So we taught each other a thing of two.
告诉我,如何到达你现在的位置
Tell me how to get where you are now.
别告诉我救你是错误的决定
Don’t tell me I was wrong to hope you were spared.
我有东西要奉献给罗马
I have something to give to Rome,
但我没有话语权
but I have no voice.
如果你想在罗马发声,
If you want a voice in Rome,
赢得人♥民♥, 说出你的真心
win the people, speak from your heart.
当你做出承诺时,请信守它!
And when you make a promise, keep it.
庞培…
Pompey…
我向你保证 如果有一天你需要我的帮助…
I promise you: If you ever need my help…
…只需要给我一个信♥号♥♥, 我就会来帮你的
just give me a sign, I’ll come to your aid.
– 男人的希腊语
– Andros.
– Man.
– Andros.
– 女人
– Gyne.
– Woman.
– Gyne.
– 奴隶
– Slave.
凭你的记忆.
From memory.
– 我为什么要学希腊语?
– 因为希腊是全世界最伟大的文化
– Why do I have to learn Greek?
– Because it’s the greatest culture the world has ever known.
– 比罗马还伟大吗
– 当然
– Better than Rome?
– Much.
所以就算一个希腊奴隶, 也比罗马的自♥由♥人强咯
So is a Greek slave better than a Roman free man?
我满足于做我自己
I’m content to be what I am.
你可以从中得到你自己的结论
You can draw your own conclusions from that.
– 但你更想要自♥由♥
– 当然, 所有人都想要自♥由♥
– But you’d rather be free.
– Well, all men would rather be free.
因为那样的话你可以做你想做的事情?
Because then you could do what you wanted.
就算我是奴隶, 我也可以做我想做的
I can do what I want to do, even as a slave.
然而有些人认为他们是自♥由♥的, 其实他们完全不是
And some men who think they’re free, are not free at all.
他们被自己的思维限制了
They’re bound by their own poor ideas.
如果你是我的奴隶的话, 我会还你自♥由♥的
But if you were my slave I would set you free.
– 茱莉亚
– 父亲
– Julia.
– Father!
如果你还给他自♥由♥的话, 你就没有老师了
If you set him free I would’ve no one to educate you.
他拥有自♥由♥的话也可以教我的
He could educate me just as same as if he were free.
是的, 当然, 但是我就付不起他的薪资了
Oh, yes, but then I couldn’t afford him.
噢, 天哪, 快
Sweet gods! Come quick!
科妮莉亚
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚, 醒醒
Cornelia, wake up.
请不要离开我
Oh, please, stay with me.
科妮莉亚
No. Cornelia!
醒醒
Please, wake up.
求你了
Please.
噢, 诸神啊
Oh, god!
我叫尤利乌斯·凯撒
My name is Julius Caesar.
我来这里是为了纪念我的妻子科妮莉亚……
I’m here to honor my wife, Cornelia,
……公开的,最后一次
publicly and for the last time.
她是个优秀的女性
She was a good woman.
她从没想在意过自己的幸福
She gave no thought to her own wellbeing,
只为了别人的幸福
only to the wellbeing of others.
罗马是她第一次也是最伟大的爱
Rome was her first and greatest love.
我们分享了这份爱
We shared that love.
我们梦想着没有独♥裁♥者的罗马
We dreamt of a Rome without dictators,
儿子从不会被迫对抗他的父亲
where sons never raise their hands against fathers,
兄弟们从不向兄弟们举起剑
where brothers never raise their swords against brothers,
罗马人与罗马人和平相处
where Romans lived at peace with fellow Romans by their sides.
我现在请你们和我一起,
So I ask you now to join with me…
不仅要悼念我的好妻子,
in honoring not only the memory of my good wife,
更是为了悼念所有为罗马未来而牺牲的男人和女人
but in memory of all the good men and women who have died fighting for a better Rome.
罗马人♥民♥啊,我,尤利乌斯 凯撒,
People of Rome, I, Julius Caesar,
在我的爱妻的尸体旁承诺
make you this promise on the body of my beloved wife:
我不会停歇,直到她梦想的罗马成为现实
I will not rest until the Rome she dreamed of is the Rome we live in.
加入我
Join me!
因为我不仅是我们爱戴的马略的侄子,
for I’m not only the nephew to our beloved Marius,
他为反对苏拉的邪恶而失去了生命
who fought against the evils of Sulla until Sulla took his life from him,
我还是尤利乌斯家族的孩子,
but I’m also a son of the Julians,
他是维纳斯女神的后裔
who was descendent of the goddess Venus herself.
我向你伸出我的手
I offer you my hand.
凡人中至高无上的权力,
A power supreme among mortal men,
由诸神赐予我的, 比国王更加高贵的权利
granted by the gods, superior to kings.
