没有,夫人。她从来没在那家医院待过。
But I saw her!
They have to know where she went.
但我看见她了。他们肯定知道她去哪里了。
Madame, they do not even know the name.
夫人,他们甚至都没听到过这个名字。
[Lillian’s Voice] I gave up trying
to write the play and went back home.
我放弃了写剧本的念头,回到了家里。
Not long after that, I received a letter…
不久后,我收到一封信。
postmarked “Vienna.”
邮戳盖的是“维也纳”。
I could write her
in care of a post office box in London.
我可以给她写信,然后通过伦敦的邮箱转交给她。
She said not to worry and that one day…
她说不用担心,总有一天…
She said not to worry and that one day…
她说不用担心,总有一天…
she knew we would see each other again.
我们会再相聚的。
I tried to finish my play.
我设法完成我的剧本。
It’s gonna snow, Dash.
要下雪了,达西。
Dash?
达西?
[Grumbles]
[Yells]
[Dog Barking In Distance]
– Mmm.
– [Barking Continues]
– 恩。
You wanted to be a serious writer.
你想当一个严肃的作家。
That’s what I liked.
That’s what we worked for.
那是我所希望的,也是我们正在为之努力的。
I don’t know what happened,
but you’d better tear that up.
我不知道发生了些什么,但你最好把它撕了。
Not that it’s bad.
It’s just not good enough.
并不是不好,只是不够好。
Not for you.
对你来说不够好。
[Coughing]
[Gulls Squawking]
It’s the best play anyone’s written
in a long time.
这是很长一段时间以来写得最好的剧本了。
Are you sure?
你确定?
I’m positive.
我很有信心。
But are you sure?
你真的确定?
[Pats Lillian’s Knee]
[轻拍莉莉安的膝盖]
[Chattering]
[Diners Applauding]
[Cheering]
– [Chattering, Indistinct]
– Congratulations, Miss Hellman.
– 祝贺你,海尔曼小姐。
[Applause, Cheers Continue]
[鼓掌,干杯]
Bravo.! Bravo.!
太棒了!太棒了!
Lillian, it was beautiful.
莉莉安,太好了。
This is Max.
I made him come down and see it.
这是马♥克♥思♥。我让他过来看看。
Bravo.! Bravo.!
太棒了!太棒了!
– That was a play to be proud of.
– Wonderful.
– 一部值得骄傲的剧本。
– 太棒了。
Dash?
达西?
I hope I woke you up from a sound sleep.
希望我刚把你从好梦中叫醒。
Wanna hear the good news?
[Chuckles]
想听听好消息吗?
They think I’m wonderful.
他们认为我太棒了。
I’m the toast of the town.
我现在是城里的大红人。
Everybody came.
每个人都来了。
And you had to go to Hollywood.
你要去好莱坞。
Of course I’m drunk.
我当然醉了。
Been drunk for two days. How the hell
do you think I got through this night?
醉了两天。你以为我今天晚上是怎么度过的?
Who’s in bed with you, Dash?
谁在你床上,达西?
No, I won’t send you the reviews!
不,我不给你寄评论了。
Ye… But… Dash.
是的, 但是,达西。
The second act was fine!
You were right about everything.
第二幕很好。一切都如你所预料。
But you know that.
但是你知道的。
When are you coming home?
你什么时候回来?
[Horn Honking]
[Lillian] DearJulia, I sent you a copy
of my play. Did you ever get it?
亲爱的朱莉亚,我给你寄了一份我剧本的副本。你有收到吗?
It opened on Broadway,
just as we always pretended it would.
会在百老汇上演,就像我们假设的那样。
They liked it.
他们喜欢这个剧本。
I only wish you’d been there.
真希望你能在这里。
Maybe I wouldn’t have had to get so drunk.
也许我不该喝得那么烂醉如泥。
I haven’t heard from you in such a long time.
我好久都没收到你的信了。
[Horn Honking]
Royalties, Hammett!
版权费,汉密特!
More royalties!
还有更多的版权费!
[Chattering, Indistinct]
– I could buy a sable coat.
– If that’s what you want.
– 我能买♥♥件貂皮大衣了。
– 如果那是你想要的。
I have a right to have a sable coat.
