It’s okay. I wasn’t in love with him.
你真觉得我是个婊♥子♥吗
Do you really think I’m a bitch?
-是啊 -就是
– Well, yeah. – I know.
但谁不是啊
But who isn’t?
茱莉亚
Julia.
我一直想着我和茱莉亚
I’ve been thinking about me and Julia.
她是一个政♥府♥机关的秘书 我也是
She was a secretary for a government agency and I am, too.
嫁给了一个超好的男人 我也是
A really nice guy married her. A really nice guy married me.
我们俩都茫然过
Both of us were lost
我们俩都差不多是在食物中找到生活重心
And both of us were saved by food in some way or other.
有好多相像处吧 但是现实点 我不是朱莉娅·蔡尔德
So major overlaps. But let’s face it, I am not Julia Child.
茱莉亚·查尔德不会因为
Julia child never lost her temper
煮糊锅了就大发脾气
Just because something boiled over,
或是在炉子前崩溃 或者不干了
Or collapsed in the oven, or just plain fell through.
而且她绝对没有冲她老公大吵大闹过
And she was never horrible to her husband, I’m sure.
还有她绝没有好像跟”没时间维持婚姻”那样
And she never behaved like, “Who has time to be married?”
我有时就那样 我很惭愧
Which is how I behave sometimes, I’m sorry to say.
我希望我能像她多一点
I wish I were more like her.
她理应被她老公疼 我就不配
She deserved her husband and I don’t.
真的不配
That’s the truth.
至少目前不配
Well, anyway, that’s the truth for now.
晚上就吃酸奶了
Yogurt for dinner.
你好 我是考古杂♥志♥的埃里克·鲍威尔
Hi, you’ve reached Eric Powell at Archaeology magazine.
请留言
Leave a message.
昨晚你不在我根本睡不好
I hated sleeping without you last night.
你在哪
Where are you?
我很想你
I miss you.
喂 怎么啦 亲爱的
Hello? Honey, is something wrong?
没事
No.
干嘛这么问
Why would you think that?
你在和埃里克闹别扭吗
Are you and Eric having some kind of problem?
必然没有啊
Of course not.
-是不是他在那边你不方便说 -他不在家
– Is he there and you can’t talk? – He’s not here.
我刚看了你的博客
I just read your blog,
这篇太诡异了 深刻的不像你的风格
And it was strange and uncharacteristically thoughtful.
-他到哪去了 -外面
– Where is he? – Out.
他去叫披萨了
He went out to get pizza.
你不做饭了吗
Have you stopped cooking?
暂时不了 歇一阵子先
Just temporarily. Just taking a little break from cooking.
还是做吧
Well, get back to it.
在你这辈子里做完一件事对你是有好处的
It’s gonna be good for you to finish something for once in your life.
-茱莉亚就没放弃 -谁说我要放弃了
– Julia didn’t give up. – Who says I’m giving up?
我就是说你别放弃
Well, I’m just saying don’t.
你不走了吧
Are you back?
不要走了
Please be back.
晚上吃什么
What’s for dinner?
艾维斯说她一定会来的 就算咱们晚点了
Well, Avis said she’d be here. Even if we were late.
如果她没来 咱们就打车
Well, if she’s not here, we can take a taxi.
波士顿应该有出租车
They probably have taxis in Boston.
她会来的 穿着格子外衣
She’ll be here. Wearing a plaid jacket.
好让我认出来
That’s how I’m to recognize her.
你说”认出来”是什么意思 她变化大吗
What do you mean, “Recognize her”? Has she changed?
“注意穿着格子外衣的中年女性”
“Look for the middle-aged woman in a plaid jacket.”
就是说 你从来没见过艾维斯啊
So… You and Avis have never met?
我们是笔友
We’re just pen pals.
你们不认识吗
You don’t know each other?
认识啊 我们给对方写信
Well, we do. We write.
你们是怎么写起来的
But how did you start writing one another?
说来话长
That’s a long story.
艾维斯的老公 伯尔纳德·德·渥托 已经过世了
Avis’ husband, Bernard De Voto, now dead,
是个超级超级棒的作家
Was a wonderful, wonderful writer.
他在《哈珀斯杂♥志♥》上发表了一篇关于不锈钢刀
He wrote an article in Harper’s magazine all about stainless steel knives
-以及他有多讨厌它们的文章 -然后呢
– And how he absolutely detested them. – Yes.
然后我就给他写信 因为他说的太对了
And so I wrote him a fan letter because he was 100% right
艾维斯给我回的信
And Avis wrote me back.
