Everyone did. -We are not interested in everyone
我们只在乎你做的
We are interested in what you did
可以读一下1933年3月第三帝国的誓词吗
Would you read the oath from the Reich Law Gazette, March 1933
我发誓效忠人♥民♥的领袖 阿道夫·希♥特♥勒♥
“I swear that I shall obey the leader of the German Reich and people, Adolf Hitler
忠诚于他 忠诚于法律
that I shall be loyal to him, that I will observe the laws
我会尽职负责 所以上帝保佑我们
and that I will conscientiously fulfil my duties, so help me God.”
每个人都发誓了
Everyone swore to it
这是强制的
It was mandatory
是
Yes
但你是个极有远见的人
But you’re such a perceptive man, Dr Wieck. You could see what was coming
你应该知道纳粹党会给德国带来灾难
You could see that National Socialism was leading Germany to disaster
“是人都知道”
“It was clear to anyone who had eyes and ears.”
你难道不知道那意味着什么
Didn’t you realise what it would have meant
如果你 还有其他人♥民♥都拒绝发誓
if you, and men like you, would have refused to swear to the oath?
那么希♥特♥勒♥就没有可能掌权
It would have meant that Hitler could never have come to absolute power!
你为什么不这么做呢 威克博士
Why didn’t you? Dr Wieck, why didn’t you?
你可以给我们一个解释吗
Can you give us an explanation?
是否这样同你的退休金有关呢
Has it something to do with your pension?
难道那比你的国家还重要
Did it mean more to you than your country?
法官大人 我反对这一系列的提问
Your Honour, I object to the entire line of questioning
应该从记录中删除
and ask that it be stricken from the record
检查团不就是为了追究责任吗
Prosecuting counsel’s job is to find responsibility
法官大人 我反对
Your Honour, I made an objection
公诉人不要追究责任
Prosecution does not want to find responsibility?
这里必要谈效忠誓言
There is responsibility for more here than swearing to a loyalty oath and you know it
大有必要 -安静
There is indeed! -Order
有件东西甚至连超高效率的纳粹杀人机器也无法摧毁
One thing even the German machine, with its monumental efficiency, has been unable to destroy!
安静 -所有的受害者
Order! -All the victims!
全世界的受害者都知道
More victims than the world has ever known. They will walk in here…
遵守秩序
Order! Order!
法官席会听取双方意见 但是我实在无法容忍♥
This tribunal will admonish both counsels. It will not tolerate this again
我们不是要你们发火 我们在寻求正义
We’re not here to listen to such outbursts, but to serve justice
法官大人 我反对 -反对无效
Your Honour, I made an objection. -The objection is overruled
证人离席
The witness is excused
读过姜宁的书吗 -没有
Ever read any books by Janning? -No, I don’t think so
法律的意义 -怎么 有意思吗
The Meaning of the Law. -How is it? Interesting?
姜宁的书都很有意思
All the books by Janning are interesting
他反映的是一个时代的激♥情♥和希望
They’re a picture of an era, its hopes, aspirations
和我们没有太大区别
They weren’t very different from ours
听这段评价魏玛宪法的
Listen to this, on the signing of the Weimar constitution
“现在我们可以展望没有战火的德国”
“Now we can look forward to a Germany without guns and bloodshed.”
“一个人们可以不用死亡的正义的德国”
“A Germany of justice, where men can live instead of die.”
“一个有理想 自♥由♥和人性的德国”
“A Germany of purpose, of freedom, of humanity.”
“一个召唤人类最美好的品质的德国“
“A Germany that calls for the best in man.”
能写出这样的书的人
How could a man who wrote words like these
他怎么可能会是杀人犯呢
be part of sterilisations and murders? How could he be?
