– It’s all right.
– [Gasping Continues]
– 都过去了。
All right. Go back to sleep.
好了,去睡吧。
– Please, ma’am, you’ll have to wait outside.
– I will not wait outside.
– 夫人,请你在外面等。
– 我不要在外面等。
What’s the trouble, Anna?
怎么了,安娜?
Raines, do you remember me?
雷尼斯,还记得我吗?
I used to come here
with Julia on weekends.
以前周末的时候我常常和茱莉亚一起过来。
Remember, when we were just little children?
还记得吗,当时我们还小?
You remember, her friend, Lillian.
你记得吗?她朋友——莉莉安。
– I’m afraid I don’t.
– Of course, you do.
– 恐怕我不记得了。
– 你当然记得。
– Please, to step outside, madam.
– I will not please…
– 请你出去,夫人。
– 我不会…
to step anywhere until I talk
toJulia’s grandparents.
到别的地方去的,除非我能和茱莉亚的外祖父母谈谈。
– They’re on a cruise, madam. They will
not be returning for eight weeks.
– I don’t believe you.
– 他们出去旅行了,夫人,要8个礼拜后才回来。
– 我不相信你说的话。
– I will take the information…
– Julia has been murdered!
– 我会转达你的消息的…
– 茱莉亚死了!
It’s not to be referred to as “information.”
这可不是平常所谓的“消息”。
I have her ashes, and I want them to tell
me what I’m supposed to do with them.
我有她的骨灰,我想让他们告诉我该怎么处理。
– If you don’t leave, I shall have to call…
– She has a child!
– 如果你不走的话,我就要叫…
– 她还有个孩子。
– Don’t they care about
their granddaughter’s child?
– If you don’t leave, madam…
– 难道他们对自己外孙女的孩子一点都不关心吗?
– 如果你再不离开,夫人…
– I shall have to call the police.
– Hello!
– 我就要叫警♥察♥了。
– 有人在吗?
[Sobbing]
[Sniffles, Sobs]
[Sobbing Continues]
They never wanted to find the baby.
他们从没想过要把这个孩子找回来。
[Sobbing]
I did.
但我想。
You tried.
你已经试过了。
I didn’t try hard enough.
我没尽全力。
You hired detectives. You had lawyers.
你雇了侦探,请了律师。
– You did what you could.
– [Weeping] I don’t know.
– 你已经尽力了。
– 我不知道。
They never wanted to find the baby.
他们从没想过要把这个孩子找回来。
They wanted Julia’s money, and they got it.
他们只想拿到茱莉亚的钱,现在他们已经拿到了。
– I know, the bastards.
– So now let it be.
– 我知道,一帮混♥蛋♥。
– 随它去吧。
There’s something else now.
There’s a war going on over there.
还有件事,现在那边正在打仗。
[Whimpering Sob]
Maybe she’s alive in it.
也许她还活着。
The baby’s dead, Lilly.
孩子死了,莉莉。
[Sobbing]
I won’t believe that. You don’t know that.
我不相信,你并不知道真正的情况。
Lillian! The baby is dead.
莉莉安,孩子死了。
Julia was and isn’t. That’s all.
茱莉亚死了,孩子也死了,就是这样。
[Sighs]
And when you die,
will you want me to feel that way about you?
你死的时候,你想让我对你有同样的感受吗?
I’ll outlive ya.
我会比你更长命的。
Oh, maybe not. You’re stubborn.
哦,或许不会。你太固执了。
[Lillian’s Voice]
Hammett didn’t outlive me.
汉密特最终还是比我早走一步。
We lived together,
off and on, for… 30 years.
我们断断续续在一起住了30年。
And I’ve gone on
for a good many years since.
后来我独自一人过了好多年。
Sometimes fine, not always.
有时过得还不错,但不总是这样。
But he was right. I am stubborn.
不过他说得对,我太固执了。
I haven’t forgotten either of them.
我忘不了他们两个。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!