再正常不过了
It’s completely normal.
男人都喜欢自己的朋友
Men like their friends.
我们又没在说男人 谁说男人了
We’re not talking about men. Who’s talking about men?
过了5个星期 还有47个
So it’s five weeks down, 47 to go,
我感觉棒极了
And I feel fantastic.
有时 我忍♥不住想
Sometimes, I can’t help but wonder.
真的有人读我的博客吗
Is there anyone out there reading me?
一定有的 对吧 某人
But I’m sure you are, aren’t you? Somebody?
有的吧
Anybody?
欧内斯汀 我收到一个评论了
Ernestine, I have a comment.
我妈发的 不算
My mother. Doesn’t count.
我们今天从煮鸡蛋开始学起
Today we will begin by learning to boil eggs.
首先 确定鸡蛋要新鲜
First, you must make sure that the egg is fresh.
我一直希望
I was so hoping that…
能学些高级课程 布哈萨特夫人
Well, for something a little more advanced, Madame Brassart.
但你又不是高级厨师
But you are not an advanced cook.
但是我确实会煮鸡蛋啊
But I do know how to boil an egg.
你知道怎么给鸭剔骨吗
Do you know how to bone a duck?
不会 那正是我
No, but that’s exactly the sort of thing
想要学的啊
That I’m very interested in learning how to do.
还有另一个班 但你不一定喜欢
There is one other class, but you will not like it.
给专业人士开的 你肯定成不了
It’s for professionnel, which you will never be, I’m sure.
都是男人 军人
All men. All gis.
而且学费很贵
And very expensive.
我猜你不会想付那么高的学费的
I cannot imagine that you would ever want to pay the tuition.
多少
How much?
-你好 – 你好 女士
– Bonjour! – Bonjour, Madame.
女士 请让一让
Madame, si’l vous plait.
洋葱好了 但是
So the onion is ready, but…
你得握紧刀 像这样 这是最重要的
You must hold the knife, first of all, like this.
手腕 很简单 大拇指放这儿
Wrist, easy. Leave the thumb here.
手和刀一体
The hand and the knife are one.
另一只手 你得保护好
And the hand, the other hand, you must protect it.
看 只能切洋葱 好吧
Here, you must cut only the onion. Yes?
-不是我 -没错
– Not me. – Yes.
然后 把拇指放这 其他手指放这
And then, you put your thumb here and the other fingers here.
茱儿
Jule?
你不觉得自己太较真了
You’re being a little over-competitive, don’t you think?
你得去看看那些男人都是怎么看我的
Well, you should’ve seen the way those men looked at me.
就好像我是什么都不懂得家庭主妇
As if I were some frivolous housewife,
只是来找点事消磨时间
Just looking for a way to kill time.
好吧
Well…
-你要去哪 -不是这就好
– Where are you going? – Not here.
-你饿了吗 -还没
– You hungry? – No.

Good.
做得好 查尔德女士
Well done, Madame Child.
亲爱的艾维斯 我来蓝带厨艺学院已经三个星期了
Dear Avis, I’m in my third week at Le Cordon Bleu,
我感觉开心极了
And I’m in utter bliss.
每天早上6点30从床上爬起来
Every morning the alarm goes off at 6:30, and I leap out of bed.
我起床啦
I’m up!
7点30去上课 带着围裙 削土豆
By 7:30 I’m in class, in my apron, peeling potatoes.
我们煮汤 给鱼剔骨
Then we cook stock and we bone fish.
处理鸽子 我们用好多黄油做馅饼
We dress pigeons. We make pastry with so much butter,
光是看到就让你食指大动
It almost stops your heart just to look at it.
老师教得很快 我跟得很辛苦
My teacher moves so quickly I’m sometimes lost.
但我是全班最好的 比那些男人都好
But I’m way ahead of the others in the class, all of them men,
他们一直很不友善
And all of them very unfriendly,
但我无所畏惧
Until they discovered I was fearless.
他们那点想法我一看就明白
Something I realized about the same time they did.
上午的课12点30结束
Morning class ends at 12:30,
之后我回家给Paul做午饭
Then I go home and make lunch for Paul.
然后保罗会小睡一会儿
Then Paul takes a nap.
下午晚些时候
And later in the afternoon,
他回大使♥馆♥ 我去学校
He goes back to the embassy and I go back to school.
每人必备研钵和杵
You must have a mortar and pestle.
