劳森上校 现在是法官席在审理 不是公诉方
Colonel Lawson, the tribunal makes the rulings in this case, not the prosecution
你可以继续 -你坐在他腿上吗
You may proceed. -Did you sit on his lap?
是的 但那没有什么不可见人的
Yes. But there was nothing wrong or ugly about it
你坐在他腿上吗
Did you sit on his lap?
是 但是
Yes. But…
你坐在他腿上 你还做了什么
You sat on his lap! What else did you do?
不是像你说的那样
There was nothing that you are trying to say, nothing like that
你还做了什么 沃尔纳夫人
What else did you do, Mrs Wallner?
你到底要干什么
What are you trying to do?
你是不是要
Are you trying to…
为什么你不让我说出真♥相♥
Why do you not let me speak the truth?
那正是我们要的 事实 事实
That’s what we want, Mrs Wallner, the truth. The truth!
你承认你继续同他见面
You admitted that you continued to see him
你承认他到你的公♥寓♥
You admitted that he came to your apartment
你承认你吻了他 坐在他腿上
You admitted you kissed him. You admitted you sat on his lap
那你还做了些什么
What else do you admit to? What else?
不是 不是像你说的一样
Nothing! There was nothing like you’re trying to make it sound
还有什么呢 -什么都没有 没有
What else? -There was nothing! Nothing
不要
Stop it!
别说了
Stop it!
还有什么要说的呢
What else do you admit to, Mrs Wallner?
罗尔福
Herr Rolfe!
我们还要这么做吗
Are we going to do this again?
法官大人 在这样的压力下 被告情绪
Your Honour, the defendant has been under such stress that he is not aware…
我知道 我知道
I am aware. I am aware
法官大人 被告要求陈述
Your Honour, the defendant wishes to make a statement
我认为被告有权利 -遵守秩序
I believe the defence has a right to… -Order, order
遵守秩序
Order!
被告是否要发言
Does the defendant wish to make a statement?
是的 我要发言
I wish to make a statement, yes
法官大人 被告有权请求
Your Honour, the defence has the right to request…
被告有权现在发言
The defendant has the right to make his statement now
我要同我的当事人谈谈 -他有权现在发言
I have to speak with my client. -He has the right to make it now!
现在休庭 明早10:30继续
Tribunal is adjourned until 10.30 tomorrow morning
你在干吗
What are you doing?
你以为你在干吗
What do you think you’re trying to do?
他们已经有格林 富兰克 都完了
They’ve had G? ring, Frank, Streicher… That’s over
你以为我作为被告辩护律师很光荣吗
Do you think I have enjoyed being defence counsel during this trial?
在庭上我不得不猥琐
There were things I had to do in that courtroom that made me cringe
我为什么要这么做
Why did I do them?
因为我想为德国人保留一些东西
Because I want to leave the German people something
我想要为他们保留仅有的尊严
I want to leave them a shred of dignity
我想要停止这样的审判
I want to call a halt to these proceedings
如果我们允许他们 像处理你一样对待每个德国人
If we allow them to discredit every German like you
我们就永远没有主宰自己的权利
we lose the right to rule ourselves forever!
我们要向前看 不是向后看
We have to look at the future. We can’t look back now
你想让美国人长驻在此吗
Do you want the Americans to stay here forever?
广岛和长崎就是最好的例子
I could show you a picture of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
无数被烧毁的尸体
Thousands and thousands of burnt bodies
女人和孩子
Women and children
这就是他们崇高的道德
Is that their superior morality?
你以为他们会把我们带到哪里 他们知道吗
Where do you think they take us? Do they know?
你以为他们都知道我们的难处吗
Do you think they have any concept of our problems?
我对你说什么好呢
What can I say to you?
说什么才能让你明白呢
What can I say to you to make you see?
你什么都不用说了
There is nothing you can say
不用了
Nothing
什么也没能缓解这个危机
Nothing has happened to alleviate the crisis
今天下午危机就已经达到了顶峰
The crisis reached a head this afternoon
西部地区和柏林之间的铁路运输已经停止
when all rail travel between western zones and Berlin was stopped
地理封锁已经完成
The blockade by land is now complete
接下来我们要怎么做 将军 撤消
What do you think we’re going to do, General? Withdraw?
不能 如果我们在压力下撤消
We can’t. If we withdraw under pressure
我们在全世界的威望都要受到影响
our prestige all over the world is threatened
共♥产♥分子也会大量泳入
The Communists will move in on every front
这些审判如何呢 将军 你感觉如何呢
What about these trials, General? How do you feel about them now?
我们要对审判负责
We’re committed to the trials
但现实一点的做法是我们要加快审判进度
but I think it would be realistic to accelerate them as much as possible
如果他们向我们进攻时我们采取什么措施 将军
What would happen if they fired on one of our planes, General?
