我们不知道要干什么
We have no idea why.
他们终于要提拔你啦 他们早应该了
Well, they’re going to promote you, finally. They have to.
我不知道他们为什么
I don’t know why
非得把我叫回华盛顿去才告诉我
they have to call me back to washington to tell me that.
他们寄份电传来就行啊 还便宜很多
They could just send a telex. It’d be a lot cheaper.
那他们八成要把你派到别地儿去
Well, they’re going to reassign you, then.
他们会问你是想去巴黎还是巴黎啊
They’ll ask you whether you prefer Paris or Paris.
这是一种可能 不太现实 但是有可能
It’s a possibility. It’s not likely, but it is a possibility.
如果他们真要把咱们调回巴黎
And if they are moving us back to Paris,
下礼拜我在那的时候可以去开始找公♥寓♥了
I can look for an apartment when I’m there next week.
好不好
Good idea, yes?
我保证他们一告诉我
I promise I’ll call you the minute they tell me
咱们要被调回巴黎我就给你打电♥话♥ 好吧
We’re being transferred back to paris, all right?
好的
All right.
-我知道 亲爱的 -我觉得很有可能
– I know, darling. I know. – I think it could happen.
是有可能
It could happen, I know.
就这样 太完美了
Stay right there. That’s perfect.
-说茄子 鸭鸭 -手起开
– Say cheese, ducky. – Move your hand.
-很好 -把腿并好 亲爱的
– Good. Great. – Put your legs together, darling.
很简单啊
It’s very simple.
咱们就告诉她
We’re just going to tell her she
她只能得到一小部分版权费
Should have a smaller share of the royalties
因为很明显她没有像你我那样
Because it is clear she can’t put in the
一礼拜投入40小时在这书上
40 hours a week you and I are spending on it.
-恐怕60个小时呢 80个 -是啊
– Sixty is more like it. Eighty. – Exactly.
咱俩就像疯牛一样工作
You and I are vaches enragées.
没错 就像疯牛
That’s exactly what we are. Mad cows.
但是我不敢和罗伊赛说这个
But I can’t bring myself to say this to Louisette.
-你去说吧 -我去说 咱们一定要硬下心来
– You’re going to have to do it. – I will do it. We must be cold-blooded.
处理了这个之后我会更爱她的
I shall love her much more when this is settled.
不是说你一点也没有帮上忙
It isn’t that you’re not helping to some extent.
我就是帮了啊
But I am helping.
在红酒烩仔鸡的食谱里面加上豆子就是我的主意啊
It was my idea to add peas to the coq au vin recipe.
我们记得 那确实是一个好主意
We know, and that was a wonderful idea,
但这书已经被可称为巨著了
But the book has become a magnum opus.
但是咱们是一个团队啊
But we are a team.
咱们是三人美食团 一个整体啊
We are les trois gourmandes. One for all.
是的 说得很对 路易塞蒂 确实这样
Yes, it’s absolutely true, Louisette. Yes, it’s true.
你确实付出了很多工作
And you have been very valuable to the project.
谢谢
Thank you.
但是
But…
但是
But…
我就要离婚了
I am getting a divorce.
-什么 -强·吕克要抛弃了我
– What? – Jean-Luc is leaving me.
我很难过 罗伊赛 就当我没提过这些吧
I’m so sorry. Louisette. Just forget that I even mentioned it.
但是让罗伊赛得到和我们
But it isn’t fair for Louisette to
相同的报酬太不公平了
Get the same amount of money that we do.
西蒙卡 现在不是说这个的时候
Simca, this is not the time to discuss this.
她要离婚了
She’s getting a divorce.
但是她没有工作
But she doesn’t do the work.
你没有付出 所以你只能得到10%
You don’t do the work, so your share should be 10%.
10%
Ten percent?
因为你没有做事情
You’re not doing the work.
25%
Twenty-five.
-15% -20%
– Fifteen. – Twenty.
18% 一分也不会多了
Eighteen and not a penny more.
而且署名的时候 我觉得应该写
And where it says our names, I think it should say,
著者:朱莉娅·查尔德与西蒙·贝克 外加罗伊赛·贝托勒
“By Julia Child and Simone Beck, with Louisette Bertholle.”
-“外加” -还是小号♥字体
– “With”? – And in smaller type.
不不不 西蒙卡
No, no, no, no, Simca.
咱们的名字就是 就是按字母顺序吧
Our names exactly the… Exactly… And alphabetical. Alphabetical.
就连在红酒烩仔鸡里加豆子都不是她的主意
But it was not even her idea to put the peas in the coq au vin.
