……只需要几个第纳尔
for a couple of dinars.
你为什么要求见我?
Why did you ask to see me?
你妈妈……她来找过我
Your mother, she came to see me.
所以她让你饶了我的命吗?然后呢? 你同意了?
Did she ask you to spare my life? And what? You agreed?
是的,我承诺说我会考虑的
I promised that I would consider it.
– 我应该感谢你?
– 不用
– And I’m supposed to be grateful to you?
– No.
– 她很感激我, 我们是老朋友了.
– 你今天才杀了很多老朋友们.
– She is. We’re old friends.
– You’ve killed a lot of old friends.
噢, 是的, 没错.
oh, yes, True, true true.
有些人在你面前还是老朋友, 转过身就从背后偷袭你.
Old friends in the day become fresh enemies at night.
你想要让我用什么来换回我的命?
What do you want in exchange for my life?
为什么你认为我想要东西交换?
Why do you think I want anything in exchange?
你什么都不用给,可以自♥由♥离开
Unlike you don’t give things away for free.
我不是没有同情心的人
I’m not a man without compassion.
我会帮助你的, 只要我可以
I will help you if I can.
但是首先,你必须了解你所犯罪的严重性.
First you must understand the gravity of the crime.
辛纳是我最大的敌人 而你帮助他逃跑了
Cinna was my greatest enemy, and you helped him to escape.
他成功逃跑了吗?
Did he?
当然没有
Of course not.
他从我的士兵手下逃跑了, 但是却被他自己的仆人杀了.
He did escape my soldiers, only to be killed by one of his servants.
– 我的妻子怎么样了?
– 她很好
– My wife?
– She’s well.
我不伤害女性.
I leave women to their health.
而你是辛纳唯一的儿子, 就算只是女婿,
And since you are only the son of Cinna by marriage,
我不打算伤害你.
I intend to leave you to yours.
如果…?
If…?
如果你和你的妻子离婚
If you divorce your wife.
怎么样?
Well?
– 不,我拒绝
– 你拒绝与妻子离婚
– No, I refuse.
– You refuse to divorce your wife,
即使付出生命?
even though it may cost you your life?
我的妻子是我的导师
My wife is my teacher.
她比我聪明,她比我更诚实,
She’s cleverer than I am. She’s more honest than I am.
她比你我,甚至你所谓的政♥权♥
She’s a more compelling argument than I am or you are…
更令人信服
or your office is.
我不会和她离婚
I won’t divorce her.
– 这就是我的答复
– 啊,庞培……
– That is my answer. – Oh, Pompey…
像这样的男人我们拿他怎么办?
what can we do with men such as this?
我不知道是该拥抱他,还是掐死他
I don’t know weather to embrace him or strangle him.
– 我觉得我们应该放他走
– 你说什么?
– I think we should let him go.
– What?
他的叔叔马略,是我最大的敌人
His uncle Marius was my greatest enemy.
你从他的眼睛里就能看出来, 他心里有十个马略
He’s got ten Marius’ inside him. Look at his eyes.
你想放他走?
You want to let him go?
你应该担心的是那些微笑和奉承的人
It’s the ones who smile and flatter you should worry about.
他说话毫不掩饰.
He speaks plainly.
你说话直来直去,对吗?
You do speak plainly, don’t you?
一直是这样.
Always.
告诉我…
Tell me…
如果有机会,你会杀了我吗?
would you kill me if you could?
好不犹豫
In an instant.
你可以走了
You can go.
我说你可以走了,你已经自♥由♥了
I said, you are free to go.
这个男孩到底有多大的野心啊
What a big heart that boy has.
明天早上把他的心带给我
Bring it to me in the morning.
所以苏拉打算在外面杀了我, 这样我的血不会弄脏他的脏地毯
Was this Sulla’s plan to slaughter me outside so I wouldn’t foul the carpet with my blood?
– 我是来警告你的
– 为什么?
– I came to warn you.
– Why?
如果你不离开罗马,我将不得不按照他的要求去做
Because if you don’t leave Rome I’ll have to do as he asked.
然后呢?
And?
我不想看到像你这样的人,年纪轻轻就死了..
And I don’t want to see men like you die young.
– 你对我有什么了解?
– 你拒绝了苏拉
– What do you know about me?
– You refuse Sulla.
总有一天我会告诉你更多的,如果有时间的话
I’ll tell you more some day when there is time,
但现在你必须离开罗马
but now you must leave Rome.
