To follow his dreams no matter what, or give in slowly and let lfe lead him where it will
你是属于哪一个?
And which are you?.
我不知道。
I don’t know.
当我第一次来到基♥督♥寺城时,我挺有自己的想法。
When I first came here to Christminster, I had a neat stock of fixed opinions.
可我越往前走,就一切变得越不确定。
The further I get, the less sure I am of anything.
听哪 ,听听。
Hear, hear.
“谁知道人这一生什么是最有益的呢?”
“Who knoweth what is good for man in this lfe?.
谁又能告知,日光之下的未来又会如何?
“And who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun??”
我们在找地方住。– 我们不考虑小孩的。
We’re looking for somewhere to stay. – We don’t take children.
我们在找地方住。– 不,对不起,没有空房♥。
We’re looking for somewhere to stay. – No, I’m sorry. No room.
我们在找地方住。– 有多少个孩子?
We’re looking for somewhere to stay. – How many children are there?.
两个孩子和一个婴儿。
Two children and a baby.
我有一间空房♥。– 谢谢,谢谢。
I have got a room. – Thank you, thank you.
裘伊, 丽姿,上来。
Juey, Lizzy, come up.
我明早就去找工作。
I’ll look for work in the morning.
他们怎么知道的? — 她问我们结婚了没有
How did they know?. – She asked if we were married.
你说我们没有? — 是的,我不能撒谎。
You said we weren’t?. – I couldn’t le.
这没什么好羞愧的,我不会对任何人隐瞒。
It’s nothing to be ashamed of. I won’t hide it from anyone.
(敲门)门开着。
(Knock on door) It’s open.
对不起,我丈夫对孩子们留下来有点不高兴。
I’m sorry, my husband is a bit unhappy about the lttle ones staying.
我们现在不能走,下这么大的雨。– 我知道,我跟他说过–
We can’t leave now, not in this rain. – I know, I said that to him.
住一晚也可以。– 但我们说好一周的。
Staying one night is fine. – But we agreed a week.
非常感谢!我们明早第一件事就是找新住处。
Thank you very much. We’ll look for new lodgings first thing in the morning.
你为什么要让步了? — 这有什么区别?
Why do you give in?. – What difference does it make?.
嘘,快完成了。
Sshhh, nearly done.
我爱这个地方。
I love this place.
即使我知道它看不起像我这样的人。
even though I know it looks down on people lke me.
依靠自学成才的,而且过于坚定。
The self-taught, the too-determined.
我想用一代人的时间去完成需要两三代人的努力才能做完的事。
It takes two or three generations to do what I tried to do in one.
你还是约瑟夫,那个梦想家。
You’re still Joseph, the dreamer of dreams.
还有悲剧的堂吉诃德。
And the tragic Don Quixote.
有时你是圣斯蒂芬……
Sometimes you’re a St Stephen…
..他升到了天堂,虽然人们用石头砸他。
..who sees Heaven open up, even as they’re stoning him.
(JUEY)我睡不着。
(JUEY) I cannot sleep.
来和我们一起睡吧。– 我们又要搬家吗?
Come and sleep with us. – Is it because of me we have to leave?.
不, 裘伊……因为我们人太多了,这里住不下。
No, Juey…because there’s too many of us.
没有足够的空间,现在去睡觉吧。
There isn’t enough room. Go to bed now.
上♥床♥睡觉,去睡吧!
Go to bed. Go to bed!
我得去和他谈谈。
I’ll go and talk to him.
宝贝,你在干什么? — 看着他们睡觉。
What are you doing?. – Watching them sleep.
他们非常爱你,裘伊。
They love you very much, Juey.
你是他们的哥哥。
You’re their older brother.
如果他们看到你不开心,他们也会不开心的。
If they see you upset, they get upset, too.
为了他们,你必须坚强点。
You have to be strong for them.
如果世界上的孩子太多了,为什么人们还要生孩子?
If there’s too many children in the world, why do people have more?.
我不知道。
I don’t know.
也许因为他们彼此相爱吧,
Because they love each other,
或者因为他们没思考这个。
or because they don’t think.
事情就是这样发生的。
It just happens that way.
妈妈说我们人太多了。
Mum said there were too many of us.
她不是指你们。
She didn’t mean you.
你们还不算多。
There aren’t enough of you.
你准备好睡觉了吗?
Are you ready for bed?.
来吧。
Come on.
晚安,亲爱的儿子。
Good night, son.
我想给自己买♥♥一件有花、荷叶边和缎带的裙子,我还需要一顶帽子。
I’d lke to buy myself a dress with flowers, flounces and ribbons. And I need a hat.
当然了。– 帽子上还缀满着奇异的花朵。
Of course you do. – With exotic flowers growing out of it.
哦,裘德。我们可以买♥♥…我们可以买♥♥很多很多漂亮衣服。
Oh, Jude. We could buy… We could buy clothes.
我们想买♥♥什么就买♥♥什么,真的。
We could buy anything we wanted, really.
裘伊应该上学了。
Juey in school – We could.
我能告诉他吗?– 当然。
Can I tell him?. – Yes, you tell him.
我会告诉他的,我要告诉他!
I’ll tell him. I’ll tell him!
嘘,他们一定熟睡着呢。
Sshh, they must be asleep.
这是什么?
