It’s very hard for us to lower the cost at this point.
我们已经亏了很多钱
We’re already losing a lot of money.
怎么会呢,除了预付给达拉斯的 德里克马卡姆的
How could that possibly be, with the $500,000 that we’ve given you…
五万美元专利费
on top of the $50,000 of advance royalties…
我们还支付给你们50万美元
that have gone to a Derek Markham in Dallas.
更别说我姐姐付了你们的那笔
And that’s not even counting what my sister paid you…
因为你们多收费和出错产生的费用
without my authority, by the way…
顺便说下,还是未经我授权的
for your overcharges and your mistakes.
你姐姐付了你拒绝支付的涨价部分
Your sister paid the increase that you refused to pay.
她没权这样做,她根本不是我公♥司♥的一员
Well, she had no authority to do that. She’s not an officer of my corporation.
我们可以花很多时间和钱去法庭 证明我是对的
You and I could both spend a lot of time and money in court to prove that I’m right…
但那只会让我们的律师更富有
but that would just make our lawyers wealthy…
与此同时我的产品却停产 不能上电视
while my product dies instead of being on television…
就像现在这样
like it could be right now.
你可以付更多钱
You can pay more.
我付不了更多,我不会
I can’t pay more. I won’t.
成本更高了,模具有损耗
Costs are higher. Wear and tear on the molds.
我们每隔一周都要重做一次
We have to remake them every other week.
是吗?我能看看模具吗?
Is that so? Can I see the molds?
它们在机器里
They’re in the machines.
给你看需要花些时间
It’ll take some time to prepare them for you.
我能用下洗手间吗?
Is there a bathroom I could use?
可以,走廊走到底 格里高利会带你去
Yeah, it’s down the hall. Gregory will show you.
谢谢
Thanks.
帕克制♥造♥厂专利 自己拧干拖把模具
什么?
What?
你在这里干什么?
What are you doing in here?
这是什么?
What is this?
这些是我的设计图,是我的模具!
These are my designs, these are my molds!
那些是我们的!
Those are ours!
我们就知道你是个麻烦 警♥察♥已经在路上了
And we knew you’d be trouble. The cops are on their way.
–你一来我们就报♥警♥了 –这些是我的模具!
– We called ’em as soon as you showed up! – These are my molds!
是我们的!
Those are ours!
我要把这些带走
I’m taking these with me.
我要把这些全部带走
I’m taking all of these with me.
我要把这些都打包,我要带走它们
I want all of these boxed up, and I’m taking them.
你非法入侵!
You’re trespassing!
这不是你们的专利!
It’s not your patent!
这些是我的设计!
These are my designs!
不带走我的模具我哪也不会去
I’m not going anywhere without my molds.
什么?不,不
What? No. No.
这不是偷窃,这是我的财产!
This is not stealing, this is my property!
这是我的财产!
This is my property.
我拥有这些设计图,这些都是我的 它们属于我!
I have all of these designs. These are all mine. They belong to me!
她来自别的州,约翰!你认识我15年了!
She’s from out of state, John! You’ve known me 15 years!
好了,走吧,女士,你非法入侵了
All right, come on, ma’am. You’re trespassing.
–什么? –对,走吧
– What? – Yeah. Come on.
–我没有非法入侵 –不,你非法入侵了
– I’m not trespassing. – Yeah, you’re trespassing.
我之前在他的办公室
I was in his office.
–我不知道,走吧 –他让我进他的…
– You don’t know. Come on. – He let me into his…
杰哈德,我不会放过你的
Gerhardt, you’re not gonna get away with this.
–我不会放过你的! –说话小心点
– You’re not gonna get away with this! – Be careful what you’re saying.
–你是个小偷!杰哈德! –当心,走吧
– You’re a thief! You’re a thief, Gerhardt! – Be careful, come on, come on.
当心,走吧,停住
Be careful. Come on, stop it.
–这是偷窃! –嗨嗨,别嚷嚷了,走吧
– This is stealing! – Hey, hey, stop it. Come on.
好吧
All right.
小心脚下,好吧
Watch your step. All right.
特鲁迪的钱呢,乔伊?
What about Trudy’s money, Joy?
你得还特鲁迪的钱
You have to pay back Trudy’s money.
只会变得越来越糟
This is only getting worse.
我觉得势头不妙,乔伊
I predicted tragedy, Joy.
你欠下了一大笔债
You’re racking up quite a steep bill.
我们还不得不飞来这里保释你
We had to fly out here, bail you out.
再加上我们额外支付了雷贾克内 一万美元
Plus it cost us an extra $10,000 for Ray Cagney…
这位加利福尼亚的专利律师 帮我们到这份上
this California patent attorney, to get us to this point.
