Rome should go hungry because Cato can’t find a single man he can trust.
不是所有有军队的人都会想占领整个国家的
Not every man with an army would take the state.
不是每个人都是苏拉
Not every man is a Sulla.
有些人受环境支配,但有些人的性格却能使环境屈从于他们的意愿
Some men are ruled by circumstances, but men of character bend circumstances to their will.
他们很自然的,就能达成他们的愿望
They make nature behave in such a way that their will is carried out on this earth.
他们和环境对抗
They defy the eviroments.
有时挑战他们自己的本性
And sometimes defy even their own base of nature…
只为了看到他们的理想能偶实现
in order to see that their ideals come alive before their eyes.
庞培就是这样的一个人
Pompey is such a man.
你们中经历过的人知道, 有一件事限制了国家的发展
Those of you who have lived know that one thing alone keeps a nation small.
那就是内战
Civil strife.
部落间相互战斗,而不是团结在一起
Tribes fighting tribes rather than banding together in one arm of power.
只要我们还在这个大厅里争论
As long as we fight in this room…
不停寻求个人的胜利,寻求小报复,
seeking personal victories, enacting petty revenges,
罗马将永远不会强大!
Rome will stay small!
我提议我们把意见搁置一边, 让一种情感统治一段时间
I propose we put our opinions aside and let one feeling rule us for a time:
那就是罗马之爱
The love of Rome.
我建议将我们的力量合到一处
I propose we put our strengths together to become a force…
成为一支世界上从未出现过的力量.
the world has never seen.
我建议让一个人,
I propose you let a man…
一个人,带领我们走出黑暗
a single man, lead us out of the dark.
00:48:03,597-》 00:48:04,6♥4♥0
我推荐庞培
I propose Pompey.
赞成的人请举手
All those in favor.
我们可以进去吗? 你说过我们可以的
Can we come inside? You said we could.
为什么要进去呢? 里面只有一群积满灰尘的老元老
Why? There’s nothing but a bunch of dusty old senators in here.
执政官在这吗
Is the consul in there?
当然, 这位是执政官 格涅乌斯 庞培
Yes, this is consul Gnaeus Pompey.
请问这位是谁
And who is this?
我的女儿, 茱莉亚
This is my daughter Julia.
还有阿波罗尼乌斯, 我们家的智囊
And Appolonius, the wisdom of our household.
你知道吗,你♥爸♥爸刚证明了他可以随时抢走我的饭碗呢
Don’t you hear? Your father has just proved worthy that he’ll my job one day.
– 但是你不要觉得这很好玩
– 为什么呢
– But don’t think it’s all fun.
– Why?
因为他会永远被这群人围着
Because he’ll always have these men around.
他们看起来很傻,对吧
They are silly-looking, aren’t they?
等我回来再见
I’ll see you when I return.
凯♥旋♥
In triumph.
阿波罗尼乌斯说我们死后灵魂将到一个任何东西都完美的地方
Appolonius says that when we die our soul goes to a place where everything’s perfect.
所有的鸟都是完美的
All the birds are perfect birds,
所有的圈都是完美的圆形
all the cycles are perfectly round.
数年后
YEARS LATER
– 马库斯!
– 茱莉亚
– Marcus!
– Julia.
茱莉亚……看看你
Julia… look at you.
布鲁图斯,醒醒,你来告诉茱莉亚,她看起来多么美丽
Brutus, wake up and tell Julia how beautiful she looks.
– 漂亮
– 你喜欢吗?
– Beautiful.
– Do you like it?
为庞贝的凯♥旋♥而盛装打扮…
All dressed for Pompey’s triumph.
阿波罗尼乌斯回来了吗, 我想和他谈论柏拉图
Has Appolonius returned? I wanted to talk to him about Plato.
不, 他还没有回来
No, he hasn’t returned.
我打赌他准时跑去和反叛的奴隶一起作战了
I bet he ran off to fight with the rebel slaves.
他们可不像阿波罗尼乌斯
These rebel slaves are not like Appolonius.
他们没受过教育, 也没有美满的家庭
They aren’t educated men with happy homes.
我们听说一个摩尔的厨子一个月前逃跑了
Well, we heard a Moorish cook who ran off a month ago.
听说他加入了叛军, 现在已经是一名指挥官了
We heard he joined the rebels and that he was made commander.
从厨子到指挥官, 这能激励他们很多人
“From cook to commander” is their inspiring.
你说话的语气就像这是一场游戏一样
You talk as if it’s a game.
我没这样觉得
I don’t.
