And did you return?
我怎么 -你回去了吗
Did I what? -Did you return?

Yes
又发生了什么
And what happened then?
警♥察♥来了
The police came. The police came
他们把你带去哪里 -医院
Where did they take you? -To the hospital
皮特森先生 能否请你发言大声点
Mr Petersen. Excuse me, I wonder if you could speak a little louder, please
去医院
To the hospital
医院里发生了什么 -他们把我关在那
What happened at the hospital? -They kept me there
护士
The nurse who was…
最后还是进来了
Well, she came in anyway
她为我准备手术
She was to prepare me for the operation
她说整件事情都很可怕
And she said she thought the whole thing was terrible
然后医生就进来了 准备
And then the doctor came in, who was supposed to do the…
他说也觉得很恶心
and he said he thought it was awful
你是否劣等种族
Were you in fact sterilised?
谢谢 皮特森先生
Thank you very much, Mr Petersen
问毕
That’s all
罗尔福发言
Herr Rolfe
皮特森先生
Mr Petersen
如果你愿意 你现在可以取下耳机
you may take your earphones off now, if you want to
你说你是面包师贝克的助手
Mr Petersen, you say you work as a baker’s helper? Is that correct?
是 没错
Yes, that is right
你还有其他什么职业
What other occupations have you held?
我为父亲工作
I have worked for my father
你父亲职业 -铁路职工
What did your father do? -He was a railroad worker
是 他具体工作是什么
Yes, but what did he do?
他负责十字路口栅栏的升降
He would raise and lower the barrier at the crossing for traffic
你也提到了你的兄弟
And you spoke about your brothers
你有多少个兄弟 -五个
How many brothers do you have? -Five
姐妹呢 -四个
And sisters? -Four
就是说十口之家了 -是
Then you are a family of ten? -Yes
你兄弟的职业
What occupations do your brothers have?
劳工
Labourers
都是劳工
All labourers?
我知道了
I see
你说斯图加特法♥院♥问了你两个问题
Mr Petersen, you said the court at Stuttgart asked you two questions
希♥特♥勒♥的生日
the birth dates of Hitler and Dr Goebbels
对吗 -没错
Is that correct? -Yes. Correct
他们还问你什么
What else did they ask you?

Uh…
没有了
Nothing else
你确定
Are you sure?
你确定没有问到你学业的问题
Are you sure there were no questions about your schooling?
反对
Objection!
证人早已回答问题了
The witness has already answered that question
反对有效
Objection sustained
我可以问你吗 皮特森
May I ask you, Mr Petersen…
我可以问你
may I ask you…
你读了几年书
how long did you attend school?
六年 -六年 为什么不久些
Six years. -Six years. Why not longer?
我必须工作
I had to go to work
你觉得自己在学校是否很聪明
Would you consider yourself a very bright fellow at school?
学校 说起来
School? It was…
这已经是很久远的事了 我
It was a long while ago. I don’t…
或许是因为你跟不上其他孩子
Perhaps you were not able to keep up with the others
所以你辍学了
and that’s why you did not continue?
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honour
证人的学业同发生在他身上的事情无关
The witness’ school record has no bearing on what happened to him
健康法♥院♥的职责就是检场智力
It was the task of the health court to sterilise the mentally incompetent
反对无效
Objection overruled
你是否能够跟上其他人的学习进度
Were you able or were you not able to keep up with the others?
我不得不提到学校有关皮特森学习效率的报告
I would like to refer to the efficiency report from the school about Mr Petersen
他无法进步 只好分配到了后进班
He failed to be promoted and was placed in a class of backward children
你说你父母死于自然
You say your parents died of natural causes

Yes
你能否仔细描述你母亲死于什么疾病
Would you describe in detail the illness your mother died of?
她死于心脏病
She died of her heart
在她临时的阶段
In the last stages of her illness, did your mother show any…
她是否精神方面有异常
mental peculiarities?
精神 不 不
Mental… No. No
从斯图加特来的报告显示
In the decision that came from Stuttgart
你母亲承袭了遗传的低能症
it is stated that your mother suffered from hereditary feeble-mindedness
这不是 不是真的
That is not… That is not true
不是真的 不是
Not true, not true
你是否可以澄清
Can you give us some clarification as to how
为什么斯图加特法♥院♥会做出那样的决定
the Hereditary Health Court in Stuttgart arrived at that decision?
这只是他们自己捏造的理由 将我送上了手术台
It was just something they said to put me on the operating table
只是他们捏造的 -是
It was just something they said? -Yes!
在健康法♥院♥的检查中
Mr Petersen, there was a simple test that the Health Court used to ask
有一个常用的检查智力发育完整与否的测验
in all cases of mental incompetence
既然你说他们没有问
Since you say they did not ask you then
或许现在你可以回答了
perhaps you can answer it for us now?
从一组词中 “hare” “hunter” “field”
Form a sentence out of the words “hare”, “hunter”, “field”
法官大人 反对
Your Honour! Objection!
皮特森先生
Mr Petersen
斯图加特法♥院♥当时是否有这样的做法
was the court in Stuttgart constituted like this one?
我不明白
I don’t understand what…
当时有听众吗
Was there an audience?
听众 是的
An audience? Yes, yes
谢谢
Thank you
反对无效
Objection overruled
Hare hunter field 皮特森先生
Hare, hunter, field, Mr Petersen
慢慢来
Take your time
Hare hunter field 恩
Hare, hunter, field. Uh…
Hare,
Hare
hunter…
hunter…
他们早已
They had already made up…
当我进入法庭时 他们早已拿定主意
When I walked into the court, they had made up their minds
他们早已拿定主意
They had made up their minds!
他们像对待囚犯一样把我送到医院
They put me in the hospital, like a criminal
我什么都不好说 我
I could not say anything, I could not do anything. I…
我只好在那撒谎
I had to lie there
我 我的母亲
My… my mother…
你说她什么
what you say about her
她是个女人 一个勤劳工作的女仆
She was a woman, a servant woman, who worked hard
她是个努力工作的人
She was a hardworking woman
你说的一切 很不公平
And it is not fair… not fair… what you say
我有
I have it here
我给你们看她的照片
I want to show you. I have here her picture
我想让你们看看
I would like you looked at it
我想让你们来评判
I would like you to judge
我想要你告诉我
I want that you tell me
她是低能的吗
was she feeble-minded?
我的母亲
My mother!
她是低能的吗
Was she feeble-minded?
她是吗
Was she?
我觉得我有必要向法庭指出
I feel it is my duty to point out to the tribunal
证人现在情绪失控
that the witness is not in control of his mental processes
我知道我没有
I know I’m not
从那天开始
Since that day
我就变成原来的一半
I’ve been half I’ve ever been
法庭并不知道你当时如何
The tribunal does not know how you were before
这永远也不可能知道 现在只有你的证词
It can never know. It has only your word
现在休庭
Court is adjourned
检查团真是让人头疼
That’s one problem we have with the prosecution…
里面总是有像劳森这样的激进分子
it’s filled with young radicals like Lawson
劳森是这样的吗 激进分子
Is that what Lawson is? A young radical?
当然 他是富兰克林·罗斯福的培养人之一
Well, he was a personal protégé of FDR
罗斯福也有些非激进的吧 不是吗
FDR had a few friends who weren’t radicals, didn’t he?
说一个

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!