茶,– 谢谢。
Tea. – Thanks.
“这里是我的丈夫彼得·波特,51岁。
“Here les my husband Peter Porter, age 51.
“他折磨我,欺骗我,把我们所有的伙食费都花在了啤酒上。”
“He tormented me, he cheated on me and he spent all our food money on beer.”
他死了,苏。 — 他听不见我说话。
He’s dead, Sue. – He can’t hear me.
(敲门)
(Knock at door)
告诉他我一小时内就把墓碑刻好了。
Tell him I’ll have his headstone ready in an hour.
(敲门)
(Knock at door)
阿♥拉♥贝拉?。
Arabella?.
对不起,裘德。我本不想这么做。
Sorry to come here, Jude. I didn’t want to.
我有麻烦了。我需要和你谈谈。– 怎么了?
I’m in trouble. I need to talk to you. – What’s wrong?.
我不想给你带来任何麻烦。我们能换个地方谈谈吗?
I don’t want to cause any trouble for you. Can we talk somewhere else?.
好吧。– 我住在国王角酒店。
All right. – I’m staying at the King’s Head.
是阿♥拉♥贝拉,她想和我谈谈。– 她就不能在外面和你沟通吗?
It was Arabella. She wants to talk with me. – Can’t she talk outside?.
她想让我去她住的酒店, — 那很方便嘛。
She wants me to go to a hotel – That’s convenient.
苏,我得帮她。– 为什么?。她不是你妻子。
Sue, I have to help her. – Why?. She’s not your wife.
她会给你你想要的。
She’s going to give you what you want.
你没看见她在干什么吗?她想要你回来。
Can’t you see what she’s doing?. She wants you back.
但你想要我吗?
But do you want me?.
是的。
Yes.
闭上眼睛。
Close your eyes.
你不必要这么做。– 我想,我愿意。
You don’t have to do this. – I want to.
但你得帮帮我,我不知道我在做什么,我只能假装我知道。
But you have to help me. I don’t know what I’m doing. I only pretend.
我是不是废话太多了? — 亲爱的,你多虑了。
Do I talk too much?. – No.
我是否做了不该做的? — 不,你做得很棒。
I’m doing it all wrong, aren’t I?. – No.
我是不经大脑的,– 你当然不是。
I’m intelledctualsing. – You’re not.
我又要神叨叨了,快点吻我。
Kiss me before I start talking again.
你看起来很享受这结果哟。
You look pleased with yourself.
我给你做了熏肉,香肠和鸡蛋。
I’m cooking you bacon and sausage and eggs.
为什么?。– 因为你觉得自己很牛逼,很配享受这些。
Why?. – Because you think you deserve it.
桌子上有你的一封信。
There’s a letter for you on the table.
你不打算打开看看吗? — 我一会儿再说。
Aren’t you going to open it?. – I’ll read it later.
裘德,我知道是谁写给你的。
Jude, I know who it’s from.
(阿♥拉♥贝拉)“亲爱的裘德,我写信给你只想和你说件事
(ARABELLA) “Dearest Jude, I’m writing with this news
“因为我一直找不到机会当面告诉你。
“because I never got the chance to tell you face to face.
“我和你结婚离八个月后离开了你,我生了一个男孩。
“There was a boy born of our marriage eight months after I left you.
“到目前为止,这个男孩一直和我的父母在悉尼,
“So far, the boy has been with my parents in Sydney,
“可是他们养不起他了,我也养不起。
“but they can no longer afford to keep him, and nor can I.
“我给他取了你同样的名字。”
“I named him after you. ”
你是裘德·福利吗?
Are you Jude Fawley?.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
这是你的爸爸,我叫苏,很高兴认识你。
This is your father. My name is Sue. It’s nice to meet you.
一路旅途怎么样? — 还好,谢谢。
How was your journey?. – Fine, thank you.
我来帮你拿这个吧? — 好的,谢谢。
Can I carry this?. – Yes.
阿♥拉♥贝拉说的是真的。
(SUE) What Arabella says is true.
