你懂吗 住在一起的那种
You know, together-together?
我不知道在你的星球上有没有这种情况
I don’t know if you have that on your planet,
两个性别相同的人能够爱上对方
where two people of the same sex end up loving each other,
但在过去的数年间
but it’s been happening here a lot
这种情况在这里时有发生
over the last few years.
我从一开始就跟她说 我不在乎她的选择
I let her know from the start that it didn’t make a hair’s difference to me.
但谁能知道 她俩总是待在
And, uh, wouldn’t you know, they spend all their time
莉莎母亲那里 却从不来看望我
sucking up to her mother instead of coming out here to see me.
我有三年没有亲眼见到她们本人了
I haven’t seen them in person in– in three years.
我发誓 我平时不会讲这么多话
I swear to God, I don’t normally talk this much!
米尔顿 你会记不起来
Milton, do you find yourself having trouble
伴随了自己一辈子的个人信息吗
recollecting information about yourself that you’ve known all your life?
比如你的生日 你的中间名
Your birthday, your middle name?
你会把物件放到你从不会放到的地方
Do you leave objects in places where they normally don’t go
然后过一阵子才想起来吗
and not realize until later?
不会
No.
爸爸 -我不会
Dad. – I don’t.
他把一罐青豆放在了浴室柜里
He left a can of green beans in the bathroom cabinet.
只发生过那么一次 我可能只是一时糊涂了
That was just once. I was probably just confused.
我在冰箱里发现过一份报纸
I found a newspaper in the freezer.
那也只发生过一次
That also was just once.
但是爸爸 这不是重点
But Dad, that’s not the point.
重点是这类事发生的总次数很多
The point is that together, they’re kinda happening often.

He, uh…
他跟科拉多的收营员说有个外星人住在他的房♥子里
he told the cashier at Corrado’s that there was an alien living in his house.
米尔顿 你记得自己说过那句话吗
Milton, do you remember saying that?
我记得
Yeah.
你记得你为什么要那么说吗
Do you remember why you said that?
我就开个玩笑
It was a joke.
我不觉得你那时是当笑话讲 我觉得你是认真的
I don’t think it was a joke when you said it. I think that you meant it.
我觉得他认为自己房♥子里住了一个外星人
I think that he thought that there was an alien living in his house.
米尔顿 我接下来要讲的确实是个敏感话题
Milton, this is a sensitive subject to bring up,
但依照你的年龄 并且综合你现在思维中的缺陷来看
but at your age, and with these deficits in your thinking,
也许是时候考虑过辅助生活了
it may be time to consider options for assisted living,
比如可以聘请一位家庭护理师
such as an in-home caregiver
或者搬去有辅助设施的地方住
or moving to an assisted-living facility.
不行 -爸爸 留下来听听她给你提的建议吧
Nope. – Dad, just try to listen to what she has to say!
不行 很抱歉 我该走了
No, I’m sorry. I need to go.
我得去 安德森·库珀已经开始了
I’ve got a– Anderson Cooper is on.
爸爸 等一下
Dad. Wait.
你给我下套 你个王八犊子 你陷害我
You set me up! God damn it, you set me up!
我做的这一切都是因为我担心你啊
I did it because I’m worried about you.
你把我带到这里来 让她给我做那个测试
You brought me here, had her spring that test on me
甚至根本没有给我个机会去学习
without even giving me a chance to study!
我只是想帮你 -我不需要你帮我
I’m trying to help. – I don’t need your help!
嘿 米尔顿
Hey, Milt.
我在给他读书 我从莫妮卡的婴儿用品里面找到的
I’m just reading him a book I found in Monica’s baby things.
米乐迪
Milty?
一切都还好吗 -我很好
Is everything okay? – I’m fine!
你确定你很好吗
Are you sure you’re fine?
好吧 我回头再跟你说
All right. I’ll talk to you later.
他已经吃过午饭了
He’s had lunch.
丹妮斯觉得我记忆力在衰退 她想把我关在家里
Denise thinks I’m losing it. She wants to put me in a home.
可能是因为我叫她去修电视的次数太多了
I think I called her too many times to fix the TV system.
我不怎么跟我儿子说话
I don’t talk to my son.
他不太喜欢我
He doesn’t like me very much.
我理解 我不太擅长
I understand it. I wasn’t good at…
做一位父亲
being a dad.
所以我就索性不做了
So I stopped.
继续做你不擅长的事情根本没有意义
No sense keeping going with something you’re not good at.
你好 我是帝姆 我现在不方便接电♥话♥
Hi, this is Tim. I am unavailable at the moment.