我有资格要件貂皮大衣。
Maybe I ought to give my money to Roosevelt.
也许我该把钱给罗斯福。
– You could do that too.
– [Sighs]
– 你也可以那样做。
– [叹息声]
I’d look swell in a sable coat.
[Clicks Tongue]
我穿貂皮大衣的话一定会看起来很时髦。
– Dash?
– Hmm?
– 达西?
– 嗯?
I like being famous.
我喜欢出名的感觉。
You know what happens
when I go shopping for groceries now?
你知道现在我去买♥♥东西会怎么样?
I’m famous.
我成名了。
I buy mayonnaise and I’m famous.
我要买♥♥蛋黄酱,我成名了。
Get letters from people in Idaho.
有人从爱达荷州给我写信。
I don’t even know where Idaho is.
我甚至都不知道爱达荷州在哪里。
– You’re not listening to me.
– I’m listening to you, Lilly.
– 你不在听我讲。
– 我在听,莉莉。
Dash, I don’t want you to think
I just care about sable coats.
达西,我不希望你认为我只关心貂皮大衣。
I know that, Lilly.
我知道,莉莉。
You’ve been famous a long time,
Dash, and it never seems to bother you.
你成名这么长时间了,达西,但这似乎从来都不会困扰你。
[Sighs]
Ohh.! Aargh.!
哦。 啊。
This is a dopey conversation!
这些话太蠢了。
It’s only fame, Lilly.
不过是名声而已,莉莉。
Just a paint job.
就是一件描述性的工作而已。
If you want a sable coat, buy one.
如果你要一件貂皮大衣,那就买♥♥一件。
Just remember, it doesn’t have
anything to do with writing.
只要记得,这和写作没有任何关系。
It’s only a sable coat and doesn’t
have anything to do with writing.
就只是一件貂皮大衣,而这和写作没有任何关系。
Well, you’ll never
find anybody who fishes better than I do.
你会发觉没人会比我做得更好。
No. Never. Not as long as I live.
不,绝对不会。只要我还活着。
Why won’t you come to Russia
with me, Dash?
你为什么不跟我一块去俄♥国♥,达西?
I don’t wanna go to Russia.
我不想去俄♥国♥。
Why not?
Don’t you wanna see the Russian theater?
为什么不想?难道你不想看看俄♥国♥的剧院?
I don’t give a damn
about the Russian theater.
我才不关心什么俄♥国♥的剧院呢。
Oh, come on.
哦,去吧。
Come with me to Russia, Dash.
和我一起去俄♥国♥吧,达西。
We could stay in Paris for a while first.
我们可以先在巴黎待一会儿。
See the Eiffel Tower.
看看艾菲尔铁塔。
Come on.
去吧。
[Grumbles]
[Lillian Grumbling]
Now you’ve been invited to Moscow?
有人请你去莫斯科吗?
What is that, some sort of political thing?
去干什么,政♥治♥活动吗?
[Chuckles]
Not exactly. No, Anne Marie, it’s, uh…
不是。不是的,安妮玛丽,就是…
It’s only a theater festival.
就是一个戏剧节。
Oh, did you know
about the McPhee boy, the little one?
哦,你知道麦克菲家的孩子吗,小的那个?
He was killed in Spain. Imagine
having your brother die a Communist.
他在西班牙被杀了。设想一下你的兄弟死在一个共♥产♥主义者的手下。
I’m sorry he lost his life,
but I wonder why they rush over there.
很遗憾听到他的死讯,但我在想他们跑去那里干什么。
By the way, I tried to seeJulia
in Vienna, but she wouldn’t see me.
在维也纳我曾想见朱莉亚,但她不肯见我。
She’s leading a strange life,
pretending not to be rich…
她现在的生活很奇怪,假装清贫。
doing something called anti…
uh, antifascist work.
做着一些反…嗯,反法♥西♥斯♥的工作。
Didn’t she drop out of medical school?
她从医学院辍学了吗?
– Yes.
– Do you ever hear from her?
– 是的。
– 有收到过她的信吗?
Well, I’m glad you had time to see me.
很高兴你能抽空来看我。
You look so very slim, Lillian.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!