他是你的儿子,我一眼就认出了你的影子。
He’s yours. I can see you in him.
但也有另一半是她的呀。
But the other half is her.
你会保护我的,对吧? — 我会尽力的。
You’ll protect me, won’t you?. – If I can.
你能相信你的眼睛吗? 世界真的像它看起来的那样吗?
Can you beleve your eyes?. Is the world really as it seems?.
我看到你的微笑了,相信自己看到过的绝不会让自己惊讶,对吧?!
I can see you smilng, convinced that nothing can surprise you any more. You’ve seen it all
今晚,我就给大家一个惊喜。
Well tonight, I’ll surprise you.
我将向你展示奇迹。
I’ll show you wonders.
我将向你展示一个你只在自己最黑暗的梦中才瞥见过的世界。
I’ll show you a world you’ve only glmpsed in your darkest dreams.
注意哈,穿过稀薄的空气,恐怖降临了!
Out of thin air, the terrors come!
(助产士) 马上就快了。
(MIDWIFE) Not much longer now.
你还好吗?
You all right?.
没什么好怕的,到这里来。
It’s nothing to be frightened of. Come here.
不,宝贝,别哭。– 小裘德,你能帮帮我吗?
No, baby, don’t cry. – Juey, can you help me, please?.
能帮我吗? 帮我抱一下宝宝。
Can you help me?. Hold baby for me.
扶住她的头。
Support her head.
看,我有个小宝宝。
Look, I’ve got the baby.
小心点。
Be careful
(婴儿哭)
(Baby crying)
早….
Morning.
裘德,能借一步说话吗?
Jude, can I have a word?.
他们是谁? — 你♥爸♥爸要和他们谈点事。
Who are they?. – Daddy’s going to talk to them.
工作进展很顺利。
The work is going fine.
裘德,对不起。我得找别人来接替你完成这活了。
Jude, I’m sorry. I’m going to have to get someone else to finish it for you.
为什么?。– 有些教♥徒♥抱怨了。
Why?. – Some of the parishioners have complained.
因为啥? — 你可从没告诉过我们你们没结婚。
About what?. – You never told us you weren’t married.
我们有没结婚和做石匠有关系吗?!
I never realsed that was a necessary qualfication for a stonemason.
我当然会付你一周的工钱的。
I’ll pay you for the week’s work, of course.
对不起,裘德。
I’m sorry, Jude.
六个先令,是的,夫人,七先令。这是最高价了吗?
Six shillings. Yes, madam, seven shillings. Is she going to get them?.
好的,归您啦。 谢谢您,夫人。
Yes, she is. Thank you, madam.
我们这回是两只兔子,一白一黑;可如果把皮剥掉,它们看起来就是一样的。
We got a couple of rabbits. Black and white. If you take the skin off, they look the same.
对好些人来说,这是一顿很不错的周日午餐哟。
They’ll be a very nice Sunday lunch for someone.
来吧,四便士,五便士 — 那边那位先生出七便士。
Come on. Four pence, five pence. Seven pence to the gentleman out there.
一旦人们发现我们没结婚,我们走到哪里都会是这样的。
It’s going to be lke this everywhere we go as soon as people find out we’re not married.
我们继续搬吧。
We’ll move on.
搬到一个没人认识我们的地方。
We move somewhere where nobody knows us.
如果他们又发现了,我们就再搬,一次又一次……
If they find out, we move on again, and again and again…
..直到世界改变为止。
..as long as it takes for the world to change.
我们没做错什么,苏。这是你教我的。
We’ve done nothing wrong, Sue. You’re the one who taught me that.
裘伊。
Juey.
裘伊 ! — 裘伊 !
Juey! – Juey!
照顾好你妹妹。
Take care of your sister.
你好,福利夫人,我是阿♥拉♥贝拉威尔金森。
How do you do, Mrs Fawley. Arabella Wilkinson.
裘德,你看起来精神不大好。– 谢谢关心。
You look sick, Jude. – Thank you.