What is it?.
(她哭)
(She weeps)
(她尖叫)
(She screams)
(她又叫又哭)
(She shouts and weeps)
我们为万能上帝创造,我们是善良的生灵。
“For we are made as a spectacle unto the world, and unto angels and to men.
即使我们衣不蔽体,食不果腹,备受折磨,
“even to this present hour we both hunger and thirst, and are naked and are buffeted,
甚至居无定所。
“and have no certain dwelling place.
被人辱骂,我们就祝福;被人迫♥害♥,我们忍♥受。
“Being reviled, we bless. Being persecuted, we suffer it.
“被诽谤,我们恳求。
“Being defamed, we entreat.
“直至今日,我们仍是世上的污秽,万物中的渣滓。
“We are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
“我说这些话,不是要羞辱你们,乃是要视作我亲爱的儿子,警告你们。”
“I write not these things to shame you, but, as my beloved sons, to warn you.”
我们走吧。
Shall we go?.
苏?。– 我想和孩子们在一起。
Sue?. – I want to be with my children.
我在门口等你。
I’ll wait for you by the gates.
我应该自己留下养他的。
I should have kept him myself.
这一切就不会发生。
None of this would have ever happened.
如果我回到你身边……
If I had come back to you…
如果……
If…
如果……-阿♥拉♥贝拉,拜托。
If… – Arabella, please.
我想过了。
I thought about it.
你有想过吗? — 没有。
Did you ever?. – No.
这不是你的错,裘德。
It wasn’t your fault, Jude.
你为什么不看我? — 因为这是错误的。
Why won’t you look at me?. – Because it’s wrong.
我们必须受到惩罚。
We have to be punished.
我们遭罪的还不够多吗?
Haven’t we been punished enough?.
我们的爱是错的。
Our love is wrong.
孩子们因此而死。
That’s why the children died.
我们违背了他的意志,现在他在惩罚我们。
We defied him, and now he’s punishing us.
他是谁?。- – 上帝。
Who?. – God.
这与上帝无关,你比任何人都清楚。
God has nothing to do with it. You of all people know that.
我错了。– 这种状态下,你能看得清楚?
I was wrong. – And now you can see clearly, in this state?.
我在说明这事情,– 没什么好解释的。
I’m trying to explain things. – There’s nothing to explain.
那是个意外!– 不,这是审判!
It was an accident. – It was judgement.
什么?。
On what?.
你为什么这样说话?
Why do you talk lke this?.
我们没做错什么。
We’ve done nothing wrong.
“我们为万能上帝创造,我们是善良的生灵。”
“We are made a spectacle unto the world, and unto angels and to men.”
苏。
Sue.
苏,你要去哪里? — 你的孩子杀死了我的孩子。
Sue, where are you going?. – Your child killedd mine.
你的孩子杀死了我的孩子。– 苏,拜托。
Your child killedd my babies. – Sue, please.
我怎么还能面对你? 我还怎么能和你在一起?
How can I look at you?. How can I lve with you?.
你相信上帝吗? 你是这么想的,是的。
Do you beleve in God?. You think so, yes.
(听不清)
(Inaudible)
你一生中有多少次错过教堂礼拜?为什么?。
How many times have you missed a church service in your lfe?. Why?.
你现在在看什么书?
What are you reading at the moment?.
你找我♥干♥什么? — 回家吧。
What do you want with me?. – Come home.
你不知道我有多坏 — 是的,可我喜欢。
You don’t know my badness. – Yes, I do.
你让我憎恨基♥督♥教,憎恨上帝以及一切让你沦落到这种地步的东西。
You make me hate Christianity and God and whatever has reduced you to this state.
我遭受苦难是对的。– 不,你错了。
It’s right that I suffer. – It’s wrong.
像你这样的女人应该放弃自己的想法,贬低自己……
That a woman lke you should give up her mind, degrade herself…
别这样跟我说话!
Don’t talk to me lke that!
对不起。– 没关系。
I’m sorry. – Doesn’t matter.
听我说,– 回家吧。
Listen to me. – Come home.
不,我不能。
No, I can’t.
没事的,裘德我知道该怎么做。– 我们明早再谈。
It’s all right, Jude. I know what to do. – We’ll talk in the morning.
我明早得回去理查德身边。
I have to go back to Richard in the morning.
你也走。写信给阿♥拉♥贝拉,让她… — 他们对我们毫无意义。
You go, too. Write to Arabella, ask her to… – They mean nothing to us.
我们还是夫妻。– 你和我结婚了!
We’re still married. – You and I are married!
但不是在天堂,也不是在教堂! 而我是在教堂里嫁给理查德的,裘德。
But not in Heaven, not in this church! I married Richard in a church, Jude.
我想回到他身边 — 你喜欢他吗?你爱他吗?
I want to go back to him. – Do you care for him?. Do you love him?.
我会学着爱他的。– 不!你怎么能这样,苏?
I’ll learn to love him. – No. How can you, Sue?.
你爱我,苏!
You love me, Sue!
说出来,苏。
Say it, Sue.
说出来。说出来。说出来。
Say it. Say it. Say it.
我不再爱你了。
I don’t love you any more.
我会为我们祈祷的,裘德。
I’ll pray for us, Jude.
不要管我。
Not for me.
(他咳嗽)