我会向您同步这个激动人心的项目的最新进展
I will keep you updated on this exciting project.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们应该换掉我们镇的标语 使其更清晰易懂
We should change the town motto to something clearer,
“适合叫家的好地方”有歧义
because “A Great Place to Call Home”
意思也许是你可以打电♥话♥给家人
can mean you’re calling home.
我认为在特伦特街上应该增设一条人行道
I feel there needs to be a crosswalk
在弗罗斯特和阿勒格尼之间
on Trent Avenue between Frost and Allegheny.
弗罗斯特和阿勒格尼离得太远
I feel it is too far between Frost and Allegheny,
没有人行道 会助长乱穿马路
and– and– and it encourages people to jaywalk,
可能会出车祸
and they can die.
另外 一架飞碟坠毁在我家后院
Also, a UFO has crashed in my backyard
还压坏了我的杜♥鹃♥花和鸟盆
and has taken out my azaleas and has destroyed my bird bath.
你刚说”飞碟” -对
Did you just say “UFO”? – Yes.
它坠毁在了我家后院
It has crashed in my backyard
还压坏了我的杜♥鹃♥花和鸟盆
and taken out my azaleas and destroyed my bird bath.
你不该说那种话
You should not talk like that!
你那样说话 他们会拿我们不当回事
When you talk like that, it makes them all take us less seriously.
但我说的是真的 一艘飞船坠毁在了我家后院 压坏了我的杜♥鹃♥花
But it’s true. A spaceship crashed in my backyard and crushed my azaleas.
没在跟你开玩笑 你不能说那种话
I’m dead serious! You should not talk like that.
那样很不恰当
It is not good.
我应该怎么做 闭口不提吗
What should I do? Not tell anybody?
晚安 乔伊斯 下周见
Good night, Joyce. See you next week.
米尔顿
Milton?
要载你一程吗 -我走路就行
You want a ride? – I can walk.
没关系 我可以送你
I can give you a lift. It’s no problem at all.
你还好吗 米尔顿 -嗯
Is everything okay, Milt? – Yeah.
你没事吧
You feeling well?
就是飞船这件事让我头疼
Except for this situation with the spaceship.
有什么我能帮忙的 你尽管说
If there’s anything I can do, you let me know.
好吧
I suppose.
保重 米尔顿
You take care, Milt.
天呐
Oh, my.
屋里暖和点 你想进去吗
It’s warmer inside. Do you wanna come inside?
你想进屋吗 屋里暖和些
Do you wanna come inside? ‘Cause it’s warmer in here.
我有点手足无措
I’m not sure what to do.
我第一次遇到这种事
This hasn’t happened to me before.
糟了
Shoot!
刚才是烧水壶响了 抱歉
That was the kettle. Sorry.
我看你把水喝完了 想再来点吗
I saw you’d finished your water, so maybe you want more.
看来我猜对了
Looks like I was right.
我给你拿了几种食物
I brought you a bunch of different things
不确定你想吃哪种
’cause I wasn’t sure what you’d eat.
你喜欢苹果
You liked the apples.
那是最后一个了
That was the last one.
嘿 克拉伦斯 -我是米尔顿
Hey, Clarence! – I’m Milt.
好嘞
Okay.
买♥♥这么多苹果啊
That’s a lot of apples!
给我家里的外星人买♥♥的
They’re for the alien that’s back in my house.
你是说非法入境的外国人 还是…
You mean an illegal alien, or…
不 就是 外太空来的外星人
No. Like, an alien from outer space.
几天前 一艘飞船坠毁在了我家后院
A ship crashed in my backyard a couple nights ago,
然后一个外星人爬出飞船
and an alien came crawling out of it,
目前为止 他只吃苹果
and so far, the only thing he eats is apples.
一共11.32美元
Be $11.32.
政♥府♥在搜寻一颗气象卫星的碎片
The government is searching for pieces of a weather satellite
据悉 它是在宾州上空解体的
they say disintegrated over Western Pennsylvania.
政♥府♥要求碎片的发现者千万不要触碰它
They ask that anyone who comes across parts of the fallen device not touch it.
你在监禁期间 落下了残疾
During the time you were incarcerated, you were also receiving disability.
是的
Yes.
在麦金利…
Here in McKinley–
抱歉
I’m sorry.
我只是
I’m just…
习惯了一个人住
…u– used to living alone.
你能走了
You’re walking.
好事啊
That’s a good sign.
也许我可以带你四处转转
Maybe I’ll show you around.
这里是浴室
This is the bathroom.
热水和冷水都有
You got hot water, cold.