这面包甚至还有山墙和小窗户,太可爱了。
There’s even gables and lttle windows. How very sweet.
还在关心着基♥督♥寺城呢。
Still harping on about Christminster.
你还好吗? — 还好吧。
How are you?. – All right.
我丈夫死了,他把一切都留给了我。
My husband died, left me everything.
那你想要些啥? — 哦,我想我会拥有一整个学院了。
What would you lke?. – Oh, I think I’ll have a whole colledge.
是哪所大学拒绝了你,裘德? 好吧,我不会选择那家的。
Which was the colledge that refused you, Jude?. Well I shan’t have that one.
你真是个非常骄傲的人,裘德。
You were such a proud man, Jude.
裘德。
Jude.
你好。
Hello.
你不认识你妈妈了吗? — 认识的。
Don’t you recognise your ma, then?. – Yeah.
我给你买♥♥了些蛋糕。你想来点吗? — 不用了,谢谢。
I bought you some cake. Would you lke some?. – No, thank you.
我想你的小妹妹会喜欢的,她还很小。
I think your lttle sister would lke some. – She’s too small
但你个头很大呢,你现在多大了?
But you are big, though. How old are you now?.
八岁。
Eight.
八岁三个月零六天。
ARABELLA) Eight years, three months and six days.
你看,我记得很清楚。
I remember exactly.
八岁是我最喜欢的年龄。
Eight was my favourite age.
我猜你肯定想九岁了吧? — 是的。
I bet you want to be nine, though?. – Yeah.
嘿,你结婚了吗? — 没有。
Hey, are you married yet?. – No.
我亲亲你可以吗? — 可以。
Be all right if I kiss you, then?. – Yeah.
你是个好孩子,裘德。
You’re a good boy, Jude.
你这是怎么了?
What is it?.
我想回基♥督♥寺城。
I want to go back to Christminster.
因为阿♥拉♥贝拉伤害了你的自尊? — 因为我还有一些自尊。
Because Arabella hurt your pride?. – Because I still have some.
乌鸦飞过灌木丛,乌鸦飞过灌木丛
(JUDE) * The crow flew over the bush The crow flew over the bush
乌鸦飞过灌木丛,你认为他看到了什么?
# The crow flew over the bush # What do you think he saw?.
猜猜这是谁? — 这声音在哪儿我都能听得出,乔叔叔。
Guess who?. – I know that voice anywhere. Uncle Joe.
吉姆! 把你的尾巴翘起来。
在这儿,我找到了基♥督♥寺城圣贫民窟学院的导师。
Jim! Take your tail up. Over here. I’ve found the tutor of St Slum’s Colledge,Christminster.
嘿,嘿! 你还能用拉丁文念使徒信经吗,裘德。
Hey, hey! Can you still say the Apostle’s Creed in Latin, Jude.
“至高无上的信条,上帝全能。”
“Credo in unum Deum, Patrem omnipotentem.”
看看你,裘德。你一个人做了些什么?
Look at you, Jude. What have you been doing with yourself?.
他要养活更多的家人了。
He’s got himself more mouths to feed.
你还记得我的朋友吧? — 是的,当然记得。
You remember my friends, don’t you?. – Yes, of course.
表兄妹结婚了。
So cousins do get married.
这是我的长子,小裘德。– 你怎么了,小家伙?
My eldest, lttle Jude. – Oh, what’s wrong with you, lttle man?.
他累了。– 没有,不累。
He’s tired. – Nothing.
我们每年都在游♥行♥的时候队伍里找你。
We’ve been looking out for you in the parade every year.
可从没想过会在观看的人群中找到你。
Never thought we’d find you in the crowd.
事情的结果完全不同。
Things turned out differently.
我希望你不后悔吧? — 多少有一些。
No regrets, I hope?. – Some.
任何人面对此问题都很难回答。
Difficult question for any man to answer.
无论如何都要或者追随自己的梦想,或者慢慢屈服于生活的重压。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!