pay and feed such an army?
你的执政官生涯已经花了一大笔钱
Your consulship already costs a fortune.
是的,我是执政官, 我也确实破产了
Yes, I am consul, and I am broke.
今天你的病情发作得比过去更严重
Your attack today was stronger than usual.
还有其他的东西,母亲
There was something else, mother.
这次发作还有其他不同的,
This attack was different in other ways.
怎么不同?
How?
我看到一些东西
I saw something.
那一刻我看到了一些东西
I saw something at that moment.
不只是和我自己有关
Not just about myself,
而是与整个人类有关
but about the whole humankind.
我看到了我们是如何固步自封的
How we keep ourselves small.

然后我意识到我以前从没有从中受到启发
Then I realized I have not been inspired,
当我看到庞培时,我发现他也没有受到启发
and as I watched Pompey I saw that he was not inspired.
而且他永远不会受到启发
And he would never be inspired.
于是我意识到庞培和我之间的不同
And I realized the difference between Pompey and me.
庞培只不过是达成了一些成就,
Pompey has merely done something,
但我,是为了某个目标而生.
but I am for something.
我需要军团
I need legions.
庞培有军团
Pompey has them.
他会借给我
He will lend them to me.
为什么庞培会这样做,这会削弱他自己的力量
Why would Pompey do that, diminishing his own power?
你能为他提供什么能比得上军队的东西呢?
What could you offer him in return to equal the value of an army?
茱莉亚
Julia.
我听说了发生在阿波罗尼乌斯的身上的事, 我很抱歉
I’m sorry for what happened to Appolonius.
我也很喜欢他
I felt great affection for him as well.
我们相信我们先辈的智慧
We trust in the wisdom of our forefathers
以及他们制定的法律. 而我,加图,信任他
and in their laws. And I, Cato, trust in him.
向庞贝直径!
Hail, Pompey!
小加图,你真是太恭维我了
Cato, you flatter me.
但让我们赞扬另一个人
But let us give credit to another man…
因为我不可能在安心地在海上作战,
for I could not have fought a war across the sea…
如果我心理不清楚有人正守护着罗马的安全的话
without knowledge that Rome was in safe hands here at home.
为此,我们要感谢我的朋友和共同执政官,
For that we owe a debt of gratitude to my friend and fellow consul,
盖乌斯·尤利乌斯·凯撒!
Gaius Julius Caesar!
向凯撒致敬!
Hail, Caesar!
这是我的女儿朱莉
This is my daughter, Julia.
是的,我知道,我们见过面了
Yes, I know. We’ve met.
如果你能给我们朗诵一首,那将会是我们家族莫大的荣幸
It would honor my house if you would give us a recitation.
不会要当着这么多人的面吧?
Not in front of so many people?
你曾经在更多人面前朗诵过呢.
You’ve done it in larger groups than this.
父亲,我可一点准备都没有
Father, I assure you that I’m not prepared for it.
来…
Ah, come, come.
凯撒的女儿会为我们朗诵
The daughter of Caesar will recite for us.
今晚,
“Tonight…
站在我身边,和我一起赞美
“stand beside me and praise with me…
一个对我和诸神都很重要的人
“a man dear to me and to the gods,
他远胜于迈锡尼那些
“mightier in victory than the kings of Mycenae…
骑着金毛的战马的国王们
“with their golden haired horses,
比那些在特洛伊海岸肆虐
“and stronger from war than the battle ghosts…
比战场幽灵们更强大
“that ride the shores of Troy.
听我说,
“Hear me,
勇敢之人的孩子们
“sons of bold-headed men,
听我歌♥颂
“hear me sing the victory…
一个对我和诸神都很重要的人的胜利
“of a man dear to me and to the gods.”
– 真的没事
– 不,这不是你的错
– It’s really nothing.
– No, it’s not your fault.
我不确定是谁的错,但我向你保证,我会找到他,让他受到严厉的惩罚
I’m not sure who’s fault it is, but I assure you I will find out and he will be punished severely.
谢谢你,执政官
Thank you, consul, you’re very kind.
你叫什么名字? – 卡尔珀尼亚
– What’s your name? – Calpurnia.
来自哪个家族? – 卢修斯 皮索
– From which house? – Lucius Piso.
我很抱歉盯着看,我在想, 也许我们……
I’m sorry for staring. I thought perhaps we…
……以前在某个地方见过
met somewhere before.
你想一起吃吗?
Would you like to eat together?
我很荣幸
I’d be delighted.
现在什么时候了
What hour do you call this?
我想这是第五个小时
I think it’s known as the fifth hour.
是的,太阳快出来了
Yes, the sun is coming up.
没错,我和他出去了
You’re right, I was out with him.
我们喝酒,吃饭,玩乐
We drank and ate and had entertainment.
他关心我 – 啊,是的,但是他的年龄是你的两倍
– He cares for me. – Ah, yes, he’s twice your age.
但是他也是你的朋友
And your friend. Remember?
是的,他是我的朋友
Yes, he is my friend.
我只是想知道,他是否尊重你
I just want to know if he treats you with respect.
我喜欢他……真的
I like him, I do.
我还不爱他,但是,
I don’t love him not yet, but…
……将来可能会
that may come.
你为什么这么做?
Why are you behaving in such a manner?
他是执政官
He is consul.
他是罗马第一人
He’s the first man in Rome.
他还拥有军团
He has legions.
你的要价太高了
Your price is high.
要加? 一个父亲给女儿嫁妆可是传统噢
Price? It’s customary for the father to offer a dowry.
你知道我没有什么可以给你的