被凯撒贿赂了
By Caesar.
那就只剩下一个敌人了
There’s only one enemy left.
我是波提努斯, 首席法律顾问
I am Pothinus, chief of the ruling counsel.
以托勒密国王的名义,我欢迎你,凯撒
In the name of king Ptolemy, I welcome you, Caesar.
你的国王非常慷慨
Your king is very generous,
但正如你所看到的,我们没有带任何马匹
but as you can see, we haven’t brought any horses.
谷物是给你手下的士兵的
This grain is for your men, sir.
我的人会在室内吃饭,波提努斯
My men will eat indoors, Pothinus.
我相信你会在宫殿里非常好地安排我们
I’m sure you’ll put us up very comfortably, in your palace.
我会告诉你实话,凯撒
I’ll tell you the truth, Caesar.
托勒密担心自己的生命
Ptolemy fears for his life.
现在在埃及由很多反对者
There’s been a great deal of discord in Egypt.
所以他禁止所有访客
So he has forbidden all visitors.
当然,你在宫殿里非常受欢迎的
You, of course, are very welcome in the palace.
还有我的人
And my men.
还有你的人
And your men.
波提努斯,你应该不会替国王做决定吧?
Pothinus, you wouldn’t have anything to do with helping the king make his decisions,
对吧? – 国王是男孩,先生
– would you? – The king is a boy sir.
原谅他,还有请原谅我
Forgive him, and forgive me.
我们是你的盟友你的仆人,伟大的凯撒
We are your allies and your servants, great Caesar.
我们心中只有罗马的利益
We only have the interests of Rome in our hearts.
拿出礼物
Bring out the gift.
这是庞培的戒指……
This is Pompey’s ring.
他在哪里?
Where is he?
我们以为你会很高兴
We thought you’d be pleased.
对不起,凯撒
Excuse me, Caesar.
有一个仆人要见你,她说有来自克娄巴特拉的紧急消息
There is a servant with an urgent message from Cleopatra.
把她带来
Bring her.
请你解除你的警卫,如果你想听的话
If you want to hear the message you’ll have to dismiss your guard.
克娄巴特拉有什么如此重要?
What word from Cleopatra is of such importance?
克娄巴特拉请求您的保护
Cleopatra asks for your protection.
保护,为什么?
Protection? Why?
波提纽斯计划杀死她,就像庞培一样
Pothinus plans to kill her, as he did Pompey.
这就是为什么你伪装成自己的仆人……
Is that why you’re disguised as your own servant…
…克娄巴特拉?
Cleopatra?
凯撒,我来找你
I came to you, Caesar,
因为你是我唯一可信任的人
because you are the only man I can trust.
为什么波提纽斯想要杀你?
Why does Pothinus want to kill you?
我的父亲希望我统治埃及,
My father wanted me to rule Egypt.
他在遗嘱中写的
He wrote it in his will.
但是波提纽斯悬赏我的人头,把我放逐了
But Pothinus banished me with a price on my head.
现在任何仆人都可以杀了我并获得奖励
Now any servant can kill me and be rewarded for it.
凯撒…
Caesar…
你和我一样
You and I are alike.
你是维纳斯的儿子,我是伊希斯的女儿
You are the son of Venus, and I am the daughter of Isis.
你和我,生活在同样神圣的心跳中
You and I live by the same divine heart beat.
这就是为什么我们必须互相帮助 -你想勾引我吗?
– That’s why we must help each other. – Are you trying to seduce me?
我没有
I don’t try.
我勾引……
I seduce…
……或者不勾引
or I don’t.
我不必用我的身体勾引
I do not have to seduce with my body.
我有比这更好的东西
I have something much better than that.
我的国家…
My country.
……这是世界上最富饶的土地
It is the richest land in the world.
埃及和罗马不同
Egypt and Rome are different.
罗马是男性化的
Rome is masculine.
埃及是女性化的
Egypt is feminine.
罗马是阳光之城,埃及是暮光之城
Rome, is sunlight, Egypt is twilight.
但它还不是罗马的一部分
But it’s not part of Rome. Not yet.
让我成为女王,东西方将团结起来
Make me queen, and the east and west will be united.
我们将成为诸神和女神 统治世界
We will be god and goddess ruling the world.
你用蛇的舌头吻我
– You kiss me with the tongue of a serpent.
我必须测试你,看看你是否有毒
I must test you to see if you are poison.
有毒吗? – 没有,但我能尝出高卢的味道
– And am I? – No, but I can taste Gaul.
凯撒,你会和我一起留在埃及吗? -埃及能提供罗马没有的东西吗?
– Will you stay with me in Egypt, Caesar? – What does Egypt have to offer that Rome does not?
你听说过肥沃的新月吗?
Have you heard of the fertile crescent?
下面是这个地区吗? -就是它!
– Is it a region down below? – Indeed it is.
那里种植着什么?
What grows there?
我相信这个地区的肥沃土地,足以养活一个国王
I believe the region’s fertile enough to hutch a king.
如果你怀疑,可以尝试在那里种点东西!
If you doubt it, try planting something there.
只答应我一件事
Only promise me one thing.
当你回到罗马时,你对我来说一定是命中注定的
When you return to Rome, you must be fateful to me.