让我们一起努力,同志们,
Let us work together, comrades,
去追寻一个帝国,一个无限的,
in our quest for an empire, that is boundless,
团结的, 而且自♥由♥的帝国!
united… and free.
我们得看着点他
We shall have to watch him.
或者我们正好可以利用他
Or use him.
– 早上好,凯撒……
– 早上好
– Good morning to you, Caesar.
– Good morning, sir.
凯撒万岁
Hail, Caesar.
凯撒
Caesar.
– 早上好
– 早上好
– Good morning to you.
– Good morning.
你好凯撒, 茱莉亚,我有东西给你
Greetings, Caesar. Hey, Julia, I have something for you.
现在……嗯, 这个
Now then… ah, here.
我希望它可以让你微笑
And I hope it will make you smile.
这是几周以来我第一次看到你笑
That’s the first I’ve seen you smile in weeks.
从我的摊子上离开
Get away from my stand.
你们都住手!
Stop it all of you!
对此他根本无能为力
There is nothing he can do about it.
– 发生了什么?
– 面包的价格增加了两倍
– What happened?
– The price of bread has tripled.
– 罗马没有粮食了
– 为什么?
– There is no grain in Rome.
– Why?
埃及的粮食供应被海盗切断了
Because the grain supply from Egypt was cut off by pirates.
半数罗马人都没有面包
Half of Rome is without bread.
整座城市几乎陷入恐慌
The city is close to panic.
只有非常富有的人才能买♥♥得起面包
Only the very rich can afford bread.
我们现在必须打败,否则罗马将永远无法站起来了
We must fight the pirates now or Rome will be crippled forever.
我建议授予庞培军团, 让他一劳永逸地解决这件事
So I propose that Pompey be given legions to attack this problem once and for all.
问题不是要打击海盗,
It’s not a question of weather or not we fight pirates,
而是该如何去打
it’s a matter of how.
我建议装备十个小型军队来对抗海岸不同地区的海盗
I propose we equip ten small armies to fight the pirates at different parts of the coast.
这样到时候海盗仅仅能摧毁罗马一二吗?
So the pirates can destroy Rome one two by the time?
海盗是一群没有受过教育的流氓
The pirates are a bunch of uneducated hoodlums.
我认为他们几乎无法抵抗任何规模的罗马式攻击
I hardly think they could stand against a Roman assault of any size.
让我们讨论事实, 先生们
Lets talk about the way things are, gentlemen,
而不是我们的想象
not about the way we would like them to be.
我可以证明这些拾荒者构成的威胁, 我自己就是他们攻击的受害者
I can attest to the threat posed by these scavengers. I was a victim of one of their assaults myself.
或许你会用你的海上故事来取悦我们,盖乌斯·尤利乌斯
Then perhaps you will regale us with your sea stories, Gaius Julius,
等到元老院的工作都完成以后
in the tavern, after the work of the senate is done.
元老院的工作几乎都没有完成过.
The work of the senate is rarely done.
你看我们水域里不仅仅是上千的海盗, 而有上万人
You see there are not thousands of pirates in our waters, but hundreds of thousands,
而且不是所有的团伙都只有一艘船
and not all of rogue bands playing on single vessels.
他们有海盗将军, 海盗王
There are pirate admirals, sea kings,
他们有更多的船只, 有甚至比我们的海军更精于海战的部队
with thousands of ships and troops more skilled in naval combat even than our own.
这种冠冕堂皇的演说一点用都没有
Pretty speeches like this won’t even cook our lunch.
是的, 就像元老院一样没用
No, speeches do as little work as the senate.
这个傲慢的新人怎么敢侮辱这个神圣庄严的团体?
How dare this arrogant newcomer insult this august body?!
不仅庄严, 而且肥胖, 比布卢斯, 就像你的身体一样
August and plump, Bibulus, like your own body,
因为闲聊和毫无作为而肥胖.
fat from idle chatter and inactivity.
够了……够了……够了!
Enough. Enough. Enough!
我们中有一个人可以解决海盗
We have a man in our company who can resolve this conflict with the pirates.
但是我们有没有交给他这个荣耀呢? 没有
But do we honor him with that duty? No.
我赞同凯撒,我们没有面包
I’m with Caesar. We have no bread.
我们是成为一个伟大的帝国,还是我们将被这些不法之徒主宰?
Now are we a great empire or are we going to be ruled by outlaws?
为了执行这项任务,
To perform this commission,
庞培将得到比苏拉当初用来占领罗马时
Pompey will have to be given an army twice the size
两倍的军队
of the one Sulla used to take Rome.
我知道了
I see.
罗马人就应该饥肠辘辘, 因为加图没法相信任何人