And I made this mop…
是因为它比市面上的任何拖把都好
because it is better than anything else out there.
请给我一个机会
Please give me a chance.
我喜欢用塑料来造
I like that it’s plastic…
因为手拿着很轻,就像没拿东西
because it’s so light in my hands, it’s like nothing.
而且比市面上任何一个拖把的吸水性都好
It’s also ten times more absorbent than any other mop on the market.
为什么?
Why?
因为用的是我自己缠的 91米连续的全棉线
Because of 300 feet of continuous cotton loop that I looped myself.
对于一个小小的拖把头来讲
That is an enormous amount of absorbent cotton…
那是数量极多的吸水棉
on a very small mop head.
现在我已经拖完洗手间了 我都没拧过一次拖把
Now I’m done with the bathroom, and I haven’t wrung the mop once.
我来问你个问题
Let me ask you a question.
你会用这个拖把
Would you take this mop…
这个拖过洗手间
where you were just cleaning the bathroom…
马桶旁、满是细菌的拖把
and around the toilet, and all of those germs…
去拖厨房♥吗?
and take it into the kitchen…
你的家人会在那里吃饭 你会在那里喂孩子
where your family eats, where you feed your children?
我把拖把头放进洗衣机去洗
I take this mop head, I put it in the washing machine…
出来后就像新的一样
it comes out clean like new.
其他的拖把就做不到
You can’t do that with any other mop.
–所以… –好了
– So… – Stop.
下周你能生产出五万把这样的拖把吗?
Can you make 50,000 of these mops by next week?
我想可以
Yeah, I think so.
大卫塞尔兹尼克,移♥民♥后裔
David Selznick, the son of immigrants…
娶了俄克拉荷马州的詹妮弗琼斯 一位美国甜心
married Jennifer Jones from Oklahoma, America’s sweetheart.
这显现出,在美国
That just goes to show you that in America…
门不当户不对的结合是很常见的事
the ordinary meets the extraordinary every single day.
托马斯,你想说什么?
Thomas. Where are you going with that?
你想要的那条紧身裤
The skinny pants you wanted.
我从没说过“紧身裤” 我说的是“大礼帽”,经典装束
I never said “skinny pants.” I said, “stovepipe.” Classic look.
我听成“紧身裤”了
I heard “skinny pants”
你知道我有多爱大礼帽
You know how much I love the stovepipe.
–大礼帽,经典,明白了 –明白了
– Stovepipe. Classic. Got it. – Got it.
–好吧,我们用大礼帽 –谢谢
– Fine, we’ll go for stovepipe. – Thank you.
看到这些人了吗?我跟他们说了很多次了 他们还是不明白
See those guys? I told them so many times and they still don’t understand.
一位智者曾经说过
A very smart guy once said…
“一件事情你跟别人讲一遍,他们不会听 讲四遍,他们还是不听
“You tell somebody something once, they don’t listen. You tell somebody four times, they don’t listen.
“讲到第九遍的时候,他们才会听”
“By the ninth time you say it, they begin to hear you.”
这就是我们要工作24小时的原因
That’s why we’re on 24 hours a day.
这就是我得跟这帮人说大礼帽的原因
That’s why, with the people who I have to tell about the stovepipe.
化妆间放音乐?
Music in the makeup rooms?
对,我觉得这样有气氛,托德
Yeah, I thought it’d give a sense of place, Todd.
但如果你不想的话,随时可以关掉
But if you don’t want it, you can always turn it down.
你是我们最棒的销♥售♥员,托德
You’re our biggest seller, Todd.
只要你觉得舒服就好 我们就在乎你
Whatever you need to make you comfortable. You’re who we care about.
你是我们最棒的销♥售♥员
You’re our number-one seller.
–什么? –哦,不
– What? – Oh, no.
他是你们最棒的销♥售♥员?
He’s your number-one seller?
不不不,辛迪,别这样 你知道我们爱你的
No, no, no. Cindy, please. You know that we love you.
哦,老天啊
Oh, for heaven sake.
她一向缺乏职业素养 显而易见,她就是嫉妒
She’s never had a professional attitude. Clearly, she’s jealous.
但是你能帮我个忙吗? 和她成为朋友
But could you do me a favor? Make her your friend.
你能帮我这个忙吗,托德? 拜托了?
Could you just do me that favor, Todd? Please?
为了我?
For me?
–可以,先生 –谢谢
– Yes, sir. – Thank you.
这是乔伊,她有个不可思议的拖把 我们下周会介绍
This is Joy. She has a very exciting new mop that we’re gonna introduce next week.
我想让你介绍,你是我的最佳人选
I would like you to launch it. You’re my first choice.
一个拖把?
A mop?
你想让我介绍一个新产品?
You want me to bring this newborn into the world?
你要介绍的这个新产品是我倾其所有
That newborn that you’re holding is every cent, every dollar, even debt…
才研发出来的
that I’ve ever made.
倾其所有?
Every cent you’ve ever made?
没错
That’s right.
