我今天放下自己的自尊来找你,
I swallow my pride today to come to you,
因为你的命比我的自尊更重要
because your life is more important to me than my pride.
现在你听我说……
– Now you listen to me…
元老院信任执政官
– The senate is convened for the consul.
没有他们的凯撒,他们不能进行一天的生意?!
They can’t conduct one day of business without their Caesar?!
议程上有些问题…
There are matters on the agenda…
只能由你凯撒来处理
– which can only be dealt with by you, Caesar.
他们可以等一天
They can wait a day.
那我该怎么告诉元老院?
And what should I tell the senate?
他们的执政官会留在家里 因为他的妻子做了一个糟糕的梦…
That their consul is at home, because his wife has had a bad dream?
作为你的朋友,凯撒,我必须就此提出建议
As your friend, Caesar, I have to advise you on this.
你召集了元老院
You called the senate together.
告诉他们你是一个有意向的人
Show them you’re a man of intention.
请与你的元老院见面
Meet with your senate.
他们正在等待你的指引
They’re waiting for your guidance.
我和他在一起的,女士
I’ll be with him, lady.
我会一直在他身边
I’ll never leave his side.
我稍后会来找你
I’ll come to you later.
凯撒万岁!
– Hail, Caesar! – Hail, Caesar!
波西亚…
Portia!
今天我不适合独自一人
I’m not fit to be alone today.
请坐
Sit down.
给我们倒点酒 – 是的,让我们来点酒
– Bring us some wine. – Yes, let’s have some wine.
我们今天有什么生意?
What business do we have today?
两次法律简报会,还有选举一名财务官,
Two legal briefings, an election for a questor, and the petitions from the senate.
让我们一起选举吧
Let’s get the election out of the way.
– 选举
The election.
我提议先接受请♥愿♥书
I move we take the petitions first.
我呼吁选举 选举将开始
I called for the election. The election will commence.
但是……
But, uh…
马库斯·奥克塔维亚斯,他还在前往会议室,还没到
Marcus Octavius who is running for the office is not yet here.
请♥愿♥者,请过来
Petitions it’s then. Approach.
我很高兴,今天凯撒和布鲁图斯在一起
I’m glad Caesar is with Brutus today.
为什么?
Why?
昨晚我梦见,他被刺死了
Last night I dreamt he was stabbed to death.
布鲁图斯…
Brutus.
凯撒,我请求饶恕我流亡的兄弟
Caesar, I ask mercy for my exiled brother.
你为什么要请求最近被拒绝的东西?
Why are you petitioning what so recently has been denied?
谁是下一个请♥愿♥者?
Who is the next petitioner?
我想请求饶恕我那被关进监狱的父亲
I want to ask mercy for my father who has been put in jail.
我判决你父亲入狱,我的话就是法律
I ruled your father be in prison and my word is law.
老头……
Old man,
你说的话预示着三月十五
you said some ill would befall Caesar on the Ides of March.
然而,三月十五来了,却什么都没发生
Well, nothing has happened yet, but the ides have come.
他们已经来了,而且他们还没有过去
They have come, but they’ve not yet gone.
我想请你的赦免,我伟大的凯撒
I want to ask for your pardon, my great Caesar.
我为你的灵魂祈祷
And I pray for your soul.
停下来!
Stop it!
凯撒!
Caesar!
凯撒被暗♥杀♥了!
Caesar has been assassinated!
布鲁图斯…
Brutus…
凯撒死后,罗马被内战震撼了15年
After Caesar’s death, Rome was shaken by civil wars for 15 years.
凯撒的暗♥杀♥者中没有一个能在他身上存活超过3年。他们都不是自然死亡
None of Caesar’s assassins survived him for more than 3 years. None of them died of natural causes.
卡西乌斯用他对付凯撒时用的匕♥首♥自杀了
Cassius killed himself with the same dagger he had used against Caesar.
布鲁图斯和他的叔叔卡托一样自杀
Brutus took his life in the same way as his uncle Cato.
波蒂西亚对布鲁图斯的死失去了理智。她吞下一块发光的煤自杀了
Portitia lost her mind about Brutus’ death. She killed herself by swallowing a glowing coal.
马库斯·安东尼乌斯和克利奥帕特拉坠入爱河。当凯撒的继任者奥古斯都试图抓捕他们时,他们自杀了
Marcus Antonius and Cleopatra fell in love. When Augustus, Caesar’s successor, tried to capture them, they committed suicide.
凯撒和克利奥帕特拉的儿子被奥古斯都下令谋杀
The son of Caesar and Cleopatra was murdered by order of Augustus.
卡尔珀尼亚再也没有结婚
Calpurnia never married again.