到时我们自然要面对 现在没有答案
We’ll have to face that when it happens. There is no other answer to that now
你应该尝尝这里的甜点 很出名的
You should try the strudel. It’s excellent here
不 谢谢
No, thanks
丹 我刚从柏林回来你知道的
Dan, I’ve just come back from Berlin, as you know
我想本来不该是这样的 我也不知道
I don’t think this is going to be it. A lot of people do, but I don’t
但可以肯定的是这是场斗争 为将来的10年或20年
But it is going to be a fight for survival… for the next ten years, maybe the next 20
德国是能否幸存的关键
Germany is the key to that survival
高校学地理的同学就可以告诉你
Any high-school student in geography can tell you that
参议员 你到底想说什么
Just what are you trying to say, Senator?
我要说的是
What I’m trying to say is this:
没人想左右你的想法
while nobody’s trying to influence your decision
意识到这个很重要 这是生活的真谛
it’s important that you realise this because it’s a fact of life
我们来面对吧 这是不详之兆啊
Let’s face it, gentlemen, the handwriting is on the wall
我们要团结所有力量
We’re going to need all the help we can get
我们需要德国人♥民♥的支持
We’re going to need the support of the German people
还要甜点吗 先生们
More strudel, gentlemen?
姜宁先生 你可以开始了
Herr Janning, you may proceed
我想要证实一下费尔德斯特的案子
I wish to testify about the Feldenstein case
因为这是当时期最典型的案子
because it was the most significant trial of the period
法官席不仅要明白
It is important not only for the tribunal to understand it
对于全德国人♥民♥也是一样必要明白
but for the whole German people
为了可以理解它
But in order to understand it
必须要知道当时的时代背景
one must understand the period in which it happened
狂热恶疾覆盖了大地
There was a fever over the land
耻辱 污蔑 饥饿的恶疾
A fever of disgrace, of indignity, of hunger
我们有民♥主♥ 是的
We had a democracy, yes
但已经在心底撕碎了
but it was tom by elements within
最重要的 还是恐惧
Above all, there was fear
害怕今天 明天
Fear of today, fear of tomorrow
害怕我们的邻邦
fear of our neighbours
害怕我们自己
and fear of ourselves
只有当你理解
Only when you understand that
你才会明白希♥特♥勒♥对我们有多重要
can you understand what Hitler meant to us
因为他对我们说
Because he said to us:
“抬起你的头 以身为德国人而骄傲吧 ”
“Lift your heads. Be proud to be German.”
“我们身边充斥了魔鬼 -共♥产♥党 自♥由♥主义者 犹太人 吉普赛人 ”
“There are devils among us… communists, liberals, Jews, Gypsies.”
“一旦魔鬼被消灭 你们的烦恼也就解决了 ”
“Once these devils will be destroyed, your misery will be destroyed.”
这是「牺牲品」的遥远传说
It was the old, old story of the sacrificial lamb
知道更多些的我们又怎么样呢
What about those of us who knew better?
我们知道的只是谎言
We who knew the words were lies and worse than lies?
我们为什么要沉默 我们为什么要参加
Why did we sit silent? Why did we take part?
因为我们爱我们的国家
Because we loved our country
极少数政♥治♥极端分子失势有什么区别
What difference does it make if a few political extremists lose their rights?
少数民族失去权利又有何用
What difference does it make if a few racial minorities lose their rights?
这都是必经阶段
It is only a passing phase
这是我们必须要走的路
It is only a stage we are going through
不久这就将被抛弃
It will be discarded sooner or later
希♥特♥勒♥不久也要被抛弃
Hitler himself will be discarded sooner or later
“国家身处危险之中 我们要大步走出阴影”
“The country is in danger! We will march out of the shadows.”
“我们要前进” 「前进」是很好的一个字眼
“We will go forward.” “Forward” is the great password
法官大人 历史也证实了
And history tells how well we succeeded, Your Honour
我们成就了伟大的理想
We succeeded beyond our wildest dreams
希♥特♥勒♥鼓吹的权利和憎恨弥漫着德国
The very elements of hate and power about Hitler that mesmerised Germany
弥漫着全世界
mesmerised the world!
我们发现竟然有如此强大的同盟
We found ourselves with sudden powerful allies
民♥主♥似乎在向我们招手
Things that had been denied to us as a democracy were open to us now
全世界都在说 “向前吧 拿去吧”
The world said “Go ahead. Take it. Take it!”
“拿下苏台德区 拿下莱茵河 ”
“Take Sudetenland. Take the Rhineland. Remilitarise it.”
“拿下整个奥地利 ”
“Take all of Austria! Take it.”
然后有一天我们回头看看
And then one day we looked around
才发现我们更危险了
and found that we were in an even more terrible danger