给我太大压力可不好
That kind of pressure is not helpful.
–什么? –不
– What? – No
这也不符合我推销的技巧
It’s not part of my process, either.

Oh.
–托德 –我不是想给你压力,托德
– Todd… – I didn’t mean to pressure you, Todd.
托德
–表演者会很挑剔 –他非常敏感
– Performers can be finicky creatures. – He’s very sensitive.
他是我们最棒的销♥售♥员 他的销♥售♥额高到
He is our number-one seller. He is selling everything through the roof…
我们闻所未闻
in numbers we’ve never seen before.
我很严肃对待
I take it very seriously.
我把推销产品给千家万户视为荣幸
I see it as a privilege that we have to go into people’s homes.
我鄙视对此有异议的人
And I despise anybody who’s cynical about that.
杰克华纳对此没有异议 达里尔扎努克没有异议
Jack Warner wasn’t cynical about that. Darryl Zanuck wasn’t cynical about that.
尼尔沃克也没有异议
And Neil Walker is not cynical about that.
我带你去看舞台
Let me show you the stage.
我相信,有一天
I believe eventually, one day…
电视节目会围绕着普通民众的生活
television will even be by and about actual regular people.
甚至电脑也如此,全天候的播放
Maybe even on computers, 24 hours a day.
谁都说不准 以前没人想过会有互联网
Who knows? Nobody thought this network would be real.
而如今却如此发达了
And here we are.
–对了,库存很多 –什么…
– By the way, stock’s going through the roof. – What…?
得小心琼的狗
Must be mindful of Joan’s dog.
谁是…谁是琼?
Who’s… Who’s Joan?
谢谢你,亲爱的
Thank you, darling.
在男人的天下穿成这样 你永远不会成功
You’re never gonna make it in a man’s world dressed like that.
皮普先生,你差点被挤成皮普煎饼了
Mr. Peepers, you were almost a Peepers pancake.
这是一个有四、五个布景的圆形舞台
It’s a round stage that has four or five different sets that rotate…
会根据我们推销的产品在规定的时间旋转
depending on what we’re selling at a given moment.
这个扣环是项链的一部分,看到了吗?
The clasp is part of the necklace. See?
看看这个扣环的质量 我们的质量就是如此好
Look at the quality in this clasp. That’s what we do.
精益求精
Absolutely exquisite.
琼和辛迪上了 看看这个
Here comes Joan and Cindy. Watch this.
这些人是主角
These guys are major.
琼是天生的推销员
Joan’s the original seller.
如果你刚开始收集珠宝 你能买♥♥到比这更好的吗?
If you’re just starting your jewelry wardrobe, can you do anything better than this?
黑色、金色与珍珠的混搭
You’re gonna mix in your blacks, your golds, your pearls.
–该有的全有了 –全有了
– Everything. – Everything.
看到它和这桃色的裙子有多搭了吗?
Look at it against the peach. Okay?
–瞧瞧 –适合早上
– Look at that. – Morning.
–瞧瞧 –绿色,适合下午
– Look at that. – Green. Afternoon.
–瞧瞧,黑色,晚上 –黑色,适合晚上
– Look. Black, night. – Black, evening.
–当然适合晚上了 –有比这更优雅的吗?
– Of course at night. – I mean, can you be more elegant?
可见它实用又优雅
So it’s functional. Elegant.
你可以单独佩戴 你可以戴着它…我喜欢的一点…
You can wear it alone. You can wear it… What I love…
看到了吗,明星和人们总会犯这个错误
See. Stars and people, they always make the mistake.
他们觉得脸才是重要的 并非如此
They think it’s about the face, but it’s not.
手才是重要的
It’s about the hands.
因为人们要用到手
Because that’s what people use.
他们用手拿着他们在乎的东西
They hold things they care about.
她的手会成为他们的手
And her hands are gonna become their hands.
会成为他们
And that becomes them.
之后是他们的声音 他们的眼睛
And then their voice, and then their eyes.
明星总是犯这个错
Stars always make the mistake.
手和声音才是至关重要的 才是精髓
It’s really about the hands and the voice. That’s the heart of it.
J-6276号♥
Number J-6276.
价值100美元
A $100 value.
它们多惊艳呀!
Are they not phenomenal?
–看着 –它们可以成为你的
– Now watch this. – These can be yours.
–辛迪马上就要说… –但你要现在就打电♥话♥订购
– Cindy’s gonna lay this down right… – But you need to call in right now.
39.99美元
$39.99.
…现在!
…now!
你需要它,你可以得到它
You need this. You can get this.
不过你得现在就打电♥话♥
You need to call right now, though.
–我被告知数量有限 –看看打进来的电♥话♥
– I’m being told we have limited quantity left. – Watch the calls come in.
看着,电♥话♥进来了
Watch them. Here they come.
39.99美元的价格,你或许该多买♥♥几条
For $39.99, you might as well get several.
电♥话♥现在进来了
Calls coming in now.
电♥话♥,电♥话♥
Calls. Calls.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!