然后我又写给她 她又写给我
And so I wrote her back. And she wrote me back.
就这样来来往往差不多8年了
Well, it’s been eight years, I think.
-艾维斯 -茱莉亚
– Avis. – Julia.
-我亲爱的朋友 -看看你
– My darling friend. – Look at you.
你太有才了 祝福你
Brilliant friend. Bless you.
查尔德太太 贝克太太 你们的工作成果十分优秀
This is a very impressive undertaking, Mrs. Child and Mrs. Beck.
太谢谢您了
Well, thank you very, very much.
你们的编辑很喜欢
And your editor loves it.
是的 我觉得十分精彩
I do. I think it’s brilliant.
市场上根本没有这样的
There’s really nothing else like it on the market.
-有一个问题 不只是篇幅 -这有700页
– The problem is not just the length. – It’s 700 pages.
– 我们知道 有点长 -是这样的
– Yes, we know. It is long. – Yes, we know it’s long.
你们写了700页的调味汁和禽类的食谱
You have 700 pages of just sauce and poultry recipes.
我们想您可以分册出版
We were thinking that you could publish it in a series of volumes.
第一卷 调味汁
Volume one, sauces.
第二卷 禽类
Volume two… Poultry.
是这样
Yes.
第三卷 鱼类 肉类 蔬菜类 还有甜点
Volume three, fish. Meat, vegetables, and desserts.
就是1 2 3 共6卷
That’s one, two, three… That’s six volumes.
还有蛋
Eggs.
-蛋类 -还有蛋类 共7卷
– Eggs. – Eggs. Seven. Seven volumes.
但我们不想出版一套百科全书
But we don’t want to publish an encyclopedia.
我理解这是定位给家庭主妇的
I thought this was intended for housewives.
是的 家庭主妇要的是方便的 编集
Yes, housewives want something quick, with a mix.
就像这个
Like this.
但是容我说一句
But if I may speak for everyone,
如果你们愿意改写一下
If you were willing to revise it,
我保证我们还会感兴趣的
I’m sure we would all be interested.
西蒙卡 我很抱歉
Simca, I am so sorry.
你找错合著者了
You just picked the wrong collaborator.
是啊 我应该和这个女的一起
Yes, I should have worked with this woman,
“在花盆中烹饪阿♥拉♥斯加”
“Baked alaska in a flower pot.”
咱们就不跟着霍顿米孚林了
We’ll just take the book away from
换一家出版社吧
Houghton mifflin and find another publisher.
咱们才开始争取啊
We have just begun to fight.
茱莉亚 你的书是一本杰作
Julia, your book is a masterpiece.
棉花软糖毛毛是什么东西
What is marshmallow fluff?
还有 留着预金 250块钱都留下
And keep the advance, by the way. Keep the entire $250.
一分都不要退给他们
Don’t give them back a penny of it.
咱们开始干吗要写这个呢
Why did we ever decide to do this anyway?
咱们想什么呢
What were we thinking?
谁还记得住
Who can remember?
我可以
I can.
我们想写一本法式厨艺书
We wanted to write a french cookbook
给那些没有厨子的美国女人
for American women who do not have cooks.
我们这么干就是了 重新从头开始
So then, that’s what we’ll do. We’ll just do it all over again.
就这样 小菜一碟
And that’s that. It’ll be easy.
肯定 多亏西蒙卡
It will. The dessert section is done.
甜食部分已完成 非常好
Thanks to simca, it is brilliant.
谢谢
Thank you.
我只是还没打出来
I just haven’t typed it up yet.
我在奥斯洛时也正好有事做了
But that will give me something to do in Oslo.
埃里克 快来看这只举世无双的烤鸡
Eric, come see the world’s most beautiful chicken.
讨厌
Naughty.
天呢
Oh, my god.
太好吃了 真的 我的最爱
It feels so good. no, I’m serious. I love it!
我只是想铭记一下这一刻
I just want to savor this moment.
这一刻让我觉得凡事皆有可能
The moment when anything is possible.
就在这一刻你可以设想一下
The moment that you can just imagine
只要你做的东西他们都会喜欢
They’re going to love everything you did
卖♥♥它个100万本 世界也将为之改变
And it’s going to sell a million copies and change the world.
是啊 我觉的我们还应该开酒庆祝一下
Yes. But I think it calls for a great bottle of wine.
-你觉得呢 -当然
– Don’t you think? – Yes.
晚饭吃什么
What’s for dinner?
如果她不吃猪肉呢
What if she doesn’t eat pork?
她是美食作家 她当然会吃猪肉 没事的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!