The truth is that these brutalities were brought about by the few extremists
那些罪犯
The criminals
极少数德国人知道发生了什么
Very few Germans knew what was going on
极少
Very few
我们到不知道录像中的地方 发生了什么事情
None of us knew what was happening in the places shown on these films
没有一个知道
None of us
但最讽刺的是
But the most ironic part of it
检查官却以此公诉对抗被告
is that the prosecution showed these films against these defendants
被告只为一个理由而拥有权力
men who stayed in power for one reason only:
防止更坏的结果发生
to prevent worse things from happening
谁才是更勇敢的人呢
Who is the braver man?
在危难中逃跑或辞职的人
The man who escapes or resigns in times of peril?
还是置身死不顾坚守岗位的人
Or the man who stays on his post at the risk of his own personal safety?
被告接下来出示的证人证物
The defence will present witnesses and letters and documents
来自全球各界宗教团体
from religious and political refugees all over the world
说明欧内斯特·姜宁是怎么样从死刑中解救了他们
telling how Ernst Janning saved them from execution
被告还会证明
The defence will show the many times
在没有欧内斯特·姜宁法官作用影响下
Ernst Janning was able to effect mitigation of sentences
结果会更严重
when without his influence the results would have been much worse
被告还会证明
The defence will show
欧内斯特·姜宁的私人医生是非雅利安人
that Ernst Janning’s personal physician was a non-Aryan
保留一个犹太人出席作证是相当危险
A Jewish man who he kept in attendance, much to his own peril
被告方宣誓
The defence presents affidavits from legal authorities and famed jurists the world over
恳求在此案中要特别考虑
pleading that special consideration must be made in this case
欧内斯特·姜宁所有的工作灵感都源于:
saying that the entire work of Ernst Janning was inspired by one motive only:
尽力保存正义以及正义感
the endeavour to preserve justice and the concept of justice
现在 公诉人还有什么要对抗的呢
Now, what has the prosecution to offer against this?
在针对欧内斯特·姜宁的起诉中
The prosecution, in fact, has presented in the case of Ernst Janning
只有一件有事实根据的证据
only one tangible piece of evidence
费尔德斯特的案子 正如被告说的一样 臭名远播
The Feldenstein case. A notorious case, as the defence said
一件不应开审的案子
A case which never should have been reopened
一件另被告不得不审理的案子
A case which the defence is obliged to review now
被告请求艾尔莎夫人出庭作证
The defence calls Mrs Elsa Lindnow
请举右手
Will you raise your right hand?
我向全能无所不知的主发誓
I swear by God the Almighty and Omniscient
我会说出事实的真♥相♥ 绝无虚假
that I will speak the pure truth and withhold and add nothing
我会的
I do
艾尔莎夫人
Mrs Lindnow
你的工作是
What is your occupation?
清洁女工
I am a cleaning woman
哪里工作
Where are you employed?
格罗配街345号♥
4… 345 Grosseplatz
你认识雷曼·费尔德斯特么 -是的 认识
Did you know Lehman Feldenstein? -Yes, I knew him
怎么认识的 -在1935我给他干活
In what capacity? -He was my employer in 1935
你认识艾琳·霍夫曼么
Do you know Mrs Irene Hoffman Wallner?

Yes
怎么认识的 -她是那里的房♥客
In what capacity? -She was a tenant in the building
你有没有见到霍夫曼小姐同费尔德斯特先生一起
Did you ever see Miss Hoffman and Mr Feldenstein together?
是 -到底怎么回事
Yes. -How did this happen?
费尔德斯特先生到 霍夫曼小姐的公♥寓♥去看她
Mr Feldenstein came to see Miss Hoffman at her apartment
经常吗 -常常
Often? -Quite often
你有发现什么不正常的情况吗
Were there any occasions in which you noticed anything unusual?

Yes
我见到霍夫曼小姐在楼下 吻了费尔德斯特先生
I saw Miss Hoffman kissing Mr Feldenstein at the door of her apartment
还有其他场合吗 -是的 有一次
Was there any other occasion? -Yes. There was one
怎么样 -我到了霍夫曼小姐的房♥间
What was it? -I came to Miss Hoffman’s apartment
我以为没人 所以就去清理
I wanted to clean up. I thought it was empty
我看到霍夫曼小姐坐在费尔德斯特先生的大腿上
I saw Miss Hoffman sitting on Mr Feldenstein’s lap
谢谢 就这些了
Thank you, Mrs Lindnow. That’s all
劳森上校
Colonel Lawson?
请戴上耳机
Earphones, please
夫人 你的政♥治♥面貌
Mrs Lindnow, what are your political affiliations?
政♥治♥面貌
Political?
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honour
证人的政♥治♥面貌同她的证词无关
This witness’ political affiliations have nothing to do with the testimony
劳森上校再次企图用感情因素影响审判
Colonel Lawson is again trying to appeal to the emotion of the court
反对无效
Objection overruled
请你回答
Now would you answer the question, please?
你是纳粹党吗
Were you a member of the National Socialist party?

