– Sir, they’ve been convicted for it.
– I know how these things work.
你与他们分成
You share the profits with these men.
你付给我丰厚的报酬,我绝不为了一枚金币而冒生命危险的
You pay me well. I would never risk my life for a gold coin.
这是地方法官的裁决, 金匠已经承认了
This is the magistrate’s testament the goldsmiths have confessed.
弗拉维乌斯与此毫无关系
Flavius had nothing to do with it.
你想告诉我, 一个每天经手这么多黄金的人,
Are you trying to tell me that a man who handles so much gold…
从来没有偷偷拿一块放进口袋里吗?
never put a piece into his pocket?
他已被证明是无辜的,来,这需要你的签名
He’s been proven innocent. This needs your signet.
– 掐死他
– 等等!
– Strangle him.
– Wait!
他已被证明是无辜的
He’s been proven innocent.
那么,我只是不同意这个判决
Well, I just disapprove of the verdict.
苏拉…
Sulla…
他是个好人, 而且他是我介绍来的
He’s a good man, and he’s here on my introduction.
请允许我为他担♥保♥并保护他
Allow me to vouch for him and protect him.
你可以随心所欲地为他担♥保♥
Allow me to vouch for him and protect him.
但你不能保护他
but protect him you can’t.
偷窃的惩罚是绞刑.
The penalty for theft is strangulation.
– 掐死他 –
– 审断中似乎有错.
– Strangle him.
– There seems to be an error of judgment.
我的审断吗?
My judgment?
庞培…
Pompey…
你变得非常挑剔
You’re becoming very critical.
你想超越我 只是在等待时机
You want to rise above me, you’re just waiting for your chance.
那些人崇拜冉冉升起的太阳 而不是夕阳
Those men worship the rising sun and not the setting sun.
俗话是这样说的,不是吗?
That’s how the saying goes, isn’t it?
但我现在还不是夕阳,与此同时……
But I am not the setting sun, not yet. And in the meantime…
……我希望你能服从我的愿望,不管你能理解……
I expect you to subordinate yourself to my wishes weather you understand them…
…还是不能理解.
or not.
掐死他!
Strangle him!
等等…
No…
你…
You!
你来
You will strangle him.
不
No.
我是不是听到了,你听见他说不了吗?
Did I hear… Did you hear him say no?
啊,亲爱的将军啊
Ah, my dear general.
我叫你掐死弗拉维乌斯, 你就要掐死弗拉维乌斯
I asked you to strangle Flavius and strangle Flavius you will.
你会赤手空拳掐死他
And you will do it with your own bare hands.
掐死弗拉维乌斯 否则你自己会被掐死
You will strangle Flavius or you yourself will be strangled.
掐死他!
Strangle him!
现在就掐死他!
Strangle him now!
我不容忍♥有人违背我的命令!
I will not have my orders disobeyed!
我发誓……
I swear to…
埃及的一个王子, 出身高贵
A prince of Egypt, noble of stature.
来, 先生来看看
Pick this, sir, for a gentleman as yourself, sir.
嗯, 好的
Ah, yes, sir.
这个年轻女孩, 刚从北方来的
This young girl, new from the North.
她们很会取悦主人, 而且你还可以亲自调♥教♥她
They’ve special ways of delighting their masters,
and yet enough to teach her a few of your own.
啊, 不, 这些人搬一篮子葡萄酒都费劲
Oh, no. No, no, no, sir.
These are hardly able to lift a bucket of wine unassisted.
而他, 则会否定你说的所有话.
He’ll disagree with everything you say.
他唯一会的, 只有所谓说话的艺术
He’s unfortunately skilled in the arts of the tongue.
你精通什么语言艺术?
In what arts of the tongue are you versed?
欧几里得和亚里士多德的艺术,
In the arts of Euclid and Aristotle,
语言的艺术
the arts of verse,
我可以背出大部分荷马的作品, 还有品达的所有作品
I can recite much of Homer from memory, and all of Pindar,
还有政♥治♥, 经济, 逻辑
in the arts of politics and estate, logic,
– 形而上学, 认知论, 修辞学, 诡辩
– 还有诡辩?
– metaphysics, epistemology, rhetoric and sophistry.
– Sophistry?