不是 但是她太难缠了
No. But it bothers me.
有邮件 太太
给我的
For me?
亲爱的艾维斯 我们已经完成了我们的著作
Dear Avis, we’ve been through our own version of Kafka.
保罗回了华盛顿 我还天真地以为
Paul went off to Washington, and in my innocence
美国政♥府♥一定是终于
I thought it must be because the United States government
认识到了他的重要性
Had finally realized how valuable he was.
而事实上 他是去受审查了
Far from it. He was being investigated.
他被囚禁在一个没有窗户的小屋里过了三天
He spent three days being grilled in a windowless room
一英尺高的文件森森地堆在桌上
With a foot-high stack of papers ominously sitting on the table.
他们让他坦白 关于我们的朋友 我们的书
They asked him about our friends, our books,
我们在中国的生活 和我们的爱国情怀
Our China years, our patriotism.
他们居然还问他是不是同性恋
They even asked him if he was a homosexual.
-查尔德先生 你是同性恋吗 -不
– Are you a homosexual, Mr. Child? – No.
我不是同性恋
I am not a homosexual.
我们没开玩笑
This is not a joke.
我很清楚
I’m well aware of that.
他被无罪释放但是心理受挫
He came home exonerated but thoroughly bruised.
茱莉亚 那简直是一场噩梦
Julia, it was a nightmare.
我该怎么办
What am I going to do?
我感觉我这一辈子都白干了
I feel like my entire life has been a waste.
-保罗 -等我再接一茬任务
– Paul. – I have one more posting,
就该退休了 然后怎么办
Then I’ll retire and then what?
会有办法的
We’ll figure it out.
我就不明白我有什么奔头
I just don’t know what it was all for.
你知道吗
You know?
你最起码还有本书
You at least have the book.
那也是你的书啊
Well, it’s your book, too.
真的
It is.
要不是你 我也写不出来
Without you, it wouldn’t be a book.
我和西蒙卡两人是写不完的
Not that Simca and I’ll ever be done with it.
-总有一天会写完的 -真不见得
– Someday you’ll be done with it. – I’m beginning to wonder.
话说回来
So to wrap things up,
猜猜是谁昨天晚上6点22分没来吃完饭
At 6:22 last night, guess who wasn’t coming to dinner?
没错
That’s right.
因为那场大雨朱迪·琼斯没来
It began pouring down rain and Judith Jones canceled.
我基本上崩溃了
I was utterly crushed.
更严重的是
And then on top of everything,
我和我老公大吵了一架 他摔门走了
I had a horrible fight with my husband and he left me.
勃艮地红酒炖牛肉味道很好 但我没吃
The boeuf bourguignon was delicious, not that I ate it.
至于巴伐利亚树莓奶油蛋糕 只好带到办公室去了
As for the raspberry bavarian cream, I am taking it to the office.
早上好
Morning.
茱莉 过来一下
Julie, could you come in here?
我发誓什么都没告诉他
I didn’t tell him, I swear.
茱莉
Julie?
-好些了吗 -好多了
– Feeling better? – Much.
你把炉子烧坏了
So you burned the stew?
我不是因为那个不来上班的
But that’s not why I didn’t come to work.
我没来上班是因为我得了
I didn’t come to work because I had…
胃肠感冒
Stomach flu.
听着 这是一个自♥由♥的国家
Listen, it’s a free country.
但别在你网上那些细细碎碎
But this little thing of yours on the internet,
里面提到我 知道吗
I do not want to show up in it. Okay?
还有你如果不想来上班就告诉我
And if you don’t feel like coming in to work, let me know.
还有人抢着要来呢 我们是真的要工作的
Somebody will want this job. We’re trying to do something here.
对不起
I’m sorry.
换个谁都会炒了你的
Anyone else would fire you.
共和党的就会炒了你
A republican would fire you.
我不蠢
I’m not a Schmuck.
不会吧 我才不信呢
I’m in shock. I can’t believe it.
你俩就是天生一对
You’re like “The ones.”
如果你和埃里克都过不下去了 谁还能啊
If you and Eric can’t make it work, who can?
地球人都行 这是碰上我这个婊♥子♥所以不行
All sorts of people can. Just not me because I am a bitch.
我就是 莎拉 我是个婊♥子♥
I am, Sarah. I’m a bitch.
我知道你是
I know. I know you are.
对了 加思和我也掰了
By the way, Garth and I broke up.
天啊 我都没问一下
Oh, god, I didn’t even ask.
我只顾着自己 就像埃里克说的
I am a one-way street, just like Eric says.
没事的 我本来也不爱他