越过这堵墙你看到了什么
What do you see beyond this wall?
想象一下
Picture it.
你有想象力 想一想
You’ve got an imagination. Go ahead.
我看到的是中西部的一个小城镇
What I see is a small town in the Midwest.
有几座教堂
Handful of churches.
有不少供农夫消遣买♥♥醉的地方
Some places for the farmers to get drunk together.
或许还有一家美发店 供他们的老婆假日做头发
Maybe a salon for their wives to do their hair on the holidays.
我前去那些地方
I visit these places.
那些人为我们送上收益
These are the people who send us our profits,
送上你的工资
who send us your wages.
我是拍电影的 朱迪 但你是那个
I make movies, Judy, but it’s your job
给他们筑梦的人
to give those people dreams.
经济形势太差 他们愿意为你花钱
The economy’s in the gutter, and they pay for you.
我再告诉你点别的事情
And I’ll tell you something else.
相信我 所有那些小城镇里
In every one of those towns, believe me,
都有比你更漂亮的女孩
there’s a girl who’s prettier than you.
或许她们的鼻梁要比你的窄一点
Maybe their nose is a little thinner at the bridge.
她们的牙齿比你的整齐点
They have better teeth than you.
或者她们更高更瘦
Or they’re taller or they’re slimmer.
但是你却有那些漂亮女孩绝对没有的特质
Only, you have something none of those pretty girls can ever have.
知道是什么吗
You know what that is?
不知道 先生
No, sir.
你那美妙的嗓音
You have that voice.
它能带你去奥兹国
It’ll maybe take you to Oz,
那些漂亮女孩绝对无法企及的仙境
someplace none of those pretty girls can ever go.
然而我却听说你还是不快乐
Still, I’m told you’re unhappy.
不是 先生 不是不快乐
Well, no, sir, not unhappy.
我只是想多要一点时间
I’d just maybe like a little more time.
要时间 干什么
Time? For what?
我不知道
I don’t know.
或许可以像其他女孩那样去看电影
Maybe to go to the pictures like those other girls do.
但是那些女孩长大以后 会成为出纳员
The thing is, those other girls will grow up to be cashiers
农夫的妻子 还有小学老师
and farmers’ wives and elementary school teachers.
她们会眼看着自己的皮肤因家务活而变得粗糙
And they’ll see their skins roughed up through housework.
那就是你想要的吗 朱迪
Is that what you want, Judy?
就做个家庭主妇
To be just a housewife?
就做个母亲
To be just a mother?
离开这里
Out there,
你就必须抛弃自己的嗓音
you’d have to put away that voice of yours.
忘记它的存在
Forget it exists.
但在这里 跟我们 跟你的家人在一起
But here, with us, with your family,
你的嗓音将让你不到二十岁就成为百万富翁
that voice will make you a million dollars before you’re 20.
那些平凡的孩子都被平凡地爱着
Those average kids, they’re all loved, in their way.
我可以理解有时候
I can see how you may be drawn to it,
你可能会被她们渺小的人生吸引
from time to time. Their small lives.
不太危险 不太刺♥激♥
Not too dangerous. Not too exciting.
活得本本分分
They’re where they belong.
或许你觉得自己和她们一样
And maybe you feel like you’re like them.
但你和她们不同
But really, you’re not.
你生活在一个完全不同的世界里
You live in another world entirely.
她们只是长得像你
They just look like you.
但如果你真想加入她们的队伍
But if you truly wanna go join them,
决定权在你
it’s your decision.
我们握手告别 你走出制片厂大门
We’ll shake hands and you can walk through our gates.
我保证门外面
I guarantee it’s all there,
所有美国民众 正等待着
the rest of America, just waiting to
将你生吞活剥 然后遗忘至脑后
swallow you up and forget all about you.
好似一颗滴入太平洋的雨滴
Like a raindrop falling into the Pacific.
谁会在乎 谁又会注意到
Who cares? Who even notices?
路易·B·梅耶是米高梅公♥司♥创始人之一
被称为”好莱坞之王” 创立了奥斯卡奖
我当然想留在制片厂 路易·B
Of course I wanna stay with the studio, LB.
哪个女孩不想成为桃乐茜
Any girl would kill to be Dorothy.
我真的非常抱歉
I’m just terribly sorry if…
我甚至没有跟任何人说过
I didn’t even say anything to anyone.
你是我的最爱 朱迪
You’re my favorite, Judy.
还有谁试镜了
Who else have we had in?