它难道不是表示你只会花里胡哨的句子吗
Uh, doesn’t that mean you know how to tell fancy lines?
先生, 模棱两可是一门学问
There is great power in ambiguity, sir,
并非所有人都会用他的优势来达到邪恶的目的
but not all men use its vantages to wicked ends.
你在有教授年轻人的经验吗
Are you experienced teaching the young?
有
Yes.
我更喜欢教老一些的人
I much prefer it to teaching the old.
– 这是为什么
– 因为他们表现出更多的智慧
– Why is that?
– Because they exhibit more wisdom.
父亲…
Father.
你的朋友们是谁?
Who are your friends?
波西亚和马库斯 你不记得他们吗?
Portia and Marcus. Don’t you remember them?
当然,是小加图的孩子 只是没想到已经长这么大了
Of course, Cato’s children, just don’t grow them so much.
那是我们的表弟
That’s our cousin.
布鲁图斯…
Brutus.
– 你在读什么?
– “伦理学”
– What you reading?
– “Ethics”.
– 亚里士多德?
– 我的叔叔小加图给我的
– Aristotle?
– My uncle Cato gave it to me.
– 他怎么样?
– 他像往常一样脾气暴躁
– How is he?
– He’s as grumpy as ever.
– 他真是一点也没改变
– 母亲
– Hasn’t changed a bit.
– Mother.
父亲, 你从东方给我带了什么东西吗
Father, did you bring me anything back from the East?
我有给你带什么东西吗, 当然有
Did I bring you back anything? Yes.
我给你带来了他, 阿波罗尼乌斯
I brought you this. Appolonius…
这是我的女儿, 茱莉亚
This my daughter Julia.
阿波罗尼乌斯将是你的老师
Appolonius will be your teacher.
我的妻子呢
Where is my wife?
凯撒!
Caesar!
– 不要起床
– 我没病
– Don’t get up.
– I’m not ill.
让我穿好衣服
Let me get dressed.
我很好,我只是起床太快了
I’m well, I just got up too fast.
你不必穿好衣服, 让我们一起躺下
You don’t have to get dressed. Lets lie down together.
不,等等
No, wait.
只是…
Just…
科妮莉亚…
Cornelia…
我从来没有放弃等你
I never stopped waiting for you.
我从未停止想你
I never stopped missing you.
现在…
And now…
这里…
Here.
这不应该发生
This is not supposed to happen.
我回来了,亲爱的
I’m back now, my love.
两年太长了
Two years is just too long.
有些人和苏拉共事
There are those of you who work with Sulla,
你们当中也有人
and those of you who worked…
…反对他
against him.
但并非所有人都同意他的法律
But not all that worked with him agreed with his laws.
因此,我建议恢复护民官的权利
I therefore propose that the rights of the tribunes been restored,
这样人们可以再次得到公平的代表
so that once again the people can be fairly represented.
我提议彻底改革法♥院♥
I propose a thorough reform of the courts…
并且无条件恢复元老院
and an unqualified reinstatement of the senate…
作为政♥府♥的主要机构.
as the principal body of government.
凯撒!
Caesar.
很高兴看到你从另一场胜利中来
It’s good to see you fresh for another victory.
哦,他让我赢了 这让我感觉我老了
Oh, he let’s me win. It makes me feel old.
我很高兴看到你平安归来
I’m glad to see you made it back safely.
我听说你遇到了很多障碍
I hear you met with a number of obstacles.
是.幸运的是,你的尼科米底亚的朋友确实是一个好盟友
Yes. Fortunately your friend Nicomedes has proven to be a great ally.
我从来没有机会感谢你
I never had a chance to thank you…
救了我的命
for saving my life.
你违抗苏拉
You defied Sulla.
他让你和你妻子离婚,你说不,尽管这意味着死亡
He told you to divorce your wife and you said no,
even though you knew it means certain death.
这让我印象深刻
That impressed me.
而且它让我想起了一件事
And it… reminded me of something.
你知道,
You see, my friend,
苏拉曾让我和我的妻子离婚
Sulla once told me to divorce my wife,
与你不同的是,我服从了他
and unlike you I obeyed him.
我离开了我爱的那个女人
I left the one woman I loved.
生活真是充满了教训啊
Life is full of lessons.
所以我们都教给了对方一些事.