我们让州政♥府♥撤销了指控
We got the state to decline prosecution.
他们认为这是一起合同纠纷
They see it’s a contract dispute.
当你给德克萨斯的德里克马卡姆 付专利费时
When you paid royalties to Derek Markham in T exas…
你就把所有零部件和模具 归到他们的专利里了
it put all your parts and molds under the umbrella of their patent.
我看你带了你的设计图 想证明这是你的设计
I see you brought your drawings and hung them to prove your design.
但现在没法起诉他们
But it’s impossible to fight it now.
你没得到正确的法律咨♥询♥
You were not properly advised.
克里斯蒂,别闹了!
Cristy, please!
托尼,带她去睡觉
Tony, take her to bed.
我不想睡觉,我想待在这里
I don’t wanna go to bed. I wanna stay here.
我付那些专利费
I paid those royalties…
是因为你让我付的
because you told me to.
因为你的律师让我付的
Because your lawyer told me to.
我们的律师弄错了 生意上有时会发生这种事
Our lawyer was mistaken. This happens sometimes in business.
你运气不太好
It didn’t work out for you.
有时是会发生这样的事
It happens sometimes.
特鲁迪的律师不是专利律师
Trudy’s lawyer is not a patent attorney.
我就是那么说的!
Which I said!
而你说我没资格给乔伊提建议
And you said I had no business being Joy’s advisor.
–现在证明我是对的了! –你这是帮倒忙,托尼!
– And now it turns out that I was right! – This is not helpful, Tony!
–够了,托尼,拜托 –哦,现在够了?
– That’s enough, Tony. Please. – It’s enough, now?
我很抱歉 我希望我能帮上什么忙
I’m very sorry. I wish there was more I could do.
但是当你姐姐佩吉付了你拒绝支付的
But when your sister Peggy paid the unjustified bills…
不公正的账单后
that you refused to pay…
就已经没办法了
it closed the door on that.
尼尔沃克和QVC怎么办?
What about Neil Walker and QVC?
他们不会支付争夺专利的费用吗?
Wouldn’t they pay the expenses on defending the patent?
小心点,乔伊
Be careful, Joy.
你可能会因对产品的虚假陈述 和未能交付而被起诉
You could be sued for misrepresentation and failure to deliver your product.
这是毁灭性的
That’s breach.
QVC要求你交付有完全专利权的产品
QVC requires that you deliver a fully patented product.
我♥干♥这一行很久了
I’ve been doing this for a long time.
你会面临漫长的法庭程序 会导致产品停产
You’re in for a long court process that will stall your product.
而且你还可能败诉
And you will probably lose.
我希望我能帮上更多忙
I wish I could do more.
保重
Take care, now.
你得接受现实,乔伊
You’re gonna have to accept the facts, Joy.
我是说,这…
I mean, that’s…
你差不多欠了五十万美元的债了
You’re most of half a million dollars in debt.
我不知道你要怎么偿还
I don’t know how you’re gonna pay it.
我们得宣布破产
We have to declare bankruptcy.
你得宣布破产
You’re gonna have to declare bankruptcy.
我得宣布破产
I have to declare bankruptcy.
她必须得这样
She has to.
–以防我进一步的损失 –对
– To try to contain my losses. – Yeah.
我得把损失匀回来
I have to write it off.
这样很不对
It just seems so wrong.
我们那么努力
We’ve worked so hard.
我们一路经历了那么多,现在就放弃的话
We’ve come so far for us to just give up now.
太不公平了
It just seems so unfair!
生意场上何来公平,现实就是这样
Business is unfair. That’s it.
只是没做成,这种事时有发生
It’s not working out. Well, that’s what happens.
所以人们不会每天 没事就发明件东西
That’s why people don’t go around making invention every other day.
清醒吧!
Wake up!
都是我的错
It’s my fault.
是我给她信心,让她认为自己远不止是 在垃圾频道上
I gave her the confidence to think she was more than just an unemployed housewife…
卖♥♥塑料厨房♥用具给其他失业家庭主妇的
selling plastic kitchen stuff to other unemployed housewives…
一个失业家庭主妇
on a junk cable channel.
是我的错,不是你的错,亲爱的
It’s my fault. It’s not your fault, honey.
是我让她误以为能超越自己
It was my mistake to make her think that she was more than she was.
她强迫自己做了她本不该做的事
She pressured herself into doing something she shouldn’t have done.
你不该给自己压力的
It was wrong of you to put that pressure on yourself.
我们不该给你那样的压力
It was wrong of us to put that pressure on you.
我需要更多伏特加
I need more vodka.
我们不该认为你会在一夜之间 就成为出色的商人
It was wrong of us to think that you’d be an instant business person overnight.
当然,那不是你
Of course, this is not who you are.