你的书会改变整个世界
Your book is going to change the world.
知道吗
Do you hear me?
你太好了
You are so sweet.
你是
You are
最好的男人
The sweetest man.
去他们的
Fuck them.
朱迪 你能看看这个吗
Judith, would you take a look at this?
我们神勇无比的文学星探 艾维斯·沃特
Our intrepid literary scout, Avis De Voto,
她朋友居然
Is friends with some woman
写了本法式厨艺大全
who’s written a huge french cookbook.
霍顿·米夫林出版集团没看中
Houghton mifflin just turned it down.
“美国人的法式菜谱” 这个名字也太烂了
“French Recipes for American Cooks.” terrible title.
Judith 好好享受
Have fun, Judith.
太好吃了
Yum.
太好吃了
Yum.
哦 天呢
Oh, my.
-在这呢 当然 -什么
– Here it is. Of course. – What…
-谁 -我也不知道
– Who’s that? – I don’t know.
茱莉亚·查尔德女士的特快专递
Special delivery for Mrs. Julia Child.
好冷啊
Chilly!
给你
There you are.
亲爱的查尔德女士
Dear Mrs. Child,
我们读了你的超级法式厨艺书
We have read your superb French Cookbook,
学了一下 并试着做了些菜 尝了尝
Studying it, cooking from it, estimating, and so on.
我们一致认为这本书独一无二
And we have come to the conclusion that it is a unique book
我们非常愿意出版
That we would be very proud to publish.
保罗 保罗
Paul! Paul!
怎么了 怎么了 怎么了
What? what, what, what, what?
克诺普夫
Knopf…
克诺普夫想要出版我们的书
Knopf wants to publish our book.
是克诺普夫还是诺普夫
Is it “K-nopf” or “Nopf”?
-管它呢 -管它呢
– Who cares? – Who cares?
我们打算先付1500美元的首♥付♥
They want to offer us an advance of $1,500.
哦 天呢
Oh, my god.
我们相信此书对法式厨艺的影响绝不亚于
“we believe that your book will do for french cooking in America
伊尔玛·龙鲍尔的”烹饪的乐趣”对标准厨艺的
what Rombauer’s the joy of cooking did for standard cooking.”
而且我们打算就采用这种销♥售♥策略
“and we will sell it that way.”
茱莉亚
Julia!
当我们见面时 当然应该快了
When we meet, which I hope will be very soon,
我想再跟你好好探讨一下书名
I especially wanna talk to you about the title of the book.
因为这是这本书
Because it is of the utmost
区别于
importance that the title distinguish this book
市场上其它厨类书的关键所在
from all the other cookbooks on the market.
-你一般都这样做吗 -当然不是
– Is this the way you normally do this? – Absolutely not.
“精通法式烹饪的艺术”
“Mastering the Art of French Cooking.”
你觉得怎样
What do you think?
这个 无所谓了
Well, at this point, I have no idea whatsoever.
-茱莉亚 那怎么能行呢 -那好吧
– Julia, that won’t do. – All right, then.
我太喜欢了
I love it.
她说讨厌 茱莉亚这么说的
She said “hate”? Julia child used the word “hate”?

No.
但她说我不尊重 不严肃之类的话
But she said I wasn’t respectful, or serious, or something.
一个人还能怎样严肃呢
How much more serious could a person be?
你觉得是不是她认为我利用了她啊
Do you think she thinks I’m sort of using her?
她不可能读了你的博客
She can’t have read your blog.
她读了吗
Did she read it?
他也不知道她有有没有读
He didn’t know if she’d read it.
但她肯定对此抱有怨言
But she definitely had an opinion about it.
是不是因为我用F这个字母太多
Do you think it’s because I use the “F” word every so often?
有可能 谁知道呢
Could be. who knows?

Look,
如果她不理解你做的一切
There’s something wrong with her
那是她的错
if she doesn’t get what you’re doing.
她没错 没有
There is nothing wrong with her. Nothing.
我都跟她过了一年了 她很完美
I’ve spent a year with her. She’s perfect.
