She’s a food writer. Of course she eats pork. You’ll be fine.
不用担心
You’ll be fine.
你说的也对 我知道 说的也是
You’re right. I know you’re right. I’m sure you’re right.
-她是不是提前了 -没有 刚好准时
– Is she early? – She’s right on time.
-我来做剩下的 我来 -谢谢 谢谢
– I’ll finish, I’ll finish. – Thank you, thank you.
你这人糟糕透顶 而且极难相处
You are a terrible human being. And very difficult to live with.
哪位
Who is it?
纽约时代的阿曼达·海瑟
Amanda Hesser from the New York Times.
请进
Come in.
当你做菜时就好像跟茱莉亚心有灵犀的
You have such a sense of Julia when you do something like this,
她指导你 回应你
As a teacher, as a voice.
好像在跟她一边讨论一边做菜
I have conversations with her while I’m cooking.
我就感觉她好像也在厨房♥ 就站在我旁边
And I feel like she is there with me in the kitchen.
就像你的幻想之友
She’s like your imaginary friend.
是啊
Yes.
当然 我每天其实都是在写她
And, of course, she is the person I write for every day.
虽然 我知道她没读过 其实我也不确定
Although, I don’t think she ever reads it. I don’t know.
我太想见她了
I’m dying to meet her.
我都想在她1946年结婚时当她的伴娘
I would like to be a bridesmaid in her wedding in 1946.
尽管我知道要先穿过不可能的时光隧♥道♥
I realize that that would take an inexplicable episode of time travel,
但我就是这么想的
But that is the sort of thing that I think about.
我们还打算去茱莉亚的剑桥厨房♥参观呢
We’re planning a pilgrimage to Julia’s cambridge kitchen
到史密斯索尼安博物馆 当一切结束时
In the Smithsonian museum when this is over.
但首先 我要先完成 还有15天24个菜
But first, I have to finish. I have 15 days and 24 recipes,
我还要做一只鸭架煲呢
And I still have to bone a duck.
我知道
I read somewhere that it was bad form
一边吃一边说”好吃”不礼貌
To say “yum” while you’re eating,
但确实是”好吃”
But “yum.”
曼哈顿下城发展公♥司♥公♥司♥ 我是茱莉亚·鲍威尔
Lower manhattan development corporation, this is Julie Powell.
能等一下吗
Please hold.
曼哈顿下城发展公♥司♥公♥司♥ 我是茱莉亚·鲍威尔
Lower manhattan development corporation, this is Julie Powell.
能等一下吗
Can you hold?
-当然 -好的
– Yes. – Great.
-曼哈顿下城发展公♥司♥ -茱莉 我是莎拉
– lower manhattan development… – Julie, it’s Sarah.
登上纽约时代 真不敢相信
The New York Times. I can’t believe it!
我知道 我能过会打给你吗
I know. I know, I know, I know, I know. Can I call you back?
一会打给你 等等
I have to call you back. Hold on.
您好 我是茱莉·鲍威尔 有什么可以帮忙的吗
Hello, this is Julie Powell. How can I help you?
猜猜有多少条留言
Guess what? messages on machine?
Sixty-five.
-65 -65
– Sixty-five? – Sixty-five.
请问是今早纽♥约♥时♥报♥的茱莉·鲍威尔吗
If this is the Julie Powell in this morning’s New York Times,
我是朱迪·科林
This is Judy Clain.
我是利特布朗出版社的编辑 我想跟你谈谈
I’m an editor at little Brown and I wanted to talk to you about
看看你感不感兴趣写一本书
Whether you were interested in writing a book.
我的电♥话♥是049-0067
You can call me at 049-0067.
嗨 我是莎拉·莎拉·卡芬特 我是作品代理商
Hi, this is Sarah Chalfant. I am a literary agent.
不知道你有没有代理人
I don’t know if you have an agent,
我很高兴跟你谈谈 看你需不需要代理
But I would love to talk to you about representing you.
-我是CBS早报的生产商
– I’m a producer at the CBS morning news.
埃里克 我要成作家了
Eric, I’m going to be a writer!
你已经是个作家了
You are a writer.
我是卢斯·斯庞根 美食醇酒杂♥志♥的编辑
This is Ruth Spungen, I’m an editor at Food & Wine magazine.
请打157-3245跟我联♥系♥
Please give me a call at 157-3245.
-我还要做个法式梨塔 -过会
– I have to make a pear tart. – later.
嗨 我是妈妈 你上纽约时代了
Hi. it’s mom. You’re in the New York Times!
我都不知道 大家都在打电♥话♥问
I can’t tell ya, everybody is calling.
