我知道 我也吓了一跳
I know, I’m shocked.
是保罗·查尔德1949年
It’s from a letter that Paul Child
写给他弟弟查理的信上说的
Wrote to his twin brother charlie in 1949,
那是茱莉亚刚开始在蓝带上课
When Julia was just starting classes at le cordon bleu.
茱莉亚和保罗 很好很好
So Julia and Paul, beaucoup, beaucoup.
-我知道 就想让你看看 -什么
– I know. just goes to show you. – What?
你就不会看着别人谈他们的性生活
You can never tell about a person’s sex life by looking at them.
她们那么相爱
They were so in love.
读者寄来的辣酱
Hot sauce from a reader.
今天收到12条评论
And today I had 12 comments from readers,
都是不认识的
And I didn’t know any of them.
感谢所有忠实读者寄来的东西
Thanks to all my faithful readers for this loot.
47天内我已经完成了65道菜
I have now completed 65 recipes in 47 days.
59天过去了 还有437道菜
计划在两个月内完成103道
On track with 103 recipes in just over two months.
有点像杯形饼
Looks like a cupcake.
该做焗龙虾了
Lobster thermidor is coming up,
我就要对付那些带壳的生物啦
And I am going to have to murder and dismember a crustacean.
我怎么下得了手啊
How will I ever do this?
昨晚我梦到我们的睡眠机器
Last night our sleep machine, the one we have by our bed
就是用来挡
To drown out
运货卡车噪音的机器
The noise of freight trucks rumbling past our apartment,
竟然跟我说话 它一直在说
Was speaking to me. And it was saying,
“龙虾杀手”
“Lobster killer.”
“龙虾杀手 杀手 杀手”
“lobster killer, lobster killer, lobster killer.”
一位读者说如果先把龙虾冻了
One of my readers said that if you put lobsters in the freezer,
它们就没知觉了
It sort of numbs them.
有一条评论说
Then I got another comment that said,
“坚强点 不就是杀该死的龙虾”
“Man up, kill the damn lobster.
“拿起刀 一下就行”
“Just take a knife and do it.”
它还活着
It’s alive!
埃里克
Eric.
天啊
Oh, god.
“烹饪龙虾建议”
“A note on dealing with live lobsters.
“如果你想煮一只活得龙虾” 没错
“If you object to steaming a live lobster,” yes,
“直接把刀插♥进♥两眼之间”
“Plunge the point of the knife into the head between the eyes.”
茱莉亚 你说起来倒容易
Oh, Julia, you make it sound so simple.
龙虾杀手
Lobster killer.
埃里克
Eric.
埃里克
Eric.
走开
Get out of here.
我不要你帮忙 你一点忙都帮不上
I don’t need you at all. You are completely useless.
我只要把它们丢进水里
I’m just gonna throw them into the water
再盖上盖子就行了
And put the lid on and that will be that.
好
Fine.
没错
Fine.
你好
Hello.
再见
Goodbye.
对不起
I’m sorry.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
你没事吧
You okay?
好的
Okay.
好的 没事
Okay. All right.
好了 伙计们
All right, boys.
新警长来管你们
There’s a new sheriff in town.
龙虾杀手
Lobster killer.
龙虾杀手
Lobster killer.
一切尽在掌握
Under control.
你简直是圣人
You are a saint.
谢谢 谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. thank you, thank you, thank you.
-谢谢 -不客气
– thank you. – you’re welcome.
-不行 不行 -行
– I can’t. I can’t. – you can.
-现在不行 我还有很多事要做呢 -就现在
– no, I can’t. I have a lot to do. – you can.
-埃里克 现在不行 -我行
– Eric, I can’t. – I’m good.
-埃里克 -再亲一下 最后一下
– Eric. – just give me one more, give me one more.
再亲一下
Just one more.
好了 走吧 我要做事呢 走吧
Fine. go, I have so much to do. get out!
-嗨 太谢谢了 -嗨 最近怎么样
– hey, thank you so much. – hey, man. how you doing?
