我想我知道如何软化布鲁图斯,
I think I know how to soften Brutus,
但我需要你的帮助
but I’ll need your help.
像我家一样,世界上没有和平
There is no peace in the world like in my house.
卡尔普尼亚…
Calpurnia.
你会用吻来迎接你的丈夫吗?
Would you greet your husband with a kiss?
解除他们
Dismiss them.
难道一个男人不能回到自己的家里,并期待他妻子的热情吗?
Can’t a man return to his home and expect a warmer mood from his wife?
你怎么能带她去罗马?
How could you bring her to Rome?
这是为了国家的利益
It was for the good of the state.
克娄巴特拉统治着非洲的很大一部分
Cleopatra rules a large part of Africa.
还有你们所有人
And all of you.
没人统治我卡尔珀尼亚
No one rules me, Calpurnia.
不是克娄巴特拉,也不是你
Not Cleopatra, not even you.
但我想要的是你的爱 结婚时你答应过的
But what I want is the love that you promised me when we married.
你不会拥有它 你能得到我的服从,能得到我的忠诚
You can’t have it. You can have my obedience, you can have my loyalty.
但我不会爱那些羞辱我的人
But I can not love those who dishonor me.
没人羞辱你
No one can dishonor you.
你是对的,我羞辱了我自己
You’re right. I dishonored myself…
当我向你许下结婚誓言的时候 – 你婚姻美满,你是凯撒的妻子!
– when I gave my vows to you in marriage. – You made a good marriage. You’re Caesar’s wife!
我应该嫁给凯撒以外的人,
I should’ve married a man other than Caesar.
那将是一段美好的婚姻
That would’ve been a good marriage,
那样我就不必每晚都看着我丈夫在埃及风流,
So I wouldn’t have had to watch my husband perform for Egypt every night,
为了保持那块土地的财富流入罗马
in order to keep the riches of that land flowing into Rome.
在你和克娄巴特拉之间,我不知道谁是妾!
Between you and Cleopatra, I don’t know who is the concubine!
保持你的尊严,
Retain your dignity.
听到你的声音将是有限的
There’s a limit to what I’ll hear from you.
我已经没有尊严了
I have no dignity left.
也许我应该买♥♥一些
Perhaps I ought to buy some.
也许我应该像你一样学习, 你可以被买♥♥卖♥♥
Maybe I should learn like you have, that you can be bought and sold.
价钱多少?这些天执政官的价格是多少?
What’s the price? What’s the price of consulship these days?
成为国王的代价是多少?
What’s the price of being king?
什么时候起,你的希望离开了人们的愿景,
When did your hope of bringing a vision to the people-
成为对权力本身的欲望?
become this lust for power itself?
是茱莉亚去世的时候吗?
Was it when Julia died?
我无处可去,我会待在这里
I’ve nowhere else to go, so I’ll stay here.
但我会和你分开,而不是作为夫妻
But I’ll live apart from you, not as man and wife.
愿诸神原谅我 我违背了我的婚姻誓言
May the gods forgive me for breaking my marriage vows…
但我祈祷他们原谅你,是因为你违背了
as I pray they forgive you for breaking yours.
你是个早起的人,布鲁图斯
You’re an early riser, Brutus.
你也是
So are you.
最近是
Lately I am.
昨晚我无法入睡,担心你名字的荣誉
I couldn’t sleep last night worrying about the honor of your name.
你知道这些吗?
Do you know something about these?
我知道这个文章,但不要问我是谁写的
I know the writing, but don’t ask me who wrote them.
在这些困难时期,思想会迅速改变
Minds change quickly in these troubled times,
我带你去怀疑这些的人那里
and I’d hate you to forever doubt these men.
哦,布鲁图斯,我尽我所能说服他们,说你是一个有名望的人,
Oh, Brutus, I’ve done my best to persuade them that you’re a man of honor,
虽然你不会保证阻止凯撒成为国王
though you wouldn’t pledge to keep Caesar from becoming king.
我向你保证,我会在元老院反对他
I gave you my pledge that I’d oppose him in the senate.
但我们中有人觉得用言语反对像凯撒这样的人
But some among us feel that to oppose a man like Caesar with words is the same thing as handing him the crown.
我会试着先礼后兵,卡西乌斯
I try to use words before the sword, Cassius,
就像我试图在激♥情♥之前运用理性一样
just as I try to use reason before passion.
人们说,在激♥情♥之前呼唤理性会导致懒散
People say, calling on reason before passion can lead to idleness.
有时需要采取必要行动
And sometimes action is required.
但我知道你是个正派的人
But I know you’re a decent man…
而你温顺的天性会让你觉得 与人为善是最好的
and that your meek and gentle nature is how you feel you best serve the good.
我在捍卫我的信仰时并不温和
I’m not gentle in defending my beliefs,
但你如何证明凯撒将会要求加冕
but you have given me no proof that Caesar will demand the crown.
你打算参加三月份的元老院吗?
Do you plan to be at the senate at the calendes of March?
不,我会在这里
No, I’ll be here.
他们说,在那一天,凯撒会成为国王
They say that on that day Caesar will move that he’d be made king.
如果有人叫我我就去
I will come if I am sent for.
哈哈!这就是他们的意思
This is what they mean.