想想吧, 罗马有一半的人口是奴隶
Think about it. At least half of the population of Rome is made up of slaves.
要是有一天他们全都反叛呢
And what would happen if they all decided to rebel?
那就是罗马的末日啊
It would be the end of Rome.
罗马必须采取措施
Rome had to act.
你的意思是?
What do you mean?
庞培
Pompey.
– 他在回罗马的路上, 战胜了20,000的叛军
– 哎! 谁和我一起去
– He defeated 20,000 of them on his way back to Rome.
– Attention! Who’s going with me?
你们都不想和罗马的执政官一起去吗
None of you wants to join the counsel of Rome, mhmm?
无意冒犯,父亲,但你真的认为我们真的会和你的选民们一起簇拥着跟着你吗
No offense, father, but do you really think we’re going to trail along with your electors around?
罗马最伟大的将军回来了,
Rome’s greatest general returns and…
– 我们想要跟着他自♥由♥奔跑……
– 啊, 对噢, 跑吧跑吧
– we want to be free to run and follow him.
– Oh, yes, run, run.
去吧, 玩得开心
Go enjoy yourselves.
– 来吧
– 谢谢你,执政官
– Come on.
– Thank you, consul.
布鲁图斯?你不和他们一起去吗?
Brutus, aren’t you going with them?
– 我想把它归还给阿波罗尼乌斯
– 这是什么?
– I wanted to return this to Appolonius.
– What is this?
啊,是的,这是柏拉图的《论法律》
Ah, yes, Plato’s law.
– 你读了吗?
– 读了
– Did you read it?
– Yes.
然后呢?
And?
柏拉图认为民♥主♥注定要失败
Plato thinks that democracy is doomed to failure.
他认为国家应该由独♥裁♥者来管理
He thinks that a state should be run by a dictator.
一个有经验的,开明的独♥裁♥者
A dictator who’s become enlightened through experience and learning.
我不认为柏拉图能和你的叔叔加图相处
I don’t think Plato would get along very well with your uncle Cato.
– 布鲁图斯!赶快!
– 来吧!
– Brutus! Hurry up!
– Come on!
快来!
Come on!
去吧赶上你的朋友们,不然你就不得不跟我一起去了
Hurry and catch up with your friends or they left you to come along with me.
仪式上见
See you at the ceremony.
快来
Hurry up!
再见,父亲
Goodbye, father.
准备好了吗, 是时候了
You’re ready? It was about time.
你听说了吗…
you know what I heard?
庞培
Pompey!
庞培
Pompey! Pompey! Pompey!
谢谢
Thank you for your kindness.
现在让我来照顾我的儿子..
Let me take care of my son now.
他们是谁
Who are these people?
俘虏
Prisoners.
海盗?
Pirates?
海盗和奴隶, 反叛的奴隶
Pirates and slaves. Rebellion slaves.
阿波罗尼乌斯! 阿波罗尼乌斯!
Appolonius! Appolonius!
肮脏的反叛者
Dirty rebels!
阿波罗尼乌斯!
Appolonius!
执政官!
Consul!
执政官!
Consul!
退后!
Step back!
等等
Wait.
说吧
Speak.
我有一个朋友在那群奴隶俘虏中
I have a friend among the slave prisoners.
我请求你释放他
I ask you to free him.
你是?
And who are you to deserve such favor?
我是茱莉亚,
I’m Julia, daughter of Gaius Julius Caesar,
– 你的同事盖乌斯 尤利乌斯 凯撒 的女儿.
– 啊, 执政官的女儿
– your fellow consul.
– A consul’s daughter.
你难道不知道对抗罗马的人就是罗马的敌人, 被钉上十字架吗
Didn’t you know that those who choose to fight against Rome are Rome’s enemies and will be crucified tomorrow?
阿波罗尼乌斯是我的老师, 他不是罗马的敌人
Appolonius was my teacher, not an enemy of Rome.
我学到的所有美好的正派的东西都是他教的
Everything good and decent I have ever learned has been taught to me by him.
请您饶了他吧
You must spare him.
请看在我的面上
For my sake.
准了
Consider your wish granted.
带她去角斗场, 然后把那个叫阿波罗尼乌斯的奴隶交给他合法的主人
Take her to the holding pits and release the slave Appolonius into the custody of his lawful owners.
是
Yes, sir.
谢谢您, 执政官
Thank you, consul.
谢谢您
Thank you.
阿波罗尼乌斯!
Appolonius!
是茱莉亚吗
Is it Julia?
阿波罗尼乌斯
Appolonius.
我来带你回家
I’ve come to take you home.