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
我很好 见到你真高兴
Yeah, terrific. good to see you.
-蛋糕 -谢谢 姐夫
– cake. – cake. brother-in-law.
-我爱死你了 -嗨 伙计
– love you so much. – hey, man.
大家好胃口
Bon appetit!
好胃口
Bon appetit
生日快乐 茱莉
Happy birthday, Julie.
-生日快乐 -谢谢 宝贝
– Happy birthday. – Hi! thanks, sweetheart.
谢谢你们能来 谢谢
Oh, thanks for coming all out here. hey, you.
不可思议的是 茱莉亚和保罗认识的时候
Here’s an incredible thing. when Julia and Paul met,
她还是个处♥女♥
she was a virgin.
-真的吗 -喔
– really? – wow.
她当时都快40了
She was, like, practically 40.
-开玩笑的吧 -你是怎么知道的
– You serious? – How does anyone even know that?
茱莉亚在和她的好友艾维斯·沃特的
There were all these letters
通信中说的
That Julia wrote to her friend avis de voto.
还有保罗和他哥的信 都被保留了下来
And paul wrote to his brother, and no one threw anything out,
据我说知
As far as I can tell.
他们结婚的时候 她连煮鸡蛋都不会
When they got married, she could barely boil an egg.
不可思议吧
Isn’t that amazing?
真的?
Really?
-这炖黄瓜可是她的新发明 -很好吃
– braised cucumbers are a revelation. – this is good.
她让我着迷 我都鬼迷心窍了
I’m obsessed with her. I’m totally obsessed.
她绝对鬼迷心窍了
She’s totally obsessed.
我觉得迷上她很好 因为这真是太美味了
Well, it’s good that you are, because this is amazing.
说真的 太好吃了
Seriously. so good.
省着点吃吧 就那么多
Well, savor it, because that’s all there is.
龙虾可不便宜
I mean, lobster, major bucks.
你应该在网上弄个支付账户什么的
Why don’t you put a paypal thing on the website?
人们在想的时候可你给你钱
People could send in money if they felt like it.
是啊 绝对行
Oh, yeah. absolutely.
你是有粉丝的 你的读者都喜欢你
You have fans, your readers love you.
我有? 我有粉丝?
I do? I have fans?
是啊 你有
Yeah, you do.
-我可不能问他们要钱 -怎么不能
– well, I can’t ask them for money. – why not?
我觉得你应该弄个支付账户
I think you should do the paypal thing.
那样我们就能经常吃龙虾了
That way we could have more lobster.
使劲吹 都吹灭 吹灭
Harder. get them. get them. hey, hey, hey!
生日快乐 宝贝
Happy birthday, sweetheart.
谢谢
Thank you.
跟茱莉亚的一样
Just like julia’s.
只不过她的是真货
Only hers were probably the real deal.
真漂亮
They’re beautiful.
我帮你带上
Help you put it on.
试试看漂不漂亮
Let’s give this a shot here.
怎么样
How’s that?
我30岁了
I’m 30.
我以为这会很可怕
I thought it was gonna be terrible,
不过多亏有你和茱莉亚
But thanks to you, and thanks to julia,
我觉得我能挺过去
It feels like I’m gonna get through.
吃蛋糕
Cake.
多吃点 觉得蛋糕怎么样
More cake. how do you like that cake?
嘿 宝贝
Hey, you.
我去睡觉了
I’m going to bed.
欧内 我的龙虾博客有53条留言呢
Ernie, 53 comments on my lobster blog.
闭嘴
Shut up.
– 茱莉亚·鲍威尔 -我遇到了问题是该跟你说吗
– Julie Powell. – This the person I speak to If I got a problem?
是的 先生 你有什么问题
Yes, sir. what is your problem?
太多食物 太少性♥爱♥了
Too much food, not enough sex.
埃里克 这可不好笑
Eric, that’s not funny.
我觉得挺好笑的
I thought it was pretty funny.
好吧 是有点
Okay, it was.
-嘿 你猜怎么着? -怎么