人们说,当你被召唤而来而不是其他时候,会是一种软弱表现
People say that this is weakness to come when you are summoned, and at no other time.
接受像凯撒这样的暴君的恩惠
To accept the favors of a tyrant like Caesar.
他饶了我一命
He spared my life.
但他夺走了小加图的生命,
And took the life of Cato,
你妻子的父亲, 把你当成自己儿子一样
Your wife’s father, who treated you like a son.
她停止哀悼了吗?
Has she ceased her mourning?
没,我也没有
No, and neither have I.
所以你为小加图的死而悲伤
So you’re grieving over Cato’s death.
卡西乌斯,是的,我很悲伤
Cassius, yes, I’m grieving.
但我们应公私分明
But private affection and public duty are not the same thing.
然而他们说,在你悲伤的时候, 你只是哭泣和祈祷
And yet they say that in your grief you just weep and say the prayers,
填满你妻子的酒杯,然后上♥床♥睡觉
and fill your wife’s drinking cup, and go to bed.
当凯撒今晚来找你时,你会像他的孩子一样,也给他斟满酒…
And when Caesar comes to you tonight you’ll be like his boy, filling his cup as well.
谁在说这个?谁?
Who is saying this? Who?
我不代表凯撒
I don’t act for Caesar.
我代表罗马,…一直代表罗马
I act for Rome, always for Rome.
布鲁图斯,我已尽一切努力说服他们 说你是一个热爱罗马的实干家
Brutus, I’ve done everything to convince them that you’re a man of action and that you love Rome.
我曾多次在他们面前歌♥颂你赞美你,谴责那些反对你的人
I’ve spoken in your behalf many times singing your praise, as I’m condemning those who speak against you.
但是……有些人有想法
But some men have ideas.
他们会高度评价那些给予他们生活并将国王逐出罗马的人
They think highly of those who gave their lives to expel the kings from Rome.
你的祖先!他们只是普通人,而不是神
Your ancestors! And they were only men, not gods.
请不要留下来 – 我留下来
– Please don’t stay. – I am staying.
你为什么要折磨自己? – 我不会受到折磨
– Why do you want to torment yourself? – I won’t be tormented.
他会吗?
Will he?
这不是你想做的吗?
Isn’t that why you want me to go?
这对所有人来说都是最好的
It would be the best thing for all.
我不认为你或其他人 知道什么对罗马是最好的
I don’t trust that you or any other man knows what’s best for Rome.
我会坐下来
I will take my seat.
女人有权看见多样性,不是吗?
A woman has a right to see her rival, doesn’t she?
卡尔珀尼亚…
Calpurnia.
波西亚…
Portia.
罗马人,我们来这里庆祝凯撒的归来!
Romans! We’re here to celebrate the return of Caesar!
他的归来,不仅与陛下克娄巴特拉,还有埃及本身
He’s returned, not only with her majesty Cleopatra, but with Egypt itself,
他把整个世界的土地改造成最富饶的土地
where he has transformed the richest land in the known world.
现在这不仅仅是在埃及
It is now not only Egypt.
不仅在埃及……在罗马也是!
It is Egypt and it is Rome!
我之前说过,我会再说一遍:
I said before and I will say again:
我不会成为罗马的国王
I will not be king of Rome.
我只是凯撒
I am only Caesar.
我不需要王冠代表你们行事
I need no crown to act on your behalf.
你是否仍然认为这不仅仅是因为我们的原因?
Do you still believe that ours is not a just cause?
我与你们一起
I’m with you.
我们必须尽快行动
We have to act soon.
等凯撒恢复元老院秩序的时候
We will wait until Caesar brings the senate to order.
Lepide将呼吁选举
Lepidus will call for the elections.
卡斯卡,你会要求凯撒考虑请♥愿♥书
Casca, you will ask Caesar to consider the petitions first.
你,卡西乌斯, 会站在凯撒身后
You, Cassius, will step behind Caesar.
没人会拿出他的刀
No man should go for his blade…
直到我们都靠近凯撒
until we’re all within reach of Caesar.
每把刀必须至少插入凯撒的身体一次
Every knife must enter Caesar’s body at least once.
如果,..我们失败了,
And if we fail,
我们的计划甚至会在我们开始之前就被发现,
or if our plot is discovered before we even began,
然后我们毫不犹豫地自行了断,
then we turn our knives on ourselves, without hesitation.
…毫不犹豫 都同意了?
Are we all agreed?
为了元老院 我会去克娄巴特拉的家中见凯撒
We’ll do it at the senate. I will meet with Caesar at Cleopatra’s house.
走
Go.
布鲁图斯…
Brutus.
你为什么这样踱步?
Why are you pacing like that?
我担心我们会迟到的
I’m concerned we’ll be late.
凯撒!
Caesar!
卡尔珀尼亚,你在这做什么?
Calpurnia. What are you doing here?
我昨晚做了一个梦 请今天不要出去
I had a dream last night. Please don’t go out today.
我稍后会来我们家找你
I’ll come to you later, at our home.
我看到你被屠♥杀♥, 倒在自己的血液里
I saw you slaughtered, in your own blood.
太可怕了
It was horrible.
好吧,我不能让梦想或鸟类的飞行来指引我的行动
Well, I cannot let dreams or flights of birds direct my actions.
我不能让你走
I can’t let you go.