今早秀兰·邓波儿来了
Shirley Temple this morning.
人人都爱秀兰
Everybody loves Shirley.
看看朱迪比得上吗
Let’s see how Judy measures up.
朱 迪
乔伊 你又长高了吗
Joey, did you grow again?
是吧
I guess.
你能不能一次长完
Well, could you at least do it all at once?
一个周末长到顶点
Just get it over with one weekend?
因为你每长三公分 就得买♥♥条新裤子
‘Cause it’s a new pair of pants every time you add an inch.
爸爸说维生素让我长高了
Dad says vitamins make me grow.
那我们就不吃了
So, we’ll cut those out.
开玩笑的 宝贝
I’m kidding, darling.
有个高大的儿子是好事
It’s a wonderful thing to have a son big enough
他可以把妈妈抱上车
he can carry his mother to the car.
洛娜 宝贝 让我看看你
Lorna, sweetheart, let me see you.
我们先做什么呢
What are we doing first?
按惯例吧 可以吗
The usual. Is that okay?
-好 -你很漂亮 宝贝
– Yeah. – You look gorgeous, sweetheart.
你的酬劳准备好了
So, I have your money.
外面的观众会为你痴狂的
Crowd’s gonna go crazy out there.
一百五十美元
So, it’s $150.
我知道这恐怕
I know it’s not maybe
-比不上你以前的标准 -不不 我很感激
– what you’re used to, but… – No, no, I appreciate it.
-好吧 -真的
– All right. – I do.
-准备好了吗 -当然了
– Okay, you ready? – Sure.
-跟我来 -走吧
– Follow me. – Go on.
好了 各位
All right, folks…
我们就像在纽约那样做 好吗
We’ll just do what we did in New York, yeah?
希望你们准备好了 热烈鼓掌吧
Hope you’re ready. Put your hands together.
好了 走吧 走吧
Okay, let’s go, let’s go.
阿尔塔迪纳的朋友们 你们好吗
How are you tonight, Altadena?
好莱坞的传奇明星
One of Hollywood’s true legends,
有请朱迪·加兰女士
Miss Judy Garland.
我今晚给你们准备了非常特别的惊喜
Well, I’ve got something very special planned for you this evening.
我把我的孩子带来了
I’ve brought my children along.
这一趟真够累的
What a journey.
抱歉已经这么晚了
I’m sorry it’s so late.
你好吗 乔吉
How you doing, Georgie?
我很好 谢谢 加兰女士 你好吗
I’m okay, thank you, Miss Garland. And you?
凑活吧
Stumbling along.
我们出城期间有人留言吗
Any messages while we were out of town?
应该没有
I don’t think so.
好吧 能把我的钥匙给我吗
Okay. Well, could I just have my key, please?
公园四季酒店
加州洛杉矶
我去跟霍罗威茨先生确认一下 稍等
Let me check something with Mr. Horowitz. One moment.
妈妈 能叫客房♥服务吗 我没吃晚饭
Can we get room service, Mama? I missed dinner.
当然了 亲爱的 你想吃什么都行
Sure, sweetheart. Anything you want.
-加兰女士 -太客气了 叫我朱迪
– Miss Garland. – Oh, please. I’m Judy.
-能跟你说几句吗 -能改天吗
– Could I have a word? – Can it wait?
我们太想去睡觉了
We’re just desperate to get to bed.
洛娜 宝贝 告诉彼得你想吃什么
Lorna, darling, tell Peter what you want
他会去帮你准备的
and he’ll take care of it.
汉堡和薯条 谢谢
A hamburger and fries, please.
我很想喝碗热汤
You know, I’d love a bowl of soup.
还要杯饮料 伏特加加冰
And a drink. Vodka rocks.
算了 不要汤了
You know what, forget the soup.
我连拿勺子的力气都没有
I’m too tired to even wield a spoon.
非常抱歉 您的套房♥已被退房♥[释放]I’m very sorry, but your suite has been released.
“释放”是什么意思
What do you mean, “released”?
跟大楼脱离了吗
It’s not still attached to the building?
跑去哪里了呢
Where exactly has it gone?
我想您的账户欠款未还
I believe your account was in arrears.
不 不 我不…我不这么想
No. No, I don’t… I don’t think that’s the case.
-套房♥被退房♥了 -那就给我收回来
– The room got released. – So un-release it.
还给我 我们还得在里面睡觉呢
Hand it back. We need to sleep in it.