丹 这里发生的很多事情都让人不明白的
Dan, there are a lot of things that happened here that nobody understands
我知道
I know
但是检查团还是要证明他们的控诉的
But the prosecution is going to have to prove every inch of its allegation
我也还是要对他做出宣判
against a man like Janning if I’m to pronounce sentence on him
先生们 我要走了
Gentlemen, I’m on my way
走吗 肯 -好
Coming, Ken? -Right
这是权利限制的问题
There’s just this business on the curtailment of rights
明天
Tomorrow
丹 我太太要办个聚会
Dan, my wife is planning a get-together tomorrow at the Grand Hotel
她希望你能来 -好的 谢谢
She wants you to come. -All right. Thank you
她还想给你介绍女伴呢
And she’d like to provide you with some kind of female companionship
她觉得你可能太孤单了
She thought you might be lonely here
不 谢谢
No, thanks, Curtiss. Thanks very much
你知道太太们总喜欢给人配对
You know how these wives love to play Cupid
我想最好还是单身 -好的
I think I’ll keep it stag. -All right
你怎么样 肯 -谢谢 我和太太已经够忙了
How about you, Ken? -Thanks. My wife and I are busy
晚安 -晚安 丹
Good night. -Good night, Dan
海尔柏斯德夫人 我能不能
Mrs Halbestadt, could I…
你好
Hello
你好
Hello
法官大人 这是柏斯特夫人
Your Honour, this is Madame Bertholt
这是海伍德法官
This is His Honour, Judge Haywood
柏斯特夫人 这是她的房♥子
Madame Bertholt, this is her house
她是来地下室拿些东西
She came to get some of her belongings from the basement
我不知道她今晚会来 -这是我该做的
I didn’t know she was coming tonight. -It’s my responsibility, Mrs Halbestadt
我在没有找到大房♥子以前把东西放这了
I’ve stored some of my things here until I could get a room large enough for them
我希望你不要介意 -不 一点也不
I hope you don’t mind. -No. Not at all
要是你愿意 你可以检查一下
You can examine what I have here if you like
当然不用 -那我取走了
Of course not. -Then I’ll just take these out
谢谢 -让我来帮你
Thank you, Mrs Halbestadt. -Let me help you
我可以的 -我只是要拿出去
I can manage. -I’ll just take it outside. Please
晚安
Good night
很重吧 都是些无关紧要的书和图画 但对我很重要
It’s heavy. It’s full of books and pictures that mean nothing to anyone but me
歇米特先生 -法官大人
Mr Schmidt! -Your Honour
可以载柏斯特夫人回家吗 -是的 法官大人
Would you drive Mrs Bertholt home? -Yes, Your Honour
我希望你在这过的愉快 -是 非常愉快
I hope you’re comfortable here. -Yes, I am. Very
我最喜欢的地方还是花♥园♥
My favourite spot was always the garden
提醒海尔柏斯德夫人照看好假山花♥园♥
Remind Mr Halbestadt to take good care of the rock garden
在夏天你会获得很多乐趣的
You’ll get a great deal of pleasure out of it in summer
我坐在前面 谢谢
I’ll sit in front, thank you
晚安 -晚安
Good night. -Good night
开罗街 1 1 5 -是 夫人
Karolinenstrasse 115. -Yes, madam
坐下 坐下
Sit down, sit down
海尔柏斯德夫人 你为柏斯德夫人工作不是吗
Mrs Halbestadt, you worked for Mrs Bertholt, didn’t you?
是的 法官大人 -她住在这多久了
Yes, Your Honour. -How long did she live here?
柏斯德夫人
Madame Bertholt?
噢 她们世代都住在这里
Oh, Madame Bertholt and her family have lived here for many generations
谢谢
Thank you
法官大人 你来有什么事情
Your Honour, you came in here for something?
是
Oh! Oh, yeah
我想做一份三明治
I’m just going to make myself a sandwich
我们来做吧 做任何你想要的
We will make it. We will make you anything you want
不 小事 我总是回家后自己动手做
No, it’s nothing. I always did it for myself back home
你想要什么口味的 我有火腿 奶酪等
What would you like? I have some ham and cheese and liverwurst
奶酪好了
Cheese will be fine
你真是太好了
That’s very kind of you
海尔柏斯德先生 生活在纳粹之下是怎么样种感觉呢
Mr Halbestadt, what was it like, living under National Socialism?
什么感觉 -对 我是说 天天都要面对
What was it like? -Yes. I mean, uh… day-to-day?
我知道很多像你们这样的人
I know many people at home like you
我相信你们是好人
You’re good people. I believe that
那么生活在希♥特♥勒♥统治下是什么感觉呢
What was it like for you, living under Hitler?
我和我丈夫都不是政♥治♥分子
We were not political. Mr Halbestadt and I are not political
拿个杯子来装牛奶 -好的
Ein Glas fur die Milch, bitte. -Ja
不 但你们一定清楚当时发生了什么事情
No, but you must have been aware of some of the events that were going on
很多事情都在发生
Many things were going on, Mr Halbestadt
有游♥行♥
There were parades
希♥特♥勒♥每年都会参加的
Hitler and Goebbels came here every year
场面如何呢
What was it like?
我们从来没有参加集♥会♥
We never attended meetings. Never
我不是要审判你们 我只是
I’m not trying to put you on trial. I’m just, uh…
我只是好奇 想知道而已
I’m just curious. I’d like to know
法官大人 你的三明治 -谢谢
Here’s your sandwich, Your Honour. -Thank you
别客气
You’re welcome
谢谢
Thank you
比方说 这附近有个地方叫达靠的
For instance, there was a place called Dachau not too many miles from here
你们知道那里发生了什么吗
Did you ever know what was going on there?
我们什么都不知道
We knew nothing about it. Nothing about it
你怎么可以问我们是否知道呢
How can you ask if we know anything about that?
对不起
I’m sorry
法官大人 我们只是小人物
Your Honour, we are only little people
我们在军队里散失了儿子
We lost a son in the army
女儿也被炸死了
and our daughter in the bombing
战争时我们几乎饿死了
During the war we almost starved
对我们来说很可怕
It was terrible for us
我相信也是如此