I like his face. Tell me what he is.
我喜欢他的脸。告诉我他人怎么样。
He’s remarkable, difficult.
他很出众,但很难相处。
It’s not simple together.
要生活在一起不是件容易的事。
I don’t know how to describe him.
我不知道怎么形容他。
He’s an extraordinary kind of American man.
他是一个很特别的美国人。
– I want you to meet him.
– Mmm. I want to. I’m coming to New York.
– 我想让你见见他。
– 恩,我也想,我正打算去纽约。
– When?
– I’ll be coming in a few months.
– 什么时候?
– 几个月后。
I have to get a better leg.
我得换一条更好的腿。
We have to talk fast now.
There isn’t much time.
我们得讲得快一点,时间不多了。
I need you to do something else for me.
我还要让你帮我做件事。
I have a baby.
我生了一个孩子。
I’ll bring her with me
when I come to New York.
去纽约的时候我会把她一道带过来。
I want to leave her with you.
我想把她托付给你。
A little girl.
一个小女孩。
– Where is she?
– She’s across the border in Alsace.
– 她现在在哪里?
– 在阿尔萨斯的边境。
She lives with a baker’s family.
I can see her whenever I can cross over…
她住在一个面包师的家里。一有机会的话我就会过去看看她。
but she shouldn’t be in Europe.
但她不应该待在欧洲。
It ain’t a place for a baby these days.
对孩子来说这里不是适合她待的地方。
– What’s her name?
– Lilly.
– 她叫什么名字?
– 莉莉。
She’s fat. She’s handsome.
She’s very healthy.
她很胖,但很漂亮,身体也很好。
She’s nearly one year old.
她差不多快一岁了。
And I don’t even mind
that she looks like my mother.
我甚至不介意她长得像我妈妈。
I’ll take care ofher.
我会照顾她的。
Well, I won’t stay away long.
I can’t last much longer in Europe.
我不想在外面待太长时间,欧洲我没法再待下去了。
The crutches make me too noticeable.
这些拐杖让我太显眼了。
You won’t have to worry about anything.
There’s enough money.
你不用担心。有足够用的钱。
That doesn’t matter. You know that.
没关系的,你知道。
The father won’t disturb you.
He doesn’t want to have anything
to do with the baby or with me.
孩子的父亲不会来骚扰你的,他不想和我或是孩子有任何的关系。
I don’t know why I did it.
I don’t care. The baby’s good.
我不知道我为什么要这样做,我不在乎,反正孩子很好。
What is it? Why is it like this?
这算什么?为什么会是这个样子?
Are you as angry now as you used to be?
你现在还和以前一样愤世嫉俗吗?
Mm-hmm.
Yes. I try not to be, but there you are.
恩。是的,我试着不要这样子,但你出了这样的事。
I like your anger.
我喜欢你的愤世嫉俗。
You’re the only one who does then.
你是唯一一个喜欢我这样的人。
Don’t you let anybody talk you out of it.
别让别人改变你。
The man who’s going to take care
of you has just come into the street.
保护你的人现在在马路上。
He’ll make sure you get on the train safely.
他会确保你顺利上车的。
And there’ll be somebody who’ll stay with
you till you get to Warsaw tomorrow morning.
有人会陪你直到你明早抵达华沙。
I don’t want to leave you.
我不想离开你。
I want to stay with you a few more minutes.
我还想和你再待一会儿。
No. Something might still go wrong.
不行,可能还会出差错的。
We can’t be sure who anyone is anymore.
我们不能确定每个人的身份。
Now, I want you to stand up, take your hat…
现在,我要你站起来,拿着你的帽子…
Listen to me. Put your hat back on.
听我说。把帽子戴回头上。
Say good-bye to me and then go.
跟我告别,然后离开。
I’ll take care of Lilly. It’ll be wonderful.
我会照顾莉莉的,真是太好了。
Put your hat on.
戴上帽子。
Put the hat on.
戴上帽子。
Yes. My beloved friend.
好了,我亲爱的朋友。
[Whispers]
Leave.
走吧。
[Chattering]
– [Tires Screech]
– [Horn Honks]
Good night. Please follow me.
晚上好,请跟我来。
[Bell Dings]
Your ticket, please.
你的车票。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Take care of yourself. My best to everybody.
保重。代我向大家送去祝福。
Thank you very much.
My very best to you, sir. Thank you.
非常感谢。祝你一切顺利。谢谢。
My very best…
祝你一切顺利…
Thank you.
谢谢。
[Knocking]
[敲门声]
– Fraulein Hellman.
