取出肝脏
Remove the liver
用洋葱将它烤干做成小食
and fry it up with some onions for a little snack
或者做成肝泥香肠
Or perhaps a delicious liverwurst
能摆在饼干上
Which you can spread on a cracker,
乐之饼干 咸味儿的那种
A Ritz cracker, a saltine.
咸味儿
Saltine.
或者如果你有宠物 猫或者狗
Or if you have a pet, a cat or a dog
它们都喜欢吃肝脏
They love liver.
留住肝脏
Save the liver.
-留住肝脏 -留住肝脏
– Save the liver. – Save the liver.
现在 把鸡肚子朝下放置
Now, you place the chicken on its stomach
顺着脊椎一直切到臀尖 像这样
And cut along the backbone to the pope’s nose, like so.
裂开
Crack!
我切好了 切了我的手指
Now I’ve done it, I’ve cut the dickens out of my finger.
其实我很高兴 我切了手
Well, I’m glad, in a way, this happened.
要知道 厨房♥里经常发生各种意外
You know, accidents do occur from time to time in the kitchen.
而且我们从未认真研究过该怎么处理
We’ve never really discussed what to do.
首先 你得止血
First, you must stop the bleeding.
最好的方法是用你的围裙止血 像这样
The best way is with direct pressure on the apron, like so.
然后把手举过头顶
You want to raise your hand over your head.
我推荐大家用天然的凝血剂 比如鸡的肝脏
I recommend natural coagulants, such as chicken liver.
这又是个留住肝脏的理由
Another reason not to throw away the liver.
我的天啊 我有点心悸 我需要止血带
Oh, god, it’s throbbing! A tourniquet, that’s it.
为什么你们都在旋转
Why are you all spinning?
好吧 我得去歇会睡个觉了
Wwwell, I think I’m going to go to sleep now.
祝你好胃口
Bon Appétit.
不不 不是吧…
No, no, no…
这只是个无聊的大篇幅的食谱集♥合♥
Well, it’s just a big, dry collection of recipes.
一点儿也不实用
It doesn’t work at all.
我得删掉一大部分然后重新编写
I’m just gonna have to throw most of it out and start all over again!
这得成为一部实用的食谱
This has got to be a cookbook
得让没有私人厨师的美国人们
That makes french cooking accessible to americans
进一步了解法国菜的烹饪
Who do not have cooks.
或者说没有仆人的美国人
Who are servantless.
有这么个说法吗
Is that a word?
没有仆人的
Servantless.
我觉得可以这么说
I think it is a word.
茱莉亚
Julia?
如果我们得离开巴黎怎么办
What if we had to leave Paris?
我们为什么要离开
Why would we have to leave Paris?
我的委派年任只有四年
Because my assignment was for four years.
我们还有时间啊
So then we still have time.
还有八个月
Eight months.
这本食谱你八个月
And this cookbook is not something
肯定写不完
you can finish in eight months.
对 两年还差不多
No. But two years seems possible.
茱莉亚
Julia.
如果我被派到别的地方怎么办
What if they transfer me someplace else?
他们会派你走吗
Would they do that?

Yes.
他们才不关心我是不是愿意
They don’t really care about me.
保罗 他们是关心你的
Paul. Of course they do.
不关心 真的
They don’t, really.
好吧 如果我们不能住在巴黎
Well, if we can’t stay in Paris,
我就把写好的稿子邮给l罗伊赛和西蒙卡
Then I’ll just mail the pages to Louisette and Simca
她们也可以再邮寄回来
And they can mail them back to me.
这不正是邮政系统 复写纸和半透明纸
That’s why they invented the mail system
被发明的原因嘛
And carbon paper and onionskin copies,
或者我也可以跳上火车前往巴黎
Or I can just jump on the train to Paris
只要我们仨
Whenever the three of us
必须得一起工作
absolutely have to work together, you know.
或者说我们俩得一起工作 我们都知道
Or the two of us, actually, because as we know,
罗伊赛什么忙也帮不上
Louisette does next to nothing.
但我们得住在欧洲
But we would still be somewhere in Europe.
你觉得呢
Don’t you think?
很难说啊 鉴于现在的政♥治♥形势
It’s very hard to say, given the current political climate.