你的家人会很安全,拿着这个
Your family will be safe. Here, take this.
向东去比提尼亚 将此戒指给尼科米底亚的国王看,他将保护你
*比提尼亚, 古代小亚细亚西北部古王国, 今土耳其境内
Go east to Bithynia. Show this ring to king Nicomedes. He’ll will keep you safe in his service.
– 我可以信任你?
– 你不需要
– How do I know I can trust you?
– You don’t.
我不会把我的命运交给那个人
I’ll not hand my fate over to that man.
所以你会让他杀了你?
So you’d let him kill you?
他想杀我的话, 尽管让他试试, 我不会离开罗马的
He can try if he wants, I’m not leaving Rome.
你为什么这么固执!
Why must you be so stubborn?!
庞培本人为您提供帮助 你为什么不接受它?
Pompey himself came to offer you help. Why won’t you accept it?
他是苏拉的人,这可能是个阴谋
He’s Sulla’s man. It could be a trick.
– 你根本不相信任何人吗?
– 是的
– Don’t you trust anybody at all?
– Yes.
– 我信任你
– 那就听我的建议
– I trust you.
– Then listen to me.
你只是个普通人
You’re not the heaven and the earth. You’re just a man.
有些东西比你更伟大,比你更强
And some things are bigger than you are.
当你在监狱里……
When you were in jail…
…我以为你死了
I thought you were dead.
我开始为你哀悼
I started to grieve your death.
凯撒,我请求你, 不要让我为你哀悼了
I’m asking you to spare me that, Caesar.
当我知道我有机会拯救你的生命, 我却失败了
我怎么能接受呢
How can I live with myself if I knew I had one chance to save your life and I failed?!
– 这只猪卖♥♥吗?
– 你出价多少?
– Is this pig for sale?
– How much will you give me for it?
– 十第纳尔
– 对于一只猪来说有点多了
– Ten dinars.
– That’s good money for a swine.
我需要你帮我修整一下这只猪
He requires carving.
凯撒
Julius Caesar.
我们会把它喂狗
We will feed it to my dogs.
那是克里特岛的海岸
That’s the coast of Crete.
听说那里的统治者喜欢制定法律
The ruler there used to make up laws and then hang them so high that people couldn’t read them.
然后把它们挂得很高,人们甚至看不清上面写着什么
The ruler there used to make up laws and then hang them so high that people couldn’t read them.
如果他们违反了法律,他会毫不留情
And if they broke the law he’d show then no mercy.
今天,海岸被海盗洗劫了
Today the shores are infected by pirates.
我们需要抛锚在这里过夜
We need to anchor for the night.
父亲去哪了?
Where has father gone?
去了海的另一边.
To the other side of the water.
穿越海需要多长时间?
How long does it take to cross the water?
这取决于风速
It depends on the wind.
有时你可以在几天内穿过它
Sometimes you can cross it in days.
无风的时候,则可能动都不动
Sometimes if the air is still you may not move at all.
你不喜欢绳子绑的话,我们可以使用钉子
If you don’t like the ropes though, we could use nails.
这是罗马人喜欢这么做,不是吗?
It’s the Roman way, isn’t it?
你现在一个罗马人能收到多少赎金?
What kind of ransom do you get for a Roman these days?
两个塔兰特
Two talents.
但是我会付三个塔兰特来看一个罗马人淹死
But I’ll pay three to watch a roman drown.
让我活着,你可以得到50塔兰特
You’d get fifty for me alive.
谁去取呢?
And who would collect it?
他们去
They would.
嘿
Hey!
如果你的人……
If your men…
……黎明前没回来
你就死定了
you die.
你的时间到了,罗马人
Your time is up, Roman.
如果我和你们中的一个决斗赢了的话, 你再多等一天
I’ll fight one of you for another day.
多一天
That’s another day.
没有人会回来找这个罗马人
Nobody is coming back for this Roman.
把他扔进海里
Throw him in the sea.
船!
Ship!
五十个塔兰特
Fifty talents.
这笔钱碰巧在你的钱包被发现了?
And the money just happened to find it’s way into your purse?
先生,我从没偷过你的硬币
Sir, I never stole a coin from you.
我想是金匠们刚刚再次抢劫了我
And I suppose it was the goldsmiths who just happened to rob me again.
– 先生,他们已经被定罪了
– 我知道这些是什么样的