但我结婚了。我已经对你不忠了!
But I’m married. I’m already being unfaithful with you!
与我和政♥治♥相比,什么是婚姻?!-我们走吧
– What’s a marriage compared to me and politics?! – Let’s go.
在婚姻中,你把自己交给了一个女人
In marriage you give yourself to a woman.
在政♥治♥上,你像我们所有人一样撒谎
In politics you lie like all of us do.
你认为她的影响力是水平的吗?
You think that her influence is evel?
没有人比她更有野心了
No one is more ambitious than she is.
她愿意做任何事来实现她的目标
Ans she’ll do anything to achieve her aims.
有人说她是个女巫
Some say she’s a witch.
我想你在黑暗中躲得太久了
I think you’ve been skulking too long in the dark.
如果凯撒想当国王,你会阻止吗?
If Caesar wants to be king, would you prevent it?
他不想要王冠!
He doesn’t want the crown!
如果他这样做了呢?
What if he did?
我当然愿意做任何事把国王们挡在罗马之外
Of course I’ll do anything to keep the kings out of Rome.
至少从苏拉开始。暴♥政♥以他的死而告终
At least since Sulla. The tyranny ended with his death.
有了国王,统治权可以传给他的儿子,也可以传给另一个儿子,直到永远
With a king the reign can be passed on to his son, and to another son, forever.
我们的祖先非常清楚那是什么样子
Our ancestors knew too well what that was like.
你的祖先曾奋力将国王们送出城门,并不惜一切代价将罗马从他们手中解放出来
And your ancestors fought to send the kings outside the city gates and would stop at nothing to free Rome from them.
我也会
And so would I.
我们希望听到你这么说
That’s what we hoped to hear you say.
这只是猜测吗?
Is this just conjecture?
除了你,我什么也没听到
I heard nothing about this except from you.
他们都在谈论这件事,布鲁图斯
They’re all talking about it, Brutus.
他们说他和王冠之间没有任何关系,只有你叔叔卡托
They say there’s nothing between him and the crown but Cato, your uncle.
凯撒答应我他永远不会杀卡托
Caesar promised me that he would never kill Cato.
你认为凯撒没有能力违背诺言吗?
Do you think Caesar’s incapable of breaking a promise?
在如此紧急的情况下,值得对他进行审判吗?
And is it worth trying him in a matter of such an urgency?
如果卡托被杀,那么凯撒想要王冠,
If Cato is killed, then Caesar wants the crown,
我会第一个反对的
and I’ll be the first to oppose it.
但是,在没有证据之前,我不会准备再次攻击他
But I will not prepare myself agaiunst him until there’s proof.
逃!逃!
Flee! Flee!
父亲
Father!
我的剑在哪里?
Where’s my sword?
我把它取下来了
I had it removed.
为什么?
Why?
你以前说过,如果凯撒赢了这场战斗,
You’ve said before, that if Caesar won the battle, …
你可能会被我自己的儿子赤♥裸♥裸地交给敌人
you might my own son would deliver me naked to the arms of the enemy.
你自己的儿子希望你活着。-所以,你拿走了剑,你带走了选择
– Your own son wants you to live. – So, you take away the sword, you take away the choice.
为了保护我自己,你不得不从我那里做出选择,我什么时候疯了?!
When did I go mad that you have to take choices from me for my own protection?!
我是你的父亲还是你的儿子?!
Am I your father or your son?!
你为什么不把我的手也绑起来,这样我就根本无法自卫了?!
Why don’t you bind my hands as well, so I can’t defend myself at all?!
– 我们会以荣誉埋葬他 我会自己埋葬他
– We’ll bury him with honors. – I’ll bury him myself.
举国♥庆♥祝他的生命 – 哪个国家?罗马?
– Let the state celebrate his life. – Which state? Rome?
凯撒的罗马?
The Rome of Caesar?
接受你的荣誉会玷污我的名字
To accept your honors would defile my name.
代表我的父亲和我的家人,
And on behalf of my father and my family,
我拒绝
I decline.
现在我请你离开这个房♥间
Now I’m asking you to leave this room.
我们应该把卡托说成是神
We should speak of Cato as a god.
他自杀了,这样他就不会被承租人凯撒打倒
He killed himself so he wouldn’t be brought down by the hand of the lessener Caesar.
我们把卡托的名字提得越高,凯撒就会嗤之以鼻
The higher we lift Cato’s name,the lower Caesar’s will snik.
不过,我们不能表现得像是在争取他的支持
Still, we mustn’t appear to rally him support.
不
No.
现在,在别人的头脑中植入思想是一门艺术
Now, it’s an art to plant ideas in the heads of others.
当一个人认为定罪是他自己的时候,他从来没有像现在这样下定决心
And a man is never so resolved as he is when he thinks the conviction is his own.
这就是为什么我们需要布鲁图斯站在我们这边
That’s why we need Brutus on our side.
若这不是一个好的事业,他就不会和这项事业混在一起
He wouldn’t be mixed in worth of the cause if it weren’t a good one.
他们听他的
They listen to him.
如果他不参与我们的事业怎么办?
What if he won’t mix in with our cause?