顺便提一句 我去学烹饪让我爸很怕
Incidentally, my father is horrified I’m going to cooking school.
还说要给钱雇厨师
Offered to give me extra money to hire a cook.
继续用 好玩 享受 这才最重要
Go on. Fun! Joy! This is what matters.
可能我是唯一一个在巴黎的美国人
I’m probably the only American I know in Paris
觉得买♥♥食物会比买♥♥条裙子更有趣
Who thinks shopping for food is as much fun as buying a dress.
当然 你也这么想吧
Course, you’d think so too,
如果你住的地方
If you lived in a country
完全没你能穿的号♥
Where absolutely nothing comes in my size.
还有 你知道如果不沥干肉
By the way, did you know that if you don’t dry meat,
它就不会上色的恰到好处吗
It won’t brown properly?
伊尔玛·龙鲍尔的那本书
Irma Rombauer doesn’t
“烹饪的乐趣”上可没提到这一点
Say a word about it in the joy of cooking.
艾维斯 我像在天堂一样
Avis, I am in heaven here.
我一直在寻找自己的事业
I’ve been looking for a career all my life…
-情人节快乐 -终于找到了
– Happy valentine’s day. – And I’ve found it.
我们在锡兰相遇
We met in Ceylon
当时都效力于战略情报局
When we were in the OSS.
他一开始可没注意到我
But he never noticed me at first.
才不是呢 我注意到你啦
Well, that’s not true. I noticed you.
一下就注意到你的长腿了
I noticed your legs straightaway.
你还真是直接
Ooh, you were such a rou?
-所有女人都喜欢他 -能怪她们吗
– All the women were mad for him. – Can you blame them?
之后 我们被派到中国
Anyway, we were sent off to china.
太好吃了 要我说的话
Absolutely delicious, if I do say so myself.
茱莉亚
Julia.
这学期上完
When you finish your term,
你都能在蓝带厨艺学院教书了
You’ll be teaching at Le Cordon Bleu.
得了吧
No, I don’t think so.
那个校长讨厌死我了
The woman who runs it absolutely hates me!
不可能有人讨厌你的
Come on. Oh, no one could possibly hate you.
那倒是 不过她确实讨厌我
That’s true. but she does.
你们是间谍吗
Were you spies?
不是 是 不是
No. Yes. No.
还挺机密的 对吧
Oh, so cagey, right?
你们在战略情报处
You were in the office of strategic services
却不是间谍
and you were not spies?
我就是管档案的
I was only a file clerk.
保罗呢
But Paul?
为蒙巴顿将军设计所有机密战略室
Paul designed all of the secret war rooms for General Mountbatten.
只是一些地图展品什么的 不是…
Well, just maps and exhibits and things. It wasn’t…
他做的 他促成了战争的胜利
He did! he single-handedly won the war for us.
我得做啊 得有人做 我的意思是
Well, I had to. someone did.
不然还得拖下去 不是吗
I mean, it was dragging on, wasn’t it?
总之 我们到了中国
Anyway, so there we were in China,
像朋友一样吃饭
Just friends having dinner,
就和茱莉亚走到一起了
And it turned out to be Julia.
一直就只是茱莉亚
It turned out to be Julia all along.
茱莉亚 就像是我面包上的黄油
Julia, you are the butter to my bread,
我生命中必不可少的空气
And the breath to my life.
我爱你 亲爱的
I love you, darling girl.
情人节快乐
Happy Valentine’s day.
亲爱的查理
Dear Charlie,
灶前的茱莉亚一样让我赏心悦目
Julia in front of her stove has the same fascination for me
就像是交响乐队里的鼓手
As watching a kettle drummer at the symphony.
烤箱的门开了又关
The oven door opens and shuts so fast,
你几乎看不到
You hardly notice
那灵巧的汤匙与锅有接触
The deft thrust of a spoon as she dips into a casserole,
而她已经拿在嘴边在尝味道了
And up to her mouth for a taste check
就像丝毫不间断的鼓点
Like a perfectly-timed double beat on the drums.
然后 她徒手
Then with her bare fingers,
从沸腾的锅里抓出一段肉卷
She snatches a set of cannelloni out of the pot of boiling water,
她尖叫道
And she cries,
“这该死的东西跟鸡♥巴♥一样烫”
” These damn things are as hot as a stiff cock. ”
-她说什么 -我明白你的意思
– She said what? – I know.
茱莉亚·查尔德说”像…”
Julia Child said, “hot as a…”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!