晚上好
Guten Abend
“杜鲁门总统对延长军事训练做出反映 ”
“President Truman responded by calling for an extension of military training.”
他深深感觉到西方国家的独♥立♥
“He stated that he is deeply concerned with the survival of the Western nations
面临着来自东方的威胁
in face of the threat from the east.”
“东方的威胁 ”
“Threat from the east.”
姜宁先生 你听到新闻了吗
Herr Janning, did you hear what is in the paper?
正同希♥特♥勒♥所说一样 “西方和东方生存的冲突(两大阵营)”
Exactly what Hitler said: “The clash for survival between east and west.”
他早就预料了
Ah, he knew. He knew!
他们会明白我们为什么一直这么做
They’ll see that we knew exactly what we were doing all the time
他们不能再把我们做囚犯 而要求我们来帮助
They cannot call us criminals and at the same time ask us to help them
我们必须团结 关键时刻来了
We must stand together now. The most crucial part of this case is coming up
爱米尔·哈恩 我们的快乐时光已经结束了
We have fallen on happy times, Herr Hahn
在以前我说一声“早上好”都会让你高兴半天
In the old times it would have made your day if I deigned to say “Good morning” to you
现在我们都身处牢狱
Now that we are here in this place together
你也不用多说什么了
you feel obliged to tell me what to do with my life
姜宁先生 你必须同我们同一阵线
Herr Janning, you must stand with us
德国人不好内讧的 我们有共同的目标
It is not good for Germans to turn on one another. We have a common ground now
听着
Listen to me, Herr Hahn
可怕的事情已经发生在我身上了
Terrible things have happened to me in my life
但最糟糕的事情就是
But the worst thing that has ever happened
我发现与你们这样的人一起
is to find myself in the company of men like you
我同你们以及你们的政党都没有关系
I have nothing in common with you and the party hacks
你和我们有共同点 我们都是在同一政体下
You have something in common… you were part of the same regime
你像我们一样
You stood by that regime, like the rest of us
还有一点
And there is something else you have in common:
你也是德国人
you are a German
晚上好 你喜欢吗 -是的 非常喜欢
Good evening. Did you like it? -Yes, I did. Very much indeed
我载你吗 -我就住附近
Can I drop you? -I only live a few blocks from here
我走过去就行了 要一起散步吗
I was going to walk. Would you like to go for a walk?
好的
Yes. Yes, I would
我不用车了 我同柏斯德夫人散步
I won’t need the car now. I’ll walk with Mrs Bertholt
我要等你吗 -不 不
Shall I wait for you? -No, no
法官大人 我会等你
I’ll wait for you, Your Honour
Vor einem großen Tor
Steht’ ne Laterne
Und steht sie noch davor
Da wollen wir uns wiederseh’n
Bei der Laterne woll’n wir steh’n
Wie einst Lili Marleen
Wie einst…
不管情况如何 德国人总爱唱歌♥
The German people love to sing, no matter what the situation
我注意到了
I’ve noticed that
美国人也常在酒吧唱歌♥吗 我忘了
Do American people sing in bars, too? I’ve forgotten
不 我们是很沉闷的
No. We’re apt to be pretty sullen in bars
Und alle Leute soll’n es seh’n
Wenn wir…
我希望你能了解德国
I wish you understood German
语言很美 很忧伤
The words are very beautiful. Very sad
比英语要忧伤多了
Much sadder than the English words
“德国♥军♥人知道他们要失去妻子或女朋友”
“The German soldier knows he’s going to lose his girl and his life.”
“每晚路灯都会点亮”
“The lantern burns every night.”
“我依然记得你的步伐 ”
“it knows your steps and the way you walk.”
“每夜都在燃烧 可我无时不在想念”
“it burns every night, but I’ve been long forgotten.”
我是否该受伤害
“Should harm come to me
谁同你一起
who will stand with you
在路灯之下的是
under the lantern with you
莉莉·玛琳
Lili Marleen.”
Mit dir Lili Marleen
你在美国生活如何
What is your life like in America?
你有家庭吗 -是的 有个女儿
Do you have a family? -Yes, I have a daughter
她有四个孩子 -四个
and she has four children. -Four?
你一定以他们为骄傲了 -是 我承认
You must be very proud of them. -Yes, I am. I admit it
你妻子呢 -她几年前去世了
And where’s your wife? -She died a few years ago
要香烟吗
Zigaretten?
你怎么样 有孩子么 -不
How about you? Do you have children? -No, I don’t
你在美国地位如何 一定身居要职了
What is your position in America? It must be important
不 其实也不是 只是联邦地方法♥院♥的法官
No, it isn’t really. I’m a district court judge
去年我就不做了
I haven’t even been that for the last year
你退休了吗 -选举时退位了
Are you retired? -Forcibly, by the electorate
在美国法官是选举的吗
You elect judges in the United States?
