何塞?
Josep?
狗屎!
Shit!
该死的西班牙人!
Fucking Spaniard!
潜水后你做了什么?
What did you do after diving?
什么之后?
After what?
你跳水了,然后呢?
You dived. Then?
好了,别笑了,这算什么?
Okay, stop it, what is it?
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
瓦伦汀。
Valentin.
我们见过吗?
Have we met?
是的,爷爷,我是你的孙子。
Yes, Grandpa, I’m your grandson.
哪一个?
Which one?
你唯一的一个。
The only one you’ve got.
你有几个爷爷?
And how many grandpas do you have?
一个,我从没见过另外的。
One. I never met the other one.
你知道我的名字吗?
Do you know my name?
瑟奇爷爷?–瑟奇!
Grandpa Serge? – Serge!
不是何塞。
Not Josep.
我以为…–你想象力真丰富
I thought… – You’ve got a big imagination.
太丰富了,妈妈说的。–永远不会太丰富的。
Too big, Mum says. – It’s never too big.
我的孩子,再过一周,也许一个月,
You know, my boy, in a week, maybe a month,
我就会走的。
I’ll be gone.
所以如果你想告诉我你的想法,请快点。
So if you want to tell me what you thought, hurry up.
我以为你逃跑后把名字改成了瑟奇,
I thought you’d changed your name to Serge after you fled,
转入地下。
went underground.
很多抵抗战士改了名字,所以…
The resistance fighters changed their names, so…
你更喜欢那样,对吧?
You’d prefer that, right?
我们不可能都是西班牙共和主义者
We can’t all be Spanish republicans,
对抗着佛朗哥
fight Franco
还像你一样,有绘画天赋。
and be gifted at drawing, like you.
嗯,我是法国人。
Well, I was French.
一个法国宪兵。
A French gendarme.
这是怎么呢?你要离开吗?去哪儿?
What’s going on? You leaving? Where to?
去我们的兵营。
To our barracks.
德国佬那边的局势越来越紧张了。
Things are heating up there with the Krauts.
我们要把他们打得落花流水!
We’ll beat them hollow!
我们走吧!
Let’s go!
这不是真的!
This isn’t happening!
卫生间
WASHROOM
哦, 不。狗屎!
Oh, no. Shit!
不可能是……
It can’t be…
罗伯特!
Robert!
那些黑人……
The darkies…
妈的!
Shit!
我做了一个法国宪兵应该做的事。
I did what a French gendarme had to do.
并不总是所有的事都是好的。
It wasn’t always nice.
请移♥动♥!
Move, please!
走吧!
Go!
快!
Move!
我不喜欢这样做。
I didn’t like doing it.
但我还是这么做了。
But I did it anyway.
它们是害虫,像绦虫。
They’re vermin. Like tapeworms.
你永远也摆脱不了他们。
You can never get rid of them.
走吧!来吧!
Go! Come on!
有时,
Sometimes,
我们不得不向盖世太保伸出援手。
we had to lend a hand to the Gestapo.
我们必须服从命令要到什么程度?
To what extent did we have to obey orders?
今天是星期天,我要去看我妈妈……
It’s Sunday, I’m going to see my mum…
有烟吗? –当然有的。
Got a ciggie? – Yes, sure.
这里。
Here.
谢谢你,我的孩子。
Thank you, my boy.
嘿,你!
Hey, you!
到这里来。
Come here.
是的,你!到这里来。
Yes, you! Come here.
我认识你!
I know you!
爬上去!
Climb in!
我说,爬进来!
I said, climb in!
利昂,你不认识这个混♥蛋♥吗?
Léon, don’t you recognise this fucker?
哦,是的,那个涂鸦者。
Oh, yes, the doodler.
完全正确!
Exactly!
坐下来。
Sit down.
坐下,别动。明白了吗?
Sit down and don’t move. Got it?
也许就是那时我想起了塞内加尔步兵。
Maybe that’s when I remembered the Senegalese infantrymen.
我们把他们从很远的地方带过来这里帮我们干脏活。
We’d brought them from so far to help us do the dirty work.
他们可能很凶猛。
They could be fierce.
但他们往往得不到可以殴打白人的许可。
They often didn’t get permission to beat up whites.
不是她吗?
It wasn’t her?
不,玛莉亚没有蓝色的眼睛。
No, María doesn’t have blue eyes.
你还没有找到她吗?
Have you not found her?
德国飞机轰炸了她在菲格拉斯的火车。
The German planes bombed her train in Figueras.
她没能去法国。
She never made it to France.
当我告诉我的塞内加尔朋友
When I told my Senegalese friend
我要把何塞普偷偷带出营地去救伤船的计划
about my plan to sneak Josep out of the camp
他回答到,
to the hospital ship, he replied,
“如果我没看到他离开,我为什么要开枪?”
“If I don’t see him go, why would I shoot?”
我意识到他不会违抗命令
I realised he wouldn’t disobey orders,
但他会睁一只眼闭一只眼。
he’d simply look the other way.
这个共和党人♥渣♥在说什么?
What’s this republican scum on about?
但我不能视而不见。
But I couldn’t just look the other way.
我告诉了何塞我的计划。
I told Josep about my plan.
嘿,你!
Hey, you there!
站住!
Stop!
你为什么不跟他一起逃?
Why didn’t you escape with him?
我不知道。
I don’t know.
也许我很害怕。
I was afraid, perhaps.
没有,但是……
No, but…
你做得太棒了!
What you did was brilliant!
也许我认为犯人总是会逃跑。
Maybe I reckoned prisoners ran away all the time.
但我不是囚犯。
But I wasn’t a prisoner.
但你是英雄!
But you’re a hero!
不,不……
No, no…
是我让那些人坐火车来的。
I let all those people take those trains.
我在医院醒来
I woke up in hospital.
我受了伤,所以无法拿枪了。
I was injured, so I was useless with a rifle.
我尽我所能帮了他们。
I helped out however I could.
抵抗战士?
The resistance fighters?
你有改名字吗?
Did you have a nom de guerre?
是的。
Yes.
何塞。
Josep.
我就知道!哈。
I knew it!
然后呢?– 哦,…
Then what? – Oh, then…
你找到她了吗?
Did you find her?
你说什么?– 你的爱人呀。
Excuse me? – Your sweetheart.
啊,在西班牙领♥事♥馆♥,对吧?
Ah, the Spanish consulate, right?
是的。
Yes.
爱丽柯塔。
Enriqueta.
她不是我的爱人,而是我朋友的,
She wasn’t my sweetheart, but my friend’s,
何塞·巴托里。
Josep Bartoli.
何塞·巴托里?
Josep Bartoli?
我的上帝!
Good God!
萨尔瓦多,快来看!
Salvador, come see!
面包师已经被征召了。
The baker had been conscripted.
市长到最近的流放地去找一个新的面包师。
The mayor went to find a new baker in the nearest exile camp.
他是何塞的哥哥。
He was Josep’s brother.
我尽我所能地帮忙。
I helped however I could.
违抗命令是最明智的义务
Disobedience is the wisest of duties
几个月后,
A few months later,
我收到一封来自墨西哥的信。
I got a letter from Mexico.
爷爷!你没事吧,爷爷?
Grandpa! You okay, Grandpa?
我们谈到了墨西哥。
We were in Mexico.