Yes, I was
我们是被迫的
We were forced to be
“我们是被迫的 ”
“We were forced to be.”
你什么时候成为纳粹党成员的
When did you become a member of the Nazi party?
1933.
所有德国人在1933年都加入纳粹党吗
Were all German nationals forced to become Nazi party members in 1933?
请回答
Please answer me, Mrs Lindnow!
你是否被迫成为纳粹党
Were you forced to become a member of the Nazi party?
问毕
That’s all
证人离席
Witness is excused
被告方继续
Defence may continue
被告方传召 艾琳·霍夫曼 沃尔纳出庭
The defence calls Irene Hoffman Wallner to the stand
沃尔纳夫人
Mrs Wallner
你的誓言依然有效
you are still under oath
沃尔纳夫人 你是自愿作证的吗
Mrs Wallner, did you come here voluntarily?
你是自愿作证的吗
Did you report voluntarily to speak as a witness?

Yes
公诉人要求你出庭不是事实
Is it not true that the prosecution asked you to come here?
你出庭时很不情愿
That it was very disagreeable for you to come here?
在这样的年代 不情愿是很正常的事情
It is always very disagreeable to live over those times
那同我知道的相符
That would be in agreement with the information I have
你是不愿出庭的 谢谢
that you did not want to come. Thank you, Mrs Wallner
沃尔纳夫人
Mrs Wallner
纽伦堡法案是在1935年9月15日颁布的
the Nuremberg laws were stated September 15th, 1935
当时你在哪 -在纽伦堡
Where were you at that time? -In Nuremberg
你知道这些法案吗
Did you know these laws?
同犹太人发♥生♥关♥系♥是违法的
That a physical relationship with Jews was against the law?

Yes
你知道在纽伦堡 特别是纽伦堡
Were you aware that in Nuremberg, and in Nuremberg in particular
别说身体接触了 就是同犹太人的一般接触也是被歧视的
not only a physical relationship with Jews was disdained, but every social contact?

Yes
你知道那样你可能有危险吗
Were you aware that it might have some danger for you personally?
是 我知道
Yes, I was aware of it
但你怎么可以因为这些抛弃多年的友谊呢
But how can you discard a friendship from day to day because of some…
那是另外的问题了 我没有问你那个问题
That is another question, Mrs Wallner. I did not ask you that question
你知道吗 -是 我知道
Were you aware of it? -Yes, I was aware
那你们还是继续见面吗
Yet you still continued to see each other?

Yes
事实证明费尔德斯特先生给你买♥♥了很多甜点
It was brought out that Mr Feldenstein bought you candy and cigarettes

Yes
还记得他给你买♥♥花吗
Remember that sometimes he bought you flowers?
是 他给我买♥♥了很多东西
Yes, he bought me many things
那是因为他是好人
That was because he was kind
他是我认识的最好的人
He was the kindest man I ever knew
你认识证人 爱尔莎夫人么
Do you know the witness, Mrs Elsa Lindnow?
是的 认识
Yes, I know her
她是你公♥寓♥的清洁女工吗 -是
Was she a cleaner at your apartment? -Yes
费尔德斯特先生是否有到你的公♥寓♥看你
Did Mr Feldenstein come to see you at your apartment?
是 -多少次
Yes. -How many times?
我不记得
I don’t remember
几次 -是
Several times? -Yes
很多次 -很多次
Many times? -Many times
你吻他了吗 -是 我吻了他
Did you kiss him? -Yes, I kissed him
不止一次
Was there more than one kiss?

Yes
但不是你说的那样
But it was not in the way you are trying to make it sound
他对我来说就像父亲 超过了父亲
He was like a father to me. He was more than a father
超过了父亲 你有坐在他腿上吗
More than a father? ! Did you sit on his lap?
反对
Objection! Counsel is persecuting the witness
辩护律师在获取证词中迫♥害♥证人
in the pretext of gaining testimony
反对无效
Objection overruled
被告又在最初的地方扮演闹剧
The defence is re-enacting what was a travesty of justice in the first place

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!