是的 有些州是这样的 -我不知道
Yes, in some states. -I didn’t know that
这是司法体系的优点也是缺点
It’s either a virtue or a defect of our judiciary system
我想去年我被淘汰也是好事
I thought it was one of the virtues until last year, when I was defeated
我想还是选举制度的问题 不是你的错
I’m sure it was the fault of the electorate, not yours
在这个问题上大家也是有分歧的
There seems to be some difference of opinion about that
我就住这 -这里
This is where I live. -Here?
是的 里面还不错
Yes. It’s not so bad inside
要上来喝杯咖啡么
Would you like to come up? I could make some coffee
好的 谢谢
Yes, thank you
生活不容易吧
Things haven’t been very easy for you, have they?
我不习惯太舒适
I’m not used to them being easy
我可没那么脆弱
I’m not fragile, Judge Haywood
我是军人的女儿
I’m a daughter of the military
你知道这意味着什么 -不 我不知道
You know what that means, don’t you? -No, I’m afraid I don’t
这说明我是受纪律教育的
It means I was taught discipline
一种很特别的纪律
A very special kind of discipline
比如 在小时候 夏天我们要走很远到乡村
For instance, as a child we would go for long rides into the country in the summer
但是我从来不允许在路上像其他孩子一样喝柠檬水
But I was never allowed to run to the lemonade stand with the others
我被教育要 “控制干渴 ”
I was told “Control your thirst.”
“控制饥饿 ”
“Control hunger.”
“控制感情 ”
“Control emotion.”
这对我帮助很大
It has served me well
那你的丈夫呢 他也如此吗
And your husband? Was he of that heritage, too?
我的丈夫是军人 他只知道一件事-
My husband was a soldier. He was brought up to do one thing…
战斗 打好战
to fight in the battle and fight well
咖啡还好吗 -很好 谢谢
Is the coffee all right? -Fine, thank you
我加了伊砂特 加重味道的
It’s ersatz, but I always try to make it strong
很好
It’s fine
我很好奇
I’m curious
你是怎么看欧内斯特·姜宁的
What do you think of Ernst Janning?
柏斯德夫人 我不好在庭外私自评论的
Mrs Bertholt, I’m not at liberty to discuss the case outside of the courtroom
噢 当然
Oh, yes. Of course
我对他的事情知道一点 我们一同参加过音乐会
I knew Ernst Janning a little. We used to attend the same concerts
我记得有个对瓦格纳儿媳妇的接待会
I remember there was a reception given for Wagner’s daughter-in-law
当时希♥特♥勒♥也在
Hitler was there
欧内斯特·姜宁和他妻子一起
Ernst Janning was there with his wife
她很漂亮
She was very beautiful
小巧可爱
Very small, very delicate
她现在死了
She’s dead now
希♥特♥勒♥为她着迷了
Hitler was quite taken with her
他在接待会上接见她
He made advances towards her during the reception
他总是感情冲动
He used to do things like that in a burst of emotion
我不会忘记欧内斯特·姜宁制止他的一幕
I will never forget the way Ernst Janning cut him down
我想没有人那么对待过他
I don’t think anybody did it to him quite that way
他说 “长官 我对你的失礼并不在意 ”
He said “Chancellor, I do not object so much that you are so ill-mannered.”
“我不介意你的失礼 ”
“I do not object to that so much.”
“我只介意你竟是如此平庸 ”
“I object that you are such a bourgeois.”
希♥特♥勒♥都气白了脸 生气的离开了
Hitler whitened, stared at Janning and walked out
咖啡还好吗
Is the coffee really all right?
很好 谢谢
Fine, thank you
像姜宁 我丈夫还有我这样的人们 都憎恨希♥特♥勒♥
Men like Janning, my husband and I, we hated Hitler
我想要你知道 他恨我们
I want you to know that. And he hated us
他恨我的丈夫 因为他是真的英雄
He hated my husband because he was a real war hero
然后他不能容忍♥
and the little corporal couldn’t tolerate that
他(希♥特♥勒♥)恨他娶到了贵族的女儿
And he hated him because he married into nobility, which was my family
希♥特♥勒♥害怕高贵 但他憎恨
Hitler was in awe of the nobility, but he hated it
这就是所发生的 很有讽刺意义
That’s why it’s so ironic, what happened
你知道我丈夫怎么样了
You know what happened to my husband?

Yes
他们指控他的罪名
What did he know of the crimes they cited him for?
他同其他的战犯一起被审判
He was placed on trial with the other military leaders
他是战争的牺牲品
He was part of the revenge the victors always take on the vanquished
这是政♥治♥谋杀
It was political murder
你可以明白的 不是吗
You can see that, can’t you?
柏斯德夫人 我不明白
Mrs Bertholt, I don’t know what I see

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!