不信我等下那字典给你看
I’ll show you later in the dictionary.
我们一起看完整个食谱吧
I’ll go through the whole recipe with you.
-我为什么不去烹饪学校呢 -对啊
– Why don’t I go to cooking school? – Why don’t you?
-我说真的 -我也是啊
– I’m serious. – So am I.
天啊
Oh, my god.
如果你没爱上我会怎样呢
What if you hadn’t fallen in love with me?
我却爱上你了
But I did.
天啊
Oh, gosh.
昨天是2002年8月13号♥ 星期二
Yesterday was Tuesday, August 13th, 2002.
第一天 还剩36♥4♥天
Day one. 36♥4♥ days to go.
我煮的是洋蓟 用荷兰酸辣酱
I cooked artichokes with hollandaise sauce
就是将蛋黄加入
Which is melted butter
融化的黄油中搅拌而成
That’s been whipped into a frenzy with egg yolks.
搅拌直至完全融合
Until it’s died and gone to heaven.
我得说 还有什么比黄油更适合的呢
And let me say this. Is there anything better than butter?
再一想 每次吃到超乎想象的
Think it over. Every time you taste something
美食 你会问 这里面有什么呢
That’s delicious beyond imagining, and you say, “what is in this?”
答案总是黄油
The answer is always going to be “butter.”
真是美味啊
It’s incredible.
因为它们搭在一起太合适了
It’s been whisked into submission, that’s why.
如果有一天陨石撞地球
The day there’s a meteorite heading
我们只有30天的寿命
Toward the earth and we have 30 days to live,
我就天天吃黄油
I am going to spend it eating butter.
这就是今天的主题了
Here’s my final word on the subject.
黄油永不嫌多
You can never have too much butter.
8月24号♥ 第十一天
August 24th, day 11.
别让蘑菇聚堆
Is this what you mean when you say,
你是这个意思吗
“don’t crowd the mushrooms”?
这算聚堆吗
Is this a crowd?
还有353天 今天真难熬啊
353 days to go. A horrible day at work.
一个看似连苍蝇都不忍♥伤害的老太太
An old grandma who looked as if she wouldn’t harm a fly
居然说我是资本主义机关的走狗
Called me a pencil-pushing capitalist dupe.
但当我回到家中
But then I came home and
煮了炼乳 蘑菇 红酒炖鸡
Cooked chicken with cream, mushrooms and port,
我就忘了一切烦恼
And it was total bliss.
最重要的一点是
Here’s the big news.
原来我之前一直用错误的方法煮蘑菇
I had been cooking mushrooms the wrong way my entire life.
别让蘑菇聚堆 否则它们不会变色
Don’t crowd the mushrooms, otherwise they won’t brown.
不管你是谁 在听吗
Are you listening, whoever you are?
你一定会喜欢这个的
You’re gonna love that one.
第22天
Day 22.
这个用无花果酱来煮 棒极了
This one’s really good with fig jam.
昨晚 我鬼使神差地进了迪恩和德鲁卡 [美国连锁杂货店]
I got carried away in Dean & Decula.
花了我大半的工资
Last night and spent half my take-home pay.
我刚进地铁 就意识到我买♥♥的东西
And the first thing I realized when I got to the subway
包括一大包猫砂
With my groceries, a bag of cat litter,
一瓶必不可少的橄榄油
A bottle of olive oil I absolutely could not live without,
还有一大捧枝条
And a huge bunch of branches
那捧枝条倒是给了我不少麻烦
Was that the branches were probably not a good idea.
抱歉
Sorry.
他们刮到别人的脸上
They were slapping folks in the face
我一直紧张得要命
Right and left and I was sweating like a pig.
不奇怪
Not surprising,
我一直忙着烹饪各种美食
Since I’ve been way too busy cooking
而忘了锻炼
Fattening food to bother exercising.
接着回到家
And then I came home
妈妈就送了我一份大礼
And got a big vote of confidence from my mother.
告诉我你究竟在搞什么
Remind me again why you’re doing this…
-博客 -我才不管它是什么
– Blog. – Whatever it’s called.
妈 这是我的养生法
It’s a regimen, mom.
就像做仰卧起坐
Like doing sit-ups.
-那就是平添烦恼 -有什么烦恼
– Well, it’s just adding pressure. – What pressure?
你已经有一份全职工作 一个老公
You have a full-time job. You have a husband,
你却要写什么破博客
And now you’re gonna get sick from blogging.