– Oui?
– 海尔曼小姐。
– 什么事?
You will be asleep
when the border is crossed to Poland.
进入波兰国境的时候估计你已经睡了。
I will put your suitcase outside for
the customs. I will not wake you, hmm?
我把你的手提箱放在外面好让他们做例行检查,这样不会吵醒你,好吗?
Thank you. Do you have a trunk?
谢谢。你有行李箱吗?
– Uh, yes. I have a white trunk
in the baggage compartment.
– Ah. I will need the key, please.
– 嗯,有,行李舱里有一个我的白色箱子。
– 啊,给我钥匙吧。
Thank you.
谢谢。
[Man] She’s turned into a wild socialist,
giving away all her money.
她变成了一个疯狂的社♥会♥主♥义♥者,为此她倾其所有。
I was with Anne Marie in Vienna,
and I was really in Elba most of the time.
我和安妮玛丽一起待在维也纳,实际上大部分时间我都待在厄尔巴岛。
I’m doing a book on Napoleon.
I tried to kill myself in Elba.
我在写一本关于拿破仑的书,在厄尔巴岛时我曾想要自杀。
Well, you do that every few years, Sammy.
你每过一段时间就这样,山姆。
I don’t think you should
continue with Napoleon, Sammy.
我觉得你不要再继续写什么关于拿破仑的书了,山姆。
Why don’t you try the Wright brothers?
Or one… one of them.
为什么你不试着写写赖特兄弟,或是他们中的一个?
Try Orville.
或者试试写奥维尔。
What about marriage?
结婚了吗?
– What about it?
– Still a virgin? Why don’t you
marry my brother Eliot?
– 怎么啦?
– 还是处♥女♥?为什么不嫁给我弟弟埃利奥特。
– I gotta go, Sammy.
– [Laughs] You’re afraid of me.
– 我要走了,山姆。
– 你怕我。
You still think I want to
get in your bloomers.
你还以为我想要上你。
God, Lilly, if you married Eliot,
I’d be your brother-in-law…
上帝啊,莉莉,如果你嫁给埃利奥特,我就是你哥哥…
– and Anne Marie would be your sister-in-law.
– Oy. Oy.
– 而安妮玛丽就是你的嫂嫂。
– 得了。
Too late for horror stories, Sammy.
现在讲这些讨厌的事情已经太晚了,山姆。
– You drink too much.
– Hey, you’re always so tough on Anne Marie.
– 你喝得太多了。
– 你对安妮玛丽老是很凶。
What did she ever do to you?
She’s really warm and passionate.
她有对你做过什么吗?她真的很热心啊。
Ask me. I know. By the way,
she saw your old friend Julia.
问问我吧,我知道。她说看到过你的朋友朱莉安。
– Where?
– In Vienna.
She’s turned into a wild socialist…
– 在哪?
– 在维也纳。她现在成了个疯狂的社♥会♥主♥义♥者。
giving away all her money.
把钱都投进她的事业里去了。
Listen, Sammy. You tell Anne Marie…
听着,山姆。你告诉安妮玛丽…
that I don’t want to hear any attacks
on Julia’s belief or on Julia’s life.
我不想听到任何对茱莉亚的信仰或是对她生活的抨击。
Not from her or from you.
不想听她说,也不想听你说。
– Good-bye, Sammy.
– Oh, come on, Lillian! Anne Marie
doesn’t hold ill thoughts.
– 再见,山姆。
– 哦,别这样,莉莉安。安妮玛丽没什么恶意。
You understand about relationships.
你知道所谓的人际关系。
Why, Anne Marie and I were
a battleground all our lives.
为什么安妮玛丽和我一直是冤家对头。
And here’s something you don’t know.
On my graduation day…
或许有件事你不知道,我毕业那天…
my little sister cried like an infant.
我小妹像小孩子一样哭得没完没了。
She took my arm and kissed me
and gave me a tender touch.
她拉着我的手,吻了我,给了我一个温柔的拥抱。
And within minutes…
within minutes, Lillian, it was done.
就那么短时间,就那么短的时间里,莉莉安,一切都完事了。
What I’d wanted to do all those years,
she had the same ideas as I had…
我多年来一直想做的事情,她也和我想的一样…
– tucked up inside her someplace.
– Oh, God.
– 就是找个地方和她做♥爱♥。
– 哦,天啊。
And to this day, of all the girls
I’ve ever had, my sister was the best.
直到今天,在我接触过的所有女人当中,我妹妹是最棒的。
She was thrilling, Lillian.