请给我留言
Please leave a message.
嘿 帝姆
Hey, Tim.
是爸
It’s Dad.
希望你一切都好
Hope things are good there.
秋天快到了
Fall’s starting to show up here.
丹妮斯的诊所搬走了
Denise’s clinic has moved,
搬到林肯大道新洗车场旁边去了
next to that new car wash out on Lincoln.
是你之前在的那个地方吗
Was that here when you were here?
我不知道
I don’t know.
让我们拭目以待她怎么处理那边的噪音吧
We’ll see how she deals with the noise.
狗急了也会跳墙呢
Maybe the dogs will get riled up.
我清楚我在你成长过程中的缺席
I know I wasn’t there for you in ways I should’ve been.
你值得更好的生活
You deserved better.
但是 这些应该也足够了 你觉得呢
But enough’s enough, don’t you think?
我好像理解了你的想法
Looks like I got your machine.
好了 把手举起来
All right. Arms in the air.
我来可以吗
May I?
你可以把手放下了
You can put your arms down now.
这是她以前的衣服
It’s from back in the day
那时候她对这种事还喋喋不休呢
when she could not shut up about it.
我以为她是同性恋呢
I thought she was a lesbian.
她是啊
She is.
感觉像个玩笑
It’s some sort of joke.
起码他再也不用光着身子了
at least he’s not naked anymore.
我不太确定
I’m not sure myself
他裸体过
that he was.
我觉得如果我们给他起个名字
I also thought it might be nice
应该会很不错
if we gave him a name.
你觉得有必要吗 他就在这儿
Do you think that’s necessary? He’s just here.
我觉得没必要给他起个名字
I don’t see the need to call him anything.
比如说 我们谈论他的时候就得叫他的名字
Well, for instance, when we talk about him.
你觉得什么名字比较好 -我有个想法
What do you suggest? – Well, I had an idea.
我觉得这个想法非常好
And it just feels right.
你觉得我们叫他朱尔斯怎么样
You think we can call him Jules?
非常完美
Good as anything else.
但是我还是不会叫他名字的
But I’m not gonna call him anything.
如果他就在这
If he’s just here,
我就不需要叫他名字
then I don’t need to call him anything.
政♥府♥仍持续向民众寻求帮助
The government continues to ask the public for help
寻找近日在宾州与俄亥俄州边界附近
in its search for parts of a satellite
从天而降的卫星零件
they say fell out of the sky near the Pennsylvania-Ohio border recently.
如有了解相关失事设备信息者
They are offering a reward of $10,000
可提供一万美元奖励
to anyone with information about the crashed apparatus.
谁啊
Who is it?
乔伊斯来了 -怎么办
It’s Joyce! – What do we do?
带朱尔斯上楼
Take Jules upstairs!
乔伊斯 最近怎么样
Joyce! How are you?
米尔顿和我正在吃晚饭
Milt and I were just having a– a little dinner.
你要一起吃吗 -我看到外星人了
Would you like to join? – I seen the alien.
哦 我的妈呀 这他妈真的是个外星人
Oh, my goodness, it’s a goddamn extraterrestrial.
直觉告诉我你没撒谎
I had a feeling you weren’t lying.
我知道你在记忆力在衰退 但没那么快
I knew you were slipping but not that fast.
你为什么要监视我们
Why were you spying on us?
我觉得你们在一块就不太正常
I thought it was odd the two of you hanging out together.
那你也不应该监视我们
You shouldn’t have spied on us.
他的眼睛里透露着聪慧
His eyes are so understanding.
我能摸摸吗 -别上手
May I touch him? – Hey!
她不应该知道的 这是个秘密
She shouldn’t know! This is a secret.
不应该告诉她 -冷静点
She– she shouldn’t know! – Guys, calm down.
好了 都冷静 你们要吓到朱尔斯了
Just, everybody, calm down. You’re scaring Jules.
朱尔斯 这名字不适合它
Jules? He’s no Jules.
盖里或者内奥米更适合他
He’s more of a Gary or– or a Naomi.
他名字就叫朱尔斯
His name is Jules,
米尔顿你也听着 她现在加入我们了
and listen, Milton, she’s in on it now, okay?
所以我们要相信她 也没有别的办法了
So we got to trust her. There’s nothing else we can do.
我们可以杀了她 -杀了我
We could kill her. – Kill me?
你可不能杀了我 我会杀了你的
You can’t kill me. I’ll kill you.
我保证 -别吵了
That’s what I’ll do! – Guys, stop it!
你们怎么知道他没有危险
How do you know he’s not dangerous?