你杰西姨妈在阿比林的表妹德瑞
And aunt Jessie’s cousin Dorrie in Abilene,
就是她丈夫赢得大胃王的那个
The one with the husband who won the pie-eating contest
是个字谜游戏迷
And is a crossword puzzle nut,
他们订了纽♥约♥时♥报♥
They have a subscription to the New York Times.
说在阿比林看到的你
They saw it in Abilene.
大家都很高兴
Everyone is so excited!
我是肯·德雷尔 我是兰登豪斯的编辑
This is Ken Dryer. I’m an editor at Random House,
我刚刚读了你的博客 觉得那太棒了
And I just read your blog and it’s great.
我们想出版点你的东西
And we’d love to publish something.
我是好胃口杂♥志♥的编辑
I’m an editor at Bon Appetit.
我是食品网络的生产商
Hi, I’m a producer at the Food network.
希望跟你见个面
we’d love to meet with you.
-我们好好谈谈 -我们有些好主意
– talk to you. – We have some ideas.
不知道你想不想把这个写成
I don’t know whether you’re thinking of turning this into…
-一本书 -或一部电影
– a book. – a movie.
-电视剧本也行 -比如个人秀节目
– a television series. – a one-woman show.
-打电♥话♥给我们 -打电♥话♥给我们
– Call me. – Call me.
打电♥话♥给我们
Call me.
谢谢你 上帝
Thank you, God.
鸡尾酒
Gimlets.
-给你 -谢谢
– Here you go. – Thank you.
-嗨 这里是茱莉 -和埃里克的家
– hi, this is Julie. – and Eric.
-我们正忙着做菜 -和写博客
– And we are busy cooking. – And blogging.
还有其它一些别的事 有事请留言
And other stuff, so leave a message.
-你越做越好了 -我只是越做越顺手了
– You make them better. – I just make them stronger.
我是桑塔·芭芭拉新闻社的巴里·莱恩
Hi, it’s Barry Ryan from the Santa Barbara News-Press,
我正在写茱莉亚·查尔德90岁生日的一篇文章
And I’m writing an article about Julia Child’s 90th birthday
我问了她一些关于你博客的事情
And I asked her about your blog,
坦白说
And, frankly,
她好像难以忍♥受
She was kind of a pill about it
不知你怎样评价此事
So I thought maybe you’d want to comment.
你好
Hello?
嗯 是我
Yes, it is.
她这么说
She said that?
茱莉亚·查尔德这么说
Julia Child said that?
她读过我的博客吗
Has she read my blog?
不 我不想做任何评论
No, I don’t really wanna comment.
但谢谢你能来电
But thank you for calling.
茱莉亚恨我
Julia hates me.
茱儿
Jule?
他们讨厌我们
They hate us.
谁
Who?
霍顿·米夫林
Houghton Mifflin.
-他们怎么会讨厌你呢 -他们是 绝对的
– They don’t hate you. – They do. They absolutely do.
不 他们说这本书挺好的
No, they say the book is good.
但他们不想出版
But they don’t want to publish it.
因为他们觉得太贵
Well, they think it’s too expensive.
他们觉得从经济上不合算
They think it’s “economically prohibitive.”
8年的生活
Eight years of our lives
终于让我可以有事可做
Just turned out to be something for me to do
以至于我不会无聊
So I wouldn’t have nothing to do.
现在看来
Oh, well.
伤心啊
Boo-hoo.
现在怎么办
Now what?
-你是个老师 -是啊
– You’re a teacher. – Yeah.
你可以教学啊
You can teach.
是吗 我们回家 然后
Right? We’ll go home and…
回什么家
Where’s home?
哪是我们家
Where do we live?
-我们住哪 哪就是我们家 -嗯
– Home is wherever we are. – Yeah.
我们总能想到方法 事情总能解决的
All right? and we’ll work it out. we’ll figure it out.
-你可以在我们厨房♥里教学啊 -嗯
– You can teach in our kitchen. – True.
你可以做电视教学啊
You can teach on television.
电视
Television?
-我 -当然
– Me? – Yes.
-保罗 -不 茱莉亚
– Paul. – No, Julia.
我觉得你上电视肯定很好 真的
I think you would be excellent on television. I do.
-保罗 -我一直这么觉得 真的
– Paul! – I do. I do.
别
Don’t…
我没跟你开玩笑 没有
I’m not kidding you. I’m not.
总会有人会出版你的书的
Someone is going to publish your book.
总会有人欣赏你的
Someone is going to read your book and realize what you’ve done.
因为你的书伟大至极
Because your book is amazing.
你的书才是天才之作
Your book is a work of genius.