如果热水不热
If the hot doesn’t come out right away,
等一会儿就好
just give it a minute.
这是方便的地方
Here’s where you do your business.
上厕所的时间长的话 这有书可以看
There’s things to read, if it takes a while.
这是客房♥
This is the guest bedroom.
如果你需要过夜 可以睡这里
If you need to stay the night, this is where you’ll sleep.
那是个礼物
It was a gift.
后院 你已经知道了 你压坏了我在那里栽种的杜♥鹃♥花
The backyard, you already know. That’s where you crashed into my azaleas.
这事儿我们以后再说
We’ll have a word about that later.
厨房♥
The kitchen.
这是我用来提醒自己的便签
Here’s where I leave myself reminders.
这里是客厅
And this is the living room.
我主要在这看电视
I mainly use it to watch TV.
你可以用这个遥控器来控制电视
And you use this one to control everything.
另一个遥控器唯一的作用就是调节音量
The only thing you use this one for is to change the volume.
如果你按了其他按键 我就得叫丹妮斯过来
If you change anything else, then I have to call Denise over
为这事儿她可没少对我发火
and she gets irritated with me.
这个频道会播放实时新闻
This channel shows the news that’s happening.
这个频道也是新闻 但是里面的人更暴躁
This channel’s the same, but the people are a little angrier.
这个频道每天播放三次《犯罪现场调查》
This channel shows CSI three times a day.
我喜欢这部剧 因为它的剧情总是出人意料
I like CSI because it always surprises me.
你以为剧情会这样走 但突然 嗖的一下 剧情反转了
You think it’s going this way, but suddenly– Ooh! It’s going this way instead.
介绍一下我的家人
This is my family.
我妻子不幸过世了
She unfortunately has passed away.
我女儿住在镇上 我儿子住在加利福尼亚
She lives in town. He lives in California.
大概十年前为了工作搬过去的
Moved there about ten years ago for a job.
我很少听闻他的消息
I don’t hear from him much.
没关系
Th– that’s– That’s okay.
年轻人都忙
Young people are busy.
我在他这个年纪也很忙
I was busy at his age.
七点了
It’s seven o’clock.
我忘了告诉你
I forgot to tell you…
舞蹈表演要开始了
about the dance show.
你好 丹妮斯 – 你好 戴夫
Hey, Denise! – Hi, Dave!
诊所怎么样了
How’s the clinic going?
目前为止 我已经做了两个阉♥割♥手术和三个切除卵巢手术
Well, so far I’ve had two neuters and three spays,
今天才过半 所以…
and the day’s only half over, so…
你♥爸♥刚才来过
Your dad was in here earlier.
他说的话让我觉得有点奇怪
He said some stuff which struck me as a little strange.
是嘛 – 对 我不想小题大做
Uh-huh. – Yeah, I don’t mean to make a mountain out of it,
但他说他买♥♥苹果
but he said he was buying apples
是为了给他家里的外星人吃
for an alien that was staying with him.
是非法入境的外国人吗
Like an illegal alien?
不 是外太空来的外星人
No, like an alien from outer space.
你觉得他是在开玩笑吗
Do you think that he was joking?
他不像是开玩笑的样子
He didn’t seem to be joking.
噢 你好 丹妮斯 – 听着
Oh, hi, Denise. – Listen.
爸 我不想吵架
Dad, I don’t wanna argue.
你已经78岁了 最近三年你从来没有去看过医生
You’re 78 years old, and you haven’t seen a doctor in three years.
求你了 让我给你预约一次体♥检♥
Please let me schedule you a checkup.
我送你过去 他们给你检查 仅此而已
And I’ll take you, and they’ll check you out, and that’ll be that.
但我没事 丹妮斯 我不需要看医生
But I’m fine, Denise. I don’t need a doctor.
好 如果你没事 那医生会告诉你的
Well, if you’re fine, then they’ll tell you that you’re fine,
就这么简单
and that’ll be that!
我不想听到你拒绝
And I’m not taking no for an answer.
好吧 我想拒绝 但你话已至此 我想还是算了
Well, I’d rather say no, but in that case, I guess.
谢谢
Thank you.
你收到我的留言了吗
Did you get my message?
没有 有提示说我的邮箱满了吗
No. Did it say that my mailbox was full?
记着 如果我的邮箱满了 我是收不到留言的
Remember, if my mailbox is full, I’m not gonna get the message.
好了 你快去接电♥话♥ 我要迟到了
All right, you should get that. And I’m late.
晚点再聊 好吗
I’ll talk to you later, okay?