你脑海中的茱莉亚·查尔德是完美的
The Julia Child in your head is perfect,
只要茱莉亚·查尔德不理解你这一切
The Julia Child that doesn’t understand
她就不完美
What you’re doing is not perfect.
你脑海中的那个才最关键
The one in your head is the one that matters.
我永远也见不了她了
I’m never gonna meet her.
但是你已经了解她了
But you already know her.
-谢谢 -不客气 随时恭候
– Thank you. – You’re welcome. Anytime.
-她拯救了我 -你自己救了自己
– She saved me. – You saved yourself.
我正在溺水 是她一把把我拉出水
I was drowning and she pulled me out of the ocean.
不要想太多
Don’t get carried away.
茱莉亚·查尔德开始学习炒菜
Julia Child began learning to cook
因为她喜欢她丈夫 喜欢美食
Because she loved her husband, and she loved food,
而且她也不知道别的什么可以做的
And she didn’t know what else to do with herself.
正是在这一个过程中 她自得其乐
And, in the process, she found joy.
我以前并不了解 但现在我了解了
I didn’t understand this for a long time, but I do now.
茱莉亚教我学会这一点
Julia taught me that.
但其实茱莉亚真正教会我的是
But here’s what julia really taught me.
才有今天的我们
So here we are.
还剩一天 一个菜
One day to go and one recipe.
你可能觉得做个鸭架煲比登天还难
You may think that boning a duck is an impossible feat.
-还有整个步骤 -没有事是不可能
– And the whole procedure… – Nothing is impossible.
第一次害怕可能会花掉45分钟
… can take as long as 45 minutes the first time because of fear.
不要担心
Don’t be afraid.
不要担心 茱莉亚 不要担心
No fear, Julia. No fear.
拿起你的刀 面对这只鸭子
Take your knife, confront the duck.
勇敢面对这只鸭子 你是我的
Confronting the duck. You’re my duck.
沿着鸭后背使劲这样切开
You make a deep slit down the back of the bird
从脖子一直到尾部 让脊椎露出来
All the way from the neck down to the tail to expose the backbone.
用一把小而锋利的刀子
And with a small, sharp knife,
紧贴着骨头
its edge always cutting against the bone…
我做到了 看啊 茱莉亚 跟你的一样
I did it. look at that, Julia. it looks just like yours.
把鸭子内部掏空
… down one side of the bird… … pulling the flesh.
然后把鸭架包起来缝好
Thread the boned duck on a board, face skin side down.
包好 外裹一层生面团
… patting it into place. roll out the dough.
2小时后从烤箱中拿出来
Two hours and remove it from the oven and
冷几个小时
let it cool for several hours.
跟设想的一摸一样
It looks exactly the way it’s supposed to look.
给你 把盘子也拿着
Here you go. Can you grab the plates, too?
-拿好了吗 -嗯
– You sure? – I got it.
给我
Coming around.
她来了
Here she comes. Wow!
谢谢 这是今天的主菜
Thank you. I la piece de resistance.
365天 524个菜
365 days. 524 recipes.
-恭喜你 -谢谢你们
– Congratulations! – Thank you, guys.
宝贝 太棒了
Babe. It’s fantastic.
太棒了
So great.
我太喜欢了 我太喜欢了
I love it. I love it.
埃里克 没有你我是不可能完成的
Eric, I could never have done this without you.
就比如某人曾经说过的
As someone once said,
你就像我面包上的黄油 我生活中的空气
You are the butter to my bread, the breath to my life.
敬我老公
To my husband.
我爱你 宝贝
I love you, babe.
谢谢
Thank you.
总算完了
So it’s over.
这个计划终于实现了
The project has come to a close.
生活又回到从前
we’re back exactly where we started,
埃里克 我 小猫 略显惬意
Eric, me, the cat, slightly worse for wear,
住在外区 慢慢享受着
Sitting in the outer boroughs, eating.
在此感谢所有的人
So thanks, everybody.
然后呢
And guess what?
祝大家胃口常开
Bon appetit.
这些展柜怎么立起来的 特制的吧
See how the counters are raised? She had them made special.
看她那著名的研钵
There’s her famous mortar and pestle.
是吗
If you say so.
-太好了 -给我照张相
– Perfect. – Take my picture.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!