麦卡锡参议员不太喜欢咱们这类人
Senator Mccarthy does not like people like us.
咱们 为什么 咱们干什么了
Us? Why? What have we done?
咱们没干什么 我不是指这个
We haven’t done anything. That’s not the point.
问题是 我们去过中国
The point is, we were in China.
这一点就足够严重了
And that’s practically sufficient.
是啊 不管怎么说 我们现在还没走
Well, meanwhile, we’re still here.
-我们还在这儿 你说得对 -对
– Yes, we are. You’re right. – Yes.
敬你的食谱
Here’s to the book.
《大家一起做法国菜》
French Cooking For All!
或者《家庭法式烹饪》
Or French Home Cooking.
你觉得如何 更喜欢哪个
Do you like that? Which one do you like?
我都喜欢
I like them both.
亲爱的艾维斯
Dear Avis,
随信附上我们食谱里调味料一章中的一部分
Enclosed is part of our cookbook from the chapter on sauces.
很显然 这个不能给任何人看
Naturally, it must not be shown to anyone
除非你确认那人过去 现在 将来
Unless you are sure they are not, never have been,
都不会和出版业有什么瓜葛
And won’t have anything to do with the publishing business.
那些人别的都不关心
There are people who would love nothing more
就一门心思想偷走荷兰式蛋黄奶油酸辣酱的食谱
Than to steal this hollandaise recipe.
我们迟到了 她还会在吗
We’re late! Do you suppose she’ll be there?
罗伊赛吗 她当然在了 那是她家
Louisette? Of course she’ll be there. It’s at her house.
我是在开玩笑呢
I was making a little joke.
咱们到底去干嘛
what’s this about, anyway?
罗伊赛不告诉我
Louisette wouldn’t tell me.
她说是个惊喜
She said it was a surprise.
也许她不想干了 那可真是太好了
Maybe she’s dropping out of the project. That would be heavenly.
-茱莉亚 -有可能嘛
– Julia. – Well, it would.
朋友们 这位是伊尔玛·龙鲍尔
My friends, This is Irma Rombauer.
乐趣女士
Mrs. Joy?
《烹饪的乐趣》第一部花了我一年的时间编写
The first edition of The Joy Of Cooking took me a year to write.
才一年吗 包括测试食谱的时间在内
Only a year? Including testing the recipes?
我并未真的测试那些食谱
Well, I didn’t really test all the recipes.
那实在太多了
There were so many of them.
我找到了一个出版商
And then I found a publisher,
还有圣路易斯的一家小印刷厂
A small printer in St.Louis.
他给了你多少稿费
How much money did he pay you?
我付给他钱 3000块
I paid him. $3,000.
-3000块 -那真是不少钱
– $3,000? – A small fortune.
不过我有一点人寿保险的赔偿金
But I had a little life insurance money
因为我丈夫…
Because my husband…
-不是吧 -他自杀了吗
– No! – He killed himself?

Yes.
我左思右想
And I thought,
“这些钱我能怎么用呢”
“well, what else am I gonna do with the insurance money?”
后来 这书就开始卖♥♥了
And then, the book began to sell
后来鲍勃斯-梅里尔出版公♥司♥接手了
And Bobbs-Merrill picked it up,
我就有了真正的出版商
So now I had a real publisher.
他们给你钱了吗
And they gave you some money?
当然没给
Absolutely not.
他们骗了我 偷了我的版权
They swindled me. They stole my copyright,
现在已经出了新的一部 你猜如何
And now there’s a new edition, and guess what?
-如何 -那个索引完全是垃圾
– What? – The index is a complete calamity.
你想找软煎鸡肉
If you’re looking for city chicken,
在C字头列表里可找不到
You’re not gonna find it under “c.”
真的吗
Really?
只能在”仿制鸡腿”分类里看到 [其实软煎鸡肉就是仿制鸡腿]
It’s under “Drumsticks, Mock.”
不是吧
No.
她说了半天
All she wanted to talk about
都是讲自己怎么被出版商骗了
Was how her publisher had cheated her
几千块钱的版税
Out of thousands of dollars in royalties.
我大概明白了
It just made me realize this…
出版这个事并不简单
Not going to be simple, this getting published business.
艾维斯给你寄来的
This is from Avis, for you.
哦 太好了
Oh, my. Well.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!