-就好像习惯成自然 -你在说什么
– It’s sort of like being in aa. – What are you saying?
每天都有点事做
It gives you something you have to do every day,
一天一次
One day at a time.
你打哪学来这句话的
How do you know this lingo?
孩子 你是不是喝多了
Honey, are you an alcoholic?
我的意思是有短期目标对我来说也不错啊
I’m saying it’s good for me to have short-term goals.
这太扯了 愚蠢至极
Well, that is silly. That is just plain silly.
谁会读你的博客呢
Who’s reading this blog?
人啊 一定会有人读的 我肯定
People. people are reading it, I’m sure.
好吧 你可以这样做
Well, it’s something you decided to do,
你也可以不做
And you can decide not to,
那样的话就没人发疯了
and not one single person’s gonna mind.
妈 你还没明白吗 我刚开始做呢
No, don’t you get it? I just started.
我不会停下来 一定要完成它
I can’t stop, I have to finish.
那可是我的全部了
It’s all I’ve got.
喂 喂
Hello? Hello?
破电♥话♥
Stupid dead phone.
那不是你的一切
Hey, it’s not all you got.
我懂 我懂 我不是那个意思
I know. I know. I didn’t mean that.
昨天 我煮了鸡蛋
Yesterday, I poached an egg.
相比于有史以来第二倒霉的工作日
It seemed like the perfect thing to do
那简直是棒极了
On perhaps the second worst workday in recorded history.
告诉我你怎么可能一生中都没吃过鸡蛋
Explain to me how you’ve never eaten an egg in your whole life.
我当然吃过 蛋糕里的
I’ve had eggs in, like, cakes.
只是没试过仅是鸡蛋的鸡蛋
Never had an “egg” egg.
我小时候很任性的
I was a very willful child.
正炖着呢
It’s simmering.
我下意识的认为
I had this notion, god knows why,
煮鸡蛋肯定很简单
That poaching eggs would be simple.
但我大错特错了
But I was deeply wrong.
“用木匙轻柔迅速地
“Immediately and gently
把蛋白覆盖在蛋黄上
push the white over the yolk with a wooden spoon
持续2到3秒钟” 快啊
For two to three seconds.” Immediately.
好恶心
Disgusting.
可能是鸡蛋不新鲜呢
Oh, maybe the eggs aren’t fresh.
茱莉亚说蛋一定要新鲜
Julia says the eggs have to be fresh.
已经很新鲜了
They are fresh.
好吧 不要对我那么凶
Okay. You don’t have to bite my head off.
她确实是那么说的嘛
I’m just quoting julia.
我们三个都挤到厨房♥
It took three of us,
盯着煮鸡蛋的锅
Crammed into the kitchen over a pot of simmering water,
终于 我们成功了
But, eventually, we nailed it.
-你好 -欢迎啊
– Hello. – Welcome.
太可爱了
How cute is that?
我吃了这辈子第一个鸡蛋 第一个
And I ate my very first egg of my whole life, ever, ever, ever.
我一直以为鸡蛋又油又黏 实际吃起来
I thought eggs were going to be greasy and slimy, but it tastes like
有点像芝士酱 不错
Cheese sauce. Yum.
茱莉亚·查尔德 你太伟大了
Julia Child, you are so good.
-干杯 -干杯
– Cheers. – Cheers.
顺表说一下 酒真的很不错
And, may I say, excellent wine?
你觉得茱莉亚可能认识你吗
Do you think julia knows about you?
我当然想了
I wish.
想着有一天她能来吃晚餐
I have this fantasy that she comes for
我给她看我的柠檬剥皮器
Dinner and I show her my new lemon zester.
我们关系会很好
We become very close.
事实却是 没人认识我
The truth is, no one knows about me.
我觉得自己好像在做无用功
I feel like I’m just sending things into this giant void.
这倒提醒我了
Which reminds me.
安娜贝拉的博客 最近看了吗
annabelle’s blog. Have you read it lately?
看了
Yes.
-挺有意思的吧 -是吗
– It’s sort of funny. – Is it?
她和一个有钱人交往
She’s dating this rich guy who owns a plane.
叫莱斯特 有架飞机
His name’s Lester.
他们在空中做♥爱♥ 大家都喜欢看
And they do it in the air. People love it.
挺轰动的
It’s a huge hit.
如果你不喜欢自己的朋友 你怎么看